Deceptive Tags, Title, or Category?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I have a Hub about fitness model and competitor Kyla McGrath that is listed as Deceptive Tags, Title, or Category.
    The title is Kyla McGrath - Fitness Model because she is a fitness model.

The tags are all either related to Kyla or fitness.
    And she IS a fitness competitor as shown by her competition history also posted on the Hub.

As far as category goes,  All Topics - Sports and Recreation - Individual and Team Sports - Bodybuilding was as close a fit as I could find for a fitness competitor since the fitness competitions she has been in are sanctioned by the IFBB and WBFF, both bodybuilding organizations.

So what do I need to change here?

"This information is based on a human review of this hub" so evidently a person looked at it.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I looked at your hubs, sabreblade, and am still not sure which one it is.  I see there are a few featuring Ms. McGrath, but none with that exact title.  I'll go look again if you can give me the title specifically.  Or am I just missing it?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is supposed to be unpublished being flagged by a moderator

2. sabrebIade profile image80
        sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I should have said it was unpublished. 
        And the word count is kinda low, 331, but that's all I had on the subject.
        So I wouldn't call it a picture Hub.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

331 word is fair enough not to be called a photo hub. have  you contact the team? http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Yep, contacted the team right after I posted here.
            I guess I could have really done one OR the other...not both...LOL
            So now I'm waiting for a reply.

2. sabrebIade profile image80

HP e-mailed me back this AM and evidently 331 words is NOT enough to not be considered a photo Hub.
            That's what the problem is. 
            Since I can't find it anywhere, can someone tell me where in the TOS it says just what the ratio of pictures to text is?
            Obviously its changed since the Hub was first published two years ago.

2. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just saw your hub (got it from google cache), and it seems to me that they want it to be posted under "Photos and Videos" category. It has 15 images, I was told 10 is considered normal for a hub with good amount of text. Your that hub seems to have less text content.

Hmmm...I'd actually rather take out pics than move it to another category like that.

1. weblog profile image58

You can however ask them how many pictures you can keep with the hub to have it under the same sports category.

Funny...you know that Hub was published EXACTLY 2 years ago today?
                Kinda weird huh?

1. weblog profile image58

smile

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I am not sure but if it was a photo based hub it should go in entertainment>photos and videos category.

3. sabrebIade profile image80

"Since I can't find it anywhere, can someone tell me where in the TOS it says just what the ratio of pictures to text is?"

Anybody?

1. Shadesbreath profile image79
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There isn't one that I know of.

And as far as tags go, my tags are always "deceptive" because I usually use them to make jokes.  So, I'm not sure why you're getting flagged or whatever. Or else they just haven't discovered my villany yet (even though I've been doing it for over a year.)

Well all the e-mail said was
        "Your hub is primarily images, therefore it must be categorized under Entertainment > Photos & Videos."
        So I asked how many pictures I could have and not be considered Photos and Videos (since I would really like to keep the Hub where it is)
        But I haven't heard back yet and thought somebody out there might have an answer.

4. sabrebIade profile image80

Okay, I got an answer back from HP and I'm forwarding this so maybe some of you out there might benefit from it...

"We do not have a hard-and-fast rule to point you to in terms of ratio of images to text.  Instead we look at the main theme or purpose of the Hub.  This Hub is designed primarily to show off pictures of the model, rather than impart information.  If the Hub contained more text and fewer images, simply to complement the content rather than make up a large part of it, we would allow the Hub to remain categorized outside "Photos & Videos."

So from what I see, if you do a Hub about say Megan Fox and put up 20 pics and not much info, it should be Photos and Video.
    If you have a long bio and two or three pics, then "Celebrity" etc should be fine.

That is if I am seeing this right.

I took off a lot of the pics and added all the new info I could find, so hopefully the Hub will be okay to be republished now.

Well now the Hub has been republished....but the Ads are disabled!
      I'm really about to the point of just giving up.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Doesn't help you much butI had a similar problem with a perfectly good hub - it got flagged for same reasons as yours. I removed one tag and it was accepted. Now a few weeks later it has been unpublished for a different reason - because it is low quality. I'm frustrated because it was getting traffic and making sales and now I've missed out on the last few days of Christmas sales on it but since I have no idea what was wrong with it I dont feel confident to resubmit it. Had no response from HP yet.

I feel your pain.

Well I just deleted it.
      Too much hassle for one Hub when I can publish the content elsewhere.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image39

That's what I am going to do as had another two hubs unpublished today. I think I have really improved my style but apparently not. Starting to get fed up of seein hubs that just say 'you can buy xyz at eBay - eBay is great because...' then 20 ebay capsules but when I try to write something useful about a product it gets unpublished.

I know this may sound silly, but you are e-mailing them about these Hubs right?
      That many getting unpublished sounds a bit strange.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I emailed and didnt get a reponse. One I just deleted. It said it was a duplicate but I can't find anything similar on Google or HubPages - just can't be bothered with fighting over it this near Christmas.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image39

One just got republished - I didnt re-submit it and I didnt make any changes - seriously weird.

That's why you should keep trying to contact them until you get a response.
      Give the e-mails some time but after 72 hours if you haven't heard back, contact them again.

8. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I got another unpublished that has been around since October of 2009.
    Are there new guidelines or did I just annoy someone?
    Two Hubs unpublished for deceptive category within a week.
    The first Hub was 2 years old and now this one is over a year old.
    And when the first Hub got republished, the ads were suddenly disabled.
    Again, after two years of being okay.
    I find that strange.

And by the way, this last Hub was 813 words, with only eight pictures and had a Hub Score of 84.

9. sabrebIade profile image80

And now in less than 2 hours its been republished.
    Cant say they drug their feet on this one can you?

10. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Have they got new staff?

I had three hubs that got their ads disabled after all the changes came in with the automatic filter.

One got re-enabled on moderator review.

Today I was flicking through the hub title changer thing, and changed the titles on a few hubs as suggested.

Then when I looked at my stats, I found that my changes had caused the automatic filter to kick in, not only on the previously disabled/moderator enabled hub, but on another one too.

So I changed its title back and it was fine.

Next time I looked it had ads disabled on moderator review!

I'm considering unpublishing them all, but I'd lose almost 10,000 views.

Well something is going on.
      When they started the HubKarma thing, I started adding a lot of links to other Hubs.
      I've noticed in the past month that almost everyday I am getting the broken link warning, so that means these Hubs I linked to a few months ago are gone now.
      I had 7 dead links to Hubs just this morning. 
      They are so frequent that I am removing the linking modules because I'm getting tired of editing Hubs everyday.
      It may kill my HubKarma, but I'm getting tired of trying to keep up with the Hubs that are getting taken down everyday.

Two more dead Hub links so that makes nine Hubs just this morning that are gone.

11. sabrebIade profile image80

I just got an e-mail from the HP team saying that the second Hub being unpublished was an error and that it was fixed.
    I think they actually fixed that one in less than 2 hours.
    Hey, we all make mistakes....LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)