Where did God originate?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (33 posts)
  1. ilovehoroscopes profile image60
    ilovehoroscopesposted 13 years ago

I personally believe in God. Some people use Higher Being. Some use Allah, etc. If God is the most powerful being then where did he originate? Help me understand. Thanks!

1. wildorangeflower profile image60
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the bible -- He is the beginning and ending, He originated unto himself.

in some areas of knowledge, the concept of GOD originated because of the need to find some answers to questions which we can't understand, so they attributed this to a Supreme being. -- infinite one.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From the need of guidance, brought forth by the imagination of the individual. lol

3. kawsar ahmad profile image61
      kawsar ahmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God/ Allah is the supreme eternal being. One had to be there to create in the first place so there had to be an eternal one and that is Allah/God the eternal supreme. Thanks for wanting to understand. Iv written a hub on this so you could check that out?

4. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know there are some ancient Sumerian texts that address this very issue.  You should look into them.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Base on my imagination, where God, the most powerful being, originated.

It originated from the smartest man who live in the cave with his Tribe.
        At the time the tribe feared from all the earthquakes, floods and attacks by animals.

He looked beyond the Stars and Universe and gave answers and explains things through his own imagination.

Since then, love is God and God is everyone,

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ummmm, ok.  Sounds good.  I cannot dispute your line of thinking.

5. Sekharg profile image59
      Sekhargposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no beginning or ending to God. God is timeless being and ever present.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We needs no stinking science or no stinking brain to back things up.  Que pasa?

God is Universal truth and Knowledge, and tells us every word is truth, as he gave us everything and only wants us to worship him. The only instructional book for our soul to enter heaven

It’s hard enough worshiping my woman

6. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why are people concentrating just one god here? There have been thousands of god's in man's short time on earth. Most all religions are very similar in nature and this is understandable. Considering the limited communication between different tribes anyone starting their own comic book would naturally steals some good miricles like...walking on water, multiple saviors. Virgin birth, multiple saviors, healing the sick, resurrecting the dead, death by torture, three days rest, his own personal resurrection and following asent into heaven to sit beside his father and rule the universe, all mulitple saviors of which many were alive during the supposed time Jesus was. Very little new in christianity, just a mish mash of alot of pagan religions.

7. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

we kow he did not originate in Italy (Rome)
      they could not find 3 wise men and a virgin!      lol

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

You know this question has been asked over a hundred times on hubpages, in a hundred different ways.  If you are truly seeking this answer, you should do a little research and read the former threads and discussions.  Just do a search in the religious forums.

Hope this helps.

3. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/kittycat3747/whocreatedgod.gif

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I believe that god originated in the heads of a bunch of controlling psychotic old goat herders who set about terrifying the masses with the sort of stuff the OT is full of. smile

5. Jaggedfrost profile image61
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

The only thing that has you people hung up is your understanding or lack of concept of eternity or his purpose in existing.  They say, in looking in the night sky that there isn't only one bright light there.  Each is separate and has its own realm but they are kindred of a kind.  They each have the same function and they don't over reach each other.  The Ending of their realm is the beginning of another not much different from the one that preceded it.   It doesn't take much to be more powerful then any man on earth.  Father in Heaven only has to command some one or something to disorganize and the basic building blocks of both individual or aspect of nature will evaporate like so much fog burning up under the heat of the sun.

6. Jaggedfrost profile image61
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

The simple answer, would be that he was organized and taught how to become as he is by his Father.  You don't have a better explanation for all of your mumbo jumbo and you can't point to any one contaminated verse of scripture that doesn't have somewhere else that contradicts that view point but I have no problems watching you get angry at this point of view or frankly ignore it because it is easier to do so then to logically refute it.  Such is life.

7. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Human civilization made god(s). Every civilization since time began believed in a superior being that made everything. This belief survives today with most people. Christianity, Islam, and Jeduism believe in the same god which is a combination of the many gods worshiped by the ancient Egyptians. From the beliefs of the ancient Egyptians, spawned Judism. Then from Judism sprang Christanity which incorporated a few Roman pagan items like arch angels, who were former Roman gods. Islam is a pure form of Judism with a few Christanity beliefs thrown in. God directed arch angel Gabriel (who was formally known as Mercury in the Roman days) delivered the Koran to Mohammad. So who made god? We did.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the early gods worshipped were objects like the sun?

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep! At least they could see it and see it "move" smile

8. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

from thought..

9. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Apparently god made himself, he then became his own son then murdered himself!
    I do wonder...... Is this where Monty Python got it's scripts? smile

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well but that is not first god in the world...god was made hundreds of time before that and atleast 10 times after that too smile

Plenty of gods to go round. smile

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

but thats being human right?...humans like variety....one can choose from what he/she likes...

Yep! Even if that means believing old myths and fairytales control a life. smile

Fairytales and myths should not be presented as "truth" to any discerning audience.
            It will get challenged even by believers in other myths, let alone those who can separate fact from fantasy!

2. inversicolor profile image59
      inversicolorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is a nice paradox for you.
      If there is no free will, then the outcome of a substance entering the body if easily definable. Eat sugar, insulin goes up, subject gets energy for about 30 minutes, etc.
      If the Subject believes that the sugar, in the form of a pill, will cure their disease, the rate of spontaneous recovery goes up.
      As a creature defined by chemical processes, this relationship between mind and body makes no sense.

It makes sense to me. smile The mind processes body needs as well as reactions to the chemicals placed in it and can do amazing things to it's body. I know why I heal quick. I believe I do and my body is capable of it. If I knew how to do so, I could separate the cells in my tongue and cheeks and push a spear through it too.
        (Something I have seen first hand)
        The power of the subconscious to effect our bodies is a science.....  as is keeping away from all the ballyhoo surrounding these apparent phenomena.

We may know little about the total processes, but empirical evidence points to "mind over matter" being a matter of access to what we already have in our own brains. It is estimated that we have less than 10% capacity to follow or know the entire subconscious or it's intent.

I tell my children and grandchildren to "follow their heart" as I did and do what they love. Fast road to the subconscious. smile

10. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

The Father was once mortal as all of us.  He has already made the journey in the flesh.  He has conquered temptation and has become worthy of exaltation and eternal life which is the perpetuation of the lives.  Thus as the unending line of gods have done He has organized the same plan for us.  Each of us, if worthy, may be afforded the same privilege.

If worthy. Interesting way of seeing it. I guess your god decides who is "worthy?" smile
      What if your god is a bronze aged myth? Do people still need to be worthy? smile

11. Jewels profile image80
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

My goodness gracious, there is so much tripe spewing forth.  Unbelievable!  Geeeeeeeeezus God, please save me from your followers.

Just sharing smile

Hi Jewels! smile Getting late here, I may leave them to it. smile

12. inversicolor profile image59
    inversicolorposted 13 years ago

I'll have a go at this smile
    I love riddles and paradoxes.
    My answer -
    God has no beginning.
    If it helps, think about the Big Bang as a sort of metaphor. If Time only existed after the Big Bang, how could any event be separated from any other event (the definition most have of time is that it is the separating factor between events) So ... how could there have been a Big Bang that was not always a Big Bang.(A bang implies a change in state, and that change in state requires time)
    (Time may have pre-existed the Bang, it depends on what one of the  many theories you subscribe to. They are rather hard to test.)
    Time, Eternity, and such are difficult concepts.
    Good Eastern Religion mind-blowers are "The Tao" ,Brahman, and Indra's Net.
    A great little book to read about how the 4th dimension would look to a 3d creature like ourselves is Flatland. Written in the 18thC it actually calls for better education for women. That makes me happy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)