Spam fans

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Frieda Babbley profile image80
    Frieda Babbleyposted 15 years ago

Is there any way to delete "spam fans" aka those who when you go back and look at their hubtivity all they've done for hours is become fans of hubbers, and when you note their score, it's a 1 and they've been on hubpages for quite a while?

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

deny them, or go to their screen page and go for the option quit "blah,blah jerk suck up, phony baloney" fan club. I've given the boot to some and for others, I just don't automatically join them, unless I see they are actually hubbing. they may not write in the same way, like you and I, but they may be legit in providing informational hubs, and that's cool with me.

1. Pest profile image79
        Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I join the "secksi" hubbers...that is how I joined Toad's fanny club.  roll  wink

I shaved today.

Frieda Babbleyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't.

powdered?

are you kidding?  I'm not a baby's butt.

I use flea powder myself, I have to when you hang around with Pest

fleas aren't so bad, you just scratch em like you do the rest of you.

2. Pest profile image79

Those are crabs, Toad.  geez i aint sleepin' with the cat!

2. Frieda Babbley profile image80

Is that why you joined mine?  It's the white stockings and the plaid skirt, isn't it.  I've got that falling for you look going on.  I know it drives you mad.

1. Pest profile image79

the fact that you don't shave your legs and the plaid skirt.  I go crazy thinking of what I can do to those hairy legs and pits!  Be still my heart!

I know, I know.  I've got it goin' on, don't I?

1. Elena. profile image85
                Elena.posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You do!  Here's the resident expert talking!  Laugh!

All right, I'm going back to writing ... stuff! tongue

Bye Eleni.  Waiting for something of yours to read.  I'm jonesing over here.

Sorry, I mean Elena.  Eleni is my aunt's name.  She's gorgeous, so don't worry.

2. Proud Mom profile image60
                  Proud Momposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh Good!!!!!!  I'm excited!

2. Elena. profile image85
    Elena.posted 15 years ago

I think you can click the "Deny" button next the the hubber's name.  That's on your fan list on your profile.  I think!

1. Proud Mom profile image60
      Proud Momposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I only get the "deny" button when they've submitted fan mail, and then it only deletes what they've written.  They are still there, though. 
      Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

That's the way it is with mine. sad

3. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

I think you go on their profile page and click on quit so and so's fan club and then you delete them from you

4. Elena. profile image85

What GT and CC say is to quit these people's fan clubs, but I don't think that removes them from YOUR fan list.  I think that's what you were asking, originally?  Or did I get that wrong?

And PM is right, you only get the Deny button when folks leave fan mail, otherwise you don't have that option.  Could it be that there's no way to remove a fan from one's list??

you're right Elena, that was the case. I don't know anything then. Sorry FB.

But you know everything, GT! And through your beer tinted glasses you make it look more interesting than I'd ever really find it otherwise!!!!

Well, thanks Toadie.  At least you tried.

I didn't join their fan club.  I don't unless I've read their stuff and am a fan in one way or another.  I don't fan people because they fan me.  So yeah, that's not the issue.  Someone became a fan today (so it would be the last person on my fan list) and if you go back and check out their hubtivity, you see that all they literally have done for forever was fan everyone.  Now I could say I don't care, whatever, but it makes my fan page ugly.  I love my fans and think they're great and don't feel as though they should be listed with someone that doesn't belong there, someone who's not really a fan in any way shape or form, someone who is just promoting themselves.

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Elena is correct about how you do not have to become the fans of certain people, but you cannot control who decides to become your fan.  To me if someone spammy wants to be my fan that is fine, but it does not mean I have to read their hubs.

argh!  There must be SOME way.

Seems not, been trying just about everything for the past 20 minutes! 

Last hope would be team@hubpages.com !!

I'll give that a try then I guess.  thanks Elena.  Thanks everybody actually.  Fast response team we've got here on hubpages.  Kudos, people!

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am certainly in agreeance with you on that !!!big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just imagine what could have happened if Britney or Paris could have controlled who becomes their fan? yikes

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The rest would be history!!! What I meant was you do not have to become the fans of those who do write articles, as I love to read those... Personally I love my fans!!!smile

3. crashcromwell profile image66
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very well put SweetiePie. I can't remember his name right now, but a couple months ago, there was a guy who joined hundreds of fan clubs in his first couple weeks here, mine included. It created somewhat of a stir here in the forums, and so I decided to send this guy an email so I could ask him directly why he wasn't writing hubs and just joining fan clubs. I never got a response from the guy.

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

"I don't know anything then." Oh GT, we all know that's not true! You know a whole heck of a lot ...and you're more than willing to share it with us (and we're oh, so grateful). That is why you will never, ever be a Spammer Dude.
    I think SweetiePie has the right idea here -- it doesn't hurt to have someone undesirable be your fan. Doesn't mean you have to ever interact with them.

MM- I don't know nuttin' about nuttin'

How ya doin? You hanging in there?

7. Mighty Mom profile image77

Ok, now I'm really curious (not to be confused with aroused). Frieda -- who is this mysterious spam fan who is making your fan page "ugly" anyway? It cannot be GT, as we know he shaved today. It cannot be Pest, as we all know Pest is among the -- if not THE secksiest male hubber on these pages. Do tell...

go to my fan page and it's the last one there.  It's a black and white photo, I think.  hold on.

itsb07
        that's who it is.  HE's not ugly, but the fact that he fanned me the way he did is which makes him ugly to me.  Oh I don't know.  I get riled up about stuff like that sometimes.

ah he's infamous, Cristoph went after him one time and that was the day I learned to edit the fan settings so I don't see who's becoming a fan of who, because one day, he was just blowing up my screen and everyone else's too.

Blowing up your screen?  I'm going to have to figure out how to fix my settings.  It's probably to late for him though, huh.

go to your hubtivity settings, go to fans, edit preferences and then you can select what you want to see, I don't see anyone's medals or fans

ah.  thanks for the tip toad

8. Elena. profile image85

I swear, I am literally laughing here!  I wasn't sure if Pest was asking about the aunt in question or about me! Laugh!  just in case, I don't shave.  I mean... I don't need to!!  God!

Frieda, Eleni is yours truly, too, for the nearest and dearest!  I was thinking how would you happen to know that!

1. Pest profile image79

So sideburns are in where you live?

Ay Pest!!  You're too funny for me, you're giving me a fit of the giggles and let me tell you, this ain't no mood for writing NADA, much less this horrendous thing I'm trying to put together!  ARGHHH  Anyway, it looks like I'd rather be here being generally silly than actually writing, so thanks for the laughs!!

Frieda, use away, by all means!

1. Pest profile image79

I need to write too, but i have all day tomorrow and tomorrow night to write.  I may pop one off tonight, who knows. 
          Toad you will have mail shortly.  Don't you all wish you knew what Toad and I are talking about?

Yes, you TEASE!

1. Pest profile image79

I am titillating aren't I?

You're just saying that to make us curious and jealous!  Well it's working.  Elena's right.  You are a tease.

Wow, so I can use that?  Thanks.  I'm so excited. big_smile

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

Well gosh. Now I feel unloved AND naive! Not only have I not been spam fanned by itsb07 but I looked at his profile and he actually looked semi-legit 2 me. He has published something like 18 hubs. Not sure what one would have to do to score a "1" hubscore, tho.
    I saw he's from Ohio and CCRiter is from Ohio. I checked on Mapquest and their towns are 80 miles apart.
    You want we should sic CC and his toe fetish on him:-)?

I'm thinking maybe that would be a great idea.  Loved that last hub of his.

10. Elena. profile image85

Ahhh.... I'm done, but need to sleep on it.  Now who's the tease? tongue  Two can play this game, who knew eh?  Laugh

Frieda, would you please check if you have a mail-question from me? Por favor?

1. Pest profile image79

I ma working on two so there!!!!  Maybe i will just not publish them!  LOL! **edit** i left myself wide open to the smartasses ...**

I just got your e'mail!  I wrote back.  I'll write back again in a moment.

11. Elena. profile image85

Oh no, Pest, you don't!!!  Damn, and they say the ladies do all the teasing!  They never met the likes of Pest, methinks!!!  Laugh!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)