Gay Rights

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (41 posts)
  1. CorporateBoss profile image61
    CorporateBossposted 13 years ago

Now they we are going to have gays serving openly in the military what is going to be next that they can do?Will we also be okay when they want to be President of the United States?That's coming to and when it does who going to be the First Man's man?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure, but he will probably be more feminine than Barbara Bush was, so what's the big deal?

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I expect that people who are still hate-filled, angry and judgmental will make sure that no gays get elected president for a while to come, so you can rest easy that no challenge to the status quo looms.

Amen to that!!!

Gotta keep those homosexuals away from public office.. it's bad enough we let them out in public!!

Hey Shades, want to head out for a drink tonight?  Thinking of going a pleasant little bar they just opened up in Nuremberg

3. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What difference does it make to begin with. Gay rights are a farce to begin with.

A person's sexuality, sexual preference or who they F**k has nothing to do with rights.

A gay man or a lesbian female - always maintained their individual rights and freedoms. There F**king habits are already included.

Everything else is distortion- the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing type distortion.
      Any citizen of America can run for office. Again, sexuality or sexual preference should not factor into it, nor should it even matter, with regards to doing the job they are trying to get elected for.
      Who knows. Who cares as long as they do the damn job properly and better than those before them.

4. profile image55
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ironically, some would say that the first gay president was also from Illinois....Abe Lincoln.

5. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why wouldn't it be ok?

I never chose to be hetero.... I'm glad no one is making fun of me because I like girls.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Give 'em time, it'll come.   The standard bar's being set really low even as we speak.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78

God, you are so incredible, Brenda.  Your capacity for degrading, insulting, cruel, judgemental, hate-filled comments never ceases to amaze me.

1. profile image0

Uh, I ignored your hate-filled judgemental post you had posted a while ago, Shades.  Guess I can't ignore this one, since you (as usual) persist in making things personal.   What?  Was it okay for you to post your degrading judgemental stuff?   Should I copy/paste it or quote it so you can't pretend to ignore it yourself?
            Lay off.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78

You said, "Give em time, it'll come. The standard bar's being set really low as we speak."

So, if I don't even go into what the "as we speak" seems to say about your position on civil rights, just look at your argument here: 

Major premise: standards now are low
              Minor premise: "it'll come" = someone gay will be president

Conclusion: A gay president will be substandard

How can you possibly say that is not hateful and judgmental? The only grounds for your argument lie in the fallacious assumption that to be gay is to be substandard.

You don't care or even ask if the gay president might have an IQ of 225, have charm and charisma that bring people together, is a masterful economic leader, is kind and thoughtful and capable of leading the world into a better future.

You don't care. For you, he's gay, so he's substandard.

That's what you wrote.  It's offensive.

2. Cagsil profile image71

Hey Brenda, btw- it might be helpful if you actually understood "Rights" to begin with. hmm

2. Iontach profile image68
          Iontachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow you seem like a right old cow don't you. Shame on you, you hateful slag.

1. Cagsil profile image71

That was uncalled for, no matter what venue you're in. It is not acceptable speech to be as rude as you were in this above post. hmm

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have very strict rules here about name-calling. Please use proper punctuation in the future.

1. profile image0

haha funny Ron.
              Actually, the person referred to needs to use something called manners, if it's been made available to him.  Doesn't look like it though.  Very disappointing from a young man like that.
              And disappointing that the thread was allowed to veer off into a (no, a couple by a couple of people) personal attacks and yet it wasn't closed to posting.
              Whatever!

3. profile image0
            Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, didn't they call the aliens slag's on alien nation? You must be the first sci-fi biggot. and I'm a nerd for having watched the show.

4. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't use personal attacks here. Others have the right to their opinions, even when you disagree. Attack the viewpoint - not the person.

1. profile image0

Well-put, habee.
              You are one of the most fair-minded people I've noticed around here.

5. Jeff Berndt profile image73
            Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dude. Over the line.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73
          Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to conjure those chimaeras!

6. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be me of course. I'm the Hillary Clinton and Barbara Bush of gay men. The man behind the man...I like that. MY FELLOW AMERICANS! IT REALLY DOES TAKE A VILLAGE! Clap clap...Thank you Thank you! And God Bless America!

1. Ruben Rivera profile image61
        Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It figures, liberals trying to get their nose in military issues, just like this joker.

2. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Gay marriage is next, then a gay president. And we could still have a First Lady, if the president is a gay woman. A Frist Gentleman would be cool too. We've finally elected a black president, so a gay one might not be that far off, hopefully.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, hopefully the first gay president won't be the disaster that the first black president has been....

3. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

What make you think that we already didn't already have a gay/bi president? James Buchanan wasn't married and maybe he was, or maybe not. A gay/bi politician or any public figure will marry just for a front. No one will ever know. Who knows, who cares, unless you're a judugemental bigot. A pderson's prefrence doesn't make them less of a person or affect their performance.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

wasn't Reagan gay?

http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/23_TIME_jan51981.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

......he could have been.....i'm sure there has already been a gay president.....

...now pucker up.....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqqac2IzUf1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg

"..at times like this, I asked myself "Joe, do I REALLY want to be Vice President.."

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'd rather have a gay president who's smart, compassionate, fair-minded, and effective than a crappy straight one!

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, we already had our share of crappy presidents. That's sometrhing we can prove.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
        Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not going to rest until we elect the first black lesbian who is an agnostic muslim.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds okay to me, but what is an agnostic Muslim? If a Muslin, or even a Christian or Jew, questions the existence of God, whould that make them no longer a part of that religion? Or do you mean a former Muslim turned agnostic?  How about a black lesbian or gay athiest? Someone who has a wide knowledge of all religions so when dealing with other countries, they'll have an understanding of their point of view. When it comes to issues in this country, they won't have personal religious views that won't cloud their judgement when it comes to stuff like government funded stem cell research, gay marriage, etc.

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

To me it doesn't matter if someone is Gay, it certainly does not affect how they perform in a workplace. Just my opinion. smile

CorporateBossposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of the opinions made Hate has never accomplish anything.

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
        Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hate got a bunch of new republicans elected not very long ago

CorporateBossposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And hate is about to take alot of them out in 2011

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

1. Cagsil profile image71

Hey WOC, you agree with his statement? It shows limited understanding.

Hate always accomplishes one thing- separation.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christain you only have to put up with gays for a few more year now, until judgment day comes , then gays go to hell and jews go to heaven.

OWOPPS did I say Jews, oh well, God is so picky.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
              Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why would god create gay people if he hated them?

If it's true that god created everything, and he hates his own creation... then why the hell are we considering him so perfect? Sounds like he made a lot of mistakes...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)