How can I Increase my Followers

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (48 posts)
  1. ANewsLine profile image59
    ANewsLineposted 13 years ago

I am New on Hub pages and I want To Know How can I Increase my Followers and Visitors

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to write quality hubs that interests people.. looks like you may have some interesting topics.. just took a quick peek. Interact on the forums like you are doing now..

Read and comment on the hubs of other hubbers and soon people will follow you if they like what you do..

Reading  up the Help section and the FAQ's will help you get started real smart.  here you go..

http://hubpages.com/faq

ANewsLineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank You so Much

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Three easy steps...

1) Publish 50 quality hubs.

2) Never ask for people to follow you.

3) Wait.

Then repeat the process.

1. ImChemist profile image58
        ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why 50 quality hubs ? i like to start slowly !

3. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you're also asking why no one is following you yet. It's because you've only written one article and there are several things that need to be done to fix it up.

1) Break it up. Make it easy for others to read.
      2) Your English needs to be better. One can tell it's not an English speaker writing it because some of the words are incorrect and don't make sense.
      3) Not everybody is interested in the topic. You either need a topic that a lot of people find very interesting or you need to write on a broad variety of topics so that there is something for everyone.
      4) It doesn't really matter if you have a thousand hits per day from Hub readers. What you need are readers that come from outside Hub. To do that, you need to write in a way that the search engines pick up your hub and put it on the first page of google. You do that by writing something that nobody else has written about before. What you have written about is written about so many times that it would be difficult to get ranked highly. One of the ways around that is to do a tiny particular aspect like, "How to use black Kohl to make the eyes look larger."

Hope that helps. smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I doubt that the OP wrote it. A quick search shows that there are multiple copies of that article around the Internet.

1. profile image0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's interesting.

I have been wondering about that because several of the articles I have been reading look as if they've been written in another language and then put through an automatic language translator.

I've checked a few. Yesterday, one was a straight copy from a news service.

Didn't check this one.

1. kschang profile image87
            kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's called a "rewriter". They are used to cheat their way past plagiarism scanners.

4. kschang profile image87

I don't bother with followers at all.

If they like my topic, they'll follow. If they don't they don't.

"Follow" is not like "friend" on Facebook. Having more of them doesn't make you any more money.

5. 6 String Veteran profile image67
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Visit various forums on topics you like and are knowledgeable about. It's a way to introduce yourself to other Hubbers while sharing your thoughts. You may make some friends and get some followers along the way.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

The description on your profile page has several errors, that doesn't help. You need to write in impeccable English.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  A typo or two is understandable, but profiles should be as grammatically correct as possible.

2. ANewsLine profile image59

ok Thank You

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

quality content will bring you both followers and visitors. learn SEO basics and take the advice of sofs and website examiner. I saw you are from Lahore and may be that's why your English is poor. try to improve your English, at least give your level best to write proper English within your limitation. My English is also poor but you know, you can always learn and improve if you try.

1. unico hijo profile image61
      unico hijoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thread about the need for impeccable English to succeed in HubPages. Out of curiosity, can anybody tell from my hubs whether or not English is my first language?

1. profile image0

It was I who used the word "impeccable." But I was referring to the profile page, not hubs. The reason is that the profile page is the most visited page of all, the one many will check out when considering whether to become a follower - which is what this thread is about.

What I wrote above was: "The description on your profile page has several errors, that doesn't help. You need to write in impeccable English."

Hubs merely have to be written in legible, reasonably correct English, in my opinion. For me, English as a first or second language is not an issue.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

It takes awhile to get followers, but outside traffic is what really counts if your aim to earn.  If you're having some little trouble with English, run the spell-checker on everything you write, including your profile.  A lot of things get picked up that way.  Usually, a few minor flaws with English grammar aren't a big problem.  Using the spell-checker can help people catch some of the more common things that happen when English is a second language.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed and the community always help to improve that I have experienced.

ok

2. rickyrt44 profile image60
        rickyrt44posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i would like to have some followers. if anyone would like to read my articles

i read your article and follow you please follow me

2. ANewsLine profile image59

Nice Comments Thanks For sharing

1. YU_First 1 profile image60
        YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writers are wary of people who force their hand.

They dislike being asked to follow for following's sake.

They will follow if the content justifies their following.

Generate quality content it will come naturally.

5. luvly4luv profile image80
    luvly4luvposted 13 years ago

i beleive u have learnt enough lesson on how u can get follower.me too need d idea cos i just hav only 2 followers. But i  now realise dat to get followers,u must b a follower! So start following people so u will b followed. I hav startd following u and i hope u too will do so to me. Tanx

1. profile image0

The race to the bottom is on.

1. profile image0
        cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WE,

Give them time and things will improve along with writing and followers!

1. profile image0

All writers on HubPages deserve a few followers, in my opinion, at least for moral support. However, hubbers whose contribution consists in content copied off the Internet do not. Following such people to gain new followers sets a bad example for others, because it signals that duplicate content and plagiarism is OK.

There is a better way! I have written a hub on how to avoid duplicate content by writing a review, instead. Also, I am currently working with other hubbers to set up affordable proofreading services especially for hubbers who have English as their second or third language.

1. profile image0
            cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WE,

Sounds like a good idea!

2. kschang profile image87

Disagree. I maybe follow one or two people.

I don't follow people just because they followed me. If they don't write things about which I care about I don't see why I should follow them at all.

If you trade "follows" then you are just "gaming" the system, not really doing Hubpages any good.

6. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Followers will come.

I've found that followers are great to have, but going out of your way is just a waste of time. Spend time making hubs, all I can say.

1. simeonvisser profile image69
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, focus on your hubs. If they are good people will follow you because they want to see more of your writing. There's no point in trying to convince people to follow when they have no desire to follow you.

1. profile image0

True, but easier said than done if writing in proper English is an issue.

7. profile image0

I posted this question about following hubbers without original content:

http://hubpages.com/question/91764/do-h … -followers

8. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

Wow.... Some of these responses sound as though they are coming from teachers and not fellow hubbers.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, why do you think that fellow hubbers can teach you? We teach each other and learn together.

2. profile image0

Somehow that doesn't sound like a compliment...

Mrs. J.B., I really look forward to seeing your new avatar, when you get one.

9. Mrs. J. B. profile image60

Fellow hubbers can encourage you to write about topics that you like, how to make titles more interesting etc. NOt correct your spelling, say that your topics are boring etc. that is what I meant by my comment.

1. profile image0

You may not be surprised that I disagree. When someone comes here for advice on how to attract new followers, and it turns out their profile page is written in broken English that is hard to understand, that is a problem. Ignoring it wouldn't help anyone.

It is easy to be nice and friendly. Sometimes, the truth hurts, and telling the truth is not always easy either.

10. Mrs. J. B. profile image60

Okay send me to the chopping block if you like.

1. profile image0

Please get an avatar, I look forward to seeing it.

11. Mrs. J. B. profile image60

I will work on it.

1. profile image0

Thanks!

12. Mrs. J. B. profile image60

I jus have to find the right picture to have turned into a cartoon figure.. Maybe a horses ass will work....

13. Mrs. J. B. profile image60

OH NO I left the T off of the word just... Yes I think a horses ass will be just perfect

1. profile image0

Just for your information, not trying to lecture you: You do have the option to edit forum posts for about 4 hours after you posted.

I read your profile page description; I liked it very much.

1. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
        Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information but once I post that's it. Mistakes or not.. I am still in the computer for dummies phase. Level 101. I have a feeling I just might not graduate.
        Thanks for reading my profile page. I am pretty boring if you think about it.

14. profile image0

Interesting avatar, Mrs. J.B.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)