Mac or PC?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (52 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I PC, how about you?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

PC for me. smile

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

PC with Linux...

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have worked with macintosh ever since that really funny looking original ones came out.

Working in an Industry driven by creativity, I could never go another way, it seems to always be whatever we were exposed to first and started with.  However had I owned a PC I still would need to use Mac for global compatability

4. profile image35
      nbbatt.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like PC. PC is user-friendly operation.

5. willjackson profile image58
      willjacksonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i'll go with MAC no hang time

6. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I PC, too.  Happily.

2. Annabelle74 profile image61
    Annabelle74posted 13 years ago

PC all the way smile
    Annabelle
    www.ocdridiculouslife.com

3. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Oh-oh...you're not trying to incite a superiority contest are you? These Macophiles are a proud bunch.  We PCers are still considered wusses you know.

No matter.  It might be heresy, but at the end of the day, whichever you use, it's still just an operating system.  If it works for you, and you can get your work done efficiently...hey, whatever floats yer boat, huh smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely right!
      I'm a Mac-- just because my kids taught me how to use it.

4. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I'm definitely PC (although my jokes have been known to be un-PC)

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

ummm, what's a mac?

6. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Mac

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Okay, Mac? ;D

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Once upon a time they were known as an Apple Mackintosh, before they decided that 'Mackintosh' was an entirely uncool name, and dropped the 'kintosh', leaving 'Mac'.

1. profile image0
          ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. after Apple. I first tried a Mac, but then settled on a PC

2. sunforged profile image69
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no k

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

PC all the way!

8. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

I can go either way.  I have recently been using the Mac a lot more though.

9. Dorothee-Gy profile image66
    Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

Tried the mac, couldn't get used to it, now I'm gratefully back to PC! No questions anymore.

10. Csanad profile image69
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

PC because:
    1. much cheaper
    2. much more customizabe softwarewise (install whichever OS you want to)
    3. much more customizable hardwarewise (RAM, processors, etc)
    4. much larger variety of designs to choose from (many manufacturers).

11. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

Mac.
    I don't wanna mess about on the inside of the machine. I just want a machine that frigging works when I turn it on and doesn't crash for no stinking reason.

12. passthejelly profile image72
    passthejellyposted 13 years ago

It all depends on what you will being using you computer for... PCs are great for all kinds of things, but what I really like about Macs are that they don't get viruses. I also think that Mac makes better laptops.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is a misconception, Macs DO get viruses. And you should have a Mac compatible anti-virus.

It is true that Macs are much less prone to Malware, but you are still at equally high risk of getting a virus when downloading a counterfeit file or using Torrents etc..

But I guarentee that there are plenty of Mac specific viruses out there which you still need to protect yourself against.

1. passthejelly profile image72
        passthejellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, from personal experience, my mac that I've had for 3 years has never once gotten any malware.  On that note, ever PC that I've had has gotten one. Sure they probably do exist, but I've never gotten one and I don't know of anyone that I know getting one, so I guess I should have said less susceptible.

2. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, there are not "plenty". There are a few, but they are pretty rare.

13. Mikas007 profile image57
    Mikas007posted 13 years ago

I've got a PC, but I would like to have a Mac smile

14. Richard Craig profile image60
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I'd have a Mac but for the price. So that makes me a PC for now

1. BRANDONHEATHTART profile image61
      BRANDONHEATHTARTposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what is a PC?

i am f'n joking, of course...but WTF is it?  pieces of .....

P's of Crap...different makers, all of which don't work for apple...

1. Richard Craig profile image60
            Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, I thought you were serious! lol

2. Richard Craig profile image60
        Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A Personal Computer.

i know man...i know

15. Morgan F profile image60
    Morgan Fposted 13 years ago

APPLE

APPLE

APPLE!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

16. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

PC, but if I could go back I would have done more work on Macs when I was young. Back then Macs were seen as more of a entertainment computer for playing games and making art while PC's were used for real business. In some cases that's still the way things are, but there is certainly more of a Mac influence on the tech world with iPods and iPhones being so popular.

17. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

FURTHERMORE YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

'ONCE YOU GO MAC, YOU NEVER GO BACK'

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3977411_f248.jpg

smile smile neutral neutral sad sad big_smile big_smile yikes yikes wink hmm tongue lol mad roll cool

18. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I "graduated" from PC to Mac.

Still adjusting, but like it a lot. hmm

19. jondav profile image69
    jondavposted 13 years ago

PC - cant get on with Macs, although i accept they have some advantages.

20. rui paiva profile image60
    rui paivaposted 13 years ago

The itern battle in the computer world. I honestly like both.

21. mashimaroz profile image57
    mashimarozposted 13 years ago

PC - Because there are tons of applications and hardware that supports it. MAC's gears are quite expensive to me.

22. acaetnna profile image71
    acaetnnaposted 13 years ago

Macs are the absolute best.  Totally reliable and absolutely awesome.  I am a complete fan.

23. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

I have  a Mac with OS 10.6.4 and Windows 7 OS installed. I have the best of both world.

24. gsburgess profile image59
    gsburgessposted 13 years ago

I have a Mac running Snow Leopard, with Windows 7 set up on boot camp.  One for user-friendly work, one for games.  Both have their advantages.

25. dsm091 profile image60
    dsm091posted 13 years ago

For work use a PC.  For home use I would love a macbook.  I like ubuntu also.

26. mrchiew.sg profile image61
    mrchiew.sgposted 13 years ago

I am currently typing on a Macbook that runs Windows 7 from BootCamp. I switch to Mac when I need to do iPhone programming, and I use Windows most of the time when I'm writing articles. smile

27. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Mac.

The only Windows here is in VmWare and I hardly ever run it. Oh, and on an old laptop that I leave out when we are out to give  dumb and lazy thieves a reason for not searching harder.  I have even thought of deliberately infecting it just to be more mean smile

Since Spring, most of my day is on my iPad.  If I could post to HP and do Mac programming on it, I would hardly use any of my Macs any more either.

28. fanatik_efka profile image76
    fanatik_efkaposted 13 years ago

PC whatever you will say. it's just better

29. profile image55
    photo-enthusiastposted 13 years ago

Mac. All the way. I've used a Mac for the past 10 years now and can't even think of going back. Macs are more user friendly than PC's. The best part is that I don't have to worry about some sort of virus or trojan going into my Mac.

30. profile image52
    theipadtesterposted 13 years ago

Definitely PC...totally trustable..but yup does test your patience at times but guess thats ok..

31. profile image52
    mikeallenposted 13 years ago

Generally :-
    MACs - are people who are more artistic than technical minded. They want to swicth on and go. That is fine obviously but the drawbacks are,  hardware costs are more expensive, support (can be) more expensive. Software can be more expensive.  But MACs do work - so maybe from a I just want to ghet it done and screw the cost point of view - then it does the job.

PC's tend to be for people who dont mond getting their hands dirty.  The OS is more open, maybe too open.  You can turn and tweak your PC into many different things.

I am a PC user - but I love the graphics of a MAC.

I personally think the way it is going - Google and their online apps and everythiong done through a browser approach, plus 'cloud based software as a service' means there is a new option on the horizon.  Greater choice = cheaper pricem, usually, which is good for everyone.

1. kenhubs profile image60
      kenhubsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely PC. Where I am from Macs are a luxury, they are hard to come by and when you do find them they are so expensive, if not for Mac books some of us might not even know what a Mac is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)