Does God have the answer for every question

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (148 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Yes He does, there is no question that God done have the answer for. Ask one?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

even google has all answers...why bother god about it?...but if i have to ask one question..it would be why god made some many religions at first place?...

1. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can Google tell me how to love you?

yes...it can..just type how to love some one and you would get all needed write ups...but how to love some one doesnot need answers from any external being including god...we are well equipped to deal with that ourselves...do we need answers from god about how to digest food?..how to inhale oxygen?..no..those are natural programmed thing..similarly how to love cannot be taught..it comes naturally...but guidelines can come from google if you want...

anyways i am not here to fight ...i got what you are saying but i dont believe in religious god and books...i dont want answers from some external being...that is my stand on it..i hope you dont mind that ..i perfectly respect your stand..take care and talk to you on monday...

1. profile image52
            Irshadnawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I believe there is something on the mountain top and i am climbing to get there to see it."

"I don't believe that there is anything on the mountain top and i am climbing there to see it"

We are all on the same footing buddy. We are both looking. The one chose to believe before seeing while the other wants to see before believing. Bottom line: we are all searching.

The answer is in the evolution of thought: some people accept the invention of the wheel by others and move forward. Others want to reinvent the wheel.

but those who invented the wheel challenged group mind set...He didnt believe in what others said , what his forefathers wrote and what others thought god wanted man to travel like...He used brain (which believers have right to say god made ) , and making use of that brain , he changed the way people worked...the people who challenged the doctrine,group believes and traditions are the people who made current world possible for us...isn't it?

1. profile image52

You are right about challenging existing beliefs for the sake of progress.

But isn't it equally right that people who did so were never ordinary people in the common usage of the term. they were either inspired or were geniuses.

There was some kind of power in their thoughts and views such that their teachings travelled through the centuries despite continuous criticism and oppositon only to get credence from the vast majority in the end...like Christianity, like Judaism...

In such discussions there is a necessary element of belief involved...it's like you show me a tomato and i say prove that it is a tomato...which goes to mean that i am not ready to see a tomato yet...

yes important point...but when applied to current situation...all religious heads in past took baton but now it is time to pass those baton...religion in present form need evolution...it cannot be kept frozen in time because religion was product of human thoughts which keep evolving...we can't have my god and my way only way...that would be disastrous...it is not my tribe , my people any more...it is entire human race...also science is far more developed to accept obsolete theories in religion...we need to continue with what is good and challenge what is not good with current perceptive...considering something frozen in time and perfect cannot progress...

2. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've got more answers off google and books than off God too

1. getitrite profile image71
              getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying google is better than this perfect bible, that was written by dubious authors who were probably ignorant goat herders from the Bronze Age?lol

Faulty reasoning, I say. lol neutral lol

2. profile image0

not only can google tell you how to love, it can find you someone to love smile

1. profile image0
            ShaunLindberghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. profile image0

If I ever need to find a new husband, I'll google, not pray.

I know a 40-year-old christian virgin waiting for God to provide a wife of his dreams - I think it will remain that  - in his dreams

2. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my theroy is...he didn't. People made the religions. It probably got all messed up back when he did that thing at the tower of Babel. If you believe the Bible...

and if you belive the Bible, God has ALL the answers, he's just keeping them to himself.

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have always heard that  "little" knowledge is the most  dangerous thing on earth.

There are many things that we don't need the answers to.
          We would hurt ourselves more than they would help.

I have learned many things in life that I now wish that I hadn't.

1. profile image0
            DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I understand that. loud and clear.

Good    Morning  DoorMattnomore

From what I have read in here today, it sounds like a good day to spend here.  Too bad I gotta go to work.

I think that (More) wisdom is kinda like a Christmas presents under the tree.  No names on them ... Just grab a box that you instinctively think that ya want.

It might be the pony that ya wanted ..OR ..  the dress that your sister was hoping for.

I usually found dirty socks.  And a lesson wearing them.

I better get out of here before all of my insanity is exposed.

Will be checking back in during the day.

Everyone  ENJOY.

2. profile image52

Alxander Pope wrote this in his poem and said that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

3. HubCrafter profile image59
        HubCrafterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A very good question, lol.
        Religion seems to a very old habit with mankind.
        The cave paintings at Lascoix (sp. , sorry) seem to show animals running and humans hunting them. It would seem from this that those cave dwellers used Art to recall their hunting adventures...or was it to magically control the animals...or to bond with them and ask their aid?
        Whatever the motive might be for painting these hunting scenes, the cave people were not taught or led by the animals to paint..were they?
        Perhaps it is the same with the great variety of religions.
        Man formed hisown religions for his own reasons.

But, if God exists, why should He be silent? If God created the universe and all that is in it, why should He start all these things in motion and then just leave it on autopilot?
        It's like a man or woman going to work one day and then deciding to quit all their labors. Why?
        If people are responsible souls who work hard and typically complete each day's work, why should God stop working? Is there no plan for all this universe? Is it just spinning through space without purpose? Are we really in charge of this tiny corner of creation; left without a guide or a notion of it's purpose..or our own for that matter?
        What value do people have if God's opinion is not valued? Some cultures and religions place nearly no real value upon the life of an individual human being. After all, as some believe, we (our souls) just get recycled again. We'll return over and over again as bugs or animals or even as people..until we become like...
        In that world view justice doesn't matter. Things will work out in the long run anyway. So who cares about you and your petty, personal needs? The universe? Hardly. It's just gas and dust, right?
        So, if the universe has no real care about you then, as some believe, it's up to you to please and protect yourself. In this view, it's me first and the heck with you. Justice here is simple. If it benefits me..it's good. If not..let's fight.
        Well, we could go on and on about the various world views of the great religions. There's no end to it. But underlying these religions is a philosophy of some kind. The great majority say, me first.
        So there are wars and killings and thefts..because I want and you have it.
        If God exists...and if He created all things...does He really need something we have? Like money or gold or whatever other things we hold dear? Unlikely, huh.
        So, what would God hold dear? He has no need for material things. He already has all power and all knowledge and whatever wealth there is in owning what you have made. So what does God still want for? Why...did He create the universe?

In other words the concept of God is nonsensical.

But I would like to see the believers answer any of your questions, honestly.

2. profile image52

Wisdom of God....trying to measure without the proper instrument...

3. profile image0
          1eyedixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

have u seen the Murial's at Denver international air port,very interesting!

4. profile image52

Hi Hubcrafter!

So why did God create the universe after all?

5. profile image53

God still needs you love, and he did not leave his creation his creation didn't wan to go in the direction God wanted them to go. Now, God could have stop them, but, God didn't want to use force. He want our relationship to be that of a father and son. you see no one have ask me a question that God could not answer.

4. profile image0

eazy god didn't make religeons jonh rambo did.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is manmade.

2. tdarby profile image60
      tdarbyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think He does.  I don't think he tells us all the awnsers or else how would we ever learn.  He does tell us more if we ask.

1. profile image53

The Bible is all the answers, we just have to look for them. A write once said if you want to keep people down put the answers in a book.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think all the answers are out there but most of us have lost touch with our intuition, instinct and ability to perceive beyond our immediate needs.  And they call it progress.  Phooey.

1. profile image53

God's word have the answers, done let people that call themselves christian, and are doing every thing under the sun, have you look in other directions

3. getitrite profile image71

Believers say that they experience God through feelings.  By this method, God is still anonymous.

So why can't God reveal himself through the most accurate sense:  SIGHT

1. pjk_artist profile image63
        pjk_artistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My friend YOU are God.  He sees through your eyes.

Is that your opinion or fact?

2. profile image53

Great question, He do through his people, and after saying that I have to say I am sorry because we have done a great job of revealing God. You may look more like God than we do.

Sorry that did not answer my question. 

God needs to reveal himself to us, through our sense of sight, so that we can have clarity of his existence.

Why does God not do this?  I want an answer from God on this question, not unqualified opinion.

By the way, we are all God's people.  Are you saying God reveals himself to you, then you give me the revelation second-hand.  No, that will not suffice, becuase that could be a trick.

1. aguasilver profile image70
            aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Matthew 12:38-40 (Amplified Bible)

38Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, Teacher, we desire to see a sign or miracle from You [proving that You are what You claim to be].

39But He replied to them, An evil and adulterous generation (a generation [a]morally unfaithful to God) seeks and demands a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

40For even as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.(A)

There you go....

2. profile image53

It is amazing that you would believe God's word as a trick, but, the other books written by man you would believe. Yes, God reveals himself to you, me or who every will. He is saying, if you take the same faith that you have in man and put it in me, then I will reveal myself to you in away that you will know it's God. But, if I come to you face to face then there well be know more you.

What is amazing is that you can believe it is not!

"God's word" was also written by man, making your point absurd.

That is not reality, but merely a childish whimsical view, dictated to you through indoctrination, which included fear of authority.  It is man, not God, that you are worshipping.  All of your faith is in man--primitive, psychotic, delusional man. God does not exist.

No offense, but I assume English is not your primary language.
              Your last sentence is incoherent.

3. couturepopcafe profile image61

getitrite - I've never heard this, about the feelings, though there may be some truth to it.  I 'feel' divinity everywhere, through sight, sound, touch, thought, etc.  You just have to learn where to look and use the right eyes.

And what do you mean by the 'right eyes'??

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

Maybe hard to describe, but it's sort of seeing the positive side of everything.  Glass half full kind of thing.

So you view God as positive thinking, or something akin to that?

I guess since there is no evidence for a God of any type, people can concoct any type belief they so desire.

While I respect your view, I see it simply as conjecture.

4. profile image52

Many things are 'revealed' to all of us depending on the evolution of our mind. the mind is like a vessel. work on it to increase its capacity to contain.

that's what we all do a college and unversity, and that is how we 'discover' things unknown to the unschooled, like a foreign language, or like medicine.

Are you ready, evolved enough to experience God?

Is that just your opinion or fact?
          And I don't want to "experience" God, I want to SEE Him.
          Is anyone actually reading my post?

And when I become evolved, which god will I experience.

There are many.

1. profile image52

All that you know has been borrowed from others, even the question you are asking....so you need to borrow that 'sight' from someone else...that's a little profound here.

There is no money....that is until you make some. Perhaps it is the same with God.

the dog's ears allow it to hear frequencies we can't...so have you developped your ability to SEE so as to see God?

Yes you have two hands like anybody, but you haven't yet developped the skill of the juggler. Do you get the point?

WHAT?!!

Perhaps?  You mean you are not certain?

Which God?

Not with the logic you are using.  What is your point?

1. profile image52

Can you tell me why you say there are many gods?

You mean the god of the christians, muslims, hindus...?

Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Our school system and society teach us to keep seated, gather facts (which are always corrupt because of misinterpretation and fragmentation) and analyse and conclude.

this approach is not scientific.

You were a clean slate when you were born and then you were 'fed' with all that you know.

Become that clean slate again so as to learn in a new way.

Am I being too abstract and vague?

This is how it is with god-things....you get only hints because the discovery is yours to make.

And just why should I be gullible enough to believe that you know what you're talking about?  On what authority do you make these claims?

It sounds like mere conjecture to me.

1. profile image52

We use the tools that we have learned to use: reasoning.

Let me illustrate further. There is an African and a Brit and an Alien. The alien comes down and says "I can speak English."

The African says: "what proof do you have? you are just bragging...i don't believe you."

The Brit says " Holy.....that alien speaks English!"

Do you get the point now? The Brit knows English and is convinced right away...he doesn't have to go around to ask for proof.

If i should happen to see, say, a bright light that says "I am God", i will have to makeatour ofthe globe trying to get someone to confirm this. I don't know God and even if I see Him i will not recognise Him.

I don't know Tiger Woods. If he should come and say I am Tiger Woods I will say what proof do you have.

...please don't mind...just trying to help get a correct perspective.

If i ask i want to see love, my quest is flawed.

If i say i want to know love, my quest is good.

2. profile image52

Let me ask you a very strange question: WHO ARE YOU?

Look in the mirror: that's who you think you are....but which part of you is the essential you while the other parts are only accessories?

The heart, the eye...which part is the "I" you refer to?

The greatest mystery is standing there in the mirror.

2. HubCrafter profile image59

"And when I become evolved, which god will I experience. There are many."

Are there many gods? Really?

If there are many gods, then which one decided to make the universe? And for what purpose?

Some people believe there are many gods and we represent some of their many personalities. "God", or the many gods, for some reason, wanted to "know" Himself/ Themselves. So He fractured Himself into billions of pieces and became the universe. So, the belief holds, we are all part of God and He is us.

God cannot truly be God if He needs His creation in order to "know" Himself or to feel complete. Any God like this is either schizoid (has many fractured personalities..is unstable and unreliable), or that "god" is not truly godlike..if He only has partial knowledge of Himself.

Man is unstable, unreliable and only has partial knowledge of himself..but we don't think of Man as godlike, do we? Similar perhaps. But not just a difference in scale and size. If we size up a Man and make him super..it makes a very poor god. Sounds like the Greek and Roman gods.

Nope. Our limitations are what make us human. Any view of God which has limits..is likely just wishful thinking that God is really just like a man who's been super-sized.

And that's what religion does. It shrinks God down to human abilities and desires. That's why there is this confusion over religions..there are so many ways Man has tried to shrink God into a Man-sized picture frame.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try to put everything into one neat container. I hear ya.

2. profile image0

interesting post

5. HubCrafter profile image59

I hear you. You want to see God. Right now.

Can I understand your...impatience? I think so. But many of us christians believe you WILL see God. But not yet.

You can see and hear your favorite musicians on television. But that isn't "real". It's just an electronic recording, isn't it?

If you want to "really" see your favorite musicians..you'll have to go where they are. Perhaps they live in Quebec canada this time of year. Well, you'd have to go to Quebec to actually see them, right?

Well, as much as I would love to see Jesus Christ...I know He's not here in Phoenix Arizona right now. He's in heaven. And the only way I can get to see Him..is to leave this body behind...when I die. And then, what's left of who I am, my spirit, will go to see Him.

That's just the way it is. I don't get to see Him unless He comes here, to Phoenix Arizona..or I die..and go to where He is.

I don't believe that's just the way it is.  I believe it is just your opinion, because it is way too irrational to be true.

How can God be omnipresent, but not be in Arizona?  That makes NO sense.

And why would I have the burden of going to see Jesus, when He is already omnipresent?

Jesus was a man. Not a Jesus person myself. God is in Arizona. I've been there. He's definitely there. He is everywhere. This isn't so he can figure himself out. It's so we can figure ourselves out.

2. profile image53

God gave you free will, so your choices are your. But he tells you that these are the choices, now you choose.

3. HubCrafter profile image59

You're right. God is present everywhere. He is aware of everything that happens.
            My point, and yours I think, is about Him being visible. Unless God desires to be seen, physically visible; He is not visible to us. God is Spirit. He has no body like you or I do. The Earth is not His place. He lives, to make it more clear...in heaven. No one in heaven has a physical body.

Another way to understand heaven is to think of it as another reality or another dimension with completely different laws and properties. These descriptions aren't perfect but they do help us to picture what it's like in this other place called heaven.

Really? Then how do you expect me...or you to understand it?

Your argument has collapsed under the weight of scrunity.
              This reply sounds like someone telling a child a bedtime story.
              Ridiculous.

1. profile image53

You are a child in the eye of God. Thank you

There is no evidence to support a belief in a God, or that if there was a God, that He would see me as a child, therefore this statement is based upon abject willful ignorance.
                  Thank you.

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does God have the answer for every question? First, there would have to be a god. Secondly, your OP answers for a god, by which, you cannot honestly do, because of the former.

So please...

1. profile image53

Do you believe you have a brain? tell me how many times have you see it?Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

5. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

have you heard something cause if so, I know an awesome blue pill, the questions will stop also.

big_smile

come on nice riot you started  lol  not!

6. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even if the answer is sometimes "no...."

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Can you please feed the starving, god?"

"NO!"

1. goldenpath profile image68

Don't cry, faith will come.  I understand the contention.  Have a seat and grab a cup of cocoa!

Lovely condescension.

Could your god get a cup of cocoa for the starving, too? smile

1. goldenpath profile image68

Sure He could - but He gave you and I the power to be that miracle.  There's no need for His intercession when He gave us the power.  God would cease to be God if He sent us down here to not learn a darn thing.  He gave us the tools and the free means to progress and serve others.  The innocent starving are already assured their exalted station in the eternities, but what have we done to ensure our station when we've had the power all along to feed them. 

Looking at it from that direction one could easily ask if we exist because there are starving children.

7. dramatis personae profile image60
      dramatis personaeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I wonder why someone asks 'why did God make some religions in the first place?'  what makes you think 'God' not man made them? All cannot be right, Jesus warned us to use our reasoning powers to find out which one is correct.  He said: 'The road to destruction is wide, the road to salvation is very narrow.'  So figure it out.

8. aware profile image68
      awareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God why did haj not spell does not instead of done?

1. J.R. Smith profile image57
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

perhaps the tower of Babel also refers to type.

2. pjk_artist profile image63
    pjk_artistposted 13 years ago

Did this little piggy cry "Whee Whee Whee!" all the way home?
    Since God created the question of course he created the answer. Except one.
    What are women thinking?

1. profile image53

Great question, This is what women are thinking, How can I fine a Godly man? They can fine man that love men, men that fill they are petty than women, men that want to sleep with every woman, but, not a Godly man.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

"Honey, I'm lookin' for a really good man."

"Well, then honey, you ain't lookin' for no man."

2. Druid Dude profile image61

Adam was sitting in the garden one day, thinking about the many wonders there, when suddenly, he looks up and says: "God, why did you make women so beautiful?" God answers back "So that you would love them." Adam thought for awhile, then asked "Why, oh father, did you make them so dumb?" God answered back "So that they would love you!"

Some people remind me of an old band.... Simple Minds

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

pjk_artist - LOL! Definately had to laugh at that one.  We're thinking "where the heck is that darn serpent and does he taste like chicken?"

Seriously, I agree that God is in us.  We are in His heart and He is in ours - but only when we love.  I said this on other forums but it bears repeating.  Love is the highest measurable frequency of human energy.  It is also when we are at our most creative.  Google cannot tell you how to love someone.  It can tell you steps to take to better your outlook and perspective of another person. 

Psychologists say love is a combination of other emotions but I have disagreed in a thesis on the subject.  I believe love is not an emotion at all.  It is "something" we are born with than forget.  Remembering/learning the feeling of love comes with concerted effort. 

The euphoria connected to initial romantic attraction is not love.  We must still 'learn' to love that person, quite different than attraction.  This could be a hub so I'll stop here and let someone else get in.

As for the original question, I believe the answer is yes, all questions are answered but possibly not the way we might expect them to be answered making life so much more enjoyable when an answer comes that we were not expecting!  Learn to love, my friends.

I agree about love.  To "love your enemy" attracts wondrous results. 
      You simply have to say "I love you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you." Don't forget though the power of regret, forgiveness and gratitude.  Its better if you mean it when you say the words but even if you don't, the act of saying the words clean your energy and put you in touch with God within you

1. profile image0
        Whikatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your a believer in the ancient Hawaiian art of ho'oponopono? I enjoy that too. It is a great way to improve our energy flow.

It's kind of like our secret password isn't it? ;o)
          Funny you should ponopono me at this time...
          because I'm seeking some good cleaning methods.
          Got any you can share?

4. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

Does God have the answeres to every question? Maybe so, but at times the answer is NO

I would agree, the tens of thousands who starve to death every day praying to god for a morsel of food would confirm that. smile

1. profile image52

Wisdom of God vs wisdom of man: God loses because He acts, we only judge.

2. Druid Dude profile image61

There you go again. Don't you know any other songs? You just want to blame god for starving people so YOU don't have to take responsibility. You are terribly lame and myopic.

Yes, I'm sure believers wish they could wish away the reality that bites them from behind as they kneel and pray to an irresponsible god. What did you pray for today? Did you get your wish? Was it food? smile

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The thousands starve because of war, corrupt governments, and the world's economic systems.

Peoples kids still pray to their god and receive trips to Disneyland despite the wars, corrupt governments and world's economic systems. How does that work?  smile

2. profile image57
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why should God do any thing if man is going to sit on his but and do nothing

EXACTLY!

2. profile image0

thats tellin'  um  amigo these atheistic  pin heads on are used to pushin' around meek and mild christians they apparently don't realize some of us were steeped in worse things than they were ever aware of before the love of Jesus Christ saved our reached soul from a devils hell,but i still ain't forgot the way if i have to and then i will pray for them adios. p.s. hi head dissapear.ha ha ha

1. Cagsil profile image70

roll

Lookin' a little devilish there, Cagsil

1. Cagsil profile image70

Are you trying to be annoying? Or did your statement have a purpose besides an appearance to insult? hmm

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
              Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi 1eyedix. Ho ho ho ????

3. Beelzedad profile image59

He doesn't sit on his butt, he's too busy granting prayers for trips to Disneyland. He's so busy doing that, he has no time for anything else. smile

4. profile image52

Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.

Quran 13:11

3. profile image0

are you hungry get you some soul food, i don't mean taterz and beanz  nither,your such a cry baby bettlejuice,porfovore

say what???

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Your compassion has been expressed in spades. smile

2. zzron profile image58
      zzronposted 13 years ago

My question is, how would God not know the answer to everything? He is God.

1. profile image53

Great answer, why, then is it not that simple for everyone?

2. Petra Vlah profile image61
        Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sure He knows; now I want to see what He does to make it right for the millions who heed His help

3. profile image52

We are worried about God.

He sent prophets and books because he thinks of us.

So who should be worrying about who in the end???

3. profile image50
      qindunlapposted 13 years ago

hi artist

4. profile image53
      Jakeoposted 13 years ago

God has an answer for everyone. "Piss off, I'm busy"

5. profile image0
      wilbury4posted 13 years ago

No, he doesn't have an answer to every question (my opinion) but I am sure that every question (or most questions) can have an answer created by the manipulation of biblical words...
      What I mean is that someone can read sections of the bible and interpret them differently than the next person; so if one section can have more than one interpretation then surely somewhere in the bible, someone can interpret an answer to all or most questions.

6. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years ago

the Word says there will be scoffers of the word, I have never seen it til I came here, one day you will see He is real

And yet, the scientific method welcomes "scoffers" as you put it, in the form of demanding that all hypotheses MUST have the capacity for falsifiability. In other words, your experiments MUST attempt to have the theory fail. smile

1. profile image57

theory, is just what it says theory, when it becomes proven fact it is no longer theory

That is false. Theories always remain theories. The Scientific Method does not acknowledge the concept of "proven facts." smile

1. profile image52

You are absolutely right.

'Proven facts' only illustrate the limit of human knowledge.

Not really, the concept of "proven facts" illustrates more about the misunderstanding of knowledge. smile

1. profile image52

'misunderstanding of knowledge.'

Could you clarify?

Many who do not understand knowledge will often make claims that make no sense, like the claims of a concept being a "proven fact." smile

2. profile image52

Your posts are interesting.

It's only when one can compare that one can know true value.

What does clean mean if you haven't seen dirt? or what does good mean if you do not know about bad?

God need the scoffers because scoffers raise issues that believers cannot dare to. Scoffers make you wise.

Hats to all you scoffers out there. big_smile

They are all but relative concepts as one mans clean and good is another mans dirty and bad, seen or unseen. smile

2. profile image0
        wilbury4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

.. But isn't he a forgiving God, won't we all be forgiven?

1. profile image52

Get real.

Forgiveness does not work that way....see the suffering all around.

God forgives only those who forgive themselves (by remaining true to God)

Like if you love yourself you work to earn and then you earn love from others in return...but if you beg you earn only contempt.

7. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

A very religious man here on HP, whom I respect and admire, left a comment in one of my hubs – which, by the way, had nothing to do with religious and was actually presenting some facts about communism.
      This man said “Satan is responsible for the suffering of so many people”, to which I responded; “If that is true, than Satan must be a very busy guy, while God is taking long vacations”.
      I hope is not too offensive, but I have no other explanation for what is happening and for all the suffering and misery that affects so many lives.

1. profile image57

look at what man is doing around the world, he causes most of the suffering and man does very little to help those in need, God wants to work through people, and if man will not then He won't

Funny how the vast majority of people in the world are religious, which speaks volumes of the suffering you claim. smile

1. profile image57

the vast majority claim to be religious, that does not make it true

Be careful using the word religious.

Some people religiously go fishing every weekend.

Satans followers are religiously following him.

Tricky word  .. religion.

1. profile image0
                wilbury4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is very tricky....

Religious people always give an answer blaming "man".
                Man has been given free will so all the problems are caused by man.
                Accept God and we will be forgiven.

If everyone accepted God, what happens then?

I used to be religious but not any more, I cant accept that God would let happen, what has happened, to me/us, to others, to the world?

you made important point here...free will is a concept which is hard to be understood at times...now there are so many starving kids who cannot even think...is it their free will?...somebody said it is free will of their rulers..now why should they suffer because of that...if god is real..HE is indifferent and viewing how nature operates , indifferent is not at all shocking...

1. profile image52

What about those people who have all in abundance? Are they, even a minority, the embodiment of God's Will by the example they set for others?

What is the consequence of abundance among men?

This is not what God intends for us. He wants some other thing from us.

1. aware profile image68
                      awareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this one

2. Jerami profile image59

I used to be religious too ...   I went on a diet....
                  Lost a lot of excess baggage

Now I just focus on God and not all of mans misconceived ideas.

Had my morning coffee and one post ...  Gotta go to work now.. 

Later.

1. profile image52

I agree.

Man only complicates what is otherwise simple.

What i don't understand is how can you be certain you are doing good religiously?

I mean your mood, emotions, ideals...all definitely interfere with your judgement...so you cannot trust your judgement at all times.

For example: when you do any task, how can you verify your true intentions? Believe it or not, very often we do not know our real intent!

3. profile image52

You see only the mess, you don't see yet the city that is going to come out of the mess.

Don't give up. keep your money in for immense returns. The Architect knows where this is all going. He is in perfect control. You can't see because you are only a housekeeper.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

You claim to be religious, as well. smile

2. profile image0

good observation

3. profile image52

I got this to share:

Moses said to him, "May I follow you on [the condition] that you teach me from what you have been taught of sound judgement?"

He said, "Indeed, with me you will never be able to have patience.

And how can you have patience for what you do not encompass in knowledge?"

[Moses] said, "You will find me, if Allah wills, patient, and I will not disobey you in [any] order."

He said, "Then if you follow me, do not ask me about anything until I make to you about it mention."

So they set out, until when they had embarked on the ship, al-Khidh r tore it open. [Moses] said, "Have you torn it open to drown its people? You have certainly done a grave thing."

[Al-Khidh r] said, "Did I not say that with me you would never be able to have patience?"

[Moses] said, "Do not blame me for what I forgot and do not cover me in my matter with difficulty

So they set out, until when they met a boy, al-Khidh r killed him. [Moses] said, "Have you killed a pure soul for other than [having killed] a soul? You have certainly done a deplorable thing."

[Al-Khidh r] said, "Did I not tell you that with me you would never be able to have patience?"

[Moses] said, "If I should ask you about anything after this, then do not keep me as a companion. You have obtained from me an excuse."

So they set out, until when they came to the people of a town, they asked its people for food, but they refused to offer them hospitality. And they found therein a wall about to collapse, so al-Khidh r restored it. [Moses] said, "If you wished, you could have taken for it a payment."

[Al-Khidh r] said, "This is parting between me and you. I will inform you of the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience.

As for the ship, it belonged to poor people working at sea. So I intended to cause defect in it as there was after them a king who seized every [good] ship by force.

And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared that he would overburden them by transgression and disbelief.

So we intended that their Lord should substitute for them one better than him in purity and nearer to mercy.

And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the city, and there was beneath it a treasure for them, and their father had been righteous. So your Lord intended that they reach maturity and extract their treasure, as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience."

Chapter 18: 66 - 82 of the Qur'an....al-Khidr being representative of the Divine Will.

8. Bluehoop profile image61
      Bluehoopposted 13 years ago

Wow, lots of response on this one. Funny that in such a materialistic world, so many people are interested in the spiritual side of life. Does God have all the answers? Sure she does. God's part of you, and you've got the answers. Now to the difficult bit...choosing the right answer from all the answers that present themselves to you. That's a whole new ball game. You can accept that the answer's there, but if it's jumbled up amongst lots of 'wrong' answers, which way are you going to look? Well, you could start with asking your God...

9. CMCastro profile image72
      CMCastroposted 13 years ago

Getting answers from God is tricky because sometimes you have to fall before you can succeed. The trials and tragedies of life teach lessons. Yet, if you communicate with God, believe in His Son Jesus, and trust in Him, and ask for His Wisdom, then you will get answers. But first you have to ask for forgiveness. We all don't mean to be mean, now do we?

10. JDayo profile image57
      JDayoposted 13 years ago

Of course God has ! That's for sure.. He is a God, He knows everything; your thoughts, your dreams, desires, the number of your hair- everything. I'm pretty sure about that.

11. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years ago

I worked for a year on a farm - the people there were really lovely but most had never left their immediate village and were doing simple labour because that was what suited them.  In the long boring winter days tramping up and down fields all together we played many really funne games - For over a week I played a slightly druel game that had them baffled - I could answer every question they had about science, philosophy, and a huger range of unrelated subjects however hard. Some of the earlier questions I could answer and then as they got harder and more wild I always had the answer for sure.  It was a simple confidence trick where I would just give an instant and confident answer correct to several decimal points or whatever.  Not being able to record my answers or even remembering most of hte questions I was never wrong - even though I just made it all up.

Christians are just like this, all the good stuff is an amazing miracle of god, the bad must be satan, every prayer is answered by a yes or no that wouldn't be random chance of course but the whim of an omniscient being who troubles himself to relent and get the kids to Disney, but never shows himself in any way - except through second hand accounts apparently, hearsay.

Christians cannot be so gullible or stupid by nature surely, maybe they are all just lying through their teeth to stay in the club ?

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sounds to me like you were dealing with some really "smart" people china man! Just because that group of people didn't know the answers and you could pop one out quickly enough doesn't mean you could pull that over on anyone else! Some people are quick to believe anything! Not me! I question everything! I am not stuck in anything. I have reasoning abilities!

I don't think you should categorize all "christians" in the same boat! We are not all stupid and unaware of science! My major in college was science and believe it or not I graduated with a 4.0! You don't know me! You have no idea of my beliefs or thoughts! I'm a christian, yes! However, do I believe the earth is young... NO!!! I know, through my studies, that earth is very, very old! I have did extensive research on this subject! I don't just accept things because someone told me or it's written in a book! I research everythng because "science" is my background.

Why be so hateful??? You should be nice to people! LOL! Cheer up a bit! Not all christians are out to force you to believe anything! Not all christians push war or violence! Get over it already!

Take a deep breath and think PEACE!

1. thooghun profile image93
          thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey libby, a quick question smile

Do you believe in the principle miracles of the Christian faith? Namely, divine conception, the resurrection and the ascension of Christ? If so, how do reconcile your scientific reasoning with them? And if not, how do you reconcile your reasoning with your Christian faith?

2. profile image52

Why do you guys use the wrong tools all the time???

Trying to understand the joys of sex through logic???

trying to understand love by analysis?

Why don't you say that love does not exist? Because you have personally felt it...yeah

All those people loving God and believing in Him...do you think that it's just mere conditioning?

Measure God by belief, by love, by trust, by sincerity.

Give Him a chance.

Then post your comment.

12. aware profile image68
      awareposted 13 years ago

which god we talkin bout?

13. aware profile image68
      awareposted 13 years ago

my idea of god . doesnt even know we are here.

14. aware profile image68
      awareposted 13 years ago

irsh . my idea of god isn't wanting .nor is it a man, both of those things are shortcomings  i think.

1. profile image52

Hi aware.

I wouldn't know what post you are referring to...i cannot quite give a reply.

15. aware profile image68
      awareposted 13 years ago

no .

16. profile image57
      Innocent12345posted 13 years ago

That is a capital yes. God has answer for every question
      http://howtogetpregnantforum.com/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)