A forum for all writers taking the NaNoWriMo challenge this November.

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (72 posts)
  1. lmmartin profile image68
    lmmartinposted 13 years ago

I'm starting this as a sharing place for all the writers from Hubpages who are doing the National Novel Writing Month -- 50,000 words in 30 days. For anyone who has any question, see the hub:
    National Novel Writing Month is here! Who's up for the challenge?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/National-Writin … challenge.

So far there's a half dozen of us hardy souls ready to do 50,000 words in 30 days.

1. LindaJM profile image80
      LindaJMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, your name is almost the same as mine! (Linda Jo Martin). I've 'won' at NaNoWriMo nine years in a row and am taking a break this year. I wish you all a lot of luck with your writing and hope to see a lot of new winners.

2. UlrikeGrace profile image69
      UlrikeGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for starting this Lynda...I'm sure it will be helpful if and possible more like it when we get stuck!

3. Its Angel profile image61
      Its Angelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, This is my second year, my novel and outline just hit me today so I am already a day behind. but I didn write my 1, 697 today and the day is still young..

4. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Y'know, I wasn't going to do NaNo, but you're really tempting me....

No, I have too many other projects on the list to start a NaNo month. Maybe next year.

Or maybe I'll do Script Frenzy in June....

5. sammyfiction profile image61
      sammyfictionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would love to be up to this challenge! But I think I got into it a tad bit late, being a third of the way through November and all! smile Good luck on your November Novel Quest!! SF

2. equinelover909 profile image61
    equinelover909posted 13 years ago

I'm really quite excited for this! I've had an idea for my next novel in my head for some time now, ("some time" meaning 5 years) so it's going to be great to get it out on paper. But I must ask the more experienced people here, being 14 years old, am I even allowed to officially participate in NaNoWriMo?

lmmartinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To equinelover -- Yes, I think you can join. But maybe you should go on the site and check it out. I vaguely remember seeing something that said 13 as the limit, but don't quote me on that. I didn't realize you were only 14. I've read one or two of your hubs and I would never have guessed. You have a mature voice for one so young. (That's a compliment by the way.) Lynda

1. equinelover909 profile image61
        equinelover909posted 13 years agoin reply to this

To lmmartin- Well, I looked on the site and I can join. You were right, 13 is the limit. Thank you very much for the compliment; that means a lot to me!

2. RedSturtz profile image68
      RedSturtzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...and the fact you've mentioned on the forums that you're 14 means you'll likely have your account closed, I'm afraid.

You agreed that you were 18+ when you signed the hubpages ToS.

3. Jackson Riddle profile image48
    Jackson Riddleposted 13 years ago

So it's this time of year again?

4. lmmartin profile image68

Here's the first of what I assume will be many posts from NaNo:

Dear NaNo-novelist,

First of all, high-five for signing up to write a novel during NaNoWriMo. That was a wise choice, my friend. The world needs your novel, and now is the very best time to write it. We’re gonna have a great time doing it, too!

To prepare you for the awesomeness ahead, here is a guide to the month:

Today: Set your home region.

Tomorrow: Set your time zone. This will alleviate massive end-of-event panic (and, potentially, unnecessary computer smashing) when it comes time to validate your novel.

October 31: Kiss the dog, unplug your cable box, and email your family and friends to let them know that you’re about to enter the zone. The NaNoWriMo zone.

November 1: Watch the first video pep talk on NaNoWriMo.org, and then write your first 1,667 words. You can also update your word count in the box in the top right-hand corner of the website (or, of course, in your Author Profile).

November 3: Discover that what you’re writing so far wasn’t necessarily what you were planning to write. Realize that is okay—great, even—and keep writing in anticipation of what will come next.

November 4: Receive the first guest pep talk from Mercedes Lackey.

November 5: Go into the first weekend of November having written 8,335 words. If you’re not there yet, don’t worry! That’s what weekends are for. Aim for 11,669 words by Sunday night and you’ll be golden.

November 8: Get ready for one super-inspirational week! You’ll be receiving three pep talks: one from me and two from guest pep talk authors. The pep talks will continue at this pace throughout the month, and will include words of wisdom from more of your favorite published authors. (If you miss a pep talk email, don’t worry! They’ll be posted on the Pep Talks page throughout the month.)

November 11: Admit that you’ve grown attached to your characters and miss them when you’re not writing.

November 13: Stop what you’re doing and back up your novel on a flash drive, email it to yourself, burn it onto a CD, or do all three!

November 16: Take a moment to celebrate your accomplishments over the first half of NaNoWriMo, and give yourself a big treat before diving back in to writing the second half of your November novel. (Suggested rewards: Eating a cake, napping for 30 minutes, finally taking that shower, or washing your writing uniform!)

November 17: Stay tuned for an all-day public-radio-style donations drive for NaNo and the Young Writer’s Program. If we hit our fundraising goals, we have a slew of irresistible offers including, but not limited to, humiliating ourselves on video.

November 19: In addition to International Men’s Day, today is also Municipal Liaison (ML) Appreciation Day. (MLs are our volunteer chapter heads.) Be sure to thank your local ML and shower them when possible with coffee, candies, and breakfast cereals.

November 21:  Fly (or take an armchair field trip with your mind) to San Francisco for the fourth annual Night of Writing Dangerously, and join 249 of your fellow Wrimos in writing the fastest and most dangerous fiction this side of the San Andreas Fault.

November 25: Winning begins! Once you hit that 50,000-word mark, upload your novel and get whisked to the winner’s page for congratulations, downloadable treats, and your extra-spiffy 2010 Winner Certificate.

November 26:  If you’re in the US, fix yourself a post-Thanksgiving turkey-cranberry-stuffing sandwich. It’s a little-known fact that this is prime novel-finishing writer fuel. If you’ve already won, no matter where you are, wear your Winner Shirt proudly to show the world, “Hey, I’m a Winner!”

November 29: If you are still writing, know that I am too. I have never finished a NaNo-novel before 6 PM on November 30. We can do this! Write, write, write!

November 30: At midnight wherever you are, NaNoWriMo will come to an end. You’ll have written the rough draft of a novel and earned the title of author. Make a note to yourself to RSVP to your local “Thank God It’s Over Party” (TGIO) after you wake up from your long and much-deserved slumber. As you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep, smile at the knowledge that you did it. You did it!

December 1: RSVP to your local TGIO party and contemplate more sleep. No doubt, you need it. When you awake, the “I Wrote a Novel, Now What?” and “Winner’s Goodies” pages will be live, and you’ll be well-rested enough to think (maybe just a little bit) about what you want to do with your November novel.

December 2: Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life as a writer.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how the next 30-plus days will go.

In these final hours of pre-noveling prep, hug your loved ones, stock the pantry, and stretch those fingers.

We’re about to write!

Lindsey

NaNoWriMo

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

It is Oct 31st and I don't have a clue what I am going to write about tomorrow.

1. UlrikeGrace profile image69

Neither did I ...well maybe a clue but that is all, I obsessed about it for the last 3-4 days before writing...now we are off and runnin...

6. Scribenet profile image61
    Scribenetposted 13 years ago

Immartin has a wonderful series of Hubs on writing and plots etc. I have spent several days absorbing her advice...especially appreciated was how to create a plot...but PLEASE, you have to go to her Hubs because my explaining will fall waaaay short!

I have an idea about what I will write about, since I have to write "something", but I certainly hope it changes by tomorrow or hopefully my imagination makes it a little juicier than the"yawn" boring subject matter I have in my head at the moment.

Right now, I foolishly am optimistic I will be able to write a novel! Thanks Immartin for fostering such a silly idea...it just may be the prod I have needed to get this off my "Bucket List" and who knows...

7. lmmartin profile image68

Here's my project -- novel number three in a series.

I did come up with a title, Finding Emily – and a cover. I always start out with a cover; makes the book seem real and motivates my writing. Here’s what I plan to get out in a 50,000 word skeletal form in the next 30 days.

The inspiration for this tale came to me following a news clip on the CNN streamer that never  made it as a news story and I often wonder why. It related to a crackdown on "child prostitutes" though a better, more appropriate term is child sex slaves. 52 children were recovered from a life of hell, and sixty pimps and several hundred other people were arrested -- yet it didn't make it to the TV screen. I wrote an article about this phenomenon, here on hubpages.

I researched and dug around and got as much information on this crackdown as I could, and thought, what if law enforcement decided to cooperate yet again and this time concentrated on I95, running along the east coast of the U.S. (For those that don't know these parts.)

Then I went further yet:  Bria, now in her fifties is a renowned child protection professional, and she lives in Florida for the winters (who wouldn't) and finds herself involved with one of the recovered children.

Then I took the idea further and came up with this idea: A friend of hers from Alberta has brought her three children to Orlando for a vacation (Disneyworld and Universal and all those places.) They've come down in a group of families and each has rented a house. Well, through a series of unfortunate events, the 12 year old daughter disappears. Bria involves herself for her friend's sake, but in spite of law enforcement's best efforts, and though Bria and Mom work hard to try and keep the story alive, two years go by with no word. Then this "Operation I95" takes place and the girl is recovered.

What state would a girl be in after two years of forced sex slavery? Can you imagine?

Will Bria's skills be adequate to the task? Will she get justice for her client?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4035030.jpg

8. Scribenet profile image61

Lynda, that is a gripping story plot.

I just knew this was going to be a great learning experience!

I am grateful to be writing buddies with you, Lynda, for Nanowrimo...now I have a better idea of what to write...something that I find compelling.

I have begun writing, but I think it was more a "warm-up" and seeing your idea has made me look at my start. Before I go any further I need to retrench and begin with something that grabs my attention! Guess there will be a few more false starts.

The Nanowrimo site is having connection problems at the moment, I suppose with a flood of writers trying to access the site!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It always gets so slow...

2. lmmartin profile image68

No retrenching necessary. No second guessing, just write forward and make of things what you can. That's the beauty. Let it go and see where your creativity takes you without the miserable critic in your head telling you it's crap. How liberating.

1. Scribenet profile image61
        Scribenetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seeing  as this is my first attempt, I suppose just getting 50,000 words in a story format is probably as good as it gets and hey if I actually like it enough ...2nd and 3rd drafts when all is said and done Nov 30th!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I'm doing a fictionalized story of my life. So far I'm calling it This is Where You Get the Ferry to Ireland.

1. Scribenet profile image61
      Scribenetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like your title!

2. lmmartin profile image68

Love the title and the idea of an autobiographical work of fiction. What's real and what's not -- only the writer knows for sure.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Okay, first 1686 under my belt smile

Way to go!

11. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I'm just writing what comes to my mind, I'll edit it later if I think it's worth it smile

That's right. Just let the mind go and see what you end up with.

12. lmmartin profile image68

Chapters 1,2 and 3 done. 5,035 words -- but then I did nothing else today. Hey, I've had this story in my mind for a while. All I do is let it come out of my fingertips. I have only the vaguest idea of where I'm going. Find out when I get there. Glad to have you all along for the trip.

13. lmmartin profile image68

Apparently the NaNo site is having its usual starting day difficulties and has been virtually unreachable. They say it gets better after the opening rush... Anyway, we don't need their site to write. Just think how big a jump those word counts will make when we finally get on.

14. createyourworld profile image55
    createyourworldposted 13 years ago

I would totally do it, but I have work ;~; and I'm already writing my book on the side obsessively ^^; Maybe next time for sure tongue

15. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Day 2 is down and I'm have 1350 words.

You are doing well lmmartin smile

Thanks, but I had the first part of the book already in my head -- now comes the hard part. And my characters are mostly from the previous two books. Give me and advantage.

As does the fact I'm self-employed and cleared my desk for a month.

You'll get rolling soon, I'm sure. Lynda

16. UlrikeGrace profile image69
    UlrikeGraceposted 13 years ago

Yeah...day two under my belt and I think, I hope I have something rolling...4840 words...still no title and or outline...but that I am hoping will magically apprear as I go along...smile...this is proving to be very fun...I am loving it!Question: how do we find writing buddies? I have two, for which I am very, but how do I find more...any of you need or would like to be a buddy?

I don't know. I just asked anyone who said they were doing it, here, facebook and twitter. But I only have a couple myself. Oh well, we can buddy here. Supposedly there's a NaNo forum on the site where you can meet others, but the darn thing is so slow, I'm fed up with it by the time I've finally got on my own page and updated. Good luck tomorrow.

17. lmmartin profile image68

I'm at 9,000 words. Had a great day, and the plot is taking shape as I write -- strange for me. I usually know exactly where I'm going. Not this time. But at least I can see what comes next. I wonder how it's all going to turn out. Glad to see so many here, helping each other.

Have a good day tomorrow, all. Lots of words. Lynda

Wow Lynda you are doing really well. I see you posted chapter six on fb (I think that is where I saw it) I will have to go have a look. I haven't posted any of the chapters yet...call me chicken! Yup that is what I am!!! Love you...you go girl!!

Now if only I could spell...tongue

18. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

I've been so busy at work and when I've got home been quite tired.  But, after day three have got 3021 words, which puts me just over a day behind but I reckon I can make it up over the weekend.  I've planned quite thoroughly and if I can get the time to sit in front of the laptop my writing should just flow.  My story is called Defective.  Like Lynda, I like to have a title and cover before i start writing.  It's basically about a young girl who gets involved with an older married man who won't leave his wife for her.  I don't want to say what happens next as that will be a spoiler, just know that there is a murder.  I used an older murder story which made history when I was still in high school as my basic plot idea.  The details, psychology behind everything and other sub-plots I've made up.  I like to write reality fiction, and my work is usually loosely based on incidents that did happen.  Please add me as a buddy on NaNoWriMo, same as here, cindyvine.

19. UlrikeGrace profile image69

Well...whew, I am at 6,904 words, and is going much better than I thought it would! It has been so much fun getting to know the characters and seeing their reations to each other. And what a mystery, I may have a double mystery on my hands...hope I can keep up and keep all the threads straight. But I'll see where it leads. It's like watching a movie, I love it. But instead of tiring me out it seems to activate energy in me. Anyone else find this? That may not be my story come end of week two but it is right now and I'm grabbing it. Blessings to you all.

20. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I've now written over 5,000. I'm staying on course so far smile

If anyone wants to add me as a buddy there I am Sukee.

I'm going to try but I have to find where I can even find you when I don't have a "url" address...

21. Uninvited Writer profile image80

If you run a search on author name it brings you to the page.

But since it's so slow my page is at
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/31435

22. lmmartin profile image68

From the Nano site:

You Wrimos are pretty stellar, you know? At the end of day two, there are 172, 000 writers signed up for NaNoWriMo, and we've collectively written nearly 200 million words! Over at the Young Writers Program, the 27,000 kids and teens that are participating have written over 10 million words!

Now ain't that nice? We are in the company of 172,000 writers and 27,000 kids. Makes you feel kind of ... one of the crowd! Yay, I always did want to fit in.

23. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image88
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 13 years ago

Hey guys, I'm doing the challenge for the first time. My username is mizzerychic. Hope to see you guys there! I've written a little over 6,000 so far. I started a day late, too.

24. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Glad to know that those fingers are busy flying across the keys.

I'm way behind.  I, unfortunately, work 12 hrs shifs (midnights from 7 pm to 7:30 a.m.) and have had extra days added to my schedule this week.  Boo hoo for me. I am hoping to catch up on the w/e when I am off. 

Happy writing to all.

Good luck to you Denise. I'm sure you will. Keep in touch. Lynda

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
        Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

25. UlrikeGrace profile image69

Yeah! I am at 8,962...I know this is not suppose to be this much fun, but I can't help it...I am having a great time!!! Thank you Lynda for the extra push to do this, I would have missed out on all this...my writing seems to have needed just this to kick it up a notch! Blesings to you all..Ulrike Grace

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm cheering you all on from the sidelines.  Congratulations for such a sterling beginning.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86

Great going.  Keep up the fast fingers!  LOL

26. rachellrobinson profile image84
    rachellrobinsonposted 13 years ago

I started a day late on the second and have been playing catch up, what I did was go through my list of ideas until I hit upon the one I knew I would do. I've posted my synopsis and an excerpt to the bottom of my profile page here, and my link, of course my name is the same on there as it is here. This is really exciting. Thanks for starting this thread and for the hub that caught my eye in the first place.

27. lmmartin profile image68

Up to 14,780 words and getting a handle on the details of the plot now. Don't want to stop. Good writing to everyone tomorrow. Lynda

Good for you Lynda.  Congrats on the tremendous number of words to date and of such good quality. 
      Good luck for your next days writing too.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86

WooHoo to you Lynda. Congrats to you.

28. John Paterna profile image60
    John Paternaposted 13 years ago

I did it two years ago and its a great experience for a writer; but you have to write, don't edit, have at least a semblance of a story.  I found out two years ago that the story developed in the process of writing.  My advice: Edit only when absolutely necessary!

29. Maria Cecilia profile image83
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

wow too many good writers here, hope I can be like you, I really have a long way to go, but you all inspire me guys

30. lmmartin profile image68

Reached 20,000 plus today. Loving it. I've thought about this story for so long, it's almost a relief putting it together Still hazy on the details, but it's coming together. Hope you're all doing as well. Waiting to hear from you.  Lynda

Fantastic Lynda.  You're doing incredibly well!  Good luck tomorrow.

31. Uninvited Writer profile image80

One of my writing buddies has already passed 50,000. He is...or at least he was last year...a hubber.

Wow! He must have quick fingers, to say the least. And nothing else demanding his attention.

Life these days: get up - write -- throw in a load of laundry -- write -- put laundry in dryer -- write -- take dogs out -- write -- answer phone -- write -- eat lunch -- write -- vacuum floors -- write -- go to store -- write -- start supper -- write -- husband home, talk, eat -- write -- put dogs out -- write... Well you get the drift.

32. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I find myself coming back to my novel about 5 times a day...well on the weekend. Getting to 1600 or 2000 words a day is getting easier. This is good for me because my articles always are short, I need to learn to write more smile

33. lmmartin profile image68

Today I find myself at 35,000 words and with a story line that has meandered far from my original plot. My characters have taken over and won't behave themselves, running off and doing things I hadn't planned for them. I caught one of them Twittering today, and another ran up some bills on my credit card. Seriously, they are completely out of control.

Sounds like they are having fun and you too!  Congrats on the word count.  You're nearly there and November is not half way through!

34. lmmartin profile image68

Today homing in on 48,000 words and my novel is at the halfway point. The last couple of days, life has interfered (how dare it!) and I haven't been able to spend much time as I would like at the computer. Which is good. Gives me time to think. Even if it has been because I simply had to clean the house. It was becoming a health hazard.

Hope everyone of you is doing well. Best wishes, Lynda

35. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I have given up yet again. I think it's because fiction is not something I particularly like writing. I keep thinking of all the non-fiction writing I could be doing.

I don't feel bad about giving up though, I did reach almost 20,000 which is the best I've ever done.

I don't think I'll be trying again.

Good luck to those still in the running.

36. lmmartin profile image68

Well, I made it. I'm at 58,000 words and still going. This has been just the best motivator to get the draft novel out. I'm thrilled to have devoted this month to doing so. I can't remember a time more productive than this. Hope everyone else is doing well. Lynda

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations smile

37. Scribenet profile image61

I don't think I will finish anywhere close to 50,000 words,(only about 12,000 words written) and my story plot has taken many interesting turns as it develops,(on the screen and in my head) but I can't say this is a loss.

I have learned something about "how" a novel can develop and my characters, which started out as one dimensional, standard, boring people suddenly have become quite the characters...even I want to know what they are going to do next! I have enjoyed creating these characters. An interesting plot line is shaping up, so instead of rushing for a deadline, I am going to let the plot thicken naturally! I will do 50,000 words...that is the goal, but not in time for the deadline! Later, I will go back and see if there really is a decent story in there!

If it wasn't for Nanowrimo and Lynda, I would never have even made the attempt!

38. lmmartin profile image68

Today I posted 71,434 words of Finding Emily into the NaNoWriMo word verificator and was declared a winner. See the certificate posted here. Never the mind the novel is only slightly over half-done, that I got this far in only 25 days is wonderful.

I hope the rest of you are coming along and look forward to seeing your certificates here. Good luck everyone, and noses to the grindstone. Lynda
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4163903_f248.jpg

Woohoo!  Well done indeed Lynda.  Thats a very fine achievement.  Congratulations. 

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the tempter you posted.

39. Scribenet profile image61

Wow Lynda, what an accomplishment! congratulations!

40. JaneSmith28 profile image61
    JaneSmith28posted 5 years ago

I like to travel very much. My last trip was to Kenia. No doubt, it changed my mind about life. I share my impression on my blog. Look for My Life-Changing Trip to Kenya.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)