Five Hubs, One Day

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago
    1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go! smile

That was hard work!

Unhappily, my steam has pumped right out of me... smile

But, in the immortal words of ???

"I'll be back!"

smile

Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it was Terminator...

I appreciate your hubs are more elegant, fact filled and generally better than my efforts, but I am going for a less is more approach.

You might say lazy.

1. profile image0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you make me laugh! But you sure know the way to a girl's heart.

Particularly this leo! Flattery will get you everywhere... smile

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the first ones to short, but the other ones seem to have good enough length.

Maybe add some more tags to a few of them. I think there fine, but I did not analyze them fully.

Try using "word counter". I use that a lot to see how many words I have. It takes a while for hub stats to appear. wink

Thanks David.  The first one is too short I am happy to concede.  I was going for the absolute minimum to do a little real life reponse testing.  Just wanted to get it up there.  But will extend after a sleep.

I was also lazy on the tags.  Tags to me seem to be a way to get internal Hubpage traffic, not so much external which is what I am interested in.  Although I guess people entering Hubpages through other peoples keywords may reference across to your own tagged pages if applicable.

I do always use a word counter.  For me, I feel that 750 - 1000 is plenty, because I think imposing any more of my style on someone will just lead to brain rot.  Seriously I think a little is better than a lot - but hey, what do I know?

I am grateful for any response, and it is why I thought a review now as I hit 50 hubs would keep me in check.

Thanks...

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

~the more tags used the more internal backlinks immidiately
          ~the keywords used as tags are taken more seriously by SE though every word and every phrase is considered as a keyword by SE

Ah thanks.  They are more important than I thought.

This is useful feedback thanks.

And use the best keywords in the title and subtitles. The Meta Title tag is the most important thing that is driven by the title of the Hub.

2. David 470 profile image81

I usually have my hubs between 400-100 words. Maybe rare ones with 375

1. David 470 profile image81

400-1000 I mean

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I've reviewed your 5 hubs-

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Incontinence-Pants

(a) not enough content.
    (b) not enough keywords/tags.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dreams-of-a-Hub … ine-Writer

(a) not enough content
    (b) not enough keywords/tags

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Average-Nor … -Mill-Page

(a) not sure if your keywords/tags will be flagged for being irrelevant to the content.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Too-Much-Debt-a … Card-Bills

(a) not sure it has enough content, maybe a little more details could help it.
    (b) not enough keywords/tags

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-List-of-Us … esolutions

(a) not sure it has enough content as well, maybe a little more details could help it.
    (b) not enough keywords

smile

Thanks Cagsil.  Not sure how serious you are being but I certainly asked for a review and am happy to take on board anything you say.

I will check each of these points and maybe add a little more meat tomorrow.

mark, cagsil has given you an honest review, i too agree with him.
        you need serious work on the first hub. And all hubs lack tags for sure.

Ok thanks guys...

it's kind of what I wanted.

smile marry christmas

Thx S and u2.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

lol cags lol

4. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Still waiting on the gay hamster hub...

*taps foot*

smile

lol me too

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Well that was referring to this...

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-to-Do-With … ur-Gay-Pet

.. which covers a range of animals, including hamsters.

5. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

As usual, I love your new hubs. If I had any criticism at all, it would be to make them a bit longer and beef up the tags. Making them longer can take place over time though. Google likes "fresh, updated" content, so going back and changing/adding is actually a good thing.

Thanks lrohner.  I will revisit in the cold light of a new day, once I've woken up  properly. 

The incontinence thing is very, very short - but that's my problem with the subject matter and sales hubs generally.  I need to actually do some research on that, which will be a first.

The debt advice one is deliberately short because its aimed at people who will not want to read a lot of text.  I know that sounds like an excuse but it's almost true.  I think a lot of readers will check a page length first before diving in - it's certainly something I do myself.  Short, easy to understand info, leading on to a click is the aim (hope).

As for the others - well one is 900 words - enough for anyone to bear of my prose.

And the last two are about 700, bit short I agree.

What I tend to do is write, then forget or move on.  Then as comments come in, or external hits - I revisit and tighten up, rewrite, expand.

It's funny, but the bit I resent most is the tags thing, it always feels like a chore at the end of being 'creative'.  Hard work this writing gig.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

6. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

Mark- Cagsil offered you some advice-take it.

Just read two of yours, not enough content is the key in both of them. In the hub on Useless New Years resolutions you have 2-3 lines on each topic.  You should have written a hub on each one. In my opinion you are trying to spread yourself too thinly, try writing as suggested 900-1200 words on why you should stop smoking in the new year.
    Good luck

Thanks Brian.

My intention was not offer serious advice on giving up smoking.  Or any of the common NY resolutions.  It was to create a hub mocking NY resolutions.

Of course one (not me) could write a proper NY resolution hub with detailed information about all the topics.  Group them together and create everything there is to know.

Maybe I am just looking for a different audience?

I have expanded the tags though.

edit:  I checked one of your hubs - safety goggles.  Wow,  Now that is how to write a sales hub.

7. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Talking of lazy, i am actually bone idle..... Thinking of making a new years resolution, to get down to some serious writing.

Where else would you get such honest help..... I keep saying it this truly is a great community.  I may be asking for similar help in the new year watch this space........

Yes, the help is brilliant.  Slightly scary, but brilliant.  I needed a reality check.

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well you did kinda ask for it.... Cagsil is a busy man, even the fact he took the time to read hubs, that i am sure he is not that interested in, is a huge help he knows his stuff.....

Or am I wrong, Cags, do you need to know more about incontinence pads.   I have changed millions in my time.... I am a true expert.

Yes Joy, lets not dwell on that one.  It was one of my few sales hub efforts, I appreciate it is not very good but it was a tricky subject to cover.  I will continue to occasionally update until it is an Incontinence page to be proud of.

1. Joy56 profile image67

i am only joking, i honestly have not read it, i am on your side, i think you are amazing.....  HONESTLY i do.....

8. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Hey Mark, so I have not read anything but but just visited your profile to see what tickles my fancy today (I am such a rebel, not reading the ones you are asking about). Anyway, I noticed that a good majority of your hubs use the pic from your profile, meaning they have no images in them. Pic's are good mate. They can actually bring in traffic themselves. I do get a certain level of traffic from google images alone. Besides a rebel like me needs a visual imperative to click one over the rest for reading, you know, short attention span and too many video games and cartoons growing up. I expect to have my inner child catered to tongue

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have fun finding incontinence pictures! lol

Or a video.  This could all go very badly wrong.

Those search engines do like video's, have fun looking! wink lol

2. Joy56 profile image67

now i know why we get on so well..... short attention span. rebel etc etc ha ah

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Thanks kirstenblog, you are absolutely right about the pictures.  I am planning to 'improve' because I am hopeful of getting some decent drawing equipment for Xmas.

You may think I am joking, but I am not.  Rather than go through all the copyright faffing around I want to accompany my text where possible with little hand drawings.

Is it madness?  Well maybe.  But as most of what I do is 'humour' based, then I figure some amateurish cartoon style stuff will complement it nicely. 

I may not be asking for a review of my drawing skills though...

edit: I have seen Shadesbreath btw.  I am no Shadesbreath.  His stuff is beautiful.  Quite beautiful.

I don't know about madness (well that strictly speak is so not true, I know madness well, just not in this situation) but completely original images is a good thing! You may find people do come along and nick your drawings but if they give you a back link, do you care? big_smile

All in all, good idea smile

9. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Read and commented on your hub.....

I wonder how many people do have to wear incontintence pads, i think we would be amazed at how many..... maybe find out the number and start off with those facts, dont even mention how embarrasing it is, people looking for them will want to know they are not alone, and they truly are not.  Most women over the age of  ? need them.

Thanks for your comment, and great idea about numbers and not being alone.

Oh and the not joking thing.

1. Joy56 profile image67

Looking out for ya  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)