Do you consider Manchester City as real title contenders?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Donnacha C profile image70
    Donnacha Cposted 13 years ago

City can go on the top of the EPL table tonight if they beat Everton...for now anyway....But can they really win the title ahead of Chelsea and Man UTD?

1. profile image52
      Teddy Fanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not based on tonights performance and if there top goal scorer in Tevez is unhappy they will have to pick up a serious replacement to cover where he might be missing.
      I think it would be foolish to rule them out at this stage though as its an incredibly competitive league this year.

2. Dave Harris profile image69
      Dave Harrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not if last night's game against Everton is anything to go by! LOL

2. Karonher profile image61
    Karonherposted 13 years ago

No - and I am so happy with last nights game. They have good individual players but no cohesion. Lescott made a big mistake.

3. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Hi do you live in Manchester?????? I used to stand in the Kippax Street end, and cheer Colin Bell, but that does not answer your question

Yeah sure Manchester City can do anything........

1. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Er, no.

Man Utd is 2 pts above them with 2 games in hand. Arsenal is 1 pt above them with 1 pt in hand. Chelsea is 1 pt below them with 1 game in hand.

Frankly, all these teams are better than Man City, which didn't even win against Everton.

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

now do not be criticizing Everton my husband supports them. ha ha

4. abbeynism profile image41
    abbeynismposted 13 years ago

They have been a consistent team for he past two years and they are gradually getting their steps. I see them as one of the contenders but not the favorite. As good form of Man. U, Chelsea, Arsenal can not give them any chance to get their but they are god for Top four slot.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like you

5. Fuller_legend profile image83
    Fuller_legendposted 13 years ago

No i don't. When they came to stoke the other week they were awful. They tried to control the tempo of the game but couldn't handle being chased and hassled like the other top teams can on a regular basis. Comparing their performance to that of spurs who beat us earlier in the season Tottenham looked streets ahead.  also think they are in desperate need of a new manager as the individual players are there. I think someone like Mourinho would have a massive impact on Man City.

1. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree,they might be able to buy whoever they like but it takes time to gel as a team and clearly thier current manager is unable to do that!!

6. jake_90 profile image60
    jake_90posted 13 years ago

To be fair they are starting to look quite a good side, their performance agaisnt Aston Villa reminds me of Chelsea under Mourinho in the first 2 seasons. They will finish up there come the end of the season, I still believe Chelsea will win the league though.

1. rich_hayles profile image58
      rich_haylesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Being a Villa fan it was no suprise to me that we got hammered by a changed City side. I think that Tevez commiting himself to the cause and the money they could spend in January they have a real chance now. Being in the top 3 at this time of the year means they are still in contention, ruling them out would be risky.

7. republik profile image58
    republikposted 13 years ago

Hopefully they will fade away when it counts, it is not good for football what they are doing to the game

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)