3 Hubs in 60 minutes. Are you daring enough to do this challange?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

As Shadesbreath challanged fellow hubbers in his "30 Minute Hub Challenge: ONE hub - 30 Minutes: Join the FUN...hurry!" I got inspired by this challange and created this challange.
    Hubbers who missed shadesbreath challange can take part in this challange. This challange is available for everybody at any time. To take part in this challange you need to follow these rules. Enjoy:) 

Simple rules:

1: Three Hubs.  You have 60 minutes to write it, from scratch. (you can have your word doc open in advance etc., obviously, just no writing). No cheating and using something you started before.

2: Set a timer.  When it goes off, you have to hit publish.

3: If you don't hit publish you will become a bookworm and for your whole life and sit and read childrens playschool books. LOL.

4: You can always go back and edit later, but you will have a hub up. (pictures, videos, links can go in later too... the point is to see if you can make your hub better and impress other hubbers and me.

5: Link your new hub here so we can read it.

7: Go read everybody's and say how awesome it is even though they might suck probably worse than yours.

8. Let us know you are going to play so we can count you towards our 10 player minimum.

That's it. If you are ready, LETS START!

1. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jason,

I have come to realize, I am not quick writer, when I write quick, I make so many mistakes that takes me 3 hours to fix it. :-( So, my days as fast hubbers are gone.

I am here to cheer you all on!

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

What an excellent way to produce hubs of sub-standard quality.

1. profile image0
      JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes darkside. So are you in. If yes i will count you in. Please reply.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously Darkside's sarcasm flew right over your head.

Writing one hub in thirty minutes means you have to think on the fly.

Writing three hubs, with only twenty minutes each is a recipe for both failure and extreme low quality.

2. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darkside,

I like the humor, I mean Sarcasm in here, do tell us how you feel, please. Btw, I am fan of your hubs and learned a lot as I said in my newbie guide. Keep up the good work.

3. warchild75 profile image61
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking that myself,well said

4. C.V.Rajan profile image60
      C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

5. 6 String Veteran profile image66
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

3. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

A HubChallenge is still supposed to produce quality hubs and this one is very unlikely to do that. Hitting the publish button three times is easy but above all quality counts.

4. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I prefer write 1 hub in 3 hours that perform rather than 3 not performing hubs.

5. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 13 years ago

ouch. I can barely do one in one day

6. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

I am going to try it tonight after work!

1. profile image0

Best of luck to you Betty.

7. Betty Reid profile image60

Okay, I got busy with something else last night.  I am starting now.

1. profile image0

Ok then, Good luck:)

8. Betty Reid profile image60
    1. Pandoras Box profile image59
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darkside was right. I am not surprised, he usually is.

1. profile image0

Betty, I am Going to start writing my 3 hubs in 60 minutes on this comming weekend, Maybe friday or saturday.

2. profile image0

Everybody,  We have our first winner and that is BETTY REID! She has  published 3 hubs in 60 minutes that is 1 hour! Congrats to Betty Reid.

I see that in the comments you all have posted, You have posted that "this challange is hopless, all hubs that will be published will be sub-standard quality".  Are you all not ready or you don't have time to do this challange or maybe you all are very scared to do this challange?

I say that take "Take Betty Reid's example and do this challange". After all, It's a challange.

9. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 13 years ago

If I had three outlines ready I might be able to do it, but I think they would be UGLY:)I barely got through my 30 minute hub....well  really didn't even get through that one either:)

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I'm not daring enough.

But I do know how to spell challange.

What do I win?

1. profile image0

Oh Mark, You alawys make me laugh! Mark you have won my heart as a good friend so now i faith in you and i can trust you. You have become one of my good friends here on hubpages.
      Mark my friend, Just try to do this challange, Maybe you will win too?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jason, I am lost for words. Thanks!

There is nothing that would tempt me to try to beat the clock.  I need to be inspired and free to just throw words together until something emerges. I have a growing collection of Word documents that are not yet ready, and may never be ready for publication.

Sorry, bit of a long answer.  One other thing.

Above all else, I am trying to write pieces that might make some money.  It takes time.

1. profile image0

Mark you said that "I need to be inspired and free to just throw words together until something emerges". Well, I will reveal you a secret, Mark the first time when i was browsing on hubpages you were the first one i met here and i truly got inspired by you, So i joined hubpages to become like you and get more inspired by you.
          You were my inspiration here from start. This is my little secret that i have reveled to you. Mark i am not forcing you to do this challange, It's ok with me if you don't do it. So take your time and write hubs that will make you some money. Best of luck Mark. I hope and i know that you make some very amazing and excellent quality of hubs in the future.

Thanks Jason.  I really am lost for words now.

1. Betty Reid profile image60
              Betty Reidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go, Mark, Go!

2. Karanda profile image79
      Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Challange or challenge? Nice pick up Ewbie. Either way this is too big a challenge for me. I'm lucky to come up with one hub in a week! lol lol

11. Betty Reid profile image60

Ign Andy and princess G, to write a hub I really like takes me about three days.  Perhaps this is why I have so many unfinished drafts on my laptop!  For these three hubs in 60 minutes, I had not written an outline, but I had been thinking about the topics for a while.

darkside and friends, thank you for your constructive feedback.  Right now I am working on increasing my quantity.  In response to your comments, I am going to reduce my quantity goal, so I can return to editing sooner (but not quite yet).

Jason Nicols, thank you for the recognition!  Perhaps I will try it again this weekend too.  I look forward to reading your three speedy hubs.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing difficult about writing 3 hubs in an hour, especially if one is a fast typist and just writes what one thinks. Typing at 80 words per minute, one can type 3200 words in about 45 minutes. That's about 1000 words per hub which is reasonable. One then has 5 minutes to put them up.

Whether they woudl attract any traffic, be a topc that people would want to read, or anything else is another matter! smile

Thinking about it now, I am a slow trypist but I manged to do neary 3 an hour most days.  Because no one reads them I dont bother doing nothing good. It's a chicken and egg thing.  The reeder and the riter.

I'll stop now.  Sorry.  Bit bored.

1. profile image0

Oh come on! I was enjoying that talk.

12. Beege215e profile image57
    Beege215eposted 13 years ago

I published three this morning, I have no idea if they are any good, but I did background work on them and I spent time editing, spellchecking and adding new thoughts.  there is no way I am going to do 3 in one hour. I have to wait for inspiration and then fact checking or topic research. I am nowhere near your level of speed. Perhaps next year.

1. profile image0

This announcement is for Everybody and specially those who find this challange difficult, I have made this challange easy and have given you another challange that is "2 hubs in an hour. What do you think of that?"
      If you want to take up this challange, search it in the foroums. So if you are ready to take up this challange, go to that post and start writing. Who knows you might even compelete it within an hour?

13. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

My hubs are substandard when I spend a week on them, lol.  Trying for 3 in an hour would be a recipe for disaster for me. 

I only launch the 30 minute hub challenges on Fri-Sat nights after a few beers, when I'm in the mood to just emote be it rant or rave when quality doesn't matter. We can argue whether my last hub is good or horrendous, but I think that on the whole, I know there's no way I could produce 3 good ones in 20 minutes apiece. I salute anyone who could pull it off though.  Habee might be able to.

1. profile image0

Really shadesbreath, you said it right. "Habbe might be able to do it". Actually habee will be able to do it because she is one of the LEGENDS here on hubpages!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)