How to get more views and followers?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 13 years ago

So i am an active Huuber and i write good blogs. Ones that i have found people searching for. So please no answers like, "Write good hubs that interest people." Or something like that. Could i get more followers from commenting on others hubs? Could i gain views and followers from posting on the forums?

1. Singular Investor profile image71
      Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say you get more views by getting your hubs higher up in Google and you get your hubs higher up in Google by getting more backlinks - I haven't checked your hubs specifically but you can never have too many backlinks

P.S. I just looked at 2 of your hubs - the Facebook one and The Evony one - the Facebook hub was way too short, you need 400 words as an absolute minimum - the Evony one was much better as you seem to be interested in what you were writing about, if you are into online gaming I would write about that as people are always looking for ways to improve their online gaming
        But you will still need backlinks to your hubs (you need to create Squidoo pages, Redgage bookmarks, links on Folkd etc...) if you haven't already done so.

P.P.S. If you've already got some blogs of your own make sure you put links to your hubpages from your blogs

2. S Jayaseeli profile image57
          S Jayaseeliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Singular Investor can you take a look at my hub and suggest what I must do to improve it. I am new. To be exact, I joined many months ago and took a break.  Made just one hub which got featured. I have enough idea for my hubs but I am not very sure of the way I can get traffic.

Thank you.

2. pisethz profile image60
      pisethzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess to have a hub article with more than 500 words plus is good for long term traffic. to get more followers and readers the hub articles must be useful or at least has some entertaining purposes.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you're writing blogs on HubPages, no wonder you're not getting views.  HubPages is not a blogging site.  It's a place to write long, informative, magazine-style articles which answer a question or provide assistance on a particular topic.

Most Hubbers would say you can't start earning decent money on HubPages until at least 80% of your traffic is coming from outside HubPages, via the search engines.   So getting more followers and getting traffic are two completely different things, because followers are internal - they're all other Hubbers.  It's nice to have followers to keep you motivated, but they won't help you earn money.

I'm not going to offer you advice on how to get traffic, considering you've already written a Hub about it so I presume you're already an expert.

1. electronician profile image79
        electronicianposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Marissa, I know you are right but can't internal traffic help with getting comments and shares and maybe even other links, which in turn will increase your external traffic?

2. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Raptor Claw, I have a few followers who found me simply because I commented on their Hubs or answered a question they asked. So yes, providing feedback to other Hubbers via comments, questions, or forums can help improve traffic and followers.

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago
  4. Mikeydoes profile image41
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Keywords... And relevance of your hub to those keywords. If people search for "tables with 4 legs" and your hub gets viewed by people and it is exactly what they are looking for, there is no doubt you will be at the top of search results. This is assuming there isn't strong competition in the keywords you choose. Which if that is the case, it looks to me like you have the wrong keywords.

Followers.. Don't worry about them, they will come in due time. Be active in forums and write hubs, people will follow you. Also commenting and being active on other people's hubs certainly helps.

The best way to get followers be a genuine/real person.

1. brentwilliams2 profile image65
      brentwilliams2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Nigerian prince who would like to put $14 million dollars into your bank account.  Will you follow me? 

smile

(p.s. I'm just being goofy - please don't mark this as spam!)

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh.

So you don't want my bank account number then? I was away to look it out because I could do with $14m.

5. Tanya Torres profile image59
    Tanya Torresposted 10 years ago

Great advice. smile

6. juliaDexter profile image54
    juliaDexterposted 10 years ago

nice smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)