Staying positive using Daily Positive Affirmations

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image52
    LindaStandleyposted 13 years ago

Positive daily Affirmations are a fabulously easy way to start your journey to a more confident you. Repeatedly telling yourself over and over again – with BELIEF – that you are all those wonderful things that you desire you will start manifesting itself in your very being. 

By using daily Positive Affirmations we are technically “Brain Training” .  By telling our “Conscious mind” how wonderful, successful and happy we are, eventually it will become part of our “Sub Conscious”.  Or to be specific – “Second Nature”.  Our sub conscious mind is so filled up with all the negative thoughts that have transpired through all the pains of the past that we need to un-train our negative sub conscious.  We can do this by Self-Talk.  Self-Talk by using Positive Affirmations is a kind of Self-hypnosis.  By using positive affirmations daily we can train our sub conscious mind, in turn our conscious mind into believing we are that fabulous person and all those fabulous things we say to ourselves each day.

1. Sydnianne profile image59
      Sydnianneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is perfect!  I completely agree!  And one thing that really helps in the "brain training" is adding God's Word.  Thanks for the reminder that we can change our thought and therefore make ourselves feel much better!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Interesting post. Sorry, was busy with other things. However, I'm of a different school of thought on this one.

I prefer to be Self-interest. I have no interest in what people expect from me. My only interest is in improving myself in every aspect of my life and helping others to improve their life.

Telling yourself what you think about yourself? Sorta defeats the purpose. Your mind already knows what you think, just because you hear it from your own voice is not going to make much difference.

You can tell yourself that you are successful, but at what? Telling yourself you are successful? The believing it is the hard part, because evidence is required to back it up. Faith in oneself does not come from telling oneself good things.

Trial and error, learning and experience teach one to have faith in oneself. You learn from every action you take, what you learn tells you about yourself. If you learn little, then you need to pay closer attention. If you learn a lot, then good.

In your heart, you know when you are honest with yourself, about being honest with yourself. Your conscience will let you know. You might push the thought out of your mind, like it was non-existent, but the fact that one chooses to ignore their conscience, is directly related to dishonest people. Hence, people with no moral value.

That's my thoughts on it. smile

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The purpose of affirmations is to improve your own self-image.

I'm constantly telling myself negative things about myself...how do I change that?  With affirmations - telling myself positive things about myself. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a gimmick.
        Well, first stop judging yourself so hard. Trying to be perfect at everything you do, then you only set yourself up for a harder fall. In all your posts, you crush yourself, and no one needs to help you.

You want to fix your problem- CHANGE YOUR VIEW!

You should not need to tell yourself how good you are or even need to boost your own ego. You should already know what your limitations are and the obstacles in your path forward.

If you do not know your limitations, then you cannot self-improve. You will only run around in circles. Fix this here, and fix that here, and fix this here, and you'll never move forward. One obstacle after another will always be able to knock you down. And, you will never get ahead.

You want self-image, first build your faith in you and your ability. Know what you can do and what you cannot do, and then use what you can do, to eliminate the things you cannot do.

1. Rafini profile image82
          Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

----You want self-image, first build your faith in you and your ability. Know what you can do and what you cannot do, and then use what you can do, to eliminate the things you cannot do.----

Affirmations are the beginning of creating a positive self-image in order to follow the rest of the plan.

I crush myself in my posts?  Seriously?  I wasn't aware of it...but there is a reason.  So, you're telling me I'm giving off mixed signals?  I suppose...I can certainly understand why.

3. Shealy Healy profile image61
    Shealy Healyposted 13 years ago

I am a believe of affitmations for several reasons. The mind follows what the mouth speaks. And, the mouth follows what the mind things. So, at some time we have to take control over some part of our selves either beginning with the mouth or the mind. An affirmation really does both-when we think something negative we can stop that thought by speaking something positive and visa versa.

I try to begin each day with a quick affirmation that tells me that I can believe and be awakened to this day as a ritual toward growth. Then, I end each day by saying good bye to the day and being put to rest as I sleep. Then, anything that happens during my day is a part of my daily ritual as if I am always in a ritual that I call life.

"Today, this morning  I will awaken and breathe and believe to be free. I will breathe and believe and awaken to me.  Tonight, this evening I will sleep and breathe and believe to be free to reside in my bed and sleep to be me."

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I just prefer to avoid  those that disturb my chi hmm

5. Shopping-Online profile image64
    Shopping-Onlineposted 13 years ago

Positive daily Affirmations do work and i can guarantee it.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

My affirmation is that if I'm still sucking air, can remain vertical for more than two minutes, and speak, then I'm alive, and that's enough for today.

Today is one of those days for me. Tomorrow looks similar.

1. Aya Katz profile image83
        Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Think about the humans and chimpanzees all around the world who are listening to your music, and cheer up!

2. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 13 years ago

When I find that I'm not able to control my thoughts, or the way things are going around me...both of which tend to bring on negative thougthts, I simply remember the most important part of the "Serenity Prayer!"

Accept the things I cannot change!

It helps me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)