How is this poem acc to u?? Its my first one so plz lemme knw guys

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Cracknutcase profile image74
    Cracknutcaseposted 13 years ago

Memories
    Birds are chirping loudly
    And Day is giving way to the night.
    I can feel only silence inside me,
    Making me realize nothing is Alright.

There is a feeling of emptiness left
    And whole lots of memories to regret.
    I feel so battered at this very moment
    Like my heart is burning in a fire torment.

The rushing wind touched my face
    And the tears stormed out of my eyes.
    Ur absence suddenly struck my heart
    And my whole world fell apart.

I don't know what happened,
    Why u left me with so many questions?
    All i know is I loved you
    And now am left with no clue.

Please don't leave me baby
    I'm sure we can work it out.
    Please don't turn deaf to my plea's
    I don't have the strength to shout.

Just tell me u love me
    And I'll be here forever.
    Just tell me u need me
    I'll leave you never!!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dont "feel" it but it's nice smile

Cracknutcaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for ur feed back Schoolgirl.., I will try my best to write something that actually has a touch of "feel" to it ... smile

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, here is a critical analysis of this poem - only because you asked. 

1 - If you choose to make a rhyming poem, meter is extremely important.  Rhyming words must really rhyme or come very close.  In this poem, your meter is off, words do not rhyme rhythmically.  Also you broke the pattern of rhyme by changing the lines in which the rhyme appears.
      2 - There is plenty of 'feeling' and clearly there is emotion in this poem but it gets lost because the reader cannot follow the rhythm due to the above #1.
      3 - The 'tone' changes in the second stanza, second line, then again in the last stanza, last line.  You say 'whole lots of memories to regret' which is a modern way of speaking, then you say 'I'll leave you never' which is an old world way of speaking, reversing the order of the sentence.  There is nothing inherently wrong with doing this but it leaves the reader disjointed.

Try to stay consistent throughout, whichever way you choose.  You also use 'text' language, another addition to the mix.

Please don't stop writing.  Rhyming poetry is very difficult.  With practice, you'll develop an 'ear' for great meter (rhythm).

3. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
      TheRaptorClawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your poem is great. People do read hubs around here.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

You do realize that you would be better off putting your poems into Hubs, instead of wasting them on forums posts?

Just a thought. hmm

Thanks for the advice but does anyone actually read hubs here..?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do people read hubs here? Yes, if you want to see, then click on "Feed", it will show you most of the activity on HubPages.

You will see when people leave comments on Hubs they have read. wink

Edit: This is the forum...it's not a hub.

2. writinginalaska profile image81
        writinginalaskaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

of course we read hubs.  that is what Hub pages is all about.  If you post it as a hub instead of in the forum you can track activity,  can't do that in the forum.

3. kennynext profile image76
    kennynextposted 13 years ago

The hubs here are great and I also like your poem. Keep it up.

Thanks Kenny smile

4. reallygoodpoetry profile image60
    reallygoodpoetryposted 13 years ago

it sux

Oh does it??

1. reallygoodpoetry profile image60
        reallygoodpoetryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya

i could make a beter pome with my  eeye cloased

1. MehreenM profile image59
          MehreenMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that quite a rude thing to say?  You didn't like it but you could have communicated your emotions more politely.

Mehreen some ppl prefer to point fingers at u rather than correct u ..
            Thanks for the support smile

1. MehreenM profile image59
              MehreenMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anytime Cracknutcase.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you might be missing the joke.

2. writinginalaska profile image81

well then maybe you should learn to use spell check before you post here and keep your nasty comments to yourself.

1. writinginalaska profile image81

and i was referring to "reallygoodpoetry" here

Thanks Writinginalaska smile

1. writinginalaska profile image81

any time Cracknutcase,  his comment was really uncalled for, this is not the place for nasty comments.  Hubpages is a place of learning, support, encouragement in my opinion.  What a jerk.

Not to toot my own horn Cracknutcase but you are welcome to visit my hub to read my poems.   Here is an example  > http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Chance-for-Memories

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Learning how to spell poem would help you a bit.

5. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

If a poem is to rhyme, it needs rhythm, this poem has no rhythm. It must keep a steady beat, and this does not. It also rhymes sometimes and not others. Read it aloud to yourself and you'll see what I mean. Reading it aloud to yourself also helps with keeping the rhythm. Good luck and keep trying!

Hmmm I get ur point Sandy .. But is it necessary that a poem must always rhyme..?
      Thanks for ur comment smile

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

A poem can rhyme or not rhyme, but rhyming most of the time and sometimes not bothering, and not having a set meter, makes it feel poorly constructed.

basically u mean a poem has to have a defnite ryhming meter. got it smile
      Thanks Psyche smile

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

No, I mean it should either have it, or not have it, not half way in between.

Ok Psyche will keep that in mind...

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of your feedback is good. Some tend to get wrapped up in poetic "rules". I groove on poetic "license". Like a change in tempo in music. Totally acceptable. I liked the piece because of it's honesty. That I could feel. I also felt a personal link to the emotion, which is both very personal to you, and a universal human feeling. Cagisil is right when he says you are wasting good work in a forum. Transcribe it to your hub. Peace

U r right Druid, this poem is based on an experience i have had...
          Thanks for ur feed back and yes i'll transcribe it to my hub.. smile

8. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

The feeling of it is ok, the sentiment is fine and the message clear enough - but the rhyming, metre, rythm, word choice and pretty much everything else is disorganised and poor.  My advice would be to read some good standard poetry, any good poetry and then come back to it and work on it verse by verse. For this I would establish one rythm and stick to it, only breaking it to emphasise a point.  The easy way to do this is to pick a song that your words fit and follow that rhythm. The first verse can be easily altered to the rhyth of the song 'memories' from Barbra Streisand I think.   The rhyming should follow the same pattern all the way down, only broken to make a point.

Memories
    Birds are chirping loudly all around
    As Day gives way to night.
    And I feel silence deep inside me,
    Knowing nothing is alright

Still not good but gets a rhythm going.  go visit http://hubpages.com/hub/If-I-could-writ … ou-love-me for a rhythm and metre example, there are loads of others on Hubpages also.

Yeah China man I need to work on the rythmic meter and choice of words and other loads of things, i m working on improving all that.... Thanks for ur comment smile

9. IN2Deep profile image68
    IN2Deepposted 13 years ago

I thought it was a good poem---ignore  the response from the one who can not even spell---I do not believe that all poems have to rhyme --that to me is like saying all roads must lead to the same destiny!! Thats just silly.You wrote what you felt-it was not horrible--If everyone wrote the same things in the same way--there would be no point in reading any of them-reading one would be enough..I think alot of people read the hubs---The thing is it does not matter your style of poetry-you will always have people who love it and people who don't.Think of it like this--Does everyone like the same Doctor? Stores?Music? "NO" they don't --Not ever singer has the same voice nor does every poet. Feel What you write--Write what you feel---not everyone is always going to feel it like you do.I felt it

Thank u soo much for ur comment smile
      Ya everyone has their own style of writing and poetry doesn't always have to rhyme, thats true.. But yet I wanna learn the exact rules of poetry and the use of rhythmic meter as well... So please do feel free to tell me about anything tht can help me grow as a poet smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)