What a great month on HP!

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (50 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My best month yet - right at $850! My earnings have increased every month since last January. I don't think December will be this good, and January and February will probably be bad, but I'm really enjoying this holiday surge!

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo Habee.  That certainly is a well deserved outcome.  Congratulations and happy holiday season to you.  December should be good for you too I hope.

2. Wendy Krick profile image65
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You so much deserve it Habee! Way to go! I hope your hubby is better soon.

3. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you, habee!  It is great when an excellent writer like yourself posts success.  This has been my best month as well.  Looking forward to seeing what December brings.  smile

1. travelespresso profile image68
        travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And congrats to you lakeerieartists.  I saw that you were highlighted so I hope you received a well deserved spike from that!

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
          lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but the spike from the feature on Hubpages, will really not make a difference in earnings, because most of the readers will be hubbers.  But it was a really nice feature, wasn't it?  smile

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kudos to you, too!

4. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! It was my best month as well. I haven't written anything for months now, so it's nice to sit back and reap all the hard work I put in earlier! I made $500ish from Amazon and $445 from Adsense. Just $50ish away from $1000! Probably won't happen until next November! big_smile That amount will perfectly cover one of two credit card balances that have been looming over my head!

5. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's wonderful! smile

6. bogerk profile image71
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very impressive! I only need about 665 more Hubs until I join you. Congratulations!

7. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful Habee.  I am very excited for you!

2. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Lol, makes me wish I had 689 hubs!

Congrats, I'm sure your earnings will continue to grow, no doubt about it.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Good job!

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Mikey and WryLit!

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats habee, that is good for you and your grandkids. YOOHOO!

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image64
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

Nice job! I just looked at my Amazon and saw there were 8 purchases today!!!!! I know- that's nothing compared to most, but for me? I'm super excited!

1. jenblacksheep profile image69
      jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had 4 Amazon orders the other day and I was over the moon! I'm having a pretty good month too, hoping that I'll reach my first payout by xmas. If only I had 600 hubs, I might actually be able to afford rent!!

7. Mike Rogers profile image61
    Mike Rogersposted 13 years ago

Wonderful to hear about....congratulations!

Mike smile

8. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Wow thats alot of hubs I bet she can live on her earnings... I need to start writting more.

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

The earnings couldn't come at a better time. As many of you know, hubby has been in the hospital and unable to work. He's back working part time now - when he gets tired, he comes home, and when he feels bad, he doesn't go in to work that day. Since he's self-employed, he doesn't earn when he's doesn't work.

1. MPG Narratives profile image59
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee, well done with your earnings, you deserve it for all the hard work you put in. Hope hubby will be better soon and maybe a little break over Xmas might help. Cheers Marie smile

2. Peter-Jan Celis profile image60
      Peter-Jan Celisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Habee. Maybe you could teach hubbie how to make money with Hubpages on days he can not do a lot of physical work (assuming it's the standing up /walking around / manual labor that makes him tired).

10. kmackey32 profile image64

Hey habee outa curiosity and my boyfriend and I are betting, how much do u make a day on HP. I told him the more ya write the more ya make...

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It averages around $20 a day from Adsense. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Thanks to all of you for your support!!

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I look at it this way:

Over a course of a month: average daily earnings.

$1.00=30.00/monthly

$5.00=150/monthly

$10.00=300/monthly

$20.00=600/monthly

$40.00=$1200.00/monthly

Every hubber should keep those numbers in mind. If you think about it, every dollar makes a big difference over a course of a month.

Of course not every month has 30 days.

No one really makes the same amount with adsense, but there is still average daily earnings over a course of a month.

11. kmackey32 profile image64

He just dont understand. He said, if you can make a good income then everyone would be doing it. I said no because everyone isnt smart or is too lazy to do it....

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a reply I get a lot. They are all like "yeah well if you could make good money on the web then everyone would".

Well, thousands ARE doing just that. The others don't think they could so they don't even try. Fine with me, less competition. smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep for sure Bill.... I make money. He didnt even know i wrote here untill one weekend I recieved an check from google and it was on a saturday. Well my bank was closed so I asked him to cash it... Well, I then had to explain how I got the check and I so didnt want to.... lol i dont like people who know me personally to read what I write... I dont know why, i am just funny like that i guess....

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol me too. I am on the down low about what I am doing. My family would not believe me anyway. My goals are in my head, but I am not telling anyone.

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image60

I'd recommend just telling them and get over it. In fact I get less questions since using my real name online. People will come over to your side when your income matches theirs and comes in (at that point) with a "four hour work week"...

12. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

Congrats, Habee! Since the latest Hubpages success story article, I've checked back a few times when I needed a boost of motivation. It's great to hear that since the time that story was published, you're now doing even better!

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Habee, it's great to hear about your success. I hope that your husband's health continues to improve and that your health is good as well. It's great when we can work at home and make money. That really does relieve a lot of stress.

14. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Congrats Habee!  It indeed is was a excellent month smile

15. thismamaworksit profile image59
    thismamaworksitposted 13 years ago

That is so awesome! As someone just starting out this is very inspiring.

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I just checked my stats again, and I've surpassed the $850 mark! YAY!!

Way to go! On to $1000 I'd say!

17. PaulaHenry1 profile image64
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

Great job!!!! My thoughts and wishes are with you as your husband recovers.

18. kmackey32 profile image64

wow i just checked my adsense and I earned $5.50, thats the most I have earned so far in one day....

That's a lot for 67 hubs! I have 52 and get less than a dollar on a bad day, 3 dollars on a good one. (More bad days than good ones tongue )

19. kmackey32 profile image64

Hmmm thats gas money to wrk and back for one day.... lol

20. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Just wanted to be one more person to offer some congratulations here!

21. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Add me to the atta girls!
    It's inspiring to hear of hubbers doing really well -- so thanks for sharing your success, habee and lakeerieartists!
    MM

22. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Way to go Habee!!  You're an inspiration.

23. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Holle - I'm glad to hear that your husband is feeling a bit better, I hope it continues to get better and better .... and your earnings, too!

I'm right up there with you at about $893 and anxious to see what was shipped yesterday.  Let's cross our fingers that december is another good one for us all!

24. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Habee - so happy that you are reaping great rewards from your hard work. Very inspirational and I hope that one day I will achieve as much

25. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Habee! Thanks for sharing - it is so motivating, and I wish your husband a speedy recovery smile

26. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

habee thanks so much for sharing.  I know I'm not the only one who pays attention when hubbers like you share stats.  It's good to look at trends as far as number of hubs and time on site vs earnings. 

My Nov was almost $200, mostly AdSense.  Today was a huge record breaker- over $17 AdSense.  Previously I'd never hit $12 for a single day. 

Best wishes for your husband's continued recovery.

27. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Well done Habee. I'm so happy for you.

Your husband is blessed to have you smile and with your earnings growing at such a fantastic rate, i see things getting only better and brighter for you. It's well deserved because you work so hard.

Congratulations and GodBless.

28. divacratus profile image87
    divacratusposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! smile Hope you reach that $1000 landmark soon! big_smile

29. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats habee! Keep it up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)