animal abuse

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)
  1. megan54 profile image57
    megan54posted 14 years ago

MANY PEOPLE USE ANIMAL ABUSE TO TAKE OUT ANGER IN PROBLEMS OF FAMILY OR HUMAN RELATED THINGS BUT ANIMALS HOW DID  THEY BECOME PART OF THE NEGLECT STORY MANY ANIMALS ARE ABUSED EVERY DAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER -CLIMATES-STARVATION-ANIMAL ATTACKS-AND THE MOST OF ALL HIMANS WE ARE THE NUMBER ONE OF ALL THOSE CAUSES WE HAVE TO BE THE TOP OF ANIMAL NEGLECT WHY THOUGH SOME PEOPLE FEEL AS IF TAKING ANGER OUT ON A POOR HELPLESS ANIMAL WILL MAKE THEM FEEL BETTER AND LIKE THE ANIMAL WONT CARE BUT THAT REALLY HURTS OUR ANIMALS MANY DGS AND CATS ARE TIED ONTO POST WITH CHAINS AND WHEN YOU YANK THAT CHAIN OR LEAVE IT RUSTING HAVE YOU EVER THOU8GHT THAT MAYBE IT HURTS THEIR NECKS WOULD YOU WANT A DOG TO TIE A CHAIN AROUND YOIU NECK AND JUST LEAVE YOU HANGING NO I DIDNT THINK SO AND WHEN YOU GO TO HIT OF NOT FEED ANOTHER DOG THINK ABOUT WHAT IF DOGS DID IT BACK THEY CANT DO IT WITH THEIR PAWS THEY CANT FIGHT BACK I THINK WE HUMANS SHOULD FIGHT FOR THE MILLIONS OF DOGS THAT GET ABUSED AND NEGLCTED EVERYDAY CAUSE MANY OF US DONT THINK ABOUT HOW THE ANIMALS FEEL ABOUT WHAT YOUR DOING

1. Amanda Sylvia profile image61
      Amanda Sylviaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that you are absolutely right... dog and cats have it hard in this world. My heart breaks for any animal who suffers. I am sure that you are aware, though many are not, that other less agknoweledged animals suffer as well. The scariest part of that is that we EAT them. We  EAT all the fear, and pain and stress these animals have experienced. Cows being punched and chickens being spat at... what has the world come to? Its time for all of us to stand up for what we believe in!!!!

2. de'Arab profile image55
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is called dissociative disorder, this is when the suckers are too much of a coward to confront the real person or situation  that gets to them so they take it out on their poor defenseless pets.I love animals so much and it gets me so angry when I hear stuff like that.

1. de'Arab profile image55
        de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it is called displacement anxiety.

1. rudydog1092 profile image61
          rudydog1092posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping I have the right person.The one with the Macaw that went to Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic? If you are the right person,I'm here to tell you I have a hearing with the AZ./State Medical Board this Nov.2,2010 at 1 c'clock.They mis treated my little dog even after death.If you are the person,Please say a little prayer for me.They need to stop !!!!!!!

3. arizona cardinals profile image58
      arizona cardinalsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutly right about that. I think that the Arizona's lawman needs to be more strict on animal abuse. I also think that the people who do animal abuse needs to go to jail for a while or til they learn how to not abuse animals. I think that people are always saying that they are way better than the animals they abuse. The people think that the animals have no feelings so the people can do whatever they whant to do the animals.I am in love with animals so it hurts me to see a animal suffer or to hear a animal wimper in pain.One day I was haviong a Garadge sale and then I heard a meow.I looked behind a bush and saw a wounded cat I then called my mom and we took the wounded cat to the vet.I was feeling so sad that I prayed in my head that the cat woulld live and be able to go on living.I actualy go on caring for my animals even though the animals will get hurt I will always love and care for them.I have alot of animals at my house so I feel extremly sad when a animal gets realy hurt from somebody beats up an animal and leaves the animals to die.I am completely against animal abuse if there was one thing I could do it  would be to make a law saying thhat if you hurt any animals that you will be put in jail for at least fourty years and if the animal dies then you should be put to death by injection. I would be very sad and veryangry that the animal had to go through that abuse and mistreatment and also that pain/neglect.Please I am begging you to save the animals and not hurt or kill them.

2. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Animal cruelty makes me sick in the stomach and cry in buckets!!!!

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I don't think anyone should abuse any animal unless it's chewing on you and then it's on!

1. Anesidora profile image60
      Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sneako! How ya doin? Great to see you, man! I hope all is good with you and your's.

4. my last breath profile image60
    my last breathposted 14 years ago

agreed. no animal deserves to suffer. im the guardian of a dog and 3 cats. and theyre my children. everyone in my town knows not to even touch any of my babies. they know theyll regret it. i am strongly for animal rights and even want to join an activist group

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Dear God No! Just remember peta is a sandwich spelt wrong!big_smile

2. rudydog1092 profile image61

If you are here in Scottsdale Az.We have a group of people that stand in front of a mall on Marshall Way and Camelback peaceful protesting against Pet Stores selling dogs that come from Puppy Mills now thats abuse.The group meets at 10:30 every Saturday,if I'm not there ask for Susan and tell her Ronda sent you.This goes for aany one who wants to stop this abuse.Thanks

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

My heart breaks for animals, but sometimes animal rights groups make things worse without realizing it. For example, I'm totally against horse slaughter, and it was outlawed in the US. Now horses are shipped from here to Canada and Mexico to be killed. They have to endure thousands of miles of travel in a crowded trailer with no food or water for days. Another example: for years cattle slaughterhouses used a .22 balling gun to the head to kill the cows. It was relatively quick and accurate. One of the animal groups thought it was cruel, so now, instead of the .22, in some plants cows are merely stunned by a jolt of electricity, then hoisted up by one hind leg to have their throats cut. If I had to choose one of these methods to end my life, I'd take the shot to the head any day. Another one: animal testing in labs. Because of pressure from animal rights groups, many US companies moved their testing to China, where there is NO oversight! At least in the US, the animals were afforded basic care.

I'll say it again: there's a special place in Hell for those who abuse children, the elderly, the handicapped, and animals!!

habee I agree with you nicely to the point

6. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Wherever it is at I do not approve animal testing, and though some animal rights groups are ridiculous and things do go not as planned...they are necessary.

Some of their methods, like in PETA, are questionable...its debatable.

Anyhoo, definitely pisses me off when animals are abused. In the end...whether it be a dog or another human.

7. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

Animal abuse sickens me. That said, I'm by no means an animal rights activist...

I would only say that animal abusers should have tougher and longer prison terms. I don't see how it's any different than child abuse, to be honest...you're still beating up on something that can't possibly understand WHY

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

When we either adopt or purchase a pet we are responsible for them. Harming a animal is just cruel, heartless and inhumane. I believe if you cannot be responsible as a person because they count on you, then do not own a pet! Fighting them,beating them, starving them, leaving them in the elements is just plain heartless! An animal just like a child wants to be loved, played with, taken care of I could not imagine being cruel to our pets and we were blessed to have them and are very proud doggie owners! smile

I so agree with you .We need to stop these puppy Mills have you ever seen these dogs and what they go through.Just one Saturday around 10:30am take a walk on the corner of Marshall Way and Camelback and look at the signs.Hope you live in Scottsdale,AZ

9. DaniellaWood profile image72
    DaniellaWoodposted 14 years ago

I don't understand any human who abuses an animal. I just don't understand. How could you hurt such innocent, vunerable creatures? We humans are animals ourselves, and that's something we often forget due to our developed brains.
    You're right - who WOULD want to be tied up with a chain around their neck and yanked around? It's painful & inhumane as well as anger provoking from the animal's point of view...and people wonder why animals bite? Because they're scared of these humans who come and abuse them for apparently no reason and so are overly defensive of themselves; their only methods of defence are their teeth and claws. What do we expect?
    Domestic animals like dogs and cats rely on us to look after them; to feed them; to exercise them; to play with them; to love them. If you can't do that, don't buy a pet. Simple.

Please don't buy a pet from a pet store they come from puppy mills and those dogs are so mistreated lets try and stop the puppy mills and save all the unwanted dogs and cats in all the Shelters Please everyone

10. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

One day animals will evolve to speak up and then we'll be in for it, especially the abusers, but us humans too, they will talk back instead of looking at you and then they will declare that we are fools and call us stupid humans and they will revolt against us and it will be war.....the humans against the animals, which meat is tastier.....all tastes like chicken!!

Then it'll be the animals calling the shots and taking us for walks and getting left in kennels for two weeks whilst they go on vacation.

Animal abuse is just not on and anyone caught doing it should be beaten up and nailed to a wall, because we all live in this world, animals too and they at the moment can't do anything about it, no one to tell!

I once saw this old man who walks with his dog, and it's probably his only friend or something and he drags it on his lead and shouts at it and so I once said to him, you cruel F*&ker!! and he said oh never mind, he's old, he'll be dead soon and I'll get another one!....people like that should be shot on the spot and incinerated!

11. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Wayne if you own cats then you know they already rule the world.

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I got a cat and a dog and they talk secretly when we all go to bed at night and I think they are planning something!

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

12. JayeWisdom profile image89
    JayeWisdomposted 13 years ago

Anyone who is against animal abuse--or THINKS he or she is against animal abuse--should read the book EATING ANIMALS, by Jonathan Foer. It's about the horrendous abuse of and cruelty to animals in factory farming (which is the only kind of farming in the U.S., in spite of those cute kids' books with the illustrations of a family farmyard with a few animals). I promise you:  if you can read every word in that book and continue to eat chicken, beef, pork, turkey, or any type of flesh that is factory-farmed, you aren't against animal abuse.  You are contributing to it. 

I admit it--I'm a "tree hugger."  In addition to becoming vegan for the rest of my life, I also joined PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). I mostly sign petitions to stop inhumane treatment of animals in labs, such as the one at a midwest university where horrible tortuous cruelties are perpetrated on animals when the experiments could be done just as well using simulations. I can't bear to watch those videos of humans clubbing baby seals to death right after they're born for their skins. And, when I learned that pigs are as smart as three-year-old humans and can play video games better than primates...I can't even walk past the bacon and sausage display in the supermarket.

Animals feel pain--that's been scientifically proven--and they probably experience fear. Knowing that is enough for me to do everything that I, as one individual, can do to prevent their suffering. There are a lot of people who feel as I do, so at least we are doing something that helps.  It would be great if many, many more people did the same.

Greed--either individual greed or corporate greed-is at the bottom of most animal cruelty.  When humans abuse animals for some other reason besides monetary gain, it may be because they are either just cruel people, feel helpless about their lives and want to "control" something that can't fight back, or because of severe mental illness. Whatever the reason, they should be stopped.

I'm against all types of cruelty and abuse to people as well as animals. Right now I'm thinking about the bullying of a kid by groups of kids in school, which can be devastating and has caused victims to commit suicide. I know I'm off point here, but when I start thinking about one type of atrocity, it leads to thoughts of others....

Whew!  Think I'll get down off my soapbox now. I feel better now that I've got that off my chest.  That is, until I see another video or read another article about cruelty/abuse to either animals or humans. JayeWisdom

1. jillsama profile image61
      jillsamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Preach Megan. I too fight for animal rights and spread the word to anyone I talk too. Please report abuse if you suspect it. Animals only want to love and be loved.

13. profile image0
    Car Donationsposted 13 years ago

Yes, animals are certainly not treated right! Animals are locked in cages for 10 hours a day without food and water. Why do people get pets that have to work all day? Dog fighting is another hot issue that I will never understand. People need to appreciate animals! They are a living thing just like us!

14. yolanda yvette profile image60
    yolanda yvetteposted 13 years ago

Animals do have it hard in this world.  And I have a special place in my heart for anyone who cares about them.  I really do.   

I am an animal lover.  Sometimes I feel I care too much, but, oh well.  I can't help that.  I grew up with all kinds of animals for pets.  And to this day, I still have pets.  And feel certain I always will.

People don't value animals, for the most part, anyway.  "It's just a cat" or "It's just a dog, not a human being", they'll say.

But it's not just a dog or cat or whatever, it's a living creature.  And, personally, I think that a lot is to be said about the kind of coward who would abuse an innocent animal.  If I see anyone doing such things, they will be reported.  And I wouldn't mind letting them know I'm going to report them.

I have a maltese that my mother gave to me who was abused by her first owner's boyfriend.  She's very timid and frightened of everything and everyone.  She's closer with me than she was, but she's still distant in many ways.  I try to be very easy with her, seeing as she's had it rough enough in life.

Bottom line, people don't even much care for people, that's why we rape, rob and murder each other.  So definitely the animals have a hard road to tow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)