Here's a free title - adverts were disabled so I deleted it.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I started work on my new hub this evening...

"Climate Change and it's Effect on the Erogenous Zones"

and got the message ads disabled.  As one (yes, only one) of my hubs is already in its first rewrite and resubmitted after being described as sub standard I thought I wouldn't risk another rejection.

Mind you I hadn't really thought through the ads side of things.... although I bet Amazon do a book on it.

1. WryLilt profile image90
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The warning message would likely go away if only a small part of the hub was sexual.

The bots take into account what percentage of the hub has 'stop' words in it. For instance if you referred to the word breast once, it's likely adverts would be disabled if you just had a title and a sentence but if no other mention was made in a 500 word article then  you'd likely have adverts restored.

I have two hubs with Adsense disabled - one I turned off myself after checking with the team and now only advertise on them with Amazon.

Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks as always for your useful answer WryLilt.  The only sexual reference was Erogenous, the rest of the 'article' was a couple of capsules about genuine global warming stuff and then a drift into innuendo about visiting the Erogenous Zones whcih might become more accessible due to Global Warming effects.  Stuff like valleys and hills for example, totally child safe I thought.

I don't think it's a great loss to Hubpages tbh.  I am struggling to find a connection between my eagerness to make 'humorous' comment and the method of monetizing it.

2. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

http://i39.tinypic.com/11m851t.jpg to HP! big_smile

Don't despair you are not alone; many of us have hubs without adsense for the very same reason. The little google bots can be over sensitive on some words.

One of my most popular hubs had adsense removed and generates no real money, but I keep it up because it was a fun hub to write, its an interesting and unique subject, and the main reason I didn't delete it is that it brings in traffic.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

If you already have the content for the hub go ahead and publish it withouth the G-adverts. Adsense is not the be-all - you will find a coulple of relevant Amazon products and put on an rss to your other ramblings (sorry I mean hubs smile ) and you will get more readers.

I am looking forward to reading it now.

Thanks.  I did revisit and recreate, and now of course I have broken forum rules by mentioning it.

I'm finding life as a newbie a bit tough, I keep tripping over things that I should know better.

Just to add salt to my wounds I realise I have put an apostrophe in where there shouldn't be one.  And one of my thoughts for a hub was a "How To Write Reasonably Correct Grammar Without Being A Pedant".

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With reference to your comment in another thread, permit me to bring to your attention that you do have the option to delete and edit forum posts - it works for about 4-5 hours after posting.

Thanks, of course, it's under the 'more' button!  I need to go away and learn how not to be such a fool.

4. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

What you MUST realize is that People Do Not Want to Learn about Anything that relates to Shock Horror... bodies!! 
    People MUST Be Trained to think Only About the Benefits of Basting Brushes and other things that Advertisers use!
    I Have Just Found one of my poems turned off...
    I think the words 'lovers entwined!!' blew someone's lunch! roll
    It is becoming quite pathetic... No wonder so many struggle with their sexuality!
    Life without Google huh?
    Perhaps it is more balanced... Like it used to be!

5. Spacey Gracey profile image39

You can change the title and take that naughty little ' out - and its not in the URL so no one will ever know your shame - except for us.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!  My apostrophe shame is over.  There is something ironic about a wannabee full of themselves young upstart new kid on the block incapable of managing the basics.

Always check before you publish, always check....

6. Spacey Gracey profile image39

You are very welcome - just keep hubbing - now I have over 200 hopefully no-one will remember how terrible my first hubs were smile

Haha ditto. I recall a very 'profile-like' hub with about 75 words & a personal photo which I have since deleted in shame. big_smile

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

blimey - just noticed how many hubs you've got wry.

Yup, hoping to hit the big 2-0-0 this weekend.

I have the half written hubs there, just need to select two to actually FINISH!

7. Spacey Gracey profile image39

Well done, you must've been working your socks off smile

Is Amazon picking up for you?

At the start of the month it was a bit touch and go, but as of today I'm over $10.

And using Amazon trackers I've realized that I'm getting half my sales from my Product Hubs account, so can't complain that isn't working. (I think I did maybe two keyword researched hubs on that one!)

My only regret is not starting out like you!

And in the first week of November I made as much on Adsense as I did in the whole of July. Very happy with that!

Now off to do an 8-5 shift at work. Boooooo!

8. Spacey Gracey profile image39

Amazon trackers???

Probably wouldn't be much use to you since you have one account.

But you know how you have a hubpages ID in your affiliate settings (like http-blah-blah-08), you can make more of those and insert a different one in each hubpages account. That way you can see which account is sending sales.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bugger - it never occurred to me to do that, and actually would've been really useful about 100 hubs ago - oops smile

You should definitely go create another account. With another tracker. After you've gotten 50 referrals.

9. Spacey Gracey profile image39

And well done you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)