Interesting keyword info on my hubs.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I haven't been checking my analytics lately, so I thought I would take a peek and see where I am at, and I found some very interesting information. It appears that I have received over 649 variations of keyword hits to my hubs. I assumed that people had to search directly for certain phrases to find my hubs, but it appears that a hit can be created by any single word.

For example, I discovered that "Lambert" is one of the more popular keywords that direct people to my hub, and strangely the phrase "Whatdoyawant." is also hooking people to my hub, even though I never added that as a keyword. "Lazy." also seems to be getting hits. As well as my user name, which shows up quite a bit.

I'll never get the whole keyword thing, but it is apparently working now, as I am now up $3.00 in earnings, which is a hell of a lot better than nothing! But, I have earned zero at Amazon. So, I don't know if that is even worth my time.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll see a lot of unrelated keywords in analytics. These will be ones that brought a visitor to the hubpages site and from the orignal landing page they went on to your hub. Often this is because of the related aritcles on the right or because someone has added a text link to one of your hubs.

2. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I think you've gotten confused between what a keyword is and what keywords you are aiming for:

A KEYWORD is ANY phrase or word in your article. Google decides how relevant your article is to someone searching for that keyword. For instance in a hub on socks, you may mention your old aunt wears them. Google will check your words and probably decide that your article is not relevant for people searching the keyword 'old aunts'. Then again it might think it's relevant and send you hits. You never know.

THE SELECTED KEYWORDS are ones you're trying to rank for and that you place as tags as well as in your article and title. You WANT to rank for these, but google may have other ideas.

3. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

The other day I had the phrase 'hot Indian women's armpit photos' come up on my Google Analytics

Needless to say I have never written about Indian ladies armpits, but it must have taken someone to the underarm whitening hub

But it is weird what people search for - does anyone really want to look at pictures of women's armpits?  I think that I must lead such a sheletered life! smile

1. profile image0
      Toby Hansenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that I may know where that comes from.

In another Hub life, I received emails that a Hubber I was following at the time had posted a Hub on that topic. In fact, for a while,  all the emails that I got re that person's Hubs were about Indian women, Bollywood stars, and similar matters.

Needless to say, this time round I am not following that Hubber.

4. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Yes, there are some strange phrases that are getting people to my hubs. A lot of them have absolutely nothing to do with my subjects. I wonder if the person who links to my hubs with those words ends up getting disappointed.

Well, I guess any hit is a good one. But, if I recall, if someone gets to my page and is only on it for a second and leaves, that gives me a negative bounce rate. But, I'm not sure how all that works, or if it is important at all.

It certainly gets complicated.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

So You Need to expand your horizons Bri...
    Looks Like You Need to write a few ManCandy Hubs and XYX-Link your Lollies mate! hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)