Final Fantasy

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (34 posts)
  1. theageofcake profile image61
    theageofcakeposted 14 years ago

Hopefully this can become a forum to discuss anything and everything relating to this awesome videogame series.

Who's a fan?  What is your favorite installment?

1. motricio profile image69
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love it.
      Even if FF-X makes me remember a bad time relationship, I doesn't mean that is not a great history, excellent graphics, the best mode for fighting on a 3D RPG, and the most of all...
      is  FF! smile

1. JosiePosie76 profile image60
        JosiePosie76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I ahve to agree...  I love that one...and the sequel to it....
        I have the newest for xbox 360...  It's beautiful...  But I dont like how the game progresses...and you cant do your own thing til the last dick...  sad
        I am a huge fan of the series though....

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

NICE!!! im a huge fan of that series.  in fact, i own all the games on the ps1 and ps2 right now.  my favorite games of the series is final fantasy 7 and final fantasy 10.

3. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like Final Fantasy VII the best, but I don't know if its because its the first one i played or what. I also liked X and X-2 a lot.

Final Fantasy VII needs to be remade. It had such memorable characters and had a good story along with funny moments,sad moments, and all kinds of stuff.

1. cloudsgrl profile image60
        cloudsgrlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I remember reading somewhere in a gaming magazine (I probably still have it stashed somewhere in my library...) that when they asked some of the head people about remaking Final Fantasy VII, they had many things they specifically wanted to do.  But what I remember standing out the most from reading that article was the fact the people gave too many exact numbers for approximately how long it would take and how many people would be needed, etc.  Which, at the time revealed that they had truly thought about it.

I can only hope they will release a remake of FFVII, it was the one that introduced me to the series and got me hooked on it.  First rpg game ever.  smile

2. xboxps3wow profile image39
    xboxps3wowposted 14 years ago

Haven't played any of the previous ones, but with all the hype, i will probably get XIII for my ps3

3. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

I LOVE Final Fantasy. I have so many of them. My favorite is 7, but 10 and Tactics War of the Lions are pretty close up there.

I can't wait for XIII but I don't want the 360 version. However I don't have a ps3. My boyfriend has one so maybe I'll play it at his house.

4. ryansjones profile image61
    ryansjonesposted 14 years ago

Mine so far is Final Fantasy X.

1. cdub77 profile image70
      cdub77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree about Final Fantasy X being a favorite.  I geek out over it so much I even have a hub where I argue it is a work of art.

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who would argue against that!

ChronoTrigger was an amazing game, it could have easily been titles FF something - made by square,its worth digging up and playing on an emulator.

I hope they remake that concept some day, final fantasy plus time travel - changes in the past effect future game play.

5. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I just got a new plasma and dug up FF12 on ps2 to test out the graphics..its the only FF I never beat..never had time to play...still dont sad

I have hubs on FF13 coming soon...I secured the URL's and started collecting early news almost 3 months ago

6. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Final Fantasy is the greatest video game series of all time.

7. ForKicks profile image58
    ForKicksposted 14 years ago

I never played Final Fantasy, I just watched all those commercials and thought to myself, "what do you do in that game anyway?"

8. cabinetkings profile image60
    cabinetkingsposted 14 years ago

Final Fantasy X is one of the best games of all time. The storyline is absolutely unbelievable. If you haven't played it yet, you should do it ASAP.

1. cdub77 profile image70
      cdub77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I don't play it, but know the music... graphics from raising two sons who still play it. I can't believe it's going to be FF13!!
    If I had more time, I would probably get sucked in. my oldest son says I should start playing a real game! hmm

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

here's a favorite of mine on youtube.

maybe some girls will like it.. if you guys don't like Blurry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EsWZkt4x8

1. ryansjones profile image61
      ryansjonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wanted to play through Final Fantasy 7, but my memory card was not working properly at the time so I had to get rid of the game.  However, about a year later, I got FF9 with a new card and it worked perfectly.  Thought FF9 was fun too.

11. Blizzagen profile image61
    Blizzagenposted 14 years ago

Love the series smile
    Final Fantasy XIII is very good, I really enjoyed it. Love the music and the characters most of all.
    I enjoyed it more than I was expecting to, actually, because theres been a mixed reaction to it on the forums and sites I frequent. It's not as open-world as 7 or 8, and it certainly doesn't give you the freedom that X-2 gives you, but I'd liken it to the linearity and path-following of FFX, and I loved FFX and I loved this.

The decision to make it a little more intimate and less open-branched than many of the games in the series actually helps IMO, because it lets the creators tell a story and helps with the character interaction more. Probably the most accessible FF yet, so if you've never tried a Final Fantasy, and you're a little skeptical or you're not entirely sure what its all about, I highly recommend it. If you're already an FF fan, you'll definitely enjoy it, even if it is somewhat of a change in pace, and its more traditional compared to the forward-thinking game design of FF12, which also got a mixed reaction.

Can't wait to see what FF13: Versus is like.

12. satomko profile image91
    satomkoposted 14 years ago

My favorite Final Fantasy is actually Tactics, the original on PS1.  The story in that game got me along with the game play and variability of the job system.  My favorite of the main series may be Final Fantasy 4 (FF2 when first released in the USA on Super Nintendo.  Yes, I'm that old), but that may just be nostalgia talking.  The plot to that one is still pretty good.  I'm also a big fan of FF12 because it seem new and inventive while retaining many of the classic Final Fantasy elements.

1. xKumo profile image60
      xKumoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, Final Fantasy Tactics was my favorite Final Fantasy game hands down. That was the first video game story I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed, and there hasn't really been anything like it since for me. I wish they'd make a true sequel to that game..

13. hoodieweather profile image60
    hoodieweatherposted 13 years ago

Final Fatnasy VIII was amazing. Superb storyline!

14. Kathlyn W. profile image68
    Kathlyn W.posted 13 years ago

I'm torn between VIII and X.  I've played a few of the older ones, but I got to VIII - X first, and while IX was great, the others really made an impression on me.

15. Real Fantasy profile image59
    Real Fantasyposted 13 years ago

I liked VII and VIII then randomly XII. 7 Crisis Core was my favorite, though.

1. starvagrant profile image66
      starvagrantposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Must give props to VI, I surprised no one's mentioned it. It has the best soundtrack, but my favorite was certainly tactics. There's so much to explore in the battle system, and once you figure out who everyone is the intrigue is awesome. Plus there's no dungeon crawling (other than Deep Dungeon) it is straight from battle to story to battle.

16. Sunny_S profile image61
    Sunny_Sposted 13 years ago

I think all of the Final Fantasy's were good especially 10 onwards they were like the trend back then, now its all about Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2..

17. playstationmove profile image57
    playstationmoveposted 13 years ago

The best final fantasy for me is 9.. i don't know for what reason but it's the one very attached to me, still replaying it until now.
    But the best soundtrack has got to be final fantasy X.

18. glenn wallace profile image69
    glenn wallaceposted 13 years ago

Final Fantasy I was one of the first RPG's I ever played, so I kinda grew up with the series.

I've at least dabbled with almost every rendition that's come out, though I never could get into the MMO (more of a WOW man).

In terms of storytelling and innovation within the genre, it really is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned.

It even has a special role in my marriage.

19. dredhead117 profile image60
    dredhead117posted 13 years ago

My favorites as far as Final Fantasy goes are VI, VII, and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. Most of the games I've played after VII felt like there was something missing. I intend to play through XIII at some point, and may even get into the new MMO, if the general consensus continues to like it as it has thus far.

20. cdub77 profile image70
    cdub77posted 13 years ago

I was maybe 10 years old when I bought Final Fantasy.  It blew me away that the instruction booklet was so long!  I was entranced and read the whole thing before I put the game in my NES and turned it on and. 

I've played every one but FFV (waiting on a remake of it since I still haven't played it). My favorite is X.  I think for a lot of us, hearing voices for the first time made a huge impact.  I was blown away by the story as well, and just couldn't get over how much more "epic" the struggle in it felt to me.

FFIX seems strangely missing on this list.  I have to say, when Zidane swooped in and grabbed Garnett as Alexander was collapsing, well, that was one of the most romantic moments in any FF.  The game also had a great way to level up with learning abilities from items.  I found myself collecting all armor and accessories like mad. 

FFVII has the best villain. Ever.  That's why we love it, we'll never get over Sephiroth.   Why would we want to?  The only villain to come close since him was Sin.

Here's a hub I wrote long ago about FFX:

http://hubpages.com/hub/FFX

21. Kexul profile image60
    Kexulposted 13 years ago

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy. I have liked all of them that I have played except for XII. I couldn't get into XII at all. I have to say my favorite one is tied between VIII and X. I have like XIII a lot so far too.

22. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Like RebekahELLE, I have great memories of my children playing different FF games and (me) listening to the music.  There's one song that touches me so strongly, I can't help but cry every time I hear it.  Sheesh!

Even though I'm not into video games myself (too old), I totally love the story of how the first game was invented - as a last-ditch effort by a company that hadn't succeeded well.  Well, they sure turned that around.  What an inspiration!

23. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I liked them from FF1-7 8 I only played the card game, same with 9, Final fantasy X I couldn't stand. I played the game for ten hours slamming the X button trying to play the actual game, then blitzball sucked so I stopped.

SNES: I played ones that weren't released in the US as well but I don't remember which ones.

1. FF tactics(PS)
    2. FF3(SNES)
    3. FF7 (PS)
    4. FF(NES)
    5. FF2(SNES)
    6. FF mystic quest(SNES)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)