HELP........Is this legit? Or is it stolen hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

I have had hub work stolen, so since my traffic on canned biscuit appetizers is way down, I checked it out. It is on this site, and I never heard of it. (I have been a hubber for four months.)

Someone let me know!See below:

http://besthubpages.com/index.php

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

The site itself has a low ranking, little traffic, little monetary value. It seems to have been established in 2008.

http://hubpages.com/search/include:foru … bpages.com

3. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

These links all come back to the original on HubPages, but someone has helped themselves to your traffic by inserting their own URL tracker in every address. It's like a referral link, so they get credit for people who click to read your work.

I saw a pages full of stuff that were posted all on the same day - Nov 3rd

I am not sure what you can do about a site like this - maybe some more internet-savvy folk, like Cagsil or sunforged might have some idea what you can do. You can also check with HubPages staff to see if there is some remedy, or what they might have to say.

4. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Hmmm The search functions don't even work on the site. Why would that be? Fine - it's a questionable site but shouldn't it at least be fully functional if it's ripping HP authors off?

lol

bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly,mythbuster. I'm ticked to be ripped off, but if it was legit, I didn't want to act like a greenhorn. So, I report this, or is it known to staff?

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

its not ripping anyone off

it would have to outrank a hub in order to even begin to be considered "stealing" traffic

its a non-issue

its also a backlink

and the canned biscuit hub comes up real high in serps in the us - any lack of traffic is from lack of searchers for title term, not some benign site that is giving you a backlink

okay,I know you know a lot about this.Thanks!    (But they have literally thousands of our hubs. I thought it could be a front page.)

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

It doesn't matter if the site gets high traffic or low traffic, the content is ripped so it should be reported.

I'll do that.

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

show an example of ripped content?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the site is is ads, plus pictures and text excerpted from HubPages.  Ergo, their content is hubpages content.  But if it is reported and HP says they are cool with it, fine.  Why  *not* bring it to their attention and ask?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please check my link above. Given the publicity to this issue over a period of time, I'd imagine HubPages is well aware of the site and have decided they can live with that.

that is what i decided.I 'm signing off this thread . bye, and thanks!

7. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Thanks sunforged.

I don't know much about this SEO and search engine ranking and all that stuff... seriously ticked tho' that the said site's search engine function doesn't work...

8. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

But what about this hubber's comments on this thread OVER a year ago?
    Read what thranax says

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24060#post429989

9. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Your reading out of context - that thread was about Docstoc
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24137

bestofhubs is a nonissue - its someone who has made an index site of hubs and hopes to get something out of referring traffic

its a plus not a minus

1. RedElf profile image90
      RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, sunforged.

bayoulady, sunforged is giving you the straight goods on this. This site is not ripping or stealing content. They have merely made a list of other peoples work with links back to the original works. They are just trying to get something with the referral tracker they have inserted into the link.

When you insert URL tracker in a link to somewhere else or someone else's work, you hope to make a little bit off the referral - kind of a guide fee, or finder's fee. The referral tracker is what we insert in a link to any site where we refer traffic - like a "Follow Me on Facebook" link, where the words are a live link to that author's content on Facebook.

This particular site don't appear to be doing at all well for themselves with that referral links, though, do they? wink

They are, however, providing a backlink (good thing) to every hub for which they have made a link. big_smile

I just checked, i don't get traffic. thanks sunforged and redelf! I'm over it ,then. feel a lot less irritated now. just a backlink mostly...okay!

To anyone reading. ~~~~~~~~~I  feel singorged and redelf's advice is good and I'm done with this thread. THANK YOU ALL for helping so quickly!

peace out!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)