That's It - I'm leaving this site

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (41 posts)
  1. De'cor Amore profile image61
    De'cor Amoreposted 13 years ago

I cannot get my two hubs republished and the reasons they are suggesting that is the cause make absolutely no sense to me.  They say it's misleading tags, or titles or categories.  I have rearranged them every way I can think of to get in compliance and they keep rejecting them.  I was very optimistic when I first came on this site about a week ago but it's very unfriendly as far as I'm concerned.  I had been recommending it to people and have sense had to tell them to forget it.  It's been a nightmare for me and I've spent a great deal of time setting two blogs up.  You can't get a live person that can advise you exactly what it is that is the problem so you can correct it.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I don't see any record of you attempting to email us directly.  Had you done so, you would have got a live person's answer (usually within 24 hours).

Your Hubs consist entirely of photos, and thus need to be in the Entertainment & Media > Photos & Videos category.  You do have some text in the comments, but you would need to add that to a text capsule for it to be evaluated as a part of the Hub itself.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever have questions about why your Hubs were moderated.  Myself or one of the other mods will get back to you as quickly as we can.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am wondering if the OP even cares what category her hubs are published in. If the moderator could simply move the hubs to that category, then republish them, maybe that would be a good start.

2. De'cor Amore profile image61
        De'cor Amoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just redid a new Hub for my pitcher collection.  Could you please look at it and see if I continue at the way I'm working on building it if it will be acceptable.

I Just am not understanding exactly what the problem was with the one called De'Cor Amore that I've since deleted.  I'd like to start that one back u again but don't know what was wrong with the way I had the one I deleted. 

I think my categories were ok, I think it may have been a tag or content problems (don't know which)

Thanks.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would suggest you to add some amazon capsule with it and adding an additional text capsule with 100-120 word on top of the hub so that you leave enough space for Google to place their main ad block in the hub. Check a hub of any other hubber and you will understand what I am talking about.

Sa;ejemmsblog'

I wanted to add an amazon capsule but was unpublished so quickly that I didn't get an opportunity to.  I work a full time job and am limited on time when I get home from it to make revisions and navigiate around.  I'm off this weekend so that will help give me a jump start.  I love the site and want to do everything correctly.  I just need them to be a little more explicit about what the exact problem is when there is a problem.  Your feedback and encougagment has spurred me on.  Thanks a million.

3. De'cor Amore profile image61

No wonder I couldn't figure it out.  Thanks Maddie.  I have just started a whole new Hub for the pitchers and am now using capsules.  Please take a look at it and let me know if I am going in the right direction.  I will be putting much more on there tonight when I get home from my job and more pictures.

I also had what I considered and intended to be my main Hub that was called De'cor Amore where I was discussing and giving advise on interior paint and wall paper solutions and that becaume unpublised also.  I would like to start that one back up also.  Is there a way that you can look at it even though I've deleted it on this side?  I would love to know exactly what was wrong with that one and take another stab at  it.  Thanks so much for your help.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You refer to a 'main' hub. I hope you understand that visitors from search engines may never visit any other hub than the one they come to. Some people on the site have hundreds, even thousands of hubs. smile It's not a blogging site, each hub is a standalone article, like a magazine article.

Thanks for the clarification WryLilt - I was on the verge of realizing that and you've confirmed it.  Thanks

Actually, if you can't see it from your side anymore.  I saved all the content over onto a Word document and could reset it up just as it was and you could advise me when I do that.  Let me know please and have a good day.   I love you guys on this forum.  What a bunch of help it's been.

4. De'cor Amore profile image61

Maddie - I just found where I could go in an undelete that De'cor Amore main Hub that went unpublished.  Could you look at it today while I'm at work and advise me what the problem is.  I suspect after reading all the help on this board that it is because I didn't use capsules with my pictures but, am not sure.  Thanks for your help.  I'd really love to get this Hub back up and running.

1. profile image0

Like Maddie has said, you need to contact HubPages by using the email link that has been provided. The moderators may not be following this thread, so you should not expect them to respond to any request that you post here.

Ok will do later this evening.  Thanks a bunch.  CAN YOU GUYS TELL I'M NEW AND STUMBLING AROUND HERE ??  ha ha

So, glad I came to the forum to vent.  You wonderful people have calmed me down and spurred me on.

1. Pcunix profile image91
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are not the first to become momentarily confused and frustrated.

The sad part is that some probably just leave without asking for help.

For those of us who have been around the Internet Barn a while, HubPages is as obvious as can be.  For newbies, I'm sure it is very confusing at first.

I'm glad you asked here and that you got the help you needed.

Thanks for the support and encouragement.  I'm staying on due to the wonderful support I've received from people on this forum like you. wink

1. sabrebIade profile image79
                  sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah picking categories isn't easy sometimes.
                  I try to shoot for the closest I can get and even then at times I'm thinking that I wish there were more.
                  But I imagine HP cant give a category to everything out there...LOL

2. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

see how friendly and caring the community is.

I will do that this weekend when I have the time.  I had actually intended to to do something like that  thank you for reaffirming that I'm on the right track in that respect.

And yes the community, or at least this blog is the friendliness I was in dire need of. 

Thank you saldheensblog.

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
        PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Be patient, it takes time to learn. Make sure to read the Learning Pages or continue to ask in forums, your on the right track! Cant wait to see your finished product!

3. De'cor Amore profile image61

No I had not emailed directly because I was relying on the notice on my blog page that was making suggestions as to what the problem was.  I kept trying to make the proper revisions to no avail.  And, became frustrated trying to navigate the site as a newbie.  I will contact you directly if I have a problem from here on out.

Thank you

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the automatic notices should include the suggestion to email the team in case of confusion?

1. profile image0

Good suggestion. Invariably, that is the reply people get when they come to the forum: Contact HubPages if in doubt.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Why don't you let us assist you?

I will definetly let you assist me.  I work a full time job and it is kinda late when I get home and I'm off this weekend if there is anyone available at your end at that time.  I love the HubPages and the whole site, it's just this getting out of compliance unintentionally that I'm having a problem with it.  I'm not a "rule" breaker by nature. 

Thank you - I will contact you.   I have reset up a new hub about my picture collection that I intend to go into this weekend and add more verbage and pictures and hopefully an amazon capsule too. 

Thanks

Sorry, that's pitcher collection - not picture.

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Have you emailed team@hubpages.com?  A real person will answer your questions.  If they're saying the tags are misleading then all the rearranging in the world won't help.  You do understand what is meant by that, right? 

As an example, you can't put "dog collars" in your tags and then the article have NOTHING to do about dog collars.  Have you checked that all the tags are included in the articles and what they are about?

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

You could have brought it to the forums sooner. However, I have learned that the best way to fix issues with hubs, is to directly ask them what category is best suited and what tags are not allowed?

This can be done if you respond to the email you get for them being unpublished.

I hope that helps.

Welcome to the Forums as well. Be careful, the forums can be a bit addictive, when you realize the wealth of help you receive. wink

5. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

have you tried emailing team@hubpages.com and asking them exactly what you need to do to correct it?  don't give up.
    what is the category of your hubs?

I read your profile and it sounds like you have some great info to share in your hubs. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. HP is full of helpful people.

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Here is the OP's previous thread from the Help forum:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60635

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

My experience is that most people are happy to help you learn. I knew little about SEO when I got here. And now, as we can see, Maddie has taken the initiative to help, and stated directly what the problems are.

Opportunity is often everywhere, unless we've decided there is none.

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Hi De'cor.

I checked your pitcher hub and it looks lovely.  It's really tough when a hub gets rejected, but it happened to me also.  I rewrote it and was lucky to get published.  But it was a knock back.

My comment to you, and I am not an expert - is that it looks a bit short on content.  But you can clearly write as your profile shows.

So maybe if you added a bit more opening content on why you collect pitchers, when you started, maybe even a couple of uses of pitchers (water storage, flower display).

Then it is more of an article, magazine style, which I think is what Hubpages are aiming for.

I totally understand why you are fed up, but I do think Hubpages is a nice place to write.

Yes it is short on content because I just started a new Hub on these pitchers last night and had to get to bed.  I will be going gung ho tonight after work and this weekend while I'm off.  Thanks for your imput and encouragement.  I appreciate it.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks De'cor, in return it is appreciated. 

Do you know you can save a Hub without publishing it?  Then it is all there for you when you have time to come back and finish.

Anyway, sounds like you might not be off after all!

2. YU_First 1 profile image60
        YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another place to get a hub well assessed is the Extreme Makeover Forum.

You will grow in leaps and bounds with the critical reviews you get even when they bite.

Welcome to Hub Pages and enjoy the warmth here.

3. arthriticknee profile image68
        arthritickneeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of the conditions says that incomplete hubs should not be published. Take your time to get it all done, saving without publishing until you are finally ready to go. This will prevent your hubs from being flagged due to lack of content.

Stick with it - its gets easier!

9. Anesidora profile image61
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

De'cor I am glad you posted in the forums to give us one last chance to assist you. HubPages is a great place to learn about internet publishing and there really are alot of very helpful and kind people here. The staff has also always been great to work with, and you've now met Maddie who is one of the best!

Keep checking back into the forums -particularly the HubPages Knowledge Exchange and the Hub MakeOver subforums. You'll pick up a lot of knowledge and tricks of the trade just by reading through the posted threads.

10. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

I just took a look at your Hub on pitchers, which I think is quite okay, but ... why have you placed it in the 'Comic Book Collecting' category rather than 'Decorative Collectibles'?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So glad you decided to stay.  Yes, the Hub is a-okay, now that you're using text capsules.  I would consider adding a little more content, such as an introduction, and changing the category as camlo suggested, but other than that, I see no issues.

Will do Maddie - thanks soooooo much for all your help wink

I didn't realize I had it there.  I'll get that changed pronto.  Thanks

1. Robin profile image86
        Robinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome De'cor Amore!  I'm so glad that you decided to stay; it sounds like you have a lot of great information to share! 

My suggestion, so you don't have Hubs unpublished again, is to wait until they are completely finished before you publish them.  I read your latest Hub and it only had pictures;  I know you are going to add content because your other recipe Hubs are very well done with good content.  However, since it's unfinished, it could be unpublished by a moderator.  When you create a Hub you can save it unpublished.  To edit it at a later time, go to your  "My Account" page.  Go to your unpublished Hubs at the bottom of the page and click on the link to edit, finish and publish. 

Hope that helps!  I look forward to reading more of your Hubs!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)