Anyone earning money by using Kontera?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Donna Janelle profile image66
    Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

I am pretty new to hubpages, and I hear that a lot of people make money off of adsense and amazon, but I have heard almost nothing about Kontera. Is anyone using this or making any moeny from it? Is it worth my time?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd advise against using Kontera.

They've had some rather iffy policies in the past (such as not 'rolling' over any earnings unless you cleared a minimum each month) and also pay a pittance compared to Adsense. The general consensus on hubpages is that they're not worth using unless you get over 100,000 views per month.

Donna Janelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely not getting that many views so I won't mess with it for now. smile

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just added opened an account with Kontera.. I'm also new here.  And today it seemed such a good idea.  I don't even know what Kontera advertise.  I feel kinda stooopid now. lol

Donna Janelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel stupid...I actually opened one when I first signed up here, but I had no clue how it worked either. Now I just won't try to figure it out right now - maybe ever. smile

2. cohenj88 profile image60
      cohenj88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Donna,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. A lot of people make great money with Kontera on HubPages. In fact, here's one Hub I just came across of someone who made more on Black Friday with Kontera than they did with AdSense: http://hubpages.com/hub/Contextual-Adve … or-Kontera

In general, it's probably unlikely that you'll make as much with Kontera as with AdSense, but because they're displayed in different areas of the webpage and they don't cannibalize each other's ad clicks, you just add to your overall revenue by using both. 

What Kontera offers is a really reliable passive revenue stream, thanks to our Synapse platform, which rather than just scanning for keywords, can actually read your Hubs for meaning. This added level of understanding is how we can provide your Hub content with the most relevant ads, leading to higher CTR and better CPC.

Another advantage that Kontera offers is an exclusive ad inventory from some of the biggest brand names in the world including Pizza Hut, Microsoft, Oreo, National Geographic, Nintendo, Ford, Samsung, HP, and many more. These premium, often Rich-Media ads are the most attractive to site visitors, offer the best possible CPC, and are only available through Kontera.   

You're definitely more than welcome to give our network a try, taking a quick look at your HubPages profile, you have enough content to qualify for the network.

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
      Kontera Community Manager

1. Mike Rogers profile image61
        Mike Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jonathan,

Kontera seems to me to be a good example of an idea that should perform better than it actually does.

I think it is inevitable that Kontera will indeed "cannibalize" some AdSense clicks or affiliate display clicks. It is simply logical that if there is one click to be had on the page the one that occurs is at the cost of another different choice.

That being said, I would have no problem enabling Kontera here or elsewhere provided the payouts were "on par" with AdSense at the very least. I am not sure I have ever heard a positive comment about Kontera payouts here or elsewhere. I am also not sure why that is, but it troubles me enough personally to simply avoid it entirely to this point.

If I am going to give up a juicy AdSense click, I can live with it going to an affiliate display where the payout is reasonably known. To lose one to a Kontera click with even the chance of "subpar" payout (again, going by word of mouth) just does not work for me.

I am fully open to convincing that Kontera is a smart move. I like the contextual placement and the interface, but is the general feeling among many online marketers that payouts are woefully behind other avenues accurate?

Any light you can shed would be quite helpful.

Mike smile

1. cohenj88 profile image60

Hi Mike,

I don't think it's inherent that there's only one ad click per page, or that one ad click had to come at the expense of another. For instance, because of the issue of "banner blindness", where readers become so over exposed to banner ads, that they stop noticing them completely, there's an entire segment of your readers whose ad clicks you miss out on completely without an AdSense alternative.

There are over 15,000 publishers on the Kontera network, and I'd venture a guess that at least 90% of them also use AdSense. That speaks to the effectiveness of Kontera, that so many publishers are using both Kontera and AdSense together - finding that the combination boosts their overall earnings. 

One thing that might alleviate your concerns is by adjusting your Kontera settings, so that Kontera ads appear in a separate window. That way you can be sure that even after your readers click on a Kontera ad, they can still return and be exposed to additional ads on your Hub. An explanation of how to have your Kontera ads open in a separate window can be found here: http://kb.kontera.com/questions/94/How+ … +window%3F

In terms of positive feedback about Kontera payouts some examples are the post I linked to in my previous comment,  NoRR4Me's comment further down in this thread, and this posting a came across earlier today of a Kontera publisher who makes of $2,000 a month on Kontera: http://www.exinkai.com/forum/reviews-/3 … a-earnings

Thanks,

- Jonathan

3. divacratus profile image88
      divacratusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the best way is to try it for yourself and see! smile Never hurts to try..

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Rosie, get acquainted with adsense and amazon. Those are the power of HubPages. smile Don't worry about Kontera. I mean if you want to try it, then by all means. Some people have made money from them and some have not. I have not heard anything good about them. But, don't feel stupid. hmm

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cagsil.  I just got my first Amazon sale today and earned 40 cents!!! Yippee!!!  I'm so thrilled.

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image64
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

I had Kontera but after I realized that is the irritating thing that pops out of every other word on sites I have visited, I got rid of it. I leave ASAP when I come across sites with it and figured if I did others would on mine too.

4. rminela profile image69
    rminelaposted 13 years ago

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Kotera on a hub. They can be annoying when you accidentally mouse over them.

5. AaronKr profile image57
    AaronKrposted 13 years ago

Kontera has been a huge waste of time for me.  I have had it for over 2 years and have earned..........wait for it.........$5.68 wow wee that is awesome just kidding.  Dont use it, its a waste of time.

1. shabarigirish profile image61
      shabarigirishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great you can cash out in another 35 years!!!
      I earned $0.88 in one year.... smile

6. WaffleCheese profile image42
    WaffleCheeseposted 13 years ago

I make a million bucks a day using Kontera.

Okay, I admit it, that was a lie. I wish it would become extinct. (Like reserve prices on eBay.... it serves no purpose. )

7. lindajot profile image66
    lindajotposted 13 years ago

I initially tried to sign up with Kontera, and for whatever reason I couldn't get the darn captcha to accept.  I tried like six times, and gave up.  Then, I heard they wern't all that important anyhow.

8. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Question, "Anyone earning money using Kontera?"

Answer, "Kontera."

1. OpinionDuck profile image61
      OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like that one.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
      C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

9. NoRR4Me profile image65
    NoRR4Meposted 13 years ago

I'm making money with Kontera. My suggestion would be to give it a try for yourself. I saw lots of negative comments about Kontera, but decided to try it anyway. I guess I'm just not the kind to follow the crowd. I like to experience things for myself. Many times when something is talked down that much, I automatically think there must be some good to it.

Anyway, I just made payout with Kontera last month and my earnings are starting out well so far this month. I have HubPages and several blogs. The tale about having to get 100,000 views per month is bogus. I haven't even had half of that amount of traffic the whole time I've been on HubPages and I only have 61 hubs! By the way, I didn't start adding much content until the HubPages health hub contest (I think it was in May) this year.

Some people are bias against any kind of textual ads popping up in their articles or hubs. It doesn't mean everybody dislike them. If I had followed the advice of the naysayers, I wouldn't be getting my $50 payout come the 1st week of next month. Try Kontera for yourself. 

I'm waiting for my $50 from Kontera to be deposited in my PayPal in a few weeks! Yay! Show me the money!       
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4213718_f248.jpg
    Good 'ol President Ulysses S. Grant, himself

10. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

Jonathon,

You show up every time to defend your income, but the fact remains: conceptual ads suck. The only one making real money is you. That is why you defend your turf so tenaciously.

You want to provide links about Kontera? Then here is a link on how to block all conceptual ads from your computer:

Kontera Scam

Hi Keith,

Kontera currently offers new publishers a 70% revenue share, which means the lion's share of money is going back to the Publisher.

Thanks,

- Jonathan

11. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I would love to back up your figures, Jonathan, but I never really had the chance. Your company cut my account, with no explanation and no reply to my emails.

With such shoddy service, it is of little surprise to me that other people think that Kontera suck.

Hi Sufidreamer,

I just took a look at your account and you were declined as a publisher because at the time you had an Insufficient amount of Text.

As you now have 160 Hubs that's not really an issue anymore, so I just reactivated your account. I'll contact you via e-mail about it, but just in case your e-mail address has changed you can reach me at jonathanc@kontera.com .

Thanks,

- Jonathan

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but no thanks - I went through the process of signing up and had my account cut a few weeks later, with no explanation or even the courtesy of a reply to my emails. I do not appreciate people wasting my time.

Subsequently, I did a lot of research about Kontera and came to the conclusion that I would rather crucify myself from an olive tree than install it on any of my hubs or sites smile

2. profile image0
        Lweinbergposted 13 years agoin reply to this

160 hubs? I was approved before having ANY hubs. Does that mean my measly 20 cents will be retracted? 3 cents was already taken away to begin with!

12. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I was getting plenty of views, over 1k each day. And making $2-3 dollars off of adsense. So I decided at that point I should try it. Kontera was only getting me $0.01-0.03 a day, and I left it on for 4-5 days, while I did get several clicks each day. I would not have reached my payout, and I'm not feeding them my money if they don't want to share. Dumb policy, they have to be losing so much more money by having that stupid cap.

Was disappointed because I wanted to prove everybody wrong, too bad.

Hi Mikeydoes,

A couple of notes:

It takes a couple of weeks for Kontera's algorithm to become fully acclimated to your site, so you wouldn't have gotten an accurate assessment of how well you could do using Kontera after  just 4-5 days.

Regarding the cap you're talking about, it sounds like your referring to your earnings not rolling over until the next month unless you earn $5. That policy was done away with a long time ago. Currently every cent you earn with Kontera rolls over into the next month until you reach the $50 minimum payout.

Thanks,

- Jonathan

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I made a Kontera thread last time and I would have liked you to post in it there(actually wanted you to). I would have def given it a longer chance. I suppose you weren't on, obviously.

I had a feeling that it took longer than 4-5 days, but I didn't want to lose my adsense earnings.

So money Does rollover? If that is the case I would have no problem putting it on. My adsense did NOT take a hit. I am not worried about not getting a payout until $50, just as long as I does carry over.

So to be clear.. I still get to keep my .05 cents that I had earned 3 weeks ago? Assuming I do reach the payout, whether its tomorrow or in 2 years.

It 100% rolls over.

I must have missed your last Kontera thread. If you link to it, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you brought up there.

Ok cool, I am putting it back on and I will report back on the thread eventually. I'm following you, that way I can't lose you next time.

Thanks for your help.

2. profile image0

Hey Johnatha,

Kontera keeps removing money I've heard and reducing my number of clicks I had accrued. Why is this? I don't know anybody whose ever clicked on one of those, but it seems you guys are slowly dwindling my earnings. What gives?

Hi Lane,

I've got your account up right now both in our Admin and as it appears on your Publisher Center, and both the amount of clicks and your revenue is exactly the same.

I think the problem was when you were checking your stats in the Detailed Reports section of your Publisher Center, you were only looking at your numbers for the last week, which is a rolling statistic. If you adjust the settings so that your seeing your numbers since November 30th, when you first implemented Kontera, you'll see that you've actually accumulated 31 ad clicks.

- Jonathan

1. profile image0

Thanks John, everything looks to be in order!

13. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 13 years ago

Relache, Patty Inglish, and thisoli are all hubbers that I recall who generally have positive things to say about Kontera.  You might want to do a forum search for each of their names with Kontera and see what comes up.

I've earned 1 payout so far and will probably again in 1-2 months.  My Adsense earnings continually increase, so I've seen no adverse effect from having both.  I don't expect it to earn at the same rate as Adsense since it's a different animal all together.

1. profile image0

I've been using Kontera about two weeks (entire time I've been on HP lol), and had about 23-26 clicks so far. They erased 3, bringing it down to 23...probably because some were accidents or something? Out of 23 clicks, I earned .20 cents! That's less than a penny per click. That's just silly.

14. MyMastiffPuppies profile image60
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 13 years ago

Wow! What a great discussion this created. It is very interesting to see it from several different views. I still feel fairly new to HubPages and although I had originally signed up for Kontera, I have it disabled because I had heard it only paid off if you had over 100K in views daily. So the jury is still out, I will have to see more proof before I can say it is a positive.

15. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I gave up using it because it wasn't working for me.

16. v.sridhar36 profile image60
    v.sridhar36posted 13 years ago

It has rolling pennies for me at Kontera. Your office never replied to a mail of mine. I never know what my earnings are till date. You have a system where you do not show up earnings past 6 months. I am dejected at your system. If you want to prove Kontera is better please do help hubbers. We want to make money and write quality articles. Moreover I have 'never seen a click more than a dollar worth' and click through rate is going deep low for any user ( in general ). I have just de activated Kontera on my hubs (126 in number). I want you to help us so that we can regain trust. No offense on anyone and we love to see your reply.

Thanks Kontera

Hi Venkatesan,

I haven't been able to track down your e-mail to us in our records, I'm not sure what happened.

I just made an inquiry about what your earnings are to date, and I'll let you know when I hear back. Did you have any other questions in that e-mail?

Thanks,

- Jonathan

17. v.sridhar36 profile image60

@ Bard It is not just you who suffered but many. People have long disputes with Kontera. They have Jonathan to help here. But Jonathan must look into things more carefully:(

18. v.sridhar36 profile image60

I never know what happened to many hubbers but in almost any post I find hubbers always wanted to keep kontera off in their hubs. They say it improves clicks in adsense. Jonathan can you explain this please for hubbers?

I actually touched on this earlier in the thread (it's getting pretty long).

Essentially using Kontera and Adsense together isn't an issue because they're displayed in different part of a webpage, and generally don't take ad clicks away from each other. I've ever heard people say that they've made more money with AdSense after adding Kontera. That's probably just a coincidence, but I think it's pretty safe to say Kontera can't negatively impact your AdSense earnings.

Also, because of "banner blindness" where a segment of your readers have become so over exposed to banner ads, that they stop noticing them completely, there's a significant amount of ad clicks you'd miss out on completely if you didn't have an AdSense alternative on your site.

1. Laura Marie profile image59
        Laura Marieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello

I too use Kontera and emailed the customer support to see when I am due a payment. I know in the past few months I have made the $50 minimum. I would just like to know when I shall receive my earnings. It would be good if Kontera had an outstanding payment feature or payment history.

I am pleased with my Kontera earnings this month. I have just over $19 with 73 hubs, which is pretty good. Nowhere near as good as adsense but I appreciate the extra.

Hi Laura,

If you give me the URL attached to your Kontera profile, I can look into that for you. It doesn't appear to be URL of your HubPages profile.

Speaking in general terms, our payment policy is Net 30, which means if you reached your minimum threshold by November 1st, you'd receive your payment around January 1st.

- Jonathan

1. profile image0

Johnathan, Do you mean that it takes 2 months to received payment after passing the threshold??

That's essentially what it means it real time.

19. Seafarer Mama profile image79
    Seafarer Mamaposted 13 years ago

I signed up for Kontera when I first started writing for Hub Pages. I seem to be earning more from Google Adsense. Have been paying more attention to Google and Amazon. Wonder if Kontera is reaping much. Will check that.

20. florencemanoharan profile image61
    florencemanoharanposted 13 years ago

Hi,
    Can anyone pls check my acount and say why I am not able to see ads even though I log out and see it. I applied for kontera 36 hours ago and was accepted and set my hubs to show ads about 24 hours ago.
    Thank you
    David

Hi David,

As I said in an e-mail to you, your account has been approved and ads are appearing over your content. I think the problem was you can't see Kontera ads on HubPages when you're signed into Kontera.

- Jonathan

1. canadawest99 profile image61
        canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Johnathon, if Kontera wants to be a real option, then you better tell your management that a couple cents per click is outrageous.  You cheapen your company by paying out a pittance to people.   Google, love or hate em, at least pays a reasonable amount per click and I can filter out low paying advertisers if I want.

New Kontera publishers receive the same 70% revenue share no matter what ad is showing, so really it comes down to what ads your receiving. While we have an exclusive inventory of high CPC ads, if for some reason you're not receiving them, or there are some ads you don't want to receive, you can contact us at support@kontera.com and we'll have an account manager make the necessary adjustments to your account.

- Jonathan

1. thisisoli profile image72
            thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just out of interest if new Kontera users are getting 70% commission what are old Kontera users getting? :p

It varies, but usual a revenue share in the 50%-70% range.

2. Mikeydoes profile image44

I've noticed I can sign off of Hubpages and still can't see them. BUT I knew they were on. To be sure I just checked the next day, and there was no problem. If I really wanted to make sure I could have just tried on a different computer, that works every time.

I think that has to do with HubPages settings more than anything else.  Because Hubpages is sometimes running your ads, sometimes their own, and not showing any when your signed, there might be additional settings we don't know about. I've also seen instances were i haven't seen Kontera ads where I've been expecting them.

It's a question that only a HubPages employee would be able to answer.

21. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I have tested Kontera extensively, but I found that the amount I lost by disabling Kontera did not make up for the small benefit it made to adsense earnings.

Kontera does get a lot of bad press because it does give a small amount of earnings, but it takes up next to no advertising space.

In my opinion, after testing, the only reason to NOT install kontera is if you are morally opposed to the pop up ads they place on the page.

It doesn't matter how many visitors you have, there are plenty of people making less than $30 a month on adsense now, should they disable ads until they see higher traffic?

In my opinion if you are here to make money you should make the most of every advertising option on here.

Kontera did accumulate a bad reputation for things like not rolling over low values, however they have FIXED these problems, and they actually communicate from publishers, which is something you cannot say about Adsense.

Kontera is a low earner, but it is an additional earning.

I have the same mentality as this.

I have been making around the same amount of money on Adsense with Kontera as I would without it.

If everyone had Kontera as an affiliate it would benefit everyone. Not only would people be more used to seeing those ads, they will know how to avoid them and know more about them the more they see them.

I strongly agree with Oli saying its another revenue stream. When I found out I get to keep the money I recieve from Kontera and that it rolls over. I turned it back on.

Kontera should be reconsidered and used by us all, it will benefit us in the long run.

22. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Well oli's post is giving me one more reason to enable kontera on selected hubs. tongue

I'll test it for 90 more days to see the results.

23. adsensesecrets profile image60
    adsensesecretsposted 13 years ago

I have tried both Kontera and Adsense. Adsense definitely out preformed by clicks!

Yep, Adsense performs better, but these ads are NOT in competition. At least not to any significant degree.

I get about 10% of the earnings from Kontera that I do from Adsense, but who here want's to turn down a 10% bonus?

I just like to make the most money from every article I write.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the first I am hearing of anyone making money with Kontera. I gave up on them eonns ago. I really could not figure Kontera out.

1. Laura Marie profile image59
          Laura Marieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have made $25 this month so far from Kontera, just from my hubs. I feel it is a worthwhile site, but I agree it does not seem to work for everyone

2. thisisoli profile image72

There are quite a few authors on here who use Kontera, it's just another available option.

There is not much to figure out, it is just another way of pulling money from traffic.

2. Mikeydoes profile image44

If everyone used it we would get more relevant ads as well, so actually probably more than 10%. At least in the future.

I doubt it, the ctr is too low, less clicks = less earnings. My epc between kontera and google is not actually too far off.

I'd have to disagree with you there.

I'm not saying I'm right(you very may well be, but to me it seems like I have a solid point). If more people saw these Kontera ads on a daily basis, it would be an afterthought as soon as they pop up, and it would be more expected. If the content is relevant, the last thing people will do is leave the page. People are seeing more and more ads on websites, and are learning that the best stuff has ads.

If more people used kontera, more businesses would, and ads/revenue would become even better in years to come. The ads will become much more relevant, among other things. I think the benefits of Kontera haven't really started yet, but I have a feeling that they will end up being great in the future. Assuming they make little tweaks here and there and always improve themselves.

I am still sticking with my phrase "the more people that use Kontera, the more money we could all potentially make." Just like people had to put up with commercials on TV, they are going to have to put up with advertising on sites. Luckily on the internet ads could be tailored to a certain group of people and or a single person(single person advertizing will be huge). And on top of that, instantly they will receive what it is they want to order/look for. Internet advertising has only scratched the surface IMO. I am sure Google will come up with new and innovative ways to get the best ads on our sites. I'm assuming Kontera will do the same.

If I ran an advertizing company, my only priority would be to somehow get the best ads that will create huge cash flows for me and my employees/affiliates. If my affiliates like it, they will only work harder to make more money. I wouldn't just keep Kontera how it is now, because certainly it is a work in progress, along with adsense.

The reason I say Kontera has a lower click through rate is because Kontera is not a 'displayed ad'.

Adsense for instance appaers directly on the page, you see it immediately, it is eye catching, and it is visable.

Kontera on the other hand requires a meaningful action just to bring up the ad (since an accidental hover over will usually mean it is immediately closed)and then the person has to decide if the ad is interesting or not.

This is simply why Kontera will never match up to Adsense in terms of earnings, they dont get the exposure to visitors, and hence you will see a much lower click through rate from each 1000 visitors you receive.

Check your adsense clicks vs. kontera clicks if you want to see it for yourself.

Kontera is already a pretty big ad network and has some pretty high profile advertisers.  While more advertisers would increase bids on ad spots, it probably would not be enough to really create a noticable difference to publishers with low traffic.

24. beth811 profile image76
    beth811posted 13 years ago

Never tried Kontera. I dn't know how it works too

25. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

So all in all, Kontera's been on the site for what...? About a year?

Is anyone seeing improvements and raised earnings since it was first implemented? Or is Kontera just on HP and almost nobody is able to benefit from it?

It's been on for much longer than a year, and most people see low earnings and chuck it immediately, not realising that it is a supplement.  Just as Google has earned me around 15% of my Amazon earnings this month, Kontera is earning me 15% of my Google earnings.  If I dropped adsense I could probably gain a 5% increase on Amazon, but I would still be losing 10%, the same applies to Adsense vs Kontera, I could drop Kontera and gain a 5% boost to Amazon earnings but I would still be losing 10% of possible earnings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)