Ahhhh, Google finds me.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Okay, so I've just checked my tracking goodies to see where my traffic is coming from, and I realize it's only been four days.

Of course, at this point, most of it is from my fellow hubbers, which is very nice because it makes me feel like on of the community.

But I'm looking for the google traffic because that's the stuff that's going to earn the bucks right?

Well, I finally got 9 hits from google. Not an earth shattering start I must confess, but I'm on their radar.

Now, can anyone tell me if there's a way I can find out which of my hubs got that traffic?

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems like no one is being to the point here for you. Allow me.

You can see the traffic stats on Google Analytics by first clicking on the blue link for  that says "view report". At the bottom right you will see Content Overview,again click on "view report" under that. Then you can click on "view full report" under the Top Content Section. This will show you your traffic and as you toy around with other sections it will tell you other info.

A good thing to do is to go to your AdSense account page and create what they call URL Channels for each Hub which will keep the stats for each one separately and together under the Hubpages channel.

You do this by clicking on the Adsense Setup Tab,then click Channels, where it says Custon Channels|  URL Channels you will click URL Channels then the add URL Channels and input the links there and save them. This will then keep the record for CTR, eCPM and earnings for each Hub separately so you can track which ones are performing best $ wise. A good click rate is 3% and eCPM they say is $3.50 though I have no idea why as mine is almost triple that. Guess it just depends on the market value of the keywords you target.

You can also put in the add URL Channels for social bookmarking sites such as SheToldMe that do revenue sharing and it will track them just the same.

That covers that now get busy,lol!!

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Benjamin. Not quite sure I understood all that, but I'm going to go over it one step at a time and I'm sure it will make sense at some point. smile

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input everybody. I have a lot of learning to do. smile

2. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Also look on the stats button on each hub and it will give you traffic sources

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

1.go to each of your your hub and check the stat

2.use Google analytics

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I like using the URL trackers in my adsense, just have to remember to input them when I publish new ones smile

1. WryLilt profile image90
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That will only show earnings, not traffic sources. Also you can't have more than 200 channels. Unfortunately for me I have more hubs than that. smile

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you can add 200 channel in adsense right?

Yes you can. But no more. And all up I would use about 300 channels if I put on every affiliate site, every site I own and every hub. smile

You can however link analytics and adsense which automatically breaks it down for you.

At least you'll know all this once you get your approval! smile

1. saleheensblog profile image60

got it smile
          1 more month to get approval tongue

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
            englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you try and apply now.  I guess you might be accepted.  I was accepted after 3 months, though I applied from google sites.  Anyways, only one month to go for you!!

I am from Bangladesh and Asian users need to possess an account for 6 months to get approved

I am from India and when I first applied through hubpages, I also got rejected for the same reason.  Then I applied though google sites and was accepted.  Though they took 14 days to reply!!

what is google site?

oh, found it. I will check it out. thanks smile

2. englightenedsoul profile image58

sites.google.com

You can create your own free site

2. englightenedsoul profile image58

The new adsense(Beta) let's you add 500 url channels!!

Oh wow. I did not know this - thanks for the info!

You're welcome - Though you cannot delete or deactivate any url in the new adsense interface.  Also, I just tried the new interface now and I can't see the option to add new urls, has the option to only add urls which were there in the previous interface.  Anyways I use analytics so won't be bothering about it much.

But still if anyone knows how to add new urls, let me know!!

1. edelhaus profile image71
              edelhausposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, thanks for the tips - I've just signed up for google analytics so it will be interesting to see which hubs earn the most.

1. edelhaus profile image71

Though I see we're supposed to input a website - should I use my profile page or should I input each individual hub?

You have to use your profile page...

2. edelhaus profile image71

ok, now I'm really confused because google analytics says I'm supposed to but and paste a certain code into each and everyone of my hubs... how do I do this?

1. profile image0
                    BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All you have to do is create the HUbpages profile and it will eventually recognize it on it's own. You also have to make sure you allow Hubpages to access your account. I think they go through and put the code in for you.

2. WryLilt profile image90

You need to get the UA number (looks like UA-58421937-9) and copy and paste it into the box in the affiliates page OR click edit if you've set up the profile and then check status.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)