Amazon or Adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I'm just curious if you earn more with Adsense or Amazon. I do much better with Amazon than Adsense.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Adsense!

2. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine is the other way.

2. ns1209 profile image62
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Amazon by a fair bit!  I am better at selling products than getting people to click ads!

3. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I earn nothing with Amazon so don't bother with adding Amazon ads any more. eBay works for me so I am not sure why Amazon doesn't but it is a waste of time me having ads up that don't work!

4. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Earn around the same on both!

5. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Why do you feel that is? Do you earn more with adsense because you have few or no product hubs, or does your adsense cpc or value per click raise as your hubs age?

Or something else?

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Adsense.  Amazon is catching up, but that may just be a run-up to Christmas thing.

7. Aya Katz profile image82
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

So far, Adsense is much better. But I am starting to have some action with Amazon, and my focus in the future will be more on Amazon.

In my case, the reason I feel focusing on Amazon is important is because my books are starting to come out on CreateSpace, and I can put Amazon capsules for them for free on all my hubs, whereas an ad with Google would cost me. So even though it is still harder for me to sell with Amazon than to get clicks with Adsense, if I do sell even one of my books on a selling hub, it is worth a lot more to me than the sales commission.

8. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Amazon earns way more about six months out of the year.  The dark days of spring and summer are more Adsense.

9. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Amazon is usually best for me.

10. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

It was Adsense by a factor of 6 to 1, but in the past month it is almost neck and neck.

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I presently make more from Adsense than Amazon.

12. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Wayyyyy more on Amazon.  I am working on Adsense now, though.

Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, same boat as me.

13. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 13 years ago

I make much more with Adsense.  I haven't made anything with Amazon yet. I guess I have to write more commercial type hubs to make money on Amazon.

14. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Kontera lol

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting information.

Thanks. smile

Now, if only I can get past my fears and start working on monetizing my sites! smile

2. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  I turned off Kontera and my Adsense went up noticeably.

1. Lily Rose profile image84
        Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've heard the same from many others.  I turned it off shortly after I started here...

2. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  My AdSense tanked about 4 wks after I added Kontera to about 1/3 of my hubs.  When I turned it off, I was back on my previous trajectory about 4 weeks later.  Plenty of hubbers, and a rep from Kontera poo-poo a connection, but I am convinced otherwise.  I don't believe much in coincidence.

3. Wendy Krick profile image64

That's interesting. I ended up turning Kontera off.

15. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Well, Amazon is way more than AdSense the last couple of months, but during non-holiday months it's close to equal between the two.  I've been wanting to work on trying to increase my AdSense earnings with more hubs that don't require so much maintenance - more evergreen hubs that have good potential...some day i'll get around to my long to-do list!

16. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

I make a lot more with AdSense.  I have very few commercial Hubs and just don't try to sell a lot of products.  I am to the point now where I make more in one week than I have for 18 months at Amazon.

17. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Interesting discussion.  Mine run neck and neck right now.  One month one is more, then another month the other is more, but I believe that next year Amazon will be better because I will be focusing more on product related hubs.  We will see.  smile

18. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

amazon did better for me in Nov., adsense not too far behind.

a reminder to daily check your hot item amazon capsules. I just checked one that had most wished for gifts for 2010, and nothing showed up!

good point.

19. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Adsense. Amazon is aweful for me.....

20. Cheeky Girl profile image68
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

If the hubs have amazon ads that are related to the subject or theme of the hub, and it is popular, it will grow amazon and adsense sales and clicks. It's having the hubs that draw people which helps. Having a blogger blog which allows adsense and Amazon ads also will help things, and better again is having a site and domain of your own, and have adsense and Amazon ads chugging away. The Amazon widgets and "carousel" ads are ingenious! I love them. Both free to join, so why not? Worth a flutter in moi opinion! smile

21. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

monthly basis? Adsense is bigger for me. But I never had a 92.30 a day from adsense unlike amazon, I hit that already. Amazon is not consistent for me, these holidays are good but in normal months, it is barely 150 plus on the average. Not so bad if you add the two it pays all my bills

22. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

I earn more on AdSense.  I just started earning about $20 per month the last few months on Amazon.  But I don't write sales hubs.

23. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

From the first month, I earn more from Amazon. Now I plan to give more focus on Adsense.

24. Trekkiemelissa profile image64
    Trekkiemelissaposted 13 years ago

Mine is about the same most months between the two.

25. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

When I first started, I did much better with Amazon.  After a year, and over a hundred hubs, I am amazed at the Adsense money I'm getting so actually,  I'm earning more with Adsense now than Amazon. I don't know if this is the same for everybody, but that's how it's been with me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)