Being peaceful does not prevent someone expressing a critical opinion

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

And of course it cannot be deemed an attack on anybody.
    What could be more peaceful? Please

1. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the way that it must be done. I am just sharing the truth of who you are to the core of your being. The truth is marching on whether you can accept this or not. One person at a time will this overtake humanity. It is not about me but about you and the rest of humanity. My message is clear and anyone can read them and try to disprove this. It will stand by itself forevermore. This is it. It is finish. This is the most peaceful way. What you are seeing are people reactions to the truth of who humanity is to the core of their being. All is well. Thank you. Go in peace.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anybody with some other idea

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, paarsurrey, being a peaceful person does not disqualify anyone from giving a constructive criticism if it's given in the right spirit. 

Sorry, Ambassador, I'm not following your train of thought.

Sorry, guys, I think I came in on this thread after the fact.  Something else is going on with you all.  paarsurrey may have an issue with the subtleties? of  English.  Most of his directness is probably due more to the lack of nuance in the language than as a direct affront to any one or any topic.

2. libby101a profile image60
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paarsurrey wrote:

And of course it cannot be deemed an attack on anybody.
      What could be more peaceful? Please

replymore →

I agree with your statement Paarsurrey! However, I do have a problem with the way you express your critical opinion. It is not peaceful! It comes across as attacking to christians or other religions that you so fanatically put down! When you make a thread stating "Jesus did not die on the cross" or "Jesus was just a prophet", those statements are revolting and nothing short of stirring up strife!

I do not agree with all religions but I am tolerant of them! I would not force comments on you... until you put down Jesus! Then you have made it personal to christians! When you make a new thread saying Jesus did not die on the cross you are deliberately provoking christians! And that, my friend, is very wrong of you!

So... with all that being said... you are personally attacking Christians with your comments because Jesus is our personal Savior!

Why can't you be "peaceful" and discuss issues as they arise... instead of starting anti-christian threads???

An example of you personally attacking someone's beliefs:

I made a comment on a thread that asked about how we felt about how to get to heaven... or something... I don't remember exactly... my response was that I felt like to be saved you had to believe in your heart, confess with your mouth, and believe Jesus is the son of God! You commented on my comment saying jesus is not the son of God and he did not die on the cross and the Qu'ran is the truth.... and I needed to edit my comment! That is personally attacking me! So I seriously beg to differ that you are not attacking people with your threads and comments!  The problem I have with your comment is justified... I was not speaking to you! Everyone was asked their opinion and I answered! You had no right to tell me my beliefs were wrong! It is your right to believe anything you wish... but do not challenge mine! That is wrong!

Now stop pretending to be all innocent and peaceful or change your ways and live it!

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think a big factor is how opinions are given as undisputable facts - "The Truth"

3. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

what could be more peacefull?

SILENCE!

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absotulely!

2. profile image50

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

paar you never post a peacefill view about Jesus you only attack Jesus and Christians ( who have been around longer than Islam) with insane notions, of history by the word of paar, you are such a zelot you can only attack Jesus, you are never peacefill you only attack  Jesus or anybody that disagree's with you,with the word of paar which according to the word of paar is reasonable and true, I like 99% of the world do not belive the Gospel's according to the word of paar. Get a life  your INSANE LIES or the WORLD ACORDING TO PAAR are only ever directed against Jusus.!!!
      paar if you cannot say something NICE about a person, say nothing. Notice I did not say shut your foul lieing uniformed,arguemenitive, non peacefull   zelots mouth, did I paar opps......................

3. profile image50

You can express your opinion freely; it does not disturb my peace ; as being peaceful does not prevent someone expressing a critical opinion

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

then I ask you again please stop your attacks on Jesus, if you want to attack somebody Attack Allah, but leave your HATERED of Jesus out of any so called debate. paar your hatred of Jesus shows ok so stop attacking Jesus.

4. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

guess this post is in paar's too hard basket think paar will start another post. Sure beats answering 'HARD' questions???

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)