What is the best way to cook eggs

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (42 posts)
  1. sim0n30 profile image61
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

I'm going through a real faze of poaching eggs at the minute.

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I eat most of mine raw. 4 - 5 a day.
      Qwark

2. robbieb profile image57
    robbiebposted 13 years ago

I eat eggs daily and usually just scramble them with some meat and cheese. However, every so often I like to make an omelet with some fresh veggies.

I recently, within the last year, discovered the joy of a cast iron skillet and have been loving having an effective non-stick surface!

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I love egg salad with Vegenaise (soy product that actually tastes 100x better than regular mayo), dijon mustard, chopped celery, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Or simply frying egg whites is good, too.

1. sim0n30 profile image61
      sim0n30posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds excellent, i will have to try it!

4. goodmovies profile image70
    goodmoviesposted 13 years ago

Poached eggs are great, but I really like mine fried over easy in butter. The absolute best way to eat eggs is with plenty of hollaindaisse sauce.

5. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

sunny side up is a classic wink.. won't you agree?

6. Moonchild60 profile image75
    Moonchild60posted 13 years ago

I love my scrambled eggs, I make them "soft", constantly turning them and taking them off the fire before they are fully cooked and let them finish in the hot pan.  They are soooo good.  but then friends and family ask me to make them for them whenever possible.    I love over easy also.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i like it when someone else makes them...doesn't matter how they are cooked!

8. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I usually scramble them... toast some bread lightly with butter... and a piece of cheese... it's yummy!

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Over easy please -oh bacon too smile

1. quuenieproac profile image61
      quuenieproacposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like to fry my eggs in fragrant teelseed oil and have some light soya sauce, black pepper on top  ... best taken with rice. Yummy!

10. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZF7c6yrCc9E/TI0MLLAftCI/AAAAAAAAAFE/l1ngVMklgs8/s1600/P1010610.JPG
    egg-in-a-hole.   mmmmmmmm

11. rui paiva profile image60
    rui paivaposted 13 years ago

I love scrambled eggs. smile

12. Brupie profile image67
    Brupieposted 13 years ago

I love eggs cooked in most ways:  Scrambled, hard-boiled, over easy and especially in omelets.  I especially like scrambled eggs with melted cheese.  What I <b>don't</b> like are flat scrambled eggs.  To avoid flat scrambled eggs, I mix in a pinch of cream of tartar.  This increases the volume of egg whites.  I also add milk for creaminess and a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper for contrast.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cream of tartar? really? cool. I guess that makes sense, its what you use for merengue. I have always used milk or cream, but will need to try out the tartar.

13. J.R. Smith profile image57
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

Try this one time. take a ziplock bag, mix up the ingrediants for a perfect omelette and place it in boiling water. Your ingredients will taste far better than they do in the pan. this is a great method for people who have different likes and dislikes. We will set up prepped ingredients "taco style" and the kids enjoy mushing them into the bag. You get a perfect blend, and it allows you to use things that don't take the pan well(feta cheese) oh, and no clean up!
    Try it just one time. you'll never go back.

1. profile image0

like instant rice? you mean put the eggs in the bag too? hmmmmm wow, this sounds very promising for Sunday b-fast!!!!

1. J.R. Smith profile image57
        J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait untill you taste it. you'll become aware of what the pan does to flavor. Tomatoes for instance,come out terrific. Try it just once.

14. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

My husband loves eggs I could cook them everyday and he'd be happy. I've threatened to put a chicken coop in the back yard, to save me from running to the store after eggs.

But his favorite is an omelet, full of hashbrowns cheese, bacon, onions, green bell peppers, and whatever else I can throw in there.

He this is gourmet.

1. profile image0

why threaten? do it!! I have had chickens for about three years now. Its awesome!!

1. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

really, how many chickens do you have and how many eggs do they produce in one day? Just curious.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eggs eggs eggs. Fried, poached, scrambled, basted, hard or soft boiled. Omelets, quiche. The incredible, edible egg.

1. profile image0
        2. profile image0

most chickens I have had, once mature, lay one egg a day. so...I had six chickens, six eggs a day. Currently I have four due to an unfortunate chicken theft that happened recently. Im getting more in the spring. They are super easy to take care of and tons of fun to watch, scratching around in the yard.

(My MIL swears you can trick them into laying twice a day but I feel wrong about that.)

So, how do chickens produce eggs w/o a rooster? Heard this on a TV program recently.

1. profile image0

is it a joke? I hate falling for jokes and providing real answers...

not a joke. really. News cast, think it might have been CNN or NWCN. Lady keeps chickens in town, no rooster. Says they produce.

1. profile image0

My chickens have no rooster. They make eggs dailey, no matter what. All a rooster does is fertilize, not promote production. Think about humans....women have umm....a monthly experience wether or not a male is present in their life.

I guess, what I mean is, eggs exist with or without males. Chicks require a rooster.

2. Diane Inside profile image73
            Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, how do you trick them into laying twice a day. I can't imagine how.

15. nasus loops profile image65
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

I like eggs anyhow, boiled soft or hard, scrambled, fried or poached, omelettes are good, but my favourite way to eat eggs is either fried egg and bacon sandwich or poached egg with beans on toast.

16. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

egg salad, egg drop soup, mixed into chef's salad, used in fried rice, boiled, poached, fried, sunny side up, omletes, scrambled, egg nog, use them for mayo, use them in baked goods, as a wash for pastries, merengue...eggs are amazing.

17. MisCook profile image60
    MisCookposted 13 years ago

I like eating omelettes so I often do myself. The best way you can do is that beating eggs on a bowl, mixing salt, pepper then.

18. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

I like to microwave or fry them.

19. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

I like over easy eggs, poached, hard-boiled and scrambled. smile

20. Catering101 profile image59
    Catering101posted 13 years ago

I just love then scrambled or poached. Pretty simple but it works fine for me.

21. imatellmuva profile image75
    imatellmuvaposted 13 years ago

For years I would only scramble an egg, there was no other way, and now it's fried and laid to the side with a side of home fries and beef bacon....umph, umph umph...chile'!!!

Poached, fried, baked, as in quiche or souffle. The incredible edible!  Knew a fellow who could soft or hard-boil an egg in the microwave. (Do Not DO This AT Home)  Most poachers, lacking a setup made for poaching eggs, do so in a small pot. Boil the water, and add just a drop or two of white vinegar, this keeps the whites from "spreading". Generally, I don't do this, preferring to boil the water lightly. Prevents the "turbulence" that results in the white "spreading". Got some good recipes for this or that. Interested? E-mail: dwbarnett55@hotmail.com

22. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

I like Eggs Benedict

http://www.mysecretpantry.com/images/eggs-benedict.jpg

23. Lifeallstar1 profile image59
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

I like mine in a cake mix! I never liked eggs but don't mind them when used as an ingredient for something else.

24. profile image53
    datadollposted 13 years ago

Creamed eggs on toast!

25. GmaGoldie profile image83
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

I agree - poached eggs, creamed eggs on toast.  When I was small I always asked Mom for "sloppy eggs".  Still my favorite!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)