Why do people dislike Sara Palin SO MUCH?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (101 posts)
  1. profile image0
    rakubaposted 13 years ago

Why do people dislike Sara Palin SO MUCH?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no idea. i think it has more to do with that damn snl sketch where she made the uneducated remark about africa.  when in reality, SHE DIDN'T SAY A DAMN THING ABOUT AFRICA, AS IT WAS JUST A DAMN SKETCH.  HOWEVER, THAT DIDN'T STOP DEMOCRATS AND THE MEDIA FROM MAKING IT SOUND LIKE IT WAS HER ANYWAY.  sorry, i yelled, but it really aggrivates me sometimes when people make that mistake about her, as she was not that bad of a candidate. seriously, she would've been a better president than o'bama. that's for damn sure.

1. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually Steven, it WAS reported that she didn't know Africa was a continent, reported by FOX News via the McCain campaign. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc.

Again, this is the problem...Palin and her supporters don't do research, don't learn anything. They look at themselves in the mirror, ask a question, and answer it for themselves. It is the long standing fight between those who are reactionary and don't care to learn, and those who think they know everything and any kind of differing information is left wing biased. These people think the dictionary is a document of left wing bias. It is ridiculous. The children in grown up bodies got a candidate.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is her.

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
          Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She did not know there is a South and a North Korea either; it could be just because they are not visible from her backyard I suppose

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
            Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She obviously meant to say South Korea. We all trip up on our words. Now whether she can find either North or South Korea on a map is a different story.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

True. No big deal.

3. profile image50
        Tomandlouposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually there isn't too much she does know,certainly not anything that would qualify her to run for any office.Research her performance as Mayor of Wassila ! She left that town (it had a surplus before she became Mayor) with Millions of $ of debt.Also hired a city Mgr.To do her job in a Mayors office based in a storefront.Some resume!There isn't enough room to list her lackluster performance and lack of judgement.What makes anyone think  she got smarter.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

she's dumb as a brick and she tried to run for VP.

That about sums it up.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Something we can agree on, Evan!  smile

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

?Because they consider it presumptuous for someone so poorly informed to make such a big splash in American politics?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agree.

I read yesterday that at her book signings, she will not allow cameras, cell phones, purses, bookbags, etc. when approaching her. now today the article has been edited to just cell phones and cameras... I remember it said that because I thought it was highly pretentious of her demanding of the public not to have a purse or a cell phone in her presence.
        http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/us/po … =1&hpw

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Because she such poor credibility. There isn't a world leader anywhere that could take her seriously because she simply doesn't have the smarts to formulate and execute good policy or decisions of any kind.

She faked it in Alaska and LEFT her governorship to STAND IN THE LIME LIGHT.

Her priorities are pretty obvious.

1. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because she is a one-trick pony who is ignorant of all the real facts. All that hokey crap she spouts is just that...crap. She doesn't mean any of it. She gets paid to do all that, and that's the only reason she does it.

So I hate her because she can be bought. I'm sure Alaska is glad she is no longer governor. I just wish she had stayed governor and stayed out of the spotlight, because I'm sick of her.

Hell, I think if the Dems paid her more, she'd change parties and spout environmentalism and defend global warming.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

she's all about the money.
        how anyone can take her seriously is beyond me.
        even McCain saw through her..

I McCain did see through her, it was way too late to save his skin.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Ha! That's an interesting thought, Amie! The Democrats would never pay her a red (or blue) cent.

I personally detest Mrs. Palin because she is a two-faced, opportunistic, ego-maniacal liar.
    She would not be anywhere, have any media platform whatsoever, if it wasn't for John McCain. And what's the first thing she did after they lost in 2008? Betrayed him. Not smart.

She is a total attention/glory hound. If she wants to be a motivational speaker, that is her right. But please don't pretend that you have any interest in what's good for this country.

Her handling of her daughter's personal life is disgusting. I'm sorry, but if Bristol wants to marry Levi, that's her right.Instead, she's parading around on dancing with the stars. Did you see the Nixon girls on TV? Amy Carter? Chelsea Clinton? Not even Jenna Bush would get that self-serving. It's trailer trash is what it is.

Finally-- and I am not alone in this, I seem to read an opinion piece on the subject daily. I do not appreciate her "jes plain folks" and "you betcha" speech. It is NOT admirable to not only be but to revel in being ignorant. This anti-intellectual movement she espouses is insane. Maybe if we all lived in Alaska and spent our days hunting wolves from helicopters we could pretend we're back in the 1800s. But we live in a sophisticated, complex, GLOBAL economy and our stupidity is not held up in high regard by our competitors (who laugh at us).

I could go on and on.
    Final note: If you can't name a single magazine or newspaper that you read, you obviously DON'T. And her little protege in Delaware obviously idolizes her, as she (Christine O'Donnell) was unable to name a single Supreme Court Decision she disagreed with. Or a single Supreme Court Decision period.
    And we want these women representing us... why?

1. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so glad someone agrees with me about her stupid, trashy daughter! She agreed to marry Levi to get him to sign that non-disclosure agreement that said he could not dis the family or disclose anything personal that went on. As soon as it was signed, she dumped him. Wonder if anyone else but me noticed that?

And DWTS?  Seriously? You're right...white trash in sequins.

As far as Bristol goes, like mother, like daughter..says it all.
        What should we expect from a super christian that preaches abstinance, but could not convince her own daughter to abstain.
        The hipocrisy of it all is just nauseating

1. JOE BARNETT profile image61
          JOE BARNETTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not only was it the daughter but it looks like sarah has been fooling around for some time behind the hubbys back. thus reason for the divorce!

I can't think of much to add. She does have nice teeth.

4. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

She's a babbling idiot.

5. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Her having power scares me deeply

6. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

palin is second best thing to happen to usa after bush...like bushism , palinism can become famous..

7. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

What is there to like? Leggs and no brains should not qualify for political office

8. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

She is mean..real mean.
    When McCain put her out there that first night as his running mate, I was psyched! Wow--a woman who seems cool, modern, pro-woman's rights....

Next day, she is bashing Obama like there's no tomorrow..real nasty vicious attacks..personal. And lies. I thought, oh sh*t...I knew girls like this in high school.
    Teases, pretenders, real nasty sort behind eveybody's back.

Baracuda is a good name for her. It fits.

9. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

GOLD DIGGER----a person who uses charm to extract money or gifts from others. Example: Such as the clothes she was given.

10. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 13 years ago

Sarah Palin is the Republican equivalent of Barack Obama.

Barack Obama is the embodiment of everything modern American liberalism values and holds dear: multiculturalism, diversity, cosmopolitanism, social progression, tolerance, internationalism, rags-to-riches opportunity for those born in difficult circumstances. Obama is multiracial, comes from a multicultural background (influenced by Muslim, Christian and atheist cultures in his youth, having spent time in Hawaii, Indonesia, East Africa and the mainland US), and speaks endlessly about the potential for America to become a more just place.

Similarly, Sarah Palin is the embodiment of everything modern American conservatism holds dear: patriotism, devout Christianity, tradition, independence, the power and value of the average folks over the Washington bureaucrats, and adept at handling a gun. Palin is a frontierswoman in love with the outdoors, raised to be very independent and individualist. She pokes a stick in the eye of the establishment and the coastal elites, and looks great doing it. The fact that she is a stylish woman to boot--overturning liberal stereotypes about the right--makes conservatives love her all the more. She also speaks endlessly about American exceptionalism.

It is the powerful image of someone who literally personifies everything you believe is great about America that has carried both Obama and Palin to their respective heights within their parties.

Both Obama and Palin are long on style and short on substance. They are big on rhetoric and imagery, but come up short on effective policy. They constitute intellectual junk food for the conservative and liberal bases--tastes great, feels great, but no real value. But still you can't resist.

So just as Obama is the personification of everything that pisses off conservatives, Palin is the personification of everything that pisses off liberals.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, she is on the dumb side.
      Boy!!! She can really hypnotize us men with her nasty sexy school teacher act and look.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Secularist - yours is one of the most lucid comments I've read on any political forum.  You highlighted both sides of the argument in clear language without resorting to vulgarity, name-calling or trite innuendo.  I always read the responses with the hope of finding some good debate but most people just throw quips and nonsense around without defending a position with actual facts.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True

She too Surrel for me to think about, or can vote on.

"Sarah Palin is the Republican equivalent of Barack Obama."

You gotta be kidding. Obama actually knows a lot about government, international affairs, our court system and law and much more.

Palin knows how to skin a moose but not much more.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"You gotta be kidding. Obama actually knows a lot about government, international affairs,"

As evidenced by his subservient bows to other heads of State.

The one thing he should know is the President of the United States should never be seen as weak.

They must not teach that at Harvard.

2. secularist10 profile image60
          secularist10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ralph:

Palin knows plenty of stuff. She was a Governor, after all. There are precious few political leaders that are really well-versed in the things you mentioned. For example, a study was done asking members of Congress what the difference between Sunni and Shia is. The majority, of course, had no clue. And this was several years ago when the Iraq War was a top political issue.

Obama has more book knowledge, I will definitely give you that. And that, ironically, plays right into my argument: book knowledge and academic prowess are highly valued by liberals, but "common sense" and real-world experience are more highly valued by conservatives. As a general rule.

Beyond book knowledge and lofty ideals, Obama has shown himself to be largely ineffective. Ineffective in a way that is different from how Palin would be ineffective, to be sure. But ineffective nonetheless.

To touch on Jim's point, while Obama bows to heads of state (a breech of normal diplomatic etiquette, at the very least), Palin would probably hang a moose head in the Oval Office or something.

So it's six in one.

Obama is hardly ineffective--in two years he signed a health care reform bill that every Democratic president since Truman tried and failed to do; he negotiated a nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia and revived the Palestine peace talks both of which Bush neglected; and he signed bills that pulled the country back from the brink of a deep recession and provided for more effective regulation of banks.

1. secularist10 profile image60

Obama is largely ineffective, not totally. He has done some stuff, just as Palin would do some stuff if she were in power, but not really solving the fundamental problems this country faces.

The healthcare bill is a big accomplishment if you support it. But what was the purpose of it? To reduce healthcare costs and expand coverage (I guess). It will not reduce costs in the long run, and it expands coverage only slightly and in the most inefficient and wasteful way possible.

What, for example, would have been so complicated about putting everyone on medicare? A one page bill, and you're done. Throw in some goodies for the conservatives like competition across state lines and malpractice reform, and you get a broadly supported bill for universal healthcare. One can measure "accomplishment" by the number of pages in the bill, but I sure don't.

Oh, and on Israel/ Palestine--no change. Same old, same old. The Israel lobby are still turning their tricks on the hill, and Obama shows no signs of really breaking the conventional wisdom that says America will defend Israel no matter what.

Bank regs-- not impressive. Aside from Volcker, Obama has been palling around with the same kinds of folks--Geithner, Summers, Rubin--that were in charge back in the 90s when the foundation was being laid for this financial collapse. Thus Obama has not shown an ability to grasp that there are fundamental, structural problems with the American economy that have been in the works for decades.

Economics is not his forte, so he defers to the stodgy Democratic old guard aforementioned, who all buy into the Reagan-style neoliberal worldview. Result: some change, some window dressing, but no REAL solutions.

My main point is that both Obama and Palin are sexy celebrities within their respective parties. They are not innovative reformers, but rather defer to their party's conventional wisdom on the world, plus some exciting rhetoric thrown in. That's what I mean by ineffective--effective for the party wisdom, but ineffective for the real problems of the country.

3. secularist10 profile image60

Ha, I thought this thread was dead for a while.

Couture Pop Cafe:
        Thanks! Yes, real debate is so much more interesting than the boring old name-calling and uncreative stuff like that. Problem is--real debate is when people actually risk being proven wrong.

BTW, I didn't mention that both Palin and Obama are physically attractive. That seems to carry some currency nowadays.

11. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

One simple answer: she's a liar.

Check out this link if you need any elaboration:
    http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/t … undup.html

12. lovemychris profile image76

Really? I'm so sick of looking at her!...and hearing....that voice....like nails on a chalk board. makes my teeth grind.

13. profile image57
    KenoNashposted 13 years ago

Ms. Palin didn't help herself any when she couldn't come up with an answer as to what she read. I mean, really, she couldn't have winged it by saying Time or Newsweek magazines? The real problem, though, are the people we elect to higher office. They've become so afraid of saying something wrong, they end up sounding... well for lack of a better word, stupid. Did it really matter if Ms. Palin could find Liberia on a map when most Americans have a hard time of it themselves? And why did we care if she had foreign affairs experience? Harry Truman had been in the Senate 12 years and didn't have much knowledge himself. Had something happened to McCain, Palin would have found herself surrounded by experts fast. Does anyone out there really want to see Joe Biden stumbling around with the nuclear briefcase? I don't, but somehow I feel things would somehow work out. Christine O'Donnell could have done herself a lot of good by turning the question around concerning the Supreme
    Court and going off on a general rant about why she didn't like the court in general, thus, never actually answering the question. Alas, we all saw how she fared. Public servants, in my opinion, should be just that- servants. Half the blue collar people I know could have run the country as well as George W. Bush. Maybe a few could have done better. And let's be truthful, President Obama doesn't seem to be much of a genius either. I'd rather have people who have worked all their lives, know how to balance a checkbook, and have no experience in Washington running the country. The only virtue they should have is common sense. (And the ability to be as honest as possible when they need to be, and the ability to punt when they have to!) Ms. Palin, and Ms. O'Donnell, if they can do either, certainly didn't display it when they needed to. So why are they so disliked? That's something we all have to look into a mirror and think about to truly understand. Politics is an ugly business that brings out the worst in people. That's the nature of the beast, and it's plagued our country right from the very start. If only there were easy answers... what a wonderful world it could be. Maybe. That is to say, certainly. That is to say, certainly, maybe. Or, as our founding fathers were fond of saying, freedom of the press was meant to protect television as well... except on Sundays, or something like that. Next question please!

14. lovemychris profile image76

Well, since you brought up Sunday...church day...here are 2 women who claim to be religious, yet act just the opposite.

Do as I say, not as I do seems to be the MO....phony and hypocritical. I'd rather have someone say "don't ask me about my beliefs..ask me what I'm going to do for America." Plus, I don't get the feel of agape love from these 2 ...just the opposite in fact. More like agape hate.

15. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

"I personally detest Mrs. Palin because she is a two-faced, opportunistic, ego-maniacal liar."

Mighty Mom, I agree with your totally!  She is a phony and not what she portrays herself to be.  She says the meanest, sarcastic things and smiles when she says them.  Her words are like the bite of a viper!

16. JayDeck profile image61
    JayDeckposted 13 years ago

Because there isn't an original thought in that pretty little head of hers.

17. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

She's a believer in primitive supernatural divinities.
    She has not mentally/intellectually evolved.
    She represents mankind at its lowest level of adult maturity.
    She's a good lookin' woman sans brains.
    She's a female, political absurdity!
    She'll fool alota FOOLS and there's a fool born every minute!
    Emotion controls the American voter at the polls.
    I'm an American.
    The American voter scares the hell outa me!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60

I used to like you, qwark.  hmm

1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Couture:
        Lolol...hey we just have to agree to disagree...:-)
        Wouldn't this be a boring world if we all agreed? ...sure!   :-)

But why shouldn't women be in politics?  Surely women can't do worse than you guys have done!  Let's hear you argue that one.

On second thought, I retract that statement.

1. qwark profile image59
            qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad ya retracted that Couture.
            There's nuthin' wrong with sane, talented, aspiring women runnin' for political offices or doin' anything their li'l hearts desire.
            That leaves Palin outa the picture!
            See, I ain't so bad...lol   :-)

18. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

As long as the news channels keep heading down the path off attacking the opposite party rather than getting down to business, this will never stop.

Sarah Palin is going to be a big time flop to at least 50% of the United States no matter what. Its always easier to point the blame at someone else, when everyone is in the wrong.

19. Mighty Mom profile image77

Women absolutely should be in politics -- and are.
    I would have loved nothing better than to break that giant glass ceiling with a woman POTUS.
    I still hope for that in my lifetime.

Unfortunately, women who parade themselves around scantily clad in running shorts and short skirts and winking and overtly flirting instead of thinking -- like Sarah Palin does -- set the cause of women back at least 100 years.

She is a phenomenal rabble rouser. The word "messianic" comes to mind, actually.

WOW!  No offense intended, MightyMom, but what ever happened to equality and all that?  I agree that a Presidential candidate should be discreet in all things, but winking?  Really?  And messianic?  We are still talking about Palin, right, and not Obama?  Sorry, had to throw that one in.  You know I usually don't play dirty.

If you do not remember Palin winking you DID NOT SEE the debate with Biden.
        She relays only on her good looks and I doubt that will impress many world leaders, but certainly impresses many empty heads ready to declare her America's best hope for president

20. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

When I first learned of Palin, I really liked her, but after I learned more about her, I found her phony and scary. But folks, believe me when I tell you that she has a large following - and that really scares me!

I don't like politicians of either extreme - right or left - yet it seems that that's all we're getting these days, for the most part.

21. TheSenior profile image60
    TheSeniorposted 13 years ago

People dislike Sara Palin sooo much because it's what she represents.  Getting back to the original meaning of the Constitution - and one of them being Life as opposed to abortion.

She also represents freedom for women which I feel that NOW is against because Sara doesn't represent Their beliefs.  She is a conservitative and too many people just want govt handouts.

She wants responsibility in govt and liberals just want big govt.  She is also a Threat to the liberals way of life.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope.

People don't like her because she's goofy.    lol   

Also:

Points off for some of stuff she does with/says about her own kids.
      Points off for a lot of things she does/doesn't say.
      Points off because one of her big claims to fame is all that animal-killing she seems so proud of.
      Points off because she shows none of the traits associated with a person who is extremely intelligent (which is what people want/need in someone in high office).
      If you hear any number of other women politicians/leaders, and then if you hear something Sarah Palin said, the contrast in professional demeanor and substance is striking.  Points off.

and just  lots of points off because she comes across as phony and goofy.

smile

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't disagree with everything that Palin stands for, but she's too extreme for me.

23. Mighty Mom profile image77

Touche Couturepopcafe. I hadn't thought of the "charisma" of Obama -- he never, ever had that effect on me. I was never an Obamaphile, although now that he is president, I support him.

What I meant (and yes, I was still talking about Palin specifically) is her blatantly using her sex appeal. It's great to know that she runs and keeps in shape. But do we have to see her in hot pants on the cover of magazines? What is the message she is really sending? It's a bit inconsistent with the whole Christian/abstinence thing (no wonder Bristol didn't pay attention).

I've said this before, too. I do not believe that just having "folksy common sense" qualifies you to run a city, a state, or the USA. That's just my opinion.

And yes, she's snarky and mean to boot. The only way she gets away with saying the nasty stuff she says is because she uses her looks.
    I don't agree she represents freedom for women. Not at all.

24. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 13 years ago

Because the voice is a source of many migraines.

25. Jillian Barclay profile image73
    Jillian Barclayposted 13 years ago

Many people dislike Palin because she lies, has no knowledge or understanding of current issues and is a walking one-liner. A 'bumper sticker every minute' mentality and style of communicating!

The woman is not stupid, but she capitalizes on sounding stupid. It is a money maker and that is her goal. Making money! In fact, she may become the Donald Trump of Stupid!

Palin is worse then stupid; she is IGNORANT - for anyone that graduated middle school not to know the Founding Fathers or be able to name ONE single Supreme Court decision she disagrees with is outrageous.
      Let's not even talk about naming one newspaper; that would be asking too much

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, geez, no kidding!
        She could have gone with plessy/fergusson (sp?), the one that upheld separate but equal (and was later overturned by Brown v Board of Education). Or if she wanted to be more current, she could have gone with the more recent decision allowing a local government to use eminent domain to boot people out of their homes so their homes can be turned into...more expensive homes.

She's like a poor student who wears her ignorance like a badge, and then when she goes to sit the final exam, she realizes "Oh, crap, maybe I should have studied!"

I don't hate Sarah Palin.  I just don't get how so many people imagine that she's qualified to run around the block, much less run a country.

26. Mighty Mom profile image77
    1. Jillian Barclay profile image73
      Jillian Barclayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Possibly the best video I have seen to date! I love it! Thank you!

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Brilliant.

27. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

folksy common sense is for  getting along with neighbors or for girl scout leaders.. it might come in handy in local political office.

if leaving office is her representation of freedom for women, I learned a different concept of freedom while growing up. I was always taught that being responsible grants freedom.

28. Mighty Mom profile image77

You're right, RE and Petra. Not only ignorant, but proud of being ignorant. That's soooo dangerous.

We seem to have quite a cadre of anti-Mama Grizzlies here on HP.
    Maybe we should come up with a catchy name for ourselves!

How about SPIT
    Stop Palin In her Tracks

29. Mighty Mom profile image77

There are quite a few to choose from. A good one with Tina Fey on Letterman talking about Sarah Palin's voice.
    Another good one called "Don't Trust Me" -- it's a song, but has explicit words so I was afraid to post it lest I get banned. Tee hee!

30. Debby Bruck profile image64
    Debby Bruckposted 13 years ago

Have you watch the parodies? They have to get that material from somewhere.

31. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"Why do people dislike Sara Palin SO MUCH?"

I don't like her because she is pretty.

But I love Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi.

1. profile image0
      rakubaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you love Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi?

Do you really find Sara Palin pretty?

Pretty empty head

What State are you Governor of?

If they gave IQ tests for governor's Sarah wouldn't have made it. (I agree she's smarter than Michelle Bachman, Christine O'Donnell and Sharron Angle.)

"If they gave IQ tests for governor's Sarah wouldn't have made it."

Have you ever heard of Joe Biden?

You must have, he said this bit of brilliance.

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S. Jobs."''

The only person dumber is the guy who chose him to be his Vice President nominee.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72

Ralph, Palin isn't stupid. Just galactically ignorant.

32. csmcmanus profile image61
    csmcmanusposted 13 years ago

I think she is kinda hot. When ever she speaks though, I have to mute the sound. lol

33. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://flowtv.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jokerpalin.jpg

Lipstick on a pig, anyone?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha!....must be tuf being anyone in the public eye! ...and with the internet to boot!  lol

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think this is actually a better picture of The Joker.

http://gossipinbitches.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/obamajoker.jpg

lol lol

And let's not forget his House sidekick http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/pelosi-joker.jpg?w=500&h=738

34. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

They hate her because she dared to make Obama and the dummycrats look like the out of control, out of touch elitist fat cats that they really are.  The Big Zero and the Democranks are so smart that they made a bad situation even worse lol  I didn't think they could do that but they did! 

They also hate her because she successfully does the unexpected.  They bullied her to resign as governor expecting she'll stay home chastened, instead she comes out like gangbusters on the national scene, makes big money as an analyst for Fox where she gets a much bigger audience than any of the three lamestream media, publishes books that sell better than Clinton's and Obama's, and supports candidates that can get elected.  Meanwhile, the Big No-Hope have his fellow democrats running away when he stumps in their state.  She has become a kingmaker and she has more power, influence, and money than she ever had as governor or vice-president elect.  You go Barracuda!

I have never been more entertained than in the past two years when I observe the political scene lol

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well you should have observed bush's 8 years...obama might have looked kid in front of him as far as entertaining masses is concerned...bush was more entertaining than all fun movies combined...m sure only palin can beat him...

Still can't get over Bush huh?  Meanwhile a recent poll has Bush with higher numbers as preferred president than Obama as president! lol lol I couldn't make that up if I tried. big_smile

m not talking about poll..people might end up rating bush over lincoln...i dont mind that...i am talking on ability to make people laugh world over...bush has site dedicated with his famous dialogues...he was truly entertaining man and one of his kind...no one can ever replace him...let us see if palin has got it in her to replace him...

You obviously haven't seen the Obama outtakes.  There's a lot of them with his butt in the air.

well i understand you have some strong views on obama but ...bush was outstanding and incomparable...he was one of his kind...

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Bush

who can match bush?...no one before him and no one after him in times to come...bush was my favorite..

Good for you! I don't bother really remembering anything that the Big Nope says since it's all a lot of hot air to me.

35. Mighty Mom profile image77

Sarah Palin: Ms. Conspiracy for president?

From The Washington Post -- stumbled upon this as I was scrolling through the election results. (see end of this post for full text).

But first I must respond to a comment Flightkeeper made a few hours back:

WHO?WHO BULLIED HER TO RESIGN AS GOVERNOR? OH,MAYBE THAT'S PART OF THE GIANT CONSPIRACY MENTIONED IN THE WP ARTICLE BELOW. MAYBE IT WAS KATIE COURIC AND CBS.

GLAD YOU SAID "PUBLISHES" INSTEAD OF 'WRITES' AS SHE DID NOT WRITE HER BOOK. AND OF COURSE, LOW BROW, PULP LIT WILL ALWAYS OUTSELL ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU HAVE TO THINK AS YOU READ IT!

CHRISTINE O'DONNELL WAS NEVER ELECTABLE AND ACTUALLY COST THE GOP BIDEN'S DELAWARE SEAT.   

By Richard Cohen
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The mind of the demagogue is a foreign country. It has a strange culture, enemies that only the natives can see, a passion about the ridiculous and a blowtorch kind of sincerity that incinerates logical thinking. On Sunday, the custodian of one such blowtorch was on Fox News. I am speaking, of course, of Sarah Palin.

She was charming, amusing and believable. When Chris Wallace asked her about any presidential ambitions, she did not coyly say that she had not given the matter any thought. Instead, she said that if her party needed her, if her country needed her, if the need for her was truly great, then she would sacrifice her freedom of movement, the privacy she enjoys with her family - never mind their tabloid lifestyle and addiction to publicity - and give it all up and run for president. All over the nation, a fair number of Republicans reached for the antacid. Oy!

A Palin presidential candidacy, Politico tells us, would give the GOP establishment a near-fatal case of hives. The leadership generally considers her to be both unelectable and uneducable. (She seems hardly better informed than when she was a lone sentry, binoculars trained on nearby - and forewarned - Russia.) A recent Post-ABC News poll showed that only 39 percent of voters viewed her favorably and a still lower figure, 27 percent, considered her qualified to be president. (Who are these people?) But as Republican leaders know, Palin's numbers are much higher among their own rank and file. With conservative Republicans, 55 percent think she's qualified to be president - and among Tea Party types, she wins by acclamation. The nomination, please.

John McCain's little joke is turning out not to be so funny. In choosing Palin as his running mate, he set a standard for political recklessness that I hope will never be bettered. Still, it would be reckless in itself to transfer McCain's cynicism to Palin. This is the constant mistake made with all demagogues. We think that they cannot be serious or sincere - that if we could be a fly on the wall we would hear them mocking their own followers as imbecilic. History teaches otherwise.
    ad_icon

Palin's Sunday performance was instructive. This was the show in which she said that the CBS affiliate in Anchorage, KTVA, is staffed by "corrupt bastards." This demure protest from the Evita of the North was a response to a tape in which the station's staffers were overheard saying they would look for a child molester at a campaign stop for senatorial candidate Joe Miller, whom Palin endorsed. "You know that of all the people that will show up tonight, at least one of them will be a registered sex offender," one of the staffers said. Case closed.

But hold on. How do you find a sex offender in a crowd? Do you go from person to person asking, "S'cuse me, but are you a sex offender?" Because if that is not done, then I can't see how you can ever find one. Do sex offenders wear special uniforms? No. It's obvious then that these staffers were joking - playing into the Palin stereotype of them as liberal hacks who would do anything to destroy her. This is what she believes and she recited the story with such obvious conviction that when she ended with the "corrupt bastards" tag, it seemed downright appropriate.

The fierce stupidity of this woman is hard to comprehend. It is the well from which she draws her political sustenance. It explains why she did not pause to wonder about the tape and the sheer impracticality of finding a sex offender in a crowd. This sincerity, uncomplicated by any sophistication whatsoever, is what fuels her considerable charisma. The fact that KTVA is only a CBS affiliate and the staffers not CBS employees did not give Palin pause. To her, this was Katie Couric's CBS, the network she thinks so unfairly skewered her by asking, for instance, what newspapers she reads. It's all a seamless conspiracy of them - they and them and those and them and all those elites who . . . she'll show 'em.

The Republican establishment, so supine when McCain made his choice and so gleeful when Palin attacked Democrats, cannot get this particular genie back in the bottle. Palin has become a force, and anyone who watched her Sunday had to conclude that she might well run for president. The polls say she can't win. I betcha Palin thinks she can't lose.

cohenr@washpost.com

Katie Couric is nothing.  Palin was dealing with intrapolitical hassles in Alaska and she made the smart decision to quit.  Stupid people have called her a quitter but by doing so she was able carve out a much larger role for herself on a national level.

That's true the very erudite, sexually insatiable, but prosaically verbose Bill Clinton wrote his own snoozeroo of a book that thousands of democrats now use as a doorstop!

Christine O'Donnell was not the only tea party candidate, Palin did support more than one and more than a few have won their elections.

Also, the RINOs that Cohen is referring to? They are the next to go.

36. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

"The fierce stupidity of this woman is hard to comprehend."

I think that is a great summarization to why people dislike Palin so much.  She is stupid, and a really awful person to boot.

37. Mighty Mom profile image77

Personally, I think "stupidity" is not the right word.
    As someone said earlier in this thread, Sarah Palin is definitely not stupid. She is cunning and clever but ignorant.
    I like this author's use of the word "uneducable" -- that, combined with her sheer arrogance and presumption -- is galling.

I firmly believe that by 2012 the political climate in these here United States will be very, very different. The pendulum will be swinging back in the opposite direction. I mean really, when the GOP takes control of Congress, what will the tea partiers have to complain about???

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true.

38. Mighty Mom profile image77

Actually, the Washington Post has a really nifty little tracker as part of their election coverage tonight that is called "Palin Tracker." It shows a map with all the candidates Palin had endorsed and how they are faring in the election.
    When I last checked (maybe 1 hour ago) her record was 5 wins and 2 losses -- not bad. Lots of other endorsements still to be determined.

I do not disagree with you that leaving office in Alaska has given Palin a much bigger platform and absolutely more power than she would have as Veep. Which makes me question whether or why she would want to get off the gravy train to run for POTUS.
    BTW, saw a charming advert for "Sarah Palin's Alaska" the 8-part miniseries that's coming up. Oh boy!

Why shouldn't she run? If an underachieving, melodic blowhard like Obama can run and win, I don't see why she can't.

39. Mighty Mom profile image77

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp … n_tracker/

Sure, let her run. That would be great entertainment.
    She can have Christine O'Donnell as her Secretary of State.

Speaking of Secretary of State, Hillary was smart to run far from this disastrous Democratic mid-term election and be conveniently in Southeast Asia somewhere.  She always was a very canny politician.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would just love to see her talking in tongues to the UN  smile
      The woman is a religious fanatic and an idiot.

I have grass on my lawn smarter than she is.

I don't think Palin is stupid, just ignorant and uninformed about key political, economic and international facts and issues.

40. EduardoEstrella profile image58
    EduardoEstrellaposted 13 years ago

If Sarah Palin knew anything about how to resolve any of the major issues tthat we face then maybe I would like her.  But she doesn't know Jack.  And that scares the living S*** out of me.  The fact that a person of such limited intelligence can make it to one of the the highest positions in public is indecent of us.

41. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Right On EduardoEstrella, well said.

42. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

In my humble opinion it's professional jealousy. Sarah Palin has accomplished a great deal even without considering her VP nomination. Has anyone else here been a governor? Obviously not. So naturally people are upset when they can't claim the same accomplishments.

And the same can be said about Bristol and her DWTS stint. No one else here has been on DWTS at $50,000 each performance. But it's alright, people. Some are destined for greatness -- others not.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)