My first month earnings!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Yesterday I checked my Adsense earnings and it was ZERO... I got so depressed my son told me "Mom, will you knock it off! It's not the end of the world!"  and today... today I got $0.40.  Yippee!

It might just be 40 cents to you, but for me it is my very first earnings and this gives me hope that someday I will get my first paycheck.  Yippee!

Have a nice day y'all!
    Rosie

1. She-rah profile image68
      She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I remember my first $.70 from adsense. Took a while for just that very first click and I cried when I saw my $.70. I was just tickled to death to know that I'd even been publishing and had everything set up right, smile Keep at it and it will get better and better as time goes on!

Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks She-rah, OMG! I actually said "OMG!"  I was that excited.  Yes, that was it too.. I now know everything is set up right.  I was wondering if I did something wrong in setting up my Adsense account.  thanks.

Have a nice day,
        Rosie

1. She-rah profile image68
          She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome! Yes, LOL, very exciting! I was so worried, I had no idea what I was doing when I first started. I only have 11 or so hubs and have made over $700 between adsense, ebay, and amazon in the last 60 days but I work on a bit of a different approach outside of just publishing. Ran on autopilot all summer and just now getting back into things for the winter months!

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

More will come! Keep writing at least 5-14 hubs a week. My first few months were not much, but I just reached payout last month.

Theres usually a point when you break through, and start making money everyday. Monthly earnings should increase as long as you keep writing, and older hubs may age and get traffic smile

Thanks David, 5-14 hubs a week? I just finished 30hubs in 30days and that was so difficult. lol  Congratulations in getting your first payout!!!

Have a nice day,
        Rosie

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, there was a time I was doing 2 a day. Do as much as whats in your means. It depends on what type of topics your going to write about.

Also, depends on your goals. I actually been hiatus a little bit this month. Once my college semester is over, I should be back to writing more smile

Good luck wink

3. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rosie,

Today is 0.40 cents, tomorrow it will be lot more! Congratulations! Truly wish you success.

thanks cookingdiva, I'll keep on keeping on.  It's a big relief to know I did everything correctly.. when I was seeing those Zeros, I could scream! lol

Have a nice day,
        Rosie

4. warchild75 profile image61
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol i remember the day i got some earnings,i think it was about 50 cents or so and i was super happy too,now it has snowballed in under a year to a payout every month!!!smile Keep up the good work!!

thanks warchild, I guess the first time to see earnings in our account instead of Zero, is so thrilling.  Congratulations on getting payout every month now.

Have a nice day,
        Rosie

5. OpinionDuck profile image61
      OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

adCENTS ~:}

6. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know exactly what you mean. I've been doing adsense on my website for a while now and my husband makes fun of me when I start dancing a little jig over every little click that I get (so far I still haven't reached the payout). smile

7. princess g profile image59
      princess gposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with 40 cents, it's a start:) congrats

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! It took me about three months to earn my first 25c.

If you write quality articles and keep at it, writing 3-5 a week, the earnings will increase over time. And once you've been here about 9 months you'll probably be close to payout. Hard to believe right now but it will snowball and you'll find the earnings slowly increase each month.

Hiya WryLilt, thank you so much.  I just read your hub about your 200th hub and I think I will follow your lead about writing product hubs.  Thank you that was very helpful.  I'm so excited!

Have a nice day,
      Rosie

2. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't sign up for AdSense until about 2 1/2 months after my first hubs, which was good for me.  I would have obsessed myself silly!  Then I made about $10 that first month.  I've been making payout monthly since my anniversary month.

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Good!

Now you see that it does work. Keep writing and keep reading other hubs, so you can improve your own work. smile

Sooner or later you'll make payout. smile

Enjoy! smile

Thanks Cagsil, that's exactly why I'm so excited to see I earned 40 cents.  It means everything is fine and HP works.  I'm so happy I just had to share.

Have a nice day,
      Rosie

4. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's working for ya!

Thanks Flightkeeper, yesss it's working!  Now I know everything is ok, I just have to write more and continue to learn from others.

Have a nice day,
      Rosie

5. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

The first earnings are the most exciting. Now they will only get bigger. Just keep writing.

Thanks Wendy, OMG! I was so excited I actually said "OMG!"  It was such a thrill when I checked my Adsense account today to see, not Zero, but a real number.. and 40 cents is just the most beautiful number I've seen in a long time.

Have a nice day,
      Rosie

6. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Rosie,

You do know you can respond to everyone in one post? You don't have to post a response to each person. You'll get tired fairly quickly replying to posts.... lol

Just a thought. smile

7. lindajot profile image66
    lindajotposted 13 years ago

Nice!  It's so great to see the excitement - I've only been on here a little over a month, and I know it will increase as we keep with it.  Hooray for you smile

8. jokeapptv profile image60
    jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

very cool im on my way.

9. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

'The journey of a 1000 miles start with a single step' Lao-Tzu

We've all got to start from somewhere and once we've taken that first baby step then we're one step closer to where we want to be ... Keep going!

10. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

Congrats Rosie, I know your excitement. First earnings is always special and will be in our memory for forever.

11. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

well, you need my account detail to transfer the amount now? lol

congrats big_smile

12. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Congrats Rosie and May God Bless!!   Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.   You are ther best.

13. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I remember my first 13p, it came within a few days, then for some strange reason I decided I wouldn't look again until I'd written at least 50 hubs, I looked again at that point and I'd earned around £3. Then it took a long while to reach £60, steadily passing £10, £20 it got easier.
    First pay check is the hardest, took me around 8 months, ever since its been a fairly steady stream of £130 a month so far. However I have to take into account Ive been working on other sites because I know I won't make enough for self employment on hubs alone!

14. workingmomwm profile image79
    workingmomwmposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the inspiration. I've only published 5 hubs so far and was a little disappointed that I haven't made anything yet (Google or Amazon). I'll just keep writing and hope that it will come. Not that I thought I would get rich quick on this site. It just gets discouraging when I think about all the time I put into writing hubs, and I have nothing to show for it yet. I'll keep hoping, though. Thanks again, and congrats on your success! :-)

15. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

congrats, it will roll on sooner than you think!

1. onceuponatime66 profile image59
      onceuponatime66posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rosie2010- Keep up the great work!  Much love light and blessings sent to you.  Your fan, Jackie ♥

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)