Average time it takes you to do a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Me?

Anything between an hour and six hours, depending on how many times my flash plug in takes unexpected leave, whether I can find the information I want or, whether my brain is working or taken leave, and lastly, whether the writing comes easily or not.

You?

1. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I can do a hub in 30 minutes, but it will go up to upwards of an hour or more. The problem I have is starting new hubs. I can go days writing hubs, then go a bit blank.

If I started doing amazon sales hubs, it would probably take me longer. ( a lot)

2. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can write an rough draft in 30-40 minutes but to clean it up, editing, adding proper modules and searching right amazon and you tube videos can take up 3-6 hours. So far my hubs are averaging about 2.7 hours.

3. Feevoogogreen profile image33
      Feevoogogreenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I almost write an rough draft in 20-30 minutes and published it. It's a fun duraing when I thinking of my hub to express my mood in that moment. I realize that the hub is the way to release the pressure from the daily work and the bad mood from anything else. IMO, the mordern sociaty need a methods to release the pressure from anywhere. Otherwise, we might becoming a idiot because we doing our job every day and the same thing in the daily work is too boring for us to spent the time. You guys think that?Actually, I've got no idea that the people which is really rich and still work hard everyday. What for? For the vanity or the need they really want the cater for? That's so oddsome. I've got a friend who is the engineer in a biggest laptop limited. He work up late to 11-12pm. He have the vocation to spend with her lovely girlfriend but he didn't. Of course, the girl left her and got married last month. He keep doing that behavior day after day. He just the crazy guy aound my friends.

2. joleenruffin profile image61
    joleenruffinposted 13 years ago

I am working on my 4th hub so it takes me quite a while, a few hours I would say. I understand from what I've been reading online that once you've got a lot more experience writing hubs that it will take you less time.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm looking forward to when it's taking me half an hour... smile

3. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I'm really lazy and procrastinate a lot so it takes me a few days to a couple weeks to finish and publish a hub.

4. rmcrayne profile image92
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Here's habee's thread from 3 days ago on this topic for more perspectives:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/61885

5. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

For me its a couple of days.

First day i hunt for my title and keywords
    Secure the title and then add a few ideas to the first text box and save it.

Second day is research and deciding the layout for the hub.

By the third day it has usually got feedback from hubpages and how they value the topic by how much it has jumped from its 50 starting score. If it goes to 60 then I know its a good hub topic to follow through with.

Fourth day is writing the hub

Fifth day is pictures and video.

6th day is tweaks and typos. The publish

Day 7 - thinking of new topics and keyword tool research.

You know what...this just inspired a hub on how to strategise your hubbing.
    ........Thanks Sophia A.

6. Maria Cecilia profile image82
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

depends on the topic, sometimes I can finish one in 30 minutes, but there hubs that can take me days to finish... Researching and supporting photos prolong the process. sometimes I make my own illustration thru MS paint so hubbing is can take time

7. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

It depends on what the hub is about. If I'm writing a product review I can do that in 30-40 minutes. However, I don't write a lot of those. I only have around 18-20 sales hubs out of 100. If I'm writing science or history it takes anywhere from a few hours to a day or so. One hub took me almost a week, but I worked on others at the same time. I usually have 3-4 hubs going at once. I publish at least one a day--or at least try! I've had times where I've published two or three in one day!

I think we all work at different speeds! One person might can do a sports hub in an hour when it would take another person days to write because they're not familiar with the subject!

I usually stick to what I know--history or science!

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, everybody. it gives me an idea of whether I'm spending too much time on doing my hubs, and I think I may be!

1. rmcrayne profile image92
        rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It takes however long it takes.  Some of us are fast and some are slow.  Some of us do tons of research, and some do not.  Some of us take a while to organize info, even if it's a topic we know very well.  For some of us it takes a while to supplement hubs with photos and videos. 

I can't imagine a circumstance where I could write a hub in 2 hours, much less to do a 30-minute hub.  That's just not me.  While I find it interesting information, it doesn't really matter to me how long it takes someone else to write a hub.  It doesn't relate to me.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It takes a long time for me to write a Hub because I do entirely too much research. I can write one really fast if it is something I already know a lot about.

1. rmcrayne profile image92
            rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm slow on those too!  Maybe the stuff know a lot about, I really know a lot about.  Yeah, I'll stick with that story!

1. habee profile image93
              habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)