Oregon or Auburn?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (36 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Who do you guys think will win and why?

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oregon...because we posess the Ark of the Covenant? BRING 'EM ON!

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oregon I hope, but Auburn is a big fast team, and the SEC is a proving ground....sooo....

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

never heard their name, which game?

3. hubzer profile image61
    hubzerposted 13 years ago

Auburn,The team has a very stong will to win. Plus i must go with the S.E.C. as a  stonger conference over the Pac 10. I would not bet the ranch on this game but i would bet the ranch on Alabama over Michigan State.Cheers hubzer

4. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I am taking Oregon over Auburn.
    I am in Arkansas and have seen many of the Auburn games. I also have watched Oregon on TV several times this year.

From what I have seen in the televised games I am taking Oregon. Auburn is a very good tested team from the SEC.
    But...Auburn's defense can be beat. I see a very exciting high scoring game on tap for the BCS Championship game and for Oregon to take the title this year.

5. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I agree with the SEC being a stronger conference. I want to say Oregon but you just never know with Cam. This guy is an amazing athlete. I say it will be all out scoring. Probably 40-50's But sometimes in these cases, it becomes a low scoring contest. I think whoever starts out of the gate first, wins this game. It will be close. I think Oregon's offense is more dynamic then Auburn's, more depth in all positions. The defense's are pretty much equal, probably an edge to Auburn. Here is the key note. In over half of their games, Auburn had to come back to win. I am not sure, but I think they were behind in over 8-10 games. But, they always find a way to win. Oregon is a fast starting team, averages close to 50 a game. No matter what, it will be the best BCS Championship Game this decade. Oregon 52 Auburn 49 in O.T.

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

I think Auburn is too big and fast and will run away with it.  Didn't Oregon get beat up pretty badly by Ohio St last year with Terrell Pryor at QB.  I think Auburn is a better Ohio St this year.

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree, also that defence is better then any other d they've faced this year!

7. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Whoever scores last will win!

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...Oregon ...big_smile....what's the game anyway?...why?...cuz I like the state of Oregon...

9. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Although Cam Newton and the Auburn Tigers have proven to be very resilient this season, I think I will have to pick Oregon to win the game. Chip Kelly is a great coach and their offense is extremely explosive. Either way, it should make for an exciting matchup between the top two teams and players (Newton - James) in the country.

10. profile image57
    C.J. Wrightposted 13 years ago

Auburn. They are bigger and stronger. Oregon has shown it doesn't do well against a big defensive front...Ohio, last year. Oregons only hope is to exploit Auburns weak secondary with their speed and athelticism. Even then I don't think it will be enough.

11. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 13 years ago

The SEC does not lose big games. Auburn will win. Cam Newton will run circles around that iffy Oregon defense. And the PAC-10 will finally see what a real defense looks like, not the touch football style defense they play in the PAC-10.

12. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

OREGON!

13. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Auburn. They've had plenty of time to figure out ways to slow down that Oregon offense. I think we're going to see a lot of confusing defensive schemes from Auburn and on offense Cam Newton is a machine.

If Auburn does win this game, don't be surprised to see this win vacated in a few years when the NCAA will claim it has found "new" evidence relating to Cam Newton's amateur status. It's going to be like the Reggie Bush situation all over again. They don't want to disqualify the best player in the country because superstars make everyone money. They'll wait a few years until nobody cares (and nobody can go back and "un-watch" the BCS championship game) and then vacate Auburn wins this season.

1. rotl profile image60
      rotlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that Cam Newton situation is shady at best. But look at the Ohio State situation, there was a clear violation there, and Terelle Pryor is still playing in the bowl game! The NCAA's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
        I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's much better for revenue to deal with these situations after the fact. With all the vacated wins due to punishments handed down years after the fact, it's amazing to think how many great college games never actually counted. That incredible season USC had in 2005, winning the BCS championship and that incredible game earlier in the season against Notre Dame (the "Bush Push" game)? None of it counted. Can I go back and retract my interest in college football for that season? Of course not.

2. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Derek Rose of Memphis comes to mind. The NCAA is shameless.

14. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Auburn, of course.

15. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Auburn.

16. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

If Oregon can contain Cam, they will win. But the big question is, can they?

17. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

I hope Oregon wins so that Cam Newton doesn't get all the hype for the game.

18. Local world profile image60
    Local worldposted 13 years ago

The team that scores the most points wins.lol. It looks like a high score ,what is the over in this contest?

19. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The Toronto Maple Leafs will win... they are so good, they win games in leagues and in sports they are not even part of

20. TomC35 profile image59
    TomC35posted 13 years ago

Oregon because besides the Cal game, where Cal fained injuries, their games have not been close.

People forget Auburn was scraping by, getting lucky in their earlier games this year.  Not to mention Alabama choked away their victory against Auburn.  They should have rolled them like they did Michigan State.  The only difference is they finished the job in the bowl game.

Oregon's defense always closes strong. 

Besides, if Auburn wins, they will eventually lose the title when the NCAA finally proves Auburn paid him.

21. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Tom, good point. The more I watch ESPN, the more the Ducks look better. Their defense is better then I originally thought. They have strong, fast players. Their corners are shut down corners. They can match up with any of Auburns receivers. This is why that is important. Oregon can pull up a safety out of coverage to watch Cam. It is a spy defense, QB spy. This will allow Oregon to load the box and force Cam to the inside. Auburns offensive line will be tested. They haven't seen a defense like this all year long.

22. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

I live in Oregon , grew up here , but.... I'm thinkin the other guys are gonna stomp the Ducks down into baby chickens smile smile  Never seen the Ducks Actually make it ya know .... I mean they make it to bowls and stuff but then they always blow it , don't see why this time will be any different .... I put my bucks on the other team myself , smile Ouch, better watch it saying that around these parts I might get smashed with some duck shit smile

23. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

starme, you have to have a little faith. Trust Me! I am from West Virginia. We had the BCS championship in our pocket. We had Pat White. We lost to Pitt, never made it. But I think these Ducks are different. Oregon blew their opponents away. This has made them believe in the program. Auburn starts slow, usually. They trailed in about 10 of their games. They were lucky to win all their games. If Oregon takes out Cam, they will smoke Auburn. Oregon has the speed to keep up with him. Auburn hasn't faced a defense this fast. Keep the faith. Because on Monday, the party will be in Oregon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

nope , no faith - alot of Oregonians are like this, too cocky , they get all feelin good cause they are gettin a little attention and then, they blow it cause they get to big headed , seriously, its always been that way

24. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

what sec defence are the best in the nation and they have more speed the oregons. Oregons is fast but there not used to playing a team like auburn!!!

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oregon is gonna be cocky and party the night before and get out there and get burned like they did in the bowl thing a few years back -

25. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Alabama's defense is 5th, LSU's defense is 8th. Auburn is 55th. Their pass defense is 106. Darron Thomas can throw the ball. There are many people that think all Oregon does is run. That is not the case. He completes 60% of his passes. 20 plus touchdowns, over 2500 yards. Oregon averages 49.3 points a game. They average 537.5 yards a game. Both our tops in the country. Auburn is good against the run. The SEC is a run first division. Cam has been able to pass because of his front line. They were tested against Alabama and LSU. Kentucky and Mississippi State gave Auburn problems. So did Clemson. South Carolina did too, the first time they played. Auburn has always started slow. Oregon starts fast. If Auburn is down, they pass. Oregon has a good defense, 25th overall. Just like West Virginia and North Carolina State. West Virginia finishes 3rd in total defense. NCState stopped the run first, then stopped the pass. It will be close, I am certain. I really think Auburn is overlooking Oregon. The Ducks proved themselves against Stanford. Stanford is a tough team, top 5. Oregon was their only loss. Oregon can match Auburn score for score. Besides Alabama, LSU, the SEC has no top notch defenses. Thats just 2 of 8 Auburn played.

26. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

damn I wish I had some money to bet on this one smile

27. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Best Bet, over on points

28. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

It will be probably close to 100, if not over. But we all have seen the opposite happen as well. It might end up a low scoring game. You just never know.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)