I guess I'll go first...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Mark Us profile image61
    Mark Usposted 13 years ago

My fellow Americans...I guess I'll stand up first and say for the public record that I do not fear terrorists. Therefor, searching me, hasseling me, taking my rights, protecting me, surveying me, groping me, intimidating me, patronizing me, pitying me...etc. Is a waste of time and money on the governments behalf. I can take care of my friends and family and they will for me...

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is too bad you didn't protect those in the twin towers.

You do understand, don't you, that all that hassle is not to protect you, but to prevent further damage such as that suffered by those you didn't protect?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The FAA was there to protect us from flying problems...

... they failed horribly on 9/11

What makes you think that TSA will do any better?

Mark Usposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...

Not only that but why does the government have to impose rather than the airports assigning their own security and then the public deciding where they feel comfortable rather than being subjected to having their children or wives/husbands/anybody groped and molested in front of everybody or...go through body scanners...and you can research for yourself how dangerous they are...what a decision!

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We did indeed fail horribly on 9-11.  On the other hand, in spite of the tremendous success (to the terrorists) there have been no repeats despite repeated efforts.  Personally I think that is due to efforts by our government rather than by Mark Us.

Had Mark been in the towers on 9-11 I disbelieve he could have pushed the planes out of the sky and saved himself.  Were he on the ground in Pennsylvania or at the pentagon I don't think his force of will could have held the planes in the air.  If he finds himself on a plane with a group of armed terrorists the best result he could possibly hope for is the same as happened in Pennsylvania.  The likelihood that he could protect his friends on the plane with him is vanishingly small. 

No, thank you, I will place my trust (however small) in the government in this case rather than one man that, as he puts it, is intimidated by a simple pat down search for weapons he isn't carrying.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
            Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The CIA even admitted why they attack us. It's called "blowback". Because our government wants to "protect us", it goes around bombing countries and killing people (did you know we're bombing pakistan?)

anyway, the government that's supposed to be protecting us is actually going around kicking hornet's nests.

2. Mark Us profile image61

You do that...see where it gets you.  I prefer to be self sufficient.  Call me crazy or strange...I choose not to hand over my power.  I guess you would have been all for the Declaration of Dependence huh?  I can see it now....

I do declare my dependence to the thrown and to my banking rulers...
            Love always and forever,
            Wildernes

P.S. I know you have my best interests in heart because I pay attention to history....lets win this thing!

2. Never_Forget profile image57
      Never_Forgetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You shouldn't talk about your big brother like that. He's only trying to look out for ya ;-)

Mark Usposted 13 years ago

I do understand that point and have considered it for many years...however at this point, as we have become one of the most extreme police state countries in the world.  TSA hired goons sticking hands down grandmas pants or making women cancer survivors remove their fake breasts in front of everybody...tyranny.  Now they want TSA ads on the monitors at Walmart...its not about protecting us...its all for us. Meanwhile the borders are WIDE open ey...and trillions are stolen from the public and given to offshore banks.  Ugh...thanks for the comment but I could state these facts all day and night.  Good luck.

3. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

I am delighted to find myself in agreement with Wilderness for once. Airport security is no fun, but usually I can sleep on a plane because of it, and I doubt that I could without it. That  security is not absolutely perfect or perfectly fair is only an argument for improving it - not for eliminating it.

The phrase 'police state' was tossed out. I guess you don't know much about history. A 'police state' was Nazi Germany with gas chambers. A 'police state' was Russia under Stalin, who exterminated millions or the 'police state' of China under Mao, whose ruthless administration killed 45 million. France had a 'police state' after their revolution with Madame Guillotine.

Police states are identified by a number of characteristics other than the body count. When I flew to Moscow, I did not have to apply to the US government for permission - because the US is not a police state.

Do you qualify police states to have camps to hold civilians during times of duress?  They are called FEMA camps...and they are all over the united states...thats main stream media friend.  FEMA also has mass produced plastic body coffins stacked up at major holding facilities...millions of them...hmmmm.  Have we ever seen these preparations before in history unfolding?  At least we wont be subjected to pits...we get plastic body coffins!

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK - I think I saw your car once. Does it have the bumper sticker that says, "HELP - The Paranoids are after me!"

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or "I Heart Glenn Beck"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/davidhorsey/library/Red-Queen-color-4-1-10.jpg

Its AP man!...It's documented...read the documents...or keep drinking that water with uranium in it...oh I guess you missed that one too ey?

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Does it occur to anyone that this is exactly what the terrorists want? They want Americans to fight among ourselves, because that creates weakness that they can exploit.

We, as a country, have never faced an enemy like this before. Business -- and self-protection -- as usual, no longer applies.

And our borders are NOT wide open.

That is a good point.  Order out of chaos.  Divide and conquer...

Isn't it fun watching the wheels go round and round...I just love to watch them roll.

5. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Maybe the Middle East 'terrorists' are people who feared being controlled by the USA.  After all, we have a habit of going after what we want, namely oil in their case.  Remember Israel labels those in Palastine as 'terrorists' while they (Israel) shove them out of their homes and take their lands, leaving many refugees, so I guess if we (Americans) had some other country come here, shove us around, would we not fight back too?  Our politicians do a fine job of placing us all in danger by their policies and how they deal with foreign countries, making all of us look evil.  We know we are not, but foreign countries do not know this.  Good post.

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Heres what I see , the acts of terrorism are just beginning , so for those of you whom are hurt , offended , angry or  insulted by the groping , fondling or  surviellance . Get used to it. I believe 9//11  was only the beginning. Our borders are essentially wide open, probably only 15 % or less of our incoming goods or people are actually checked for anything. 9/11 , will come again , if not worse!  And in the meantime TSA will check old ladys bras for bombs and baby carriages for chemical weapons.

1. jpwriter profile image61
      jpwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure they're reading this too since all of the "right" words trigger the Patriot Act invasion of privacy...oops, I said privacy.

@wilderness - It's interesting that your comment is somewhat defensive.  Perhaps you guys banter a lot so forgive me if it's "normal" interaction between some hub folks. 

Unless TSA can scan the intent of the people getting on airplanes and ID a person as an extremist (not necessarily Islamic), then they're just a people pleaser.  People complain, yes, but it's the show that makes so many feel safe, like Doug who can sleep on a plane because of it.  I don't care if we all go through naked, someone could still do pull off a plot.

My guess is that a poll that was 100% anonymous would show that Americans don't feel safer, although I think that their are stats saying otherwise.  In stats class they taught us first how stats can be manipulated to prove anything, so I take them lightly.  Also, I wasn't polled!

Unfortunately, all of the chaos that has turned the US into a dangerous place, a financial disaster, a political fire storm, and a country on the verge of something bad.  I mean, come on, if AZ can legalize racial profiling then what's next?  Anyone who believes the AZ immigration law is okay does not have a clue about the privileges that come along with white/light skin.  Arizona police are already notorious for violence and corruption.  If they're pulling over white people and asking them for their papers from Canada or the UK then fine, but that's not the case and we know it.

A group of people were denied their place of worship because they were Muslim. How sad that it occurred in the USA, a country that was founded on religious freedom (while killing others for the land, of course).  There is NO reason for it.  Muslim religion does not equal radical terrorist cell.   

The FIRST TERRORIST group was the KKK.  If people think that they put down the hoods without putting on suits, think again.  The largest terrorist organization in the world is the Aryans, but media and rhetoric spill a misleading story.  Misdirection.  The biggest threat to President Obama hasn't been by Bin Laden, but his very own countrymen. 

Let's at least call it like it is.  If the media is feeding it to you, spit it out!

@Mightmom - Agreed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)