2 Hubs in 1 hour. What do you think of that?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

I had given my fellow hubpages hubbers a challenge "3 hubs in 60 minutes. Are you daring enough to do it?" But many hubber couldn't do it. Only one could do it and it was Betty Reid. I'll tell you 1 thing, Betty was very daring! Ok so now i have reduced the difficulty and made this challenge.
    The rules are the same and you can start it at any time. Now let's see if you can complete my challenge. After all it's a challenge.

1. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jeez enough already!!!,still dont think you can produce 2 decent hubs in one hour even if you already have the ideas already to go!!,how about 1 hub in 2-3hours well written with good content!!

1. profile image0
        JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can produce 2 hubs in an hour warchild! Just easy, simple and attractive one's. Think about it?

2. twobmad profile image60
      twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can write more than two hubs in an hour .... smile setting aside the quality LOL

3. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I thought my computer, hubpages, and the internet would get the timing down, I might be able to do one in an hour, but probably not two. Of course, if you have read any of my hubs, they are very detailed.

When I write a hub, I usually have to get it ready in my works program first, and then transfer the written part to hubpages, and decide how I want to arrange it as I go. Sometimes my internet times out, and I have to start all over again. Thank god I no longer have a dial-up connection, because those time-outs rarely occur anymore.

It's cool, because I was able to download a video to Youtube in less than 2 hours. With dialup, I couldn't do that at all, or it would take an entire day.
      So, It really depends on what your content is. I have seen some hubs that don't have much to them at all. It's like they are there just for the count.

1. LeeWalls profile image60
        LeeWallsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever thought that when you read a good book you're going for content not have a YouTube video pop up at you.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Jason, its "challenge", not "challange".
    Sorry not trying to be pedantic.

1. profile image0

Ok IzzyM, Did you like my challenge and are you going to take part in it?

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely not! I can hardly write a hub in an hour never mind half an hour!

3. Betty Reid profile image59
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

Chickens!  wink

1. profile image0

I am going to do this challange right now and I start it in..3...2...1...NOW!

1. profile image0

Heres my two....

1) Somewhere Far, Far away.
        2) One fine misty morning.

I completed my challange in 26 minutes and 33 seconds. I also Added some picts and some beauty and hard work. So go and check it out!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not often words fail me Jason. 

I need to be somewhere far, far away.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

OK here's my two.  I haven't made hubs yet but here's the text.

The Dinosaurs
    =============
    These were very big things that lived before we came along.  They ate leaves and some ate meat.  Not all were big, but the best ones were.  One was called T Rex.  I don't know what the other one was called.

Recipe for Exotic Toast
    =================
    Take one bit of bread and stick it in the toaster.  Press down with a fork until sparks appear.  Wait three minutes.  Using fork, dig around in toaster until bits of bread pop out.  Sprinkle with salt, anchovies and parmesan cheese.  Sling in bin.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm laughing! big_smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
        Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too!  lol  lol

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I bet you took all of 59 minutes! hehehe lol

It didn't take as long as I expected once I'd buckled down, got organised and cleared my thoughts.  Obviously there was research, then keyword analysis and an assessment of potential markets.

Then a literal 59 minute burst of spontaneous writing, on a total adrenalin rush and, yep, The Dinosaurs 'hub' was was ready.

I only spent a minute on the toast thing.  Cooking's not my area of expertise.

1. RedElf profile image89
          RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NOW, I am laughing big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

3. profile image0

You make me laugh a lot mark! LOL

Thanks Jason, you are very kind. 

I'm still working on the Dinosaur one.  Cheating really, but I can never leave my 'work' alone.

1. profile image0

I am speachless! Thanks for calling me a kind person.
          Mark, DONT cheat but coping points from here and there is allowed. Good luck, You will need it.

I think I should have called my toast recipe - Recipe for Exotic Toast.  Is it too late to change it?

1. profile image0

It's never to late to do anything. BUT DO IT FAST! Time's running out!

5. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Since when is cream of tomato an exotic soup?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Ketchup was exotic to me until I was 18!

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Start with one can of cream of tomato soup. Add croutons.

lol

Oh lol.  Man you're a better cook than me.

1. profile image0

Thank you for that comliment Mark.

2. profile image0

Oh pandoras box, Don't you know that i had experimented with these recipies and added a twist of my own?

3. IzzyM profile image86

big_smile big_smile big_smile

6. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Think I'll pass on the challange... Even though it does sound rather extoic.

1. profile image0

It's exotic and not extoic pandoras box. Make that correction.

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

http://serve.mysmiley.net/party/party0011.gif
    I will be a cheerleader, no, -  a chairleader for this challange...

1. profile image0

Yes Home Girl, You can become a chairleader for this challange. LOL:)

8. Smart Rookie profile image60
    Smart Rookieposted 13 years ago

2 hubs txt.

Toxic Toast Soup Recipe
    -----------------
    Ingredients:
    1. Bread
    2. Water
    3. Raw sewage

Toast the bread, boil some water, then break the toast up, add salt, then using an industrial vacuum cleaner, siphon some sludge out of a nearby sewer. Mix, bring to a boil (again) ring the soup bell and bon apetit!

How Not to Die
    -----------------
    1. Continue Breathing
    2. Eat food and drink water
    3. Sleep routinely
    4. Avoid excessive bleeding
    5. Don't jump from heights of over 100 ft.
    6. Don't harass any serial murderers.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to add some links to it. big_smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Nice work Smart guy.  That toast sounds yummy.  Piquant even.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Really EXOTIC!!

1. Smart Rookie profile image60
          Smart Rookieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the hub on Dinosaurs is the best so far.  All along I thought T. Rex was just a '70s rock band referenced in a Who song.

You're my kind of guy.  However, if I'd gone down that route I would have gone over my alloted time.

I'll tell you what though.  We have 4 possibilities for hubs out of this (2 each , no cheeting) - which is not bad going.

And the keywords for Toxic Toast, Sewage Toast, even dare I say, Exotic Toast - they must be worth something.

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
              wordscribe43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's CHEATING, Mark.  Fix it, please.

lol

Whops!  Silly me.

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Why don't we write about how to open up a tin of condensed tomato soup and serve it up with toast - just normal toast but maybe broken up into little pieces to make croutons? That a good idea?

Ah.  That is why you write successful marketing hubs.  That is the killer idea. 

You have 30 minutes.

Only joking.

10. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

OR, for those who do have difficulty- just a hub on opening a can of tomato soup- with two options- one with the pull ring thing that you bravely pull and hope for the best and the second with that kitchen gadget we can a tin opener (not sure what other countries call them)

I'm liking this - and then you can sell them the tin opener - manual or electric.

In the UK we call them.. a... tin opener.

11. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

So we have a tin opener, a tin of tomato soup, a loaf of bread - all of which Amazon sell....and a COOKER to heat it up on. Oh and if we go away and leave it unattended, we could also sell fire extinguishers, smoke alarms etc.
    Oh yes this is going to be a highly profitable topic!

12. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 13 years ago

As a general observation - an awful lot more people think they can write poetry than can do so......

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A VERY keen observation, LondonGirl... one I've been painfully aware of myself.  hmm

13. Betty Reid profile image59

Jason Nicols, perhaps you should write a poem about exotic soups.

Two hubs per hour,
    exotic meals to devour.
    You can write fast,
    and your lunch is unsurpassed.

14. Betty Reid profile image59

Despite the negative feedback, I am going to try it again.  Starting now.

15. Betty Reid profile image59
    1. profile image0

I am gonna go and check it out right now! Ok Betty, Please post here in how much time did you write these 2 hubs. We hubbers would love to know:)

1. Betty Reid profile image59
        Betty Reidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I posted "starting now" when I start and "here's my two when I am done".  In the future I can put the exact time to be clear.  Thanks for starting the challenge.

16. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Ok it took an hour to do just one but I think it ticks all the boxes.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Classic-Recipes … Every-Time

Thanks to all on this thread for the inspiration.

1. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good hub,totally fool proof.lol.Couldnt do two quality hubs like that in an hour though eh!!wink

For me, the research is everything.  So I will spend literally hours on a subject before even the first words are forming.  I think this attention to detail will pay off one day.

But seriously...

No, I couldn't possibly do two in an hour.  Even if its essentially a bit of nonsense, I want people to get something out of it in return for them visiting. Heck, I want to be proud of it.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I can't do this because when I write I do research also. My other hubs are simpler but I still need time.

18. Mark Ewbie profile image82

If I write another hub, say in a couple of days time, can I add it to the one challenge hub I've already done? 

Or should I save that hub until a challenge comes along?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)