Affiliate settings - Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (30 posts)
  1. guzie profile image60
    guzieposted 16 years ago

Anyone know why I can't update the settings on the amazon edit window.

When I enter the AISN number or keyword search I get "No Amazon results found".
    Yes I do have my affiliates settings correct on the affiliate setup page.

Thanks from
    Paul Guzman

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

This is going to sound really dumb, but are you clicking the "Preview" button after you enter your ASINs? Just hitting the "Enter" button on your keyboard doesn't do anything. I learned this after trying to make several Amazon capsules where no products would show up.

If that's not it, then I don't know. I just added an Amazon capsule to one of my hubs and it took the ASINs fine.

Good luck!

3. guzie profile image60
    guzieposted 16 years ago

Yes...I am clicking the grey button that says "Preview Amazon Results"

The little whirling icon goes on about 1 second then disappears.
    BTW - I joined hubpages yesterday...could be my account is not yet setup ?

Thanks again
    From Paul

4. guzie profile image60
    guzieposted 16 years ago

Ahhh I found the problem....I have to make sure that on the display options tab the type of search is still set to keyword if you want a keyword search. Or set it to AISN if you want to enter the AISN numbers.

Thanks for the help
    from
    Paul Guzman

5. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64

Glad you figured it out smile

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 16 years ago

I've found that in ASIN mode, items not offered directly for sale via Amazon often won't come up.  This makes many third-party items on that site unavailable. 

I know it has something to do with how the HubPages Amazon capsule works, as I mentioned this to Paul when I visited the HubPages HQ.  I'm hoping it's one of those things on the ever-growing "to do" list, as it seems to be a big factor in why my Amazon sales on my Squidoo lenses out-pace my HubPages by a magnitude or two.

7. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image64

Thanks, relache! I had wondered about that. I get a lot more sales from my site. Almost all of the Amazon money I earn seems to come from items purchased from third-party sellers.

8. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

As of today, you should be able to use items from 3rd party merchants with the amazon capsule.  It was actually a pretty easy change that slipped below my radar (thanks for the reminder Relache).   Please let me know if its working better for you.  There will probably be some change in the products listed for existing keyword search capsules as a result.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Did anyone notice this change?  I wouldn't mind some feedback on whether it works and if it is an improvement.  Thanks.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

My experiments with getting more fairy wings on my hub failed both for keyword searches or ASIN.  :-(

9. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

For the last 24 hr or so I am not getting any listings from Amazon at all!

10. AuraGem profile image71
    AuraGemposted 16 years ago

I am glad of this thread! In the last 24 hours, suddenly all my Amazon connections in each hub disappeared. I have tried to rectify it, but I keep being told "No results found", no matter what keyword I type. Yet it was all fine before!

Any ideas????

Smiles and Light

11. AuraGem profile image71

lol oi Lissie! Our postings are so close!

Wonderful if our Oz connections are tangling threads! lol

Just a thought!

Smiles and Light

12. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 16 years ago

Thanks for this thread-- I thought it was just me.  I just posted my first hub so I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles.  I had an existing amazon affiliate account from a website I had years ago so when I logged onto Amazon the old account with my old tracker came up.  I put in a new hubpages tracker for that account and thought all was well.  But no--after several hours I am still getting "no results for Amazon".  I just went back and changed back to my old original tracker on both the amazon site and hubpages.  I'm still getting no Amazon ads. What to do??BTW I love hubpages and see that I could become a real hubaholic:)

13. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Ok, I made another little tweak to the way keyword searches work.  I think it will work a little better now but you still may need to play around with the keywords and the product area you select.

The amazon affiliate account you use shouldn't have any effect on getting results in the capsules.  One thing that is a little confusing about the amazon capsule is that you need you need to select either "keyword" or "asin" under the display options tab so that it matches with the type of search you have entered data for.

14. robie2 profile image77
    robie2posted 16 years ago

Yipeeeee--it works now-thanks. I'm in keyword mode notASIN and I think the problem was I had too many keywords.  I just used two and presto.  Back to hubland:-)

15. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Yes, the amazon search will require all the words you enter to be in the product listing -- so fewer is generally better.

16. AuraGem profile image71

OEEEEEEEEEE!!!

My screen suddenly did a funny little "rain dance". I was typing a comment to a hub, but my screen jumped back to this forum thread! (I'm not daring to ask how!) But I checked one hub and all my Amazon connections re-appeared! Magic! I have just checked all my hubs and they seem fine!

Thanks for the prompt assistance Paul! Great work!

Smiles and light

17. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Glad to hear it's working again.

18. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Relache, give it another try.  It turns out it was a little more work than I had thought.  The only limitation now, is that for the "All" keyword search you can't get 3rd party items.  For ASIN, or area specific searches you should be able to now.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, it's kinda working now.

Here're the ASINs I'm trying to pull
      B0012I8RIQ
      B000WRZX0I
      B000BLA17A
      B000NQK290
      B000QXICVA

But the capsule told me the first three can't be found or displayed, and yet I'm seeing them as for sale and in stock on the Amazon site.  In fact, they are listed as being some of the bestselling items.  Any idea why they don't come up?

19. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

We require that amazon provide us the small size image url and the price in order to display the item.  For some reason they are not providing that data via their API for those 3 items (even though they seem have them on amazon.com).

I suppose we could display the items without the price (and even without the image), but it seems likely that conversion rates will be better with that data.  I'll try and investigate a little more next week.

20. jaymz profile image78
    jaymzposted 16 years ago

I just tried it on 2 shirts from amazon, and the ASIN numbers wouldn't show. It didn't even say that the ASIN numbers picked couldn't be found. It just said no results. I had the option for ASIN selected.

I tried:
    B000VLY4PA
    B000RZL1S8
    B000VQZBRA 
    B001290Z12

And, none of them work. :-\

21. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

The problem with each of those is lack of pricing data.  That seems to be pretty common with 3rd party items, so I'm going to lift the requirement on price for now.

22. relache profile image73

Thanks for the clarification, Paul.  That is an interesting thing to know.  Over on "that other site," we have an option where we can enter our own descriptions for items, and that's how I work with things that don't automatically pull the prices.  My many years of sales/retail intel shows that having a prices does a lot more to encourage a sale than not.  Even if the feed on HubPages allows items that don't show a price, I'll take the time to find items that come up with one.

1. caspar profile image59
      casparposted 16 years agoin reply to this

As a customer I'd agree.  I rarely bother to look for more information if I don't see a price straight away, at least for impulse buys.  That goes for real shops as well as online.  I think if they can't be bothered to tell me the price, I can't be bothered to ask and I won't bother to buy it.  If I was really searching for a specific item of course it would be different, but I guess we're mostly going after impulse buyers on hubs?

23. relache profile image73

It's hard to say if it's more impulse buying or not.  However, when shopping over the internet, people can't touch an item and they have to rely a lot more on written descriptions, so the price becomes a more important factor.  Given that HubPages retail capsules only show a picture, a name and a price, that makes it really important.

24. profile image0
    The Lonely Hubberposted 15 years ago

Hello

I am a new hubber but with an existing Amazon affiliate account.  Am I right when I say that all I need to do when I edit my Amazon affiliate settings is to enter my existing Affiliate Code and it will take care of itself? Or do I have to apply for a new account?

Thanks!

25. profile image0
    J Mockridgeposted 15 years ago

Entering your current Affiliate code should work fine.

1. profile image0
      The Lonely Hubberposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sigh! Thanks very much for the response. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)