Least favorite movie of all time...?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Canklefish profile image79
    Canklefishposted 13 years ago

For me, it's always a toss-up between...

1. Blues Brothers 2000

2. Caddyshack 2

3. Anything with Julia Roberts in it

Notice how Dan Aykroyd made the list twice. The guy can ruin almost any film he's in. Has he ever been in a movie with Julia?

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

All of the sequels to " Meet the Parents ". I might shock you by saying I really don't think Ben Stiller is that funny.

And I thought " The Legend of Ricky Bobby" was pretty lame too.

And anything that has Sasha Cohen makes me need an antacid too.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
        KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL I loved Meet the Fockers !!

2. Canklefish profile image79
        Canklefishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everybody LOVED 'meet the parents' but I don't get it. In fact, the inspiration for this thread came from adding that to another thread.

Ben Stiller has his moments, but I don't think he's nearly as clever as he thinks he is...

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
      FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awah... Pretty Women is one of my favorite movie's!!
      Do you really hate all of her movies or just her??

I've never been a fan of Julia Roberts, but I've tolerated some of her earlier work, including 'Pretty Woman'

Lately, I can take her in small, cameo doses, as in films like 'Ocean's eleven & twelve', 'confessions of a dangerous mind', and 'Charlie Wilson's war'

All in all, I just tend to stay away from her leading role stuff

1. profile image35
          independentmindedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I liked Julia Roberts in "Thelma and Louise", and in "Erin Brockovich"  She is an excellent actress, and deserves credit for her role playing.

2. brimancandy profile image77
        brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that one is a toss up between her and Richard Gere. Wasn't that movie about a guy who falls in love with a hooker? I think it saw it once, if anything, it is probably one of  the most forgettable movies of all time. I couldn't tell you what happened in the movie, other than Julia Roberts in a red dress. But, It was so boring, I could have cared less.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

It's hard to think of the worst....
    hmmm

Superman returns

1. Dave Harris profile image68
      Dave Harrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally agre with you there schoolgirlforreal, Superman Returns was absolutely awful, I think I saw about 25 minutes and slept through the rest, terrible!

3. b. Malin profile image66
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

GROUND HOG DAY!

4. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

I don't usually watch movies I know I'll hate, so I'm sure I'm missing some awful ones, but of the movies I've actually sat through that I despised, the worst were Anaconda and Lost in Space. Hated hated hated HATED them.

I tolerated 'Lost in space' because I loved the series so much, but I get why others would add it to this list.  It wasn't anything special. I think Lacey Chabert's voice is nauseating.

5. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Austin Powers - can't stand it!

6. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 13 years ago

Liquid Sky...awful, awful movie!

7. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

There have been many, many movies I've hated. So, I do the best thing and forget them ... which is why I can't name any of them. But one does spring to mind; 'Evita' starring Madonna of all people!

8. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

Eraser Head...David Lynch

I would have to say Fast and Furious close second

1. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eraserhead is indeed a peculiar, surreal, dream-like movie.  It's perhaps an acquired taste.  Anything from David Lynch is a bit off-kilter.  I wouldn't call it bad.  But then I like odd stuff like that..where you need to watch it a couple of times to understand the intent.

9. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

hmmm... if I can recollect them, it would have to be

All the Austin Power ones
    All The Pretty Horses *yawn*
    The Batman series
    Cool (waste of time)

and the list could go on and on and on....

10. eculligan profile image67
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler

I tried watching this last month with my girlfriend, and for the life of me I can't remember it being as bad as it was the second time through.

A disaster of a film

2. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
      FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was a REALLY bad one!

11. Video Rewind profile image61
    Video Rewindposted 13 years ago

You haven't seen bad movies until you've seen:

a) Meet the Feebles

b) Plan 9 from Outer Space (or any other movie directed by Ed Wood Jr.)

Plan 9 has a "so bad it's almost good" feel, but Feebles? My gosh, it literally hurts just to watch it.

12. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image71
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years ago

The Blair Witch Project
    Horrible!!

13. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

batman & robin
    street fighter (live action movie with van damme)
    any steven seagal movie where he's the lead actor in it

14. Fuller_legend profile image82
    Fuller_legendposted 13 years ago

I absolutely hated the darjeeling Limited. 90 mins of my life i will never get back.

15. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

There have been a number of movies I've had to sit through, at the behest of friends, while visiting them.

Mission Impossible 2
    8mm (Nicolas Cage)
    Virtually all 'action' movies - with excessive violence and no plot, or redeeming virtues.

Still...whatever turns your crank smile

16. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

highlander 4
    psyco with vince vaughn
    anything with unfunny jerry seinfeld (stiller is waaaaay better)
    harry potter
    rocky horror picture show (unwatchable)
    hulk 2 (norton is a good actor but he makes bill bixbie as tough as arnold lol)
    fight club
    thats all 4 now

17. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Freddy got Fingered or Halloween Resurrection. Total crap!

18. Dave Harris profile image68
    Dave Harrisposted 13 years ago

Superman Returns and Valkyrie have to be the worst 2 films i've ever seen!

1. Megavitamin profile image69
      Megavitaminposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Valkyrie is TERRIBLE!  Deep Blue Sea was utterly ridiculous too.

In the same vein as Deep Blue Sea, I'd have to say that Hollow Man was an absolute joke. 

So bad in fact, that the sequel ran circles around it, and even that wasn't all that good...

19. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

very least fav of all time - Sound Of Music - Julie Andrews - GAG!

There's a special spot in my heart for The Sound of Music... My parents named me after one of the sons

2. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love the sound of music. It's one of the greatest musicals of all time. My family and I used to watch it every time it was on. I remember that every time the captain played his guitar at the concert where they escaped from the Natzis always used to make my sister cry, which would make me cry.

My sister and I both had a childhood crush on Ralph. But seeing him as and adult, he's actually kind of goofy. But, I think "16 going on 17" is one of my all time favorite musical songs. There are a lot of songs from the sound of Music that are part of music books at our local schools, that's how much of an impact the movie had.

But, I understand Mega1. If you don't like it. It's ok.

But, Julie Andrews was still a great singer, and a great actress. I'm curious if you have seen Victor Victoria. She's great in that!

20. MikeSyrSutton profile image69
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 13 years ago

Ghostbusters 2 was a big disappointment, but I disliked se7in even more!

1. profile image50
      freskposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think latest favorite movie is for me <a href="http://www.moviewatchlist.com/movie-megamind">Megamind Movie</a>this is fantastic animated movie with lots of comedy

http://www.moviewatchlist.com/

21. atifhameed profile image64
    atifhameedposted 13 years ago

I love "Wanted" of  Angelina Jolie!

22. Don Ship profile image73
    Don Shipposted 13 years ago

Hard Candy
    Meet the Spartans.. I just hate both these movies. Lol. smile

23. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Anything with Adam Sandler after Wedding Singer, and that movie was bearable only because Drew Barrymore saved it.  He just picks horrible material.

24. profile image35
    independentmindedposted 7 years ago

Ben Affleck's "The Town" is my least favorite movie, to date.  It's an overrated piece of hyped-up junk that's more like a feature-length made-for-TV soap opera than a regular movie. 

I'll also add that "The Town", in addition to perpetrating some of the worst stereotypes (i. e. All Charlestown "Townies" are in the bank-robbery business, and the prince-like and princess-like characters can get away with anything they want, without consequences, that as long as one can get what they want, anything goes, that it's okay to violate the law by making total dupes out of law-enforcement people who are trying to do their jobs, and helping a violent criminal with a long record become a fugitive from justice and the law, and that it's okay to act like a vigilante and take the law into one's own hands, just to supposedly keep a girlfriend or whoever safe.

I'll also add that Doug and Claire weren't very sympathetic people, and were very unlikeable, to boot.  The only people I sympathized with in "The Town" were FBI Agt. Adam Frawley and his men.  .

25. Annabela William profile image60
    Annabela Williamposted 6 years ago

The Fast and Furious 8 2017 is the best latest movie.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)