Satan is Unleashed

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

Revelation 9

1 When the fifth angel blew his trumpet, (TO ANNOUNCE THE FIFTH PUNISHMENT FOR ONGOING SIN IN THE WORLD) I saw a star (THIS IS A REFERENCE TO SATAN) fall from the sky to earth. He was given the key to the tunnel that leads down to the deep pit.(HELL) 2 As he (SATAN) opened the tunnel, smoke poured out like the smoke of a great furnace. The sun and the air turned dark because of the smoke. 3 Locusts ( A TYPE OF GRASSHOPPER) came out of the smoke and covered the earth. They were given the same power (EXPLAINED BELOW) that scorpions have. 4 The locusts were told not to harm the grass on the earth or any plant or  tree.(THESE "INSECTS" WERE OBVIOUSLY NOT NORMAL LOCUSTS,THEY WERE SATANIC) They were (ALLOWED BY GOD) to punish only those people who did not have God's mark on their foreheads.(THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER DESCRIBED HOW 144,000 JEWS CHOSEN FOR SALVATION WERE GIVEN A MARK ON THEIR FOREHEADS) 5 The locusts were allowed to make them suffer for five months, but not to kill them. The suffering they caused was like the sting of a scorpion.(SOME INTERPRET THESE VERSES AS A DESCRIPTION OF MEMBERS OF AN ARMY OR EVEN HELICOPTERS BUT THAT DOESN'T MATCH WITH THE FACT THAT THEY CAN ONLY INFLICT PAIN  AND NOT DEATH. A BETTER INTERPRETATION THAT MATCHES WITH THE REST OF THIS CHAPTER, IS THAT THEY ARE SATANIC  DEMONS)  6 In those days people will want to die, but they will not be able to. They will hope for death, but it will escape from them.(AN INDICATION OF  BOTH THE SEVERE PAIN THESE DEMONS WILL CAUSE AS WELL AS THE INABILITY OF HUMAN PAIN MEDICATION TO CONTROL IT) 7 These locusts looked like horses ready for battle. On their heads they wore something like gold crowns, and they had human faces.(SATAN SURE IS CREATIVE,IN A TOTALLY  WEIRD SORT OF WAY!) 8 Their hair was like a woman's long hair, and their teeth were like those of a lion. 9 On their chests they wore armor made of iron. Their wings roared like an army of horse-drawn chariots rushing into battle. 10 Their tails were like a scorpion's tail with a stinger that had the power to hurt people for five months. (GOD'S LIMITATION ON SATAN. OF COURSE THOSE WHO DON'T READ OR BELIEVE THIS BOOK WON'T KNOW OF OR BELIEVE THIS TIME LIMIT FOR PAIN WHICH WILL MAKE THEIR MENTAL SUFFERING WORSE AS THEY SUFFER  WITH THE EXPECTATION OF LIFE-LONG PAIN)11 Their (THE DEMONS) king was the angel in charge of the deep pit.(THE SUPERVISOR OF HELL APPOINTED BY SATAN,SIMILAR TO A WARDEN OF A PRISON) In Hebrew his name was Abaddon, and in Greek it was Apollyon. (THIS WORD MEANS "DESTRUCTION" IN GREEK.HE IS ANOTHER FALLEN ANGEL LIKE SATAN HIMSELF WHICH IS ANOTHER REFUTATION OF THE "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" THEORY) 12 The first suffering has now happened. But behold,(THE ADDITION OF THIS  KING JAMES TRANSLATION WORD SIGNALS THAT THE PUNISHMENTS TO OCCUR NEXT WILL BE EXTREMELY SEVERE) two more punishing events will soon occur.13 Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet. I heard a voice speak from the four corners of the gold altar that stands in the presence of God. 14 The voice spoke to the sixth angel and said, "Release the four angels (THESE ARE FALLEN ANGELS OR DEMONS) who are tied up (TO PREVENT THEM FROM HARMING PEOPLE) beside the great Euphrates River." 15 The four angels had been trained (BY SATAN) for this very hour,day,month and year. Now they were set free to kill a third of all the people. 16 By listening, I could tell there were more than two hundred million horsemen.(THIS REFERS TO DEMONS,NOT HUMANS.NEVER DOUBT SATAN'S POWER!) 17 In my vision the riders wore fiery-red, dark-blue, and yellow armor on their chests. The heads of the horses looked like lions, with fire, smoke and sulfur (THE PRIMARY ELEMENTS IN THE ATMOSPHERE OF HELL) coming out of their mouths.18 One-third of all the  people were killed by  the fire, smoke, and sulfur.(THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE WILL HAVE TO TRY TO EXPLAIN WHY GOD IS SENDING ALL THESE SEVERE PUNISHMENTS TO THE EARTH IF THOSE WHOM HE HAS SELECTED FOR SALVATION ARE STILL ON THE EARTH) 19 The horses had powerful mouths, and their tails had the heads of poisonous snakes that bit and harmed.(FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT THESE WERE DEMONIC CREATIONS) 20 The people who lived through these terrible troubles did not turn away from the idols they had made nor  did they stop worshiping demons. They kept on worshiping idols that were made of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood. Not one of these idols could see, hear, or walk. (MANY PEOPLE,EVEN SOME CHRISTIANS, ENGAGE IN A TYPE OF IDOL WORSHIP BY SHOWING RESPECT AND AFFECTION FOR STATUES WHICH SOME  CHURCHES PUT ON DISPLAY IN THEIR SANCTUARIES.THIS IS THE SIN OF IDOLATRY WHICH GREATLY ANGERS GOD) 21 No one stopped (WHICH IS OF COURSE  EXACTLY WHY THE PUNISHMENTS HAVE NOT STOPPED !!) murdering (WARS WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY AT THIS TIME) or practicing witchcraft (AS TAUGHT THROUGH THE HARRY POTTER MEDIA) or engaging in sexual immorality (ESPECIALLY HOMOSEXUALITY WHICH WILL FLOURISH) or stealing.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3930289.jpg

1. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The star could very well have been a meteorite that fell to earth. The pit of hell may be where the meteorite fell. The fire and smoke may be from the meteorite. Sucking a lot of oxygen out of the sky. The locusts may have went crazy because the meteorite destroyed their colony. The suffering may occur because the locusts are being pests and the smoke and fire is unrelenting. The four angels may very well be representing the four elements of nature being forced out of its cycle and wreaking havoc on the world. If a third of the people died that would make sense if the meteorite was big enough. Demonic or other depends on how one views it. After all visions are not always understood in their context if at the time of having them they did not know what a meteorite was? The description therefore is limited to the language and things that existed in the day.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm skeered.

1. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be skeered.  Be wise.

2. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Dude, write more hubs. Quit with the long useless posts.

Unbelievable! roll

3. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

This may be something others want to share as a topic. Why didn't you just skip the thread as something you couldn't care less about? Quit with the useless posts whining about religion.

1. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice judgment of my post. I should have just reported it and been on my way, since you've obviously decided to remark on my post.

You need to do some serious self evaluating. You could have just left my post alone, but you didn't bother. I wonder why that is?

And, for further INFO since you lack it- HubPages FROWNS on long posts. Or didn't you know that?

Get with the program and try to be less judgmental. hmm

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are some of us interested in discussion about scriptures and we choose to dialogue in threads about it.
        Report a thread for being on a topic you perpetually put down as nonsense? YOU could have passed it by to begin with so start your judgement there.
        Ah yes, claim I lack knowledge and that you are so flippin smart - what a suprise smile Get with the program yourself!

1. Cagsil profile image72
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW! You're unbelievable. roll

4. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

",, those men that have not the seal of God on their foreheads.."   
       i do not think these men can possibly be the same 144,000 that received the seal of God as mentioned in Rev.7

Because the 144,000 were to be the first fruits unto the Lord, redeemed  from among man.  If they were the first fruits they would have been seen in heaven along with those described in 7:14.
       AND then   after that     the seventh seal was opened.    And then     after that     there was a half an hour of time that passes after this  before the seven trumpets are handed out.

And then    some more time passes   as the first four trumpets are sounded.   And then    after that the fifth trumpet is sounded.

So these that are seen here can not be those that are previously described as being the first fruits  unto the Lord    (the 144,000)

More on this chapter later.

5. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

These visions are messages from God that were delivered in dreams.
    I do not understand why some people symbolize some of these dreams and not all.  The Locust in these visions do not suggest literal locust.
    As mentioned earlier, the conditions described when the first four trumpets were sounded came to fulfillment after Mt. Krakatau erupted.
    These Locusts would represent the invading armies lead by Mohammed.
    This was made possible only after those conditions that brought about the Justinian plague which killed the greatest majority of the population in the Mediterranean region.

9:2and there arose a smoke out of the pit   (Smoke from a volcano eruption)     
    9:3   THEY  came out of the smoke                                                        9:4    they should not hurt the grass  of the earth, neither any green thing; neither any green tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God on their foreheads.
    Mohammed commanded his armies to not burn the crops and fruit trees of those lands that they invaded.  All but Christians and Jews were forced to convert to Islam or die.
    9: 7 – 8   … were like unto horses prepared unto battle 
    (an army of men)   and they had long hair and beards
    9:9   … and they had breastplates as it were breastplates of iron. ( iron mesh vest which was commonly worn for protection)              
      Their ability to shoot their arrows with great accuracy in the direction from which they were fleeing is represented by tails of a scorpion.
    The five months described in verse 5 are prophetic months equal to almost two hundred of our years.

Yes..... but if it was a prophecy.....  how could the visionary understand what he was seeing when what he saw didn't exist in the day? He would have had to relate it to something of his days which is why you have all the colorful looking locusts etc. He could have been seeing a horror movie from our day...you just never know?

I do rather like that it was highly symbolic! Works for me!

Yes..... but if it was a prophecy.....  how could the visionary understand what he was seeing when what he saw didn't exist in the day? He would have had to relate it to something of his days which is why you have all the colorful looking locusts etc. He could have been seeing a horror movie from our day...you just never know?

I do rather like that it was highly symbolic! Works for me!
        - - - - - - - - -

John probably didn't understand all of these visions. The opening of the seals are a different matter. From his prospective, I think that he did apply them to his time, as Jesus told him,

Rev. 1:19   "Write the things which thou HAST sees, and things which are ..."   The things which are is the clue!  These visions are about things that  in 96 AD he has already seen come to fulfillment.

Concerning the Locust; locust always came into the area with the east winds under their wings.
          This army  had hair of a woman and face of a man which was the custom for Arabs.
          I think that we shouldn't over work our imagionation using too many of our skills of interpretation where these things are concerned.

True! Thats clearer! Thanks

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jerami in your explanation of the symbolism you mentioned, islam killing the infidels or non muslim, these you also identified as jews and christians of the day, which of the two were those who are seal vs those not sealed?

I know it was the jews who carried the doctrine of antichrist, which is promoted by christianity . Thsee two preceded Islam,  It appears as if you are saying that they are the ones who were not sealed because they were being the focus for persecution..

So it also  does appear that you are also saying that Islam are those sealed of God for They would be the only one left after their rampaging.

I tell you truly that these interpretations have a much simpler but spiritual understanding , without the need of undertanding all these historical data only avalable to a few.

It is my understanding that Mohamed instructed his soldiers to not force the Jews and Christians to convert to Islam because they already worshiped Allah,
          According to him;  Gabriel said that the message that he was now giving Mohamed is the same message that had been given to Israel long ago, but they had fallen away from the original message.
        ======================================

kess wrote ....  So it also  does appear that you are also saying that Islam are those sealed of God for They would be the only one left after their rampaging.

- - - - - - - - -
        Not at all.
          Mohammed's soldiers were told to not burn the crops in the fields nor cut the fruit trees down nor kill those men that had the mark of God on their foreheads but they will be tormented for five months.
           I think that by tormented in this instance, indicates a retraining program of sorts.   But they were spared from the sword.

It is my understanding that Mohamed considered Jews and Christians kinda like half brothers.   Kinda like they were the lost sheep of the family that had to be brought back into the fold.
            But I could be wrong?

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please take another look at your analogy it is obviously very much forced.

You are correct that this analogy is not perfect.

I'm just saying that according to what is written in Rev.9:5  "And to them is was given (Mohammed's soldiers) that they should not kill them (Jews and Christians); but that they should be tormented five months ..."

This five months are referring to the Prophetic timeline and not actually five earthly months.

2. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The devil is one with the Ati-Christ as was Jesus one with the Creator-God Allah YHWH whom he used to address God-the Father; symbolically of course.

So the devil unleashed is Anti-Christ; which started with the seed of it-Paul; flourished with the Churches of different denominations 32000+ of them; and spread in the world under colonialism.

The Second Coming of Jesus is for breaking the Cross; the symbol of "Christianity"- a misnomer invented by Paul at Rome; and it has nothing to do with Jesus' real teachings.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
          adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can not even believe this thread, all I can say is no comment...

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus in his Second Coming, symbolic of course; will himself destroy or prove the "Christianity" of Paul, started in Jesus' name but without his real teachings; and prove it a mythical and useless religion having nothing to do with Jesus. This is the purpose of his second coming; otherwise one who dies never comes to this world again.

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

ummm, more preacher's lice. bet he don't half understand it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)