Recurring Income (Possible on HubPages?)

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (39 posts)
  1. RealityBomb profile image60
    RealityBombposted 13 years ago

Hi, I'm fairly new here so you'll have to forgive me if my question appears somewhat naive. I was hoping someone could tell me, if a hubber reaches, lets say, 500 hubs, will these hubs continue to bring in an income even if the hubber stops writing for six months or more? (A never ending recurring income of sorts?)

If the income does continue to come in, then I honestly can't see a single fault with Hubpages. This would basically mean a users income will always continue to grow and grow and there can't be a better incentive than that in my opinion.

I'm going to be a bit cheeky and ask one quick final sub-question if thats okay, how many Hubs would you guess-timate someone would need for an avergae income of about $300 per week?

I hope its okay me asking these questions, its just because I'm new I have more questions than answers in regards to earning potential. Shame I didn't discover Hubpages two years ago but at least I'm here now and I plan on staying 'well and truly' put.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, but there is no set amount of hubs which will guarantee a certain amount of money here!  Often, a few well written, or highly searched for, hubs may do much better than a hundred run-of-the-mill articles!

It all depends on the writer's subjects and ability to make the articles worth reading. IMHO!

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never say never, but I have pages I wrote in 2001 that still earn good money every month.

Everything fades away eventually, of course.

3. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Time makes money,not money make time

4. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is not set number which many say, "however", the average person will need 100s. Just make sure you write about what people would be searching for. I have written hubs that are completely irrelevant on the internet. Had a rant hub which gets no traffic.

Write informational hubs. I would say 500 hubs for most people would make you income, but to what extent depends...

Keep a variety of hubs, but try and focus on a niche that works well....

You can also refer people to huppages....

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

There is a hubber on the site who earns several thousand from 20 hubs.

There are other hubbers with hundreds of hubs who earn a few measly dollars each month.

IF you are willing to learn about keywords and optimisation (basically, write what you love but talk about it in a way to match google searches) you can definitely make some nice $$$.

Hubs can take 6-9 months to see serious earnings and traffic. I have about 270 hubs across several accounts and this month I'm set to earn over $100. But I can also see that my earnings each month (even months I've hardly written) has often doubled or trebled. So I'm expecting next month to be even better. smile

You should check out Spacey Gracey. She decided from the start she needed to earn money and she's earning enough now to stay at home full time - after 8 months.  Here's her hub on the topic: http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-On-H … wn-Formula

1. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a really good point.  So, if you want to see earnings, try to build a few months before the "season" of the hub.

2. RealityBomb profile image60
      RealityBombposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant thanks for the tips everyone. I guess quantity is important but quality is the MOST important.

3. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"There is a hubber on the site who earns several thousand from 20 hubs."

I think some typo error. Am i right?

If not who is earning that much from just 20 hubs?

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this
        1. Pcunix profile image90

There's another way to look at it too.

It's my top 20 pages that bring in the lions share of money.   After those few, monthly income falls to less than $10 per page and by the time it gets to the 100th one, we're down to the two dollar and change group.  Extend that out to 200 and it's under half a buck monthly, at 300 down to a dime, at 400 it is just a penny and around the 550 mark it disappears entirely.

So, yeah, I make good money from just twenty pages and if I were smart enough to write just those twenty I could have saved myself some time smile

No, in seriousness that's not true.  Often there are other reasons for those pages, but my point is that people who make good money but have a lot of pages are not necessarily making it from evenly distributed amounts.

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually this is completely true, Pcunix. I currently have five hubs on my main account which have each earned me at least 10-15% of my total income on hubpages and then all my other hubs combined (over 250) have earnt me maybe 30% of the rest.

Although I'm hoping some more start maturing soon!

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

That article currently is not published.

WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That post is 4 years old. Spacey Gracey was banned years ago, after Hubpages started its post-panda crackdowns on everything. She was unbanned but think she quit of her own accord at some stage.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The current responses were to iamking's posting a link to his own hub today. That post has been removed now.

1. theraggededge profile image96

Replying to myself here. I know we keep saying that it shouldn't be possible to revive old forum posts but I wish HP would hurry up and do something to close off comments on these old threads.

3. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Try making many, many quality hubs that are SEO'd well and hit good keywords and you'll make lots.

Until this way of making money becomes obsolete, which it will, but hopefully not for a few years. Making your own websites is the same thing only better. smile

4. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Don't forget the power of referrals.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

A lot of residual income is related to your own writing skills and the topic you write on.  If you want a long term income then you need to look for evergreen topics which will be useful for people to read for years to come.  If you want a quick buck, write about a specific product or similar.

6. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

RealityBomb: Take a look at a sampling of success stories we've compiled:
    http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

These are by no means all the successful Hubbers on the site, nor are they typical (most people don't have the perseverance to continue to publish without an immediate reward), but they certainly demonstrate what is possible if you continue to write high-quality content.

Many of them have said explicitly that they don't do keyword research or SEO work like backlinking, so those are not necessary. However, writing high-quality content seems to be the recurring theme.

1. Pcunix profile image90

Which reminds me of someone who recently said that they tried HP out, didn't make any money, gave up and forgot about it.  I forget whether they said they were surprised when a check from Google arrived many months later or they just happened to check their stats, but the lesson was that just leaving their stuff here actually made them money they did not expect.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's true! We've heard that quite a few times. smile

We've also included the traffic trend graphs in the success stories section, to demonstrate that traffic continues to build over time. Most people assume that once the initial (mostly internal, HubPages-based) traffic subsides after a few days or weeks, that their Hubs will stop getting traffic, when, in fact, the traffic growth has just begun at that point.

2. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do use keyword and SEO techniques and believe they help, but I have mixed feelings about backlinking.  I had rather others do this for me if my article merits the compliment.  If not, too bad for me and I'll try to do better with the next hub!

3. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my experience, if you write a quality hub that focuses on a "new" - "popular"
      BUT low competition topic, you can get an extreme surge of traffic.....They may not be very long term though...

7. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 13 years ago

The CPC worth of the keyword, the quality of the writing and the competition you face from other writers (as well as a few other factors) play a part in deciding how much money a person can earn from Adsense.

But rest assured, if you made X amount of good quality hubs and abandoned them for six months, you should continue to earn money from them provided you continued to get traffic.

8. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 13 years ago

Let me tell you how things have worked for me.

I have done almost nothing in the last six months.  I havent written a hub, only a few comments, no articles and no backlinking but still six months later now that I am back I am earning more with Hubpages then I was 6 months ago.

You can read this however you want but if you keep working your earnings will keep building.

Dale

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

From what I understand (according to a Hubpage Staff comment some months back) most hubs reach their optimal income potential after about 3 years of having been published, so don't be surprised if for a year or so you earn very little, and then it starts to take off as the various hubs hit their 'peak'.

1. RedSturtz profile image69
      RedSturtzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe this to be true, but just to cheer up anyone who is a bit put off by a three year wait, some hubs take off right from the start (maybe 3%?) and some hubs reach good traffic within 6-9 months of publication.

1. Ipeoney profile image68
        Ipeoneyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say if you have written that much Hub-500 -you probably learned a lot already the ins and outs, which means your Hubs will earn you lots of money already. at least 500 per month. just my opinion.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

^^ "make money from the jawhorse?" Hahahaha!!

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is such an old thread. the contents of which I think are probably not relevant anymore.

2. theraggededge profile image96

"Each will provide various other services/products and so are definitely not running to the lone purpose of jogging AdSense."

And that is a featured hub?

When other people who produce good content are having their hubs made invisible to search engines by the bucket-load?

Good grief.

Edit: at least I had the satisfaction of flagging it.

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's not featured. None of his hubs are.

1. NateB11 profile image87
          NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
          FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12734899.jpg

1. Susana S profile image92
            Susana Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Indeed there was lol big_smile

11. Kimberleyclarke profile image84
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 8 years ago

I agree @theraggededge - it is a bit confusing having such old threads coming up as 'live' on my feed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)