Cannibalism? Why not?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (36 posts)
  1. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Humans are edible!
    WE are predators.
    WE are omnivores.
    These 2 factors were instrumental in our evolution.
    Other predators/omnivores would eat us.
    Why do we bury, cremate perfectly good food i.e. US!?
    Qwark

1. profile image0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell, why not.

I'm opening a restaurant today.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this
      1. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Psyche:
        If properly prepared... there would be no possibility of passage of a disease.
        It could be made into chips and even the "dip."
        Guests would eat with gusto and you'd be the talk of the "penthouse" set!
        Everyone would leave sated and turgid with the fat free, culinary delights. Eh?
        Qwark   smile

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Good question.  The valuable resources contained in the human body are wasted through burial and cremation.  I have requested that my remains be cooked and processed into cat food.

1. qwark profile image59

Hell ron:
      The dying kids in Africa would eat that catfood. Donate your catfood remains to them.
      Thumbs up!
      Qwark

3. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Oh Qwark, you are really pushing my buttons with this one.

There is evidence that even Neanderthals buried their dead.

I have to say, just the thought of eating human flesh makes me sick to the very depths of my soul... but I suppose if it was a matter of eating my neighbor or starving to death... and I mean the very brink of death... I might find the strength to do such a thing, especially if it meant the difference between my children living or not.  But OMG, I hope I never have to find out.

You haven't been watching Soylent Green have you?

1. qwark profile image59

Hahahaha Disturbia:
      Soylent Green? Not recently, but I think we are wasting a rich and healthful market.
      Just think of the possibilities! M and M's differing colors and flavors all human in origin! on and on and on...eh?
      The frightened Neanderthals didn't know what they were missing!
      Primitive humans in S America and Borneo and some of the S sea islands were enjoying us roasted, boiled, baked and fricasee'd!
      Just think about how nutritious we are if prepared properly.
      China is running out of burial space! She needs to feed a burgeoning population of almost 1.5 billion people! Wow! What a market for a new and bountiful product! Eh?
      Gotta few bucks? I'll join ya in the investment! smile
      Qwark

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Qwark, honey... you know I've got the bucks... I just can't imagine the product... YUK!

1. qwark profile image59

Disturbia...think of the investment possibilities!  smile
          Qwark

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

There are only 4 predator species that prey even on themselves, unfortunately humans ARE one of those lol

5. Ben Evans profile image64
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

The major reason that we don't eat dead people is that we don't have to.  Now in cases such as the Donner Party, people had to eat people to survive.  History shows that if survival is at stake then people will resort to cannibalism.

However, as it stands right now we have the choice to eat something else so we do.

6. L.C. Smith profile image62
    L.C. Smithposted 13 years ago

Humans have too much attitude to be tasty.

1. Disturbia profile image60

NOW AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!! lol

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

There are too many things I could say on this subject....

Almost all of them would rightfully earn me a lifetime ban from HubPages due to vulgarity

8. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

because people die from it. it's called kuru, but i know there's another name for the neurological degenerative disease

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.  There's an evolutionary reason we have an aversion to cannibalism.  Because it's dangerous to eat the flesh of your own kind.  Case in point: mad cow disease.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

then how do you explain hickeys??

2. Disturbia profile image60

Kuru is a rare disease caused by an infectious protein found in contaminated human brain tissue.  It is found almost exclusively among people from New Guinea, who practiced a form of cannibalism in which the brains of dead people were eaten as part of a funeral ritual.   You are absolutely correct ceciliabeltran.

9. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Hey:
    We could fix US so ya'd never know yer eatin' US!
    WE could be concentrated into just the digestable and bodybuilding elements! Think of it! The opportunities! Human greed could be accelerated and we-the-people could be a much healthier bunch.
    There's big money to be made and the public doesn't have to know what they're being fed.
    We'd just have to vote a few new FDEA laws into being and line our pockets with the $ made from the remainders of the "dead." Hell, we eat almost all other forms of life. Why should we humans be denied?
    Qwark  smile

10. Greek One profile image64

I guess the lesson here is to always cook your meat thoroughly?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or raise cattle

1. qwark profile image59

cecilia:
        Like the Elois?
        Qwark  smile

11. Ron Montgomery profile image60

It can be done tastefully and elegantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbs39FjS … mp;list=UL

1. qwark profile image59

Hahahaha...I like a nice cut of loin, pink in the center...You?
      Qwark  smile

12. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Prion diseases are not destroyed by cooking or any other preparation method possible in the normal kitchen.  That includes Kuru, Mad Cow, Scrapie.

13. Greek One profile image64

What about carrots?

Can we just eat carrots?

Less hassle

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too phallic.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_trngtQpPhpM/SaGcJ6FAM3I/AAAAAAAAADI/GnhXVNDl-CA/s400/gay+america.jpg

To phallic for whom?

14. Ron Montgomery profile image60

http://images5.cpcache.com/product/31593085v8_480x480_Front.jpg

never in nature will you see a maple leaf that color(s)

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you have just settled the "nature v nurture" question.

15. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I've been bitten by a couple of girls now, I must look tasty wink

16. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

Be very careful, as some people practice cannibalism! Well, i can assure you if the world under goes major horrible FAMINE, humans will hunt other humans for food right after eliminating all rodents, pets and bugs!

Laugh all you want, but we already slaughter other animals and we have no qualms eating them! Do you think cows, pigs, chickens, goats are thrilled to see any human?

17. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

women have always felt like a "piece of meat" most of our lives...
    now I know men view us that way...wink

18. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....tasty!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)