miami heat

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

They have become dominant over the last month. After starting 9-8, they have won 16 of 17 games. Does the Heat stand with the elite of the league? Or, is it bacause most the teams they played, were .500 or below? Their flow, as a team, is better now but, that's a lot of ego's.

1. bogerk profile image71
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The NBA is all about star status and celebrity. With three stars on the team, The Miami Heat most certainly can and will compete in the playoffs, whereas teams like the Milwaukee Bucks, Golden State Warriors or now the Cleveland Cavaliers have no real chance to compete because they do not have a Marquee Player.

With three Marquee Players, the Miami Heat is just fine in David Stern's NBA.

2. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

I think the Heat have a chance to go deep in the playoffs, there are only a handful of teams that are better than them. Injuries make or break teams down the line when it comes to playoffs we will have to wait and see which team has a superior lineup in the playoffs that can beat the Lakers, after all they are still the world champions.

3. LakeShow T profile image73
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Sure the Heat are among the NBA elite but I don't think they are going to win the Championship or make the NBA Finals this season. They are a lot better now than they were after their mediocre start to the season. They are making defense a priority because it fuels their fastbreaks, which is huge because Wade and LeBron are two of the best open court players in the NBA. With that said, I don't think they have beaten more than 3 or 4 teams with a winning record to this point (They beat Orlando, L.A., and someone else I think). With that said, I don't think there is any way they can beat the Celtics in a best of 7 series. The Celtics are far too experienced and far too deep. The new-look Orlando Magic would also give them a world of trouble due to Miami's lack of an interior presence to contend with Dwight Howard. I do think they will win a championship(s), but it will take another year, or two, or three. They need to further develop their chemistry and need to add a few more pieces that fit into their puzzle because the Big Three are the only players producing anything right now.

4. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I love watching Boston play! They have really grown together, may have the best team down there ever now. Chicago has really surprised me as well. I am a big Bull fan. I have nothing against the Heat, but I think they have a year ot two before they compete. It takes a while to mesh together. Orlando seems like they are always missing something and L.A. is always there. phil jackson, best coach ever.

5. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

The Heat are for real now. They have lost one game in the last month. They just might win the title after all.

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

We need Lebron back! smile

7. LakeShow T profile image73

LeBron should be back from his ankle injury by Tuesday, but now they have to deal with an ankle injury suffered by Chris Bosh on Saturday night. It didn't look very good but apparently it is just a mild sprain, so it looks like it will be a bit before the Heat are back to full strength. They have now lost three straight games and are now officially out of the running to beat the Bulls record of 72-10 as some speculated they would upon formation of the Super Team.

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

it shows you how without one of their big three, they are in trouble.

9. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 13 years ago

The Heat are right up there with the elite in the league.  I am from Massachusetts and am a Celtic fan.  Injuries are a key for the Celtics but if they are healthy come playoff time, I am confident they will be right there in contention.  The Bulls are scary with Rose, Deng, and Boozer, all ver capable scorers.  The Heat stars are young and hungry and really came together for Coach K in the Olympics.  If he were coaching them now, watch out.  Check out my NBA reference at the end of my hub about the best college coach ever.

10. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Why are so many people booing the Heat three? Are people really that envious?

1. profile image0
      Husky1970posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question klarawieck.  I guess all the media attention given to "The Decision" didn't help.  That whole situation was just over the top.  But D-Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are quality guys and a great nucleus to build around.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Didn't the proceeds of that event go to a charity of some sort? I mean... if you can milk it, why not?
        I felt bad for Wade for not being welcomed in his hometown. That's just cruel. I hope the three of them stay in Miami until retirement. We're very lucky down here. smile

11. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Lebron went from most loved, to most hated. I think even the fans, felt like he should of stayed in Cleveland. He can go where he wants to. Whether you love him or hate him, he is a talent. Could very well be one of the best, the time he retires.

12. LakeShow T profile image73

I am concerned that this kind of "Super team" will cause a bad trend in the NBA where all the superstars from small to middle market teams hold their franchises hostage while they come together and decide they are going to play together in a large market. You can see this happening again right now. Amare Stoudemire joined the New York Knicks via free-agency this season and him, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul have put a plan in place to all team up on the Knicks by 2012. LeBron left the small market Cavs and now they have the worst record in the NBA and have not won a game in a month. Chris Bosh left the small market Raptors and that team doesn't have much of a chance. When Carmelo and Chris Paul leave their small market teams in Denver and New Orleans respectively, those franchises will be destroyed.

This started with the Boston Celtics when they got Ray Allen from Seattle (now OKC) and that franchise sunk down to one of the worst teams in the league, but are a rare team that has recovered very well. Also within that same formation, the departure of Kevin Garnett has destroyed that franchise and it has not recovered since, although a lot of that has to do with the ownership.

So pretty soon there will only be 4-5 Super teams that contend to win the title every season and then the other 25-26 NBA cities will no longer be interested and the NBA as a whole will suffer in many ways. Compare that to the NFL where the parity of the league is what drives the fan interest in every market because a team that is awful one season can become a Super Bowl contender the next and because any team can win in any game.

13. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

After reading everyone's posts, I think Lakeshow did call it right, as the Heat are one of the elite teams in the nba, but the problem is their depth.  In a seven game series against the Celtics, Magic and even the Bulls would give them problems because those teams are very deep, and they have something Miami doesn't have...HEIGHT.  Unfortunately, due to Udonis Haslem still being injured, the Heat don't have enough size to contend with the front court of the other elite Eastern Confernce teams, and Chris Bosh is not the best defensive post player in the league.  Therefore, it'll be a year or two before we can start talking championships with the Heat or even mentioning the possible breaking of the Bulls' 72-10 record. 

However, I doubt seriously anyone will ever break that record, as it seems that in today's sports world more coaches often favor RESTING players when they already locked up their playoff positions.  Therefore, it'll be a while before any coach shows the cajones to not rest players in favor of getting the historic season record. 

However, I'm a bit surprised more people aren't talking about the Spurs this year, as they're actually doing a helluva a lot better than the Lakers in the western conference, and they're certainly better than the miami heat hands down. 

Personally, if you ask me, I think in the west it'll be a fight between either the spurs and lakers.  in the east, it's going to be the celtics or the magic. more than likely it'll be the celtics though.  As for my dark horse, I'll go with chicago, as they remind me a lot of the 2008 detroit pistons team that had a blue collar all defensive attitude that won them a title.  Therefore, I'm not counting them out.  As for the Heat, I'm sorry.  In a seven game series with a weak bench and lack of depth in their front court, I'll be surprised if they even make it to the conference finals.  Let alone get to the finals and win it.  It's not going to happen...

1. LakeShow T profile image73
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 1000% with all of that analysis from Steven on just about every point.

As for the Bulls 72-10 record, that is an interesting topic. I haven't thought about it much, but I don't see anyone topping that record either. Michael Jordan competed every night as though it was the NBA Finals. He would not allow for letdowns or complacency and he instilled that mentality in the rest of his teammates.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Spurs and Lakers are good teams. Don't count out Celtics as well, I am a fan of Celtics - Bird. And the Superman is good. Wade, Lebron and Bosh are good trio but I don't see them this year, They are still young and most specially Lebron - he is just awesome.

15. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4992615_f248.jpg

WATCH OUT BOSTON!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)