Cowboys vs Giants...Playoffs for Cowboys, will they survive?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

At a horrible 1-4 start to an NFL Football Season that was suppose to be about the Dallas Cowboys becoming the first NFL Football Team to host a Super Bowl and be part of it...

...Now is all about tonight. Win against a very good NY Giants Team in Dallas or pack it up an play for your contract at the end of the season! Hmmm, Wade...Jason...hope you are listening!!!

A Win....the Cowboys are one game back and alive in the NFC East.
    A Loss....Turn Out the Lights...the Party's Over!"

2. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I wasn't counting the boys out at all tonight. These are the times when the team with way less wins usually wins. Happens a lot in the NFC North.

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the wildest year I can ever remember in the NFC.  Every team so far has a chance to win their division or the more. There is not a dominate NFC team yet.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Giants have been playing great and I think they could be the best team, and I think they will continue to do good. But tonight I just think they are going to lose to the Boys.

I sure hope you are right about the Cowboys winning tonight. lol We have to have this game.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd be a little nervous at this point if I was a Cowboys fan.  Eli spotted them 10 points and they still look nervous.

Oh, I am Ron. That touchdown drive and TD to Nicks was sooo easy.  Until the end of the game I will be nervous about the 'Boys.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Oops!  Another turnover.  Forget what I said.

4. Mikeydoes profile image44

Yeah, well I've been watching the Bears and their unstoppable Offense of late, the Cowboys look much better than that.

Lol(the fumble) it still is early though, but Im confident Dallas might pull this one off.

5. Michael Willis profile image68

Ouch...what a hit on Romo. If Kitna is the QB for the night...congrats Giants fans. Hope Romo returns.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

landed right on that left shoulder, probably popped out or something.

Hope it is not serious. Romo has to play to win. And Defense has to really step up tonight.

6. Michael Willis profile image68

That return for a TD...is one of the reasons that Dez Bryant was drafted.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62

He can do that because he didn't wear himself out carrying the vets' shoulder pads this pre-season.

7. Mikeydoes profile image44

That kid could play.

LOL you guys are just like my dad! No faith in your team!

Every time I ask him what he thinks about the bears during the game. He tells me they are going to lose and they look terrible. I think its so that he doesn't get so worked up when they actually do.

As long as they don't lie down they shouldn't have a problem.

8. Michael Willis profile image68

As I true Dallas fan...you get to know your team!!! And the owner!
    You take away the Giants turnovers and the Bryant return and what has Dallas done? nothing on offense.
    They need to get it going in the 2nd half of NY will run over them.

9. Michael Willis profile image68

Oh my!!!  Romo...Fractured Left Clavicle!!!!!!

Remember the days of Don Meredith on Monday Night Football in the 70's??? He would sing at the end of the games and it fits now...

"Turn Out the Lights...The Party's Over!"

No way Jon Kitna leads the Cowboys to the playoffs or many wins for that matter!
      Wow, what a way for the season for the Cowboys to end!!! Guess Jerry Jones can use this for his excuses now to save his buddy Wade Phillips.
      Now we can concentrate for Draft Position next Spring.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image62

Sorry man. The season looked so promising.  It sucks to be out less than half way into the season.

I know. With Romo, Dallas had a chance, but Kitna.....lol, it is over.

Look for the NY Giants Defense to rack up their sack total in the 2nd half. Kitna is sooooo slow.

You could always root for the Redskins...

Sorry, that was cold

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO....yeah! Very cold! lolol

10. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Just curious if anyone here at HP PREFERS the Giants ???  (I'm acknowledging Cowboys to be underdogs, but I'm from Philly... Lesser of two evils ?  Jusssst saying...)

Uh, I will now root for anyone outside of the NFC East. lol Well, unless they make Super Bowl. The I am a NFC East fan.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Nice logic

11. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Survival doesn't look so great after that hit to Romo.  So much for Roy Williams on my Fantasy team.  Maybe I'll get lucky and what's his face will throw it to him.  That is, if he can stay in the pocket long enough to get the ball out.

I would hit the Trade Market as soon as possible for WIlliams and Dallas RB (if you have any). Hopefully get a trade before everyone hears the news.
      Austin should be ok, but...if you could get a #1 WR for Austin in a trade...I would go for it.

12. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

LOL, even that little kid Booed Kitna.

13. Michael Willis profile image68

You can tell as the TV camera shows the faces of the Dallas Players they know it is over!

14. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

I'm an Eli fan.  I think he's one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL.  Unassuming and a winner.

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's a whiner.  He should have gone to S.D. like he was supposed to, but instead he cried to his daddy.

True dat!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Plus he has that unassuming stance and a good smile. (Guapo diay)

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eli has already made his mark in NY as the greatest quarterback in the history of one of the NFL's oldest franchises. A QB who pulled off one of the greatest Super Bowl comebacks ever. Add to his resume that 4 times in 6 seasons this underrated QB has led his team to the playoffs. He has won 58 of his 100 starts .

Question is will anything ever be enough for those that classify him as over rated to see what a truly elite QB Eli is?

Best part is that it doesnt matter to Eli or the fans in NY what they say. We know what a great QB he is. And what is even better this football player, is that  he is a role model to the kids of today. Seems that this world could use a few more over rated guys just like Eli.

15. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I don't know. Romo is a player who could always keep you in a game and is a very good player, but perhaps the switch to Kitna could do this team some good. Maybe it forces them to run the ball a little more and make things easier on their passing game in terms of efficiency. Outside of tonight, they still have one of the top defenses in the NFL. And maybe for the reasons stated herein, this will help their offense as well. Kitna is not a bad option as a backup QB. This was a tough loss for them, but they need to get it together now. They can only afford one more loss to be sure to make the playoffs. Two more losses and it is about over. As a Vikings fan, I can relate dumbfounding and dejected feeling that Cowboys fans must have right now.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I was wishing they will win the game last night and Romo might not play anymore this season.

Whew, at least we have the Texas Rangers for the World Series this Wednesday..

17. Mikeydoes profile image44

LOL man was I wrong, but it was all because Romo got injured.

18. The Suburban Poet profile image82
    The Suburban Poetposted 13 years ago

RIP The 2011 Dallas Cowboys....

19. Michael Willis profile image68

Romo being lost was death to the team last night, but...where the He@! was the Defense???

Wade Phillips must GO!!! Fire him now and get it over with. It could only get better with a new coach.

20. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I don't know. The Cowboys have a long way to come back, but I think they are going to come on now and make a run for the playoffs. Call me crazy.

21. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 13 years ago

I'm wondering why we don't hear more about backup QB Stephen McGee. He started the final preseason game against Miami's 1st stringers. He won the game, with Dallas putting up 27 points, and he threw no interceptions.

He had a good record at A&M and it would've been better if he didn't injure his shoulder. He's young, athletic and could probably take the pounding better than the aging Kitna.

There really isn't much to lose by starting him, and, you just might find your next star QB.

Cowboy Fans......

I am with you there. McGee looked very good in preseason.  I figure if the Cowboys lose a couple of games with Kitna and he plays bad...we might see McGee, at least I hope so.

1. profile image0
        Will Bensonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what Kurt Warner does for excitement these days. Maybe he'd like to play again (for the 'boys) better than doing "Dancing With the Stars."

22. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

i don't think the cowboys will make the playoffs this year.  lack of discipline and the fact that the wade phillips makes one too many excuses for his players shows he's too busy trying to be a buddy coach rather than a disciplinarian the cowboys obviously need so they won't make stupid mistakes.  Thats why I think if dallas is smart they'll get a disciplinary coach to replace phillips.  however, i know they won't since jerry jones is an idiot and doesn't like a coach's authority to rule over his own, so more than likely jason garret, a unqualified coach as his offensive schemes aren't great, will replace phillips and the cowboys will continue to have a very undisciplined team.

23. profile image0
    Yess!posted 13 years ago

That's it Will!  The 'Boys must've thought they were doing a taping for "Dancing With the Stars" instead of playing real football!

Actually, I blame the coach!  What is he still doing there- except for the fact that he is Jerry Jones "Yes" man.  As far as a coach- Wade Phillips is just a waste of skin and needs to be replaced yesterday!

1. profile image0
      Will Bensonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A sportscaster said this weekend that Bill Parcells once kicked JJ out of the cowboys locker room because he was disrupting things. Fouls and penalties have gone up every year since Parcells left.

Is this a serious professional football team or just one of Jerry's toys?

It is Jerry Jones and all about Jones. See the Jimmy Johnson story.  Jones will only hire a coach that gives Jones the credit and does as he is told!  When a coach decides he is in control...he will be out the door...(Johnson, Parcels)

2. profile image0
        Yess!posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It absolutely is one of Jerry's toys.  The problem is that this toy is broken- and what is he going to do about it?  Will he fix it or continue to play with it until it is absolutely worthless and destroyed. 

Maybe that's the key- if he gets too tired of this broken toy and won't fix it- maybe he will sell it to someone who actually cares about the team and not their own ego!

Buy a lottery ticket guys and I'll keep my fingers crossed!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)