Just blew $100 on the worst movie ever!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Mel and I just took 7 kids to see Yogi Bear 3D. Tickets, drinks, popcorn, and candy were over 100 bucks for the matinee. Don't waste your dough - this has to be one of the worst movies ever made. The kids didn't even laugh.

1. nell79 profile image79
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

With a family our size, we rarely go to the movies anymore. Our kids saw the preview for that one and they all want to see it. Looks like it's one for a redbox night! Thanks for the heads up smile

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not write a review on the movie?  Publish it to HubPages even.  I wanted to go see it, but now I am not so sure.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Done!

3. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For what it's worth, it look like at least you and the kids have the same taste in movies! smile

Although it's not always reliable, I usually check the Rotten Tomatoes score for any movie we're considering seeing. Yogi Bear got 14% (that's reallly low).

1. habee profile image92

Yeah, I should have checked, but my grandkids really, really, really wanted to see Yogi. Wish we had seen Narnia or Little Fockers instead. Tangled had to be better than Yogi, too.

4. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine did. I giggled a few times, too smile How old are yours? mine are 4 and 6 smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You misspelled gigolo, Misha!

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops, sorry tongue Where were we? wink

2. habee profile image92

Hi, Mish. Mine who went are 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, 4, and 7 months. The 7-month-old baby seemed to like it the most!

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

How can they make a Yogi Bear movie that sucks that much - sorry you blew so much money on a bad film!

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Wow! That is a huge disappointment! I am very weary when I go to movies now-a-days. All they put out is doodoo and it seems like people will go see them no matter what. (case in point Scary Movie has had 15 spin offs?)

Why make a good one, when you can make a crappy one and still make great money? I usually take a look at rottentomatoes.com if I am not sure about a movie. Yogi Bear got a 13/100, so looks like they were spot on!

4. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 13 years ago

I had a feeling that one would be a dud. Sorry you wasted your money on it. Thanks for warning the rest of us.

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I knew that any movie with Justin Timberlake would be bad news. Just kidding!

Too bad habee, write a review and you'll get some of that money back.

6. LSKing profile image68
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

Thanks for letting us know. I was going to take my three kids to go see it. I'll wait for it to come on dvd.

7. Mutiny92 profile image62
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

that's like a whole AdSense payout!    ;-)

My son and wife just got back from it as well.  Son liked it ok...wife thought it was an alright kids movie.

I concur though - how can you screw up Yogi Bear?  Seriously!

1. habee profile image92

Compared to Shrek, Ice Age, Monsters Inc, Toy Story 3, etc.,  Yogi Bear sucked like a Hoover. It's easy to make me laugh, and I didn't even crack a smile through the entire movie. The best thing I can say about it is that it's short.

8. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Yeah, Mom and I took my daughter and nephew to see the 3-D Tangled last week and blew $60 on tickets and popcorn. We hadn't ever been to a 3-D movie before and didn't realize they charged $3 extra per ticket. We enjoyed the movie a lot, actually, but there's no way in hell it was worth $60. 

And people wonder why nobody goes out to the movies anymore! There were three other people in our theater and maybe 30 cars in the parking lot for a 20 screen multiplex. Ridiculous.

9. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Before i burn mint, how good is narnia ? tron?

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having just seen Narnia - go see it for the 3D. I found it tiresome for lengthy stretches. We all did TBH, and none of us expected to. The SE's were great - it was the story line that let it down. Wishy washy at best and too long. But we got four tickets for the price of two - it cost about $38 for the tickets, drinks and popcorn.

Will be seeing Tron next week and have so far only heard good things about it.

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

No wonder, Yogi Bear has to be at least seventy years old!

1. habee profile image92

Yeah, but you can't judge by that alone. You're over 70, but you're still pretty funny!

But I still have respect for you, my elder! (I'll come to the nursing home to see you during Xmas.  Got the brand of snuff you like best too.)

1. habee profile image92

You found the peach??? I'm psyched!

Yep, and an extra can each of Railroad Mills and Honey Bee!  LOL!

1. habee profile image92

You are truly a great friend! Make sure you get the fine cut so I can take my teeth out.

I lak it when you tawk dirty, gurl!  LOL!

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a Yogi bear cookie jar from ther 60's or maybe even earlier.

11. okmom23 profile image66
    okmom23posted 13 years ago

Yogi MUST be 70, he was full grown when I watched him in the 50's!Thanks for the heads up on the movie.

12. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

I had a feeling that one would be a dud.  And why on earth does YOGI BEAR of all movies need to be in 3-D?

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

3D is all the rage.

13. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

Hmm, the trailer looked fun though but apparently the movie is not.

14. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

Sorry to hear about your experience Habee but thanks for the heads up on this one. I think we all appreciate that.

15. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I'm finding the TV ads annoying as he*l, habee.  Thanks to you, I'll avoid this at all costs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)