Can you earn a living with hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image52
    masterartsposted 13 years ago

hello guys this is my first thread over this forum i just wanted to know if anyone earns his living with hubpages.Certainly driving traffic to hub i feel quite difficult.Can people suggest simple methods to start with?

1. Thriller profile image62
      Thrillerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think none. Although quite a few make some good money here. It's your best bet as far as passive income is concerned. But if you want to make a living writing online then widen your basket to include an independent blog/site, some freelance writing stuff as well

1. profile image52
        masterartsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanx thriller. But on an average 10$ is it possible?

2. prettydarkhorse profile image53
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi masterarts. A living you mean large amount of money, it depends what is large in your perspective. But you can possibly earn through different earning platforms.

I am paid by google adsense every month now since my fifth month and my amazon earning is increasing as well. It pays some of my basic bills. I just checked my amazon and I had six sales yesterday (not yet delivered just ordered items) and with adsense I am averaging 7 to 10 USD. It is not consistent but it increases a bit every month.

Some learning links for you,

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/affi … -hubpages/
      http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/
      http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/amazon-capsule/

WELCOME TO HP!!

1. profile image52

tnx pretty! Your info seemed pretty useful!

1. profile image52

I did post one hub now let me see how it fares!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image53
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome! And just write some hubs which are well written, while doing that --  try keywords research -- https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

TKA and market samurai.

1. profile image52

Yea i would get keyword research done ! Tnx a Lot!

3. David 470 profile image80
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this
    4. David 470 profile image80
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In all honesty, I think we need at least 500 hubs under the average person circumstances, to make a decent amount (part time).

Some people produce 100 hubs and make 500+ monthly.

I think of it this way, even if your not successful as others when you reach certain amount of hubs, making even half of what they did is still good, plus you can just keep writing more hubs over time.

Oh, and depending on your CTR and PPC can be a HUGE variable on how much you make month-month...

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Depends on where you live. smile

As for how - do keyword research, write a hub based on the research results, build backlinks based on the research results. Rinse and repeat.

smile

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

Note that these people are not representative of the common or average experience here, but rather what is possible.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow - thanks for that, Relache! Really inspiring.

4. brettb profile image60
    brettbposted 13 years ago

It is possible. It only takes one thing - hard work.

However, hardly anyone is capable of the hard work it requires.

5. geoffbrecker profile image59
    geoffbreckerposted 13 years ago

Persistence is the key to everything. Just make sure you're operating out what what you want and not what you don't want.

6. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

I make several hundred per month, but not exclusively via Hub Pages.

My intention is ultimately to quit my "job" and earn a living via the internet, including to remote IT support and training.

You will need to spread yourself out more and write more. Also, even though my Hubs lack much content at the moment, having more content helps greatly.

Darkside is one has done quite well via Squidoo and Hub Pages.  I also like to learn from Janet21 and Christine as well.

7. LindaJM profile image80
    LindaJMposted 13 years ago

Most people will have a long wait to get to the point where they're earning decent money (like over $100 per month) so the only thing to do is to keep building hubs and trusting that eventually there will be a sustained payout.

It is difficult at first when you don't see the money rolling in. Build 300+ quality hubs and a year from now you'll have an income from this.

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Naaah, I made over $100 in a month, once I began actively taking part in Hub Pages.

It was from Amazon.

It's definitely doable.

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Pick your target earnings then extrapolate your average conversions based on traffic.

My guess is that the average web writer/master

sees a 1-4% CTR for adsense  actual earning rates are hard to extrapolate but I would hope most average at least .20 per click.

a 2% conversion rate for amazon/ebay (varies greatly based on price of product) and a 6-10% commission rate on gross sales.

these averages are just my own notes after reading lots of forum posts and earnings blogs around the net.

So, a Hubpage user would need

500 daily clicks to see $100 in adsense alone daily.

Which would require 25000 daily impressions to their id.

So around 50k daily views at HP for 100 in adsense daily, or at least 1250 in gross sales or some combo of both.

maths not my strong suit, but I think im in the ballpark here.

The point?

It has nothing to do with number of hubs, but rather the amount of hubs required to hit certain levels of conversion. With some knowledge and attention to details you could consider a .20 epc to be very low and require a much lower traffic level also with attention to formatting and style a 1-2% CTR can become a 4-6% CTR.

For some it may require 100s of hubs to find the working forumlas for themselves and get the required traffic levels or the perfect target audience. Sometimes, you may never figure out what is relaible and just will get lucky after 100's of tries. There are some hub authors that can write under 30 hubs and reach a $100 daily goal.

I had one lucky trendy hub make $1000 USD in about a weeks time and then die (forever) .. nothing about the hubs success had anything to do with keyword research/promotion etc. ...just got lucky, it happens, the more you produce, the more data you will have to play with and either write smarter or get lucky more.

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice job!  Especially for math not being your strongsuit.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)