A question for those of you who have 2 or more accounts

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

I have noticed a few hubbers may have 2 accounts here; I can understand a few reasons such as different niche you may want to target and so on. However, I am curious;

1. What are your reasons for 2 or more accounts?

2. How much extra you have to work to promote each accounts such as answering comments, forums and getting traffic to each site. Would not it be easier with one account?

Thank you so much.

1. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I recently made another hub account, but have only published a couple of hubs on it.

1. I mainly made another account because I am going to stick to specific niches in it. I will still write a lot on this one though.

I have yet to reach 75 author score on other account though..

2. It will take a lot of work to get a lot of rewards again on other account. I am not worried about it so much though. I am looking for mainly organic traffic on other account.

1. profile image0
        cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

David,

Let me know how it pans out. I am spending so much time already on my account, I am thinking if it would be beneficial to start second for my other "product" related interest!

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I got about few hubs on other account. Kind of funny seeing this one stuffed with so much, and the other is a bit empty.

I am getting close to 200 on this account. I am not sure, but at one point, I will stop writing on this account.(or delete non-performing hubs)

Maybe 500-1000 hubs on one account, but when you get to many then it would be VERY difficult to navigate.  Even 500-1000 is a lot.

2. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have often wondered about that myself. I have always had one account.I just didn't see the need for the multiple personality deal.

2. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I started with two to cover different niches but learned diveresity with one account is better than dividing it into two.  I don't use the second anymore.  smile

1. profile image0

Katiem2,

I sure would like know why you decided? too much time on the other account perhaps? Keeping things straight? I am going crazy with my 2 yahoo accounts too.

3. Ivorwen profile image67
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

1.  I have multiple accounts for different types of writing, because I like to keep things separate.

2.  Responding to comments takes the same amount of time, regardless of the number of accounts.  As to promoting, I follow the same principles, regardless of which account it is.  HP traffic doesn't pay, so I don't worry about attracting readers from here to most of my hubs.

I don't think putting it all on one account would be easier for me.

1. profile image0

Ivorwen,

Thanks for the comment. So when you say you do not worry about HP traffic, where do you promote or you mean do not participate in community as much?

1. Ivorwen profile image67
        Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are several places that I backlink at, depending on the type of article, including personal blogs, but even without backlinking, a well written hub will be found by search engines, thereby drawing traffic.  In fact, lately I have been relying on search engine traffic almost exclusively for any type of commercial article.

This is the profile I use for most of my participation on hubpages.  It is the one I began for the sake of socializing and non-commercial and/or fun hubs.  I do leave some comments with my other profiles, especially on certain topics that I only follow with those profiles.

1. profile image0

Ivorwen,

I think many of us dread task of backlinking, at least I sure do. As I write each article by hand typing it takes up so much time. It is good news if search engine finds your hubs without much backlinking. Do you think it works better when you have 50 plus hubs?

1. Ivorwen profile image67
            Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not think the number of hubs really matters as each hub is an independent page to the search engines.

1. profile image0
              EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if that's actually true.  I can't help thinking that if you have a large number of hubs that are interlinked in some way, then you're going to attract more search engine attention - in much the same way that a large planet has a bigger gravitational pull than a small one lol

4. Charles James profile image68
    Charles Jamesposted 13 years ago

I have two accounts because I am addressing two very different markets and purposes. As Charles James I am intellectual, academic, political, literary etcetera. Alas as Charles James I have earned less than 7 dollars in over a year.

As soon as my book is finished, which will be later this month, I am going to write dozens of Amazon linked "selling" pieces which I do not want to dilute my "Charles James" brand.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the heart of it.  If you write for an audience, you have a brand.  I write satire, rants, humor and the odd pedantic piece. There are a few people who seem to appreciate my humor.  I made a second account for the commercial stuff that I know nobody wants to read, but that search engines will find to help people find stuff to buy. I don't promote that one at all. (I also pretty much hardly ever write anything for it lol).

2. profile image0

Charles, Shadesbreath,

Thank you both. Have not thought about branding but makes sense. How do you promote your second commercial account?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't promote my second commercial account. Nobody even knows it exists.  I don't have many articles on it, but when I do write one, I make content based on a bit of keyword research, attention to quality writing, and a good, strategic layout which seems to work.  For example, I wrote two hubs two weeks ago that are both getting about 8 views a day from Google, plus onesy views from random places. 

Given how easy it is to generate at least some views, rather then spend time promoting them, I'll just crank out more hubs.  I can write a 800-1200 word hub in about an hour.  The keyword research I do (which is horrendous and would make guys like Sunforged and Misha cry) takes me about 2 minutes.  Another 10-15 minutes to post it with pics. Given that we're only talking about an hour and a half tops, I see no point in investing time promoting. Writing them is just too easy (if boring).

5. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0

Saleheensblog,

Thanks, I will look in to it.

6. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

Two accounts allow me to produce hubs similar to each other under each account.

If someone were to find me through search engines they are more likely to continue reading my hubs if they are all similar in context.

1. profile image0

Reality Bites,

wow, I never thought of it this way! Do you ever duplicate content issue having these similar articles?

1. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not write duplicate content.  I do write hubs that are easily grouped together, a Seeker of Knowledge may find many hubs that interest them.  Therefore either bookmarking my profile, or perhaps adding my RSS to their site.

1. profile image0

Reality Bites,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I get it now. I think it seem like a good idea, if that is working for you.

7. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

I have one account for writing "Manly" Poems...and one for just writing things that I feel like writing...that are other than "Manly" Poems. For me, promoting these Hubs...and participating in the forums are all about fun...as that is why I am on Hubpages. Just for the fun of it. That...and I really like the way that our works can be presented in the Hub Page format. They really look great...when each Hub is finished!

1. lovetherain profile image81
      lovetherainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

manly poems, that's bizzarely hot for some reason.....

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool!

2. profile image0

I too like the sound of "manly poem"..going to check it out.

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cool!!

8. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 13 years ago

I have several, where I write different types of things. This is my new account for testing new ideas and keywords.

1. profile image0

lovetherain,

Love your new hubs! I hope your testing ideas work out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)