Do you have a friendly Hubpage competition going on?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Mikeydoes profile image41
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Is there someone you are having a personal competition with(whether they know or not doesn't matter)? I have been posting my stats, not to brag, but to more or less show people where I am at. To hopefully inspire them to put up bigger numbers than me. I was curious to see what some experienced hubbers have done, and it was nice to see that they shared their numbers for me in the past.

All I know is I am nothing special, so I know you can do it!

I don't know if competition is the right word, in no way is it meant to have a winner or a loser. I use it more or less to push myself. I have set my own goals to stay on pace with experienced hubbers, or hubbers that only have a couple of months on me.

I would have to say I am trying to stay on pace with Wrylilt! smile

Mainly because she helps me out a lot, and if I can somewhat keep pace with her, I'll do great. She also referred me, so if I do good she does too!

Look out Wrylilt! Mikeydoes is in the building!

2. manlypoetryman profile image78
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Yeah...I'm trying to "out-redneck"-Gus, the Redneck!
    http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_191/Funny_Pictures_19111.jpg

1. lrohner profile image67
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gee Manly, I haven't seen you around in a while. Where've ya been?

1. manlypoetryman profile image78
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I been busy! Busy with a side order of stressed! Howdy to you, Irohner...Hope all is well with you!!?

2. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL,,,Happy thanksgiving!

I am competing with myself, I like to outdo myself always!

Happy T-day to Ms. PDH!

2. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now that is the way to Deer Hunt this year!!! From the Hot Tub! hey there manlypoetryman.

Beats freezin' out in the deer blind...any ol' day...Howz it been going with ya', Michael Willis ?

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I am competing mentally with everyone who joined 2-3 months before I did. I want more hubs, more traffic, more earnings, more feedback..

It's a good target because most of them will always be ahead of me for at least the next year.  After that, I'll probably have to switch to people a year or two ahead.

And then? Then I'm going after the big fish smile

Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, that is what I am talking about.

2. iamalegend profile image61
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'm crazzy to compete.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image80
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I take in the figures when checking out a profile.  How long have they been here, how many hubs, views, awards, etc. What are their hubs like?  It helps to encourage me to sharpen up my act, learn from other peoples page layouts and content.  What are they saying, what are they selling, how are they selling it?

Now this is interesting and so on but as I reach into my fourth week I am concerned more and more with the world outside Hubpages.  Not leaving the house and getting some fresh air - but when and whether hits will come from Google.

Er. To answer the question... yes I am competitive.  But not with anyone in particular.

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At this point, you should start to see some non-HP traffic.  It won't be much at first, but it grows..

Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely. There are trillions of views out there, you just have to go grab them yourself.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image80
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's the grabbing, aging, organic, back linking stuff that I have yet to learn.  Not entirely sure I have enough time in the day to do a normal job (boo), think of stuff to write, faff about doing the glad handing forum stuff, plus a bit of family life AND add in the marketing aspect as well.

tbh - I don't think I have worked as hard in my life until I joined up.

1. Pcunix profile image92
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, other than writing link worthy content, you really can't do anything about organic linking - they wouldn't really be organic if you did, right?

But if you want to play the whole let's fool Google into thinking this is another organic link, that's a whole different subject.  Not one I have any admiration for, but you'll find plenty of people here who think that's the way to do it and you can read their hubs about how to do it and not get caught.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image80
              Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pcunix (finally I get the case of your name right).  I hope that with a reasonable title and keywords that is sufficient. I have played the Facebook 'look at me' game and ended up spending more time shouting and promoting than developing any content.  Plus you end being the sort of person who joins in a conversation saying "very interesting. btw have you noticed my WEBSITE".

5. 2uesday profile image64
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I feel the same about this as prettydarkhorse,trying to beat what
    I have done in the past.

I had a goal set to beat this month and I am happy to have reached it already. The amount would not be great news for some, but for me it is an achievement to improve on what I have done previously.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)