Legislation for Internment Camps in the US

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Check this out. I just received this in my e-mail.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Excellent link - thank you. I was not aware of that site. I am aware of much of what is going on though. I bet you are looking forward to your God-Blessed troops coming home soon. wink  Makes you wonder about the whole "right wing understanding of god, nation and patriotism."

Which of your founding fathers warned about standing armies?

Same in Europe - we have German troops in France as part of a "cultural exchange program to foster better understanding between the two nations." Personally - if I wanted to quash the local population - I would use foreign troops. sad

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Have you just realized the Big Bro is coming?

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
      GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

*hides behind couch!*

Actually, not many people in America it seems realize big bro is already here.

From security cameras on random streets, to snap shots of people speeding past red lights, our society is forever being monitored by someone or something almost every day.

In LA, for example, this past July they set up microphones that would pick up the sounds of fireworks or fire arms and alert police. They'd triangulate the general direction and start looking for clues and witnesses.

Then you've Carnivore for the FBI, which actually has already been superseded by something even more useful.

The argument people usually give for allowing themselves to be treated in this manner is that
      "If you don't do anything wrong, you have nothing to fear."

This is true, but Ben Franklin once said..

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

The point is that we need to remember that the Federal government is our slaves, not the other way around.

And who says they're introducing this stuff for our benefit? Could it be that its not that they fear us doing something wrong, they fear themselves disenfranchising the country as to prepare for a major conflict?

Its interesting to note that the Washington Supreme court had a case awhile back involving "upskirt" shots taken in public by unsuspecting women. While they all agreed it was a disgusting and immoral act they ultimately ruled it was not illegal.

Why? Because they believe you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in public places. Go figure.

Just some thoughts.

-GLM

3. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Global Research is a good site with a lot of good information.

This may be one of the reasons for the proposed Internment Camps.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/binary/8a2f/breakup.jpg

4. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Mike - it's a real shame that you are blinded to religion's complicity in the whole affair. I know you don't want to hear it - but you should do some research into the catholic church's financial dealings. There are even some articles on this site.

5. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Do you just have one train of thought Mark?  You'd have people believe the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the predatory lending practices, the derivatives, the financial meltdown, the bailouts, the executive bonuses, state sovereignty issues, proposed internment camps and everything else was the fault of the Catholic Church if you could.  I just searched the site archives from Jan. 1, 2000 to the present with the search term 'Catholic church' and found only 1 result from Sept. 2006 about Mexico then searched the same period for the term 'Catholic' and found only 1 result also from Sept. 2006 about the Pope insulting Islam, old news.  Try thinking with the other side of your brain for a change Mark.  Are you getting senile my old friend?  big_smile

No sweetheart - you think the catholic church advertises their bank balances on the internet?

Are you not aware of the vast wealth the church has amassed out side the banking system?

Are you not aware that there are other sources of information than the internet?

You think I blame everything on them? Why - all I said was don't fool yourself that they are any better.

6. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

Does anybody watch Bill Maher on HBO?  Well I watch the guy and last night he and his panel were talking about these "suppose" camps, they are being called the "FEMA concentration camps".  Last night his panel consisted of a Republican NY Times Political Columnist, a Vermont Senator who is an Independent and Actress and Keith Oberman from MSNBC. 

They were all in agreement that this was false and hoax reporting.  The bottomline the story is an invention made by the CEO of Fox News and the Producer of Glen Beck's show. 

Now I ask, what good comes out of hoax reporting?  There is no truth behind crap.  Doesn't FOX News have an obligation to report the truth?

7. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Thanks, RK...  I didn't want to actually have to go through the process of researching that one.

8. SparklingJewel profile image65

So are you all implying that this article, for instance, is just an interpretation of the legislative facts? And what makes your or anyone's interpretation, fact?
    Really, why is it everyone "knows" they are right and others are wrong? big_smile

I choose to look at things as if they are potentials and pray for the best to happen...such as that the camps are just for our own safety and security. But I plan for both, because the mass consciousness, or portions thereof, can create whatever it wants.
    Why do you think conservatives are so worried about things...it's because of who is in charge, and their perceived notions based on the life experiences of those that are and have been in charge (these camps weren't just started by Bush and continued by Obama). There are many others involved....oooohhh conspiracy!

1. RKHenry profile image63
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I can't tell you why they are making up stories and worrying.  I'm not a conservative.  I am happy to speculate the reasons why I think they are worrying, [if they are].  Maybe the conservatives are worrying about the public finding out the truths about the past 8 years of cheating, lying, fraud and handouts that had been taking place.  If your question about what the applied implications- I RKHenry was suggesting; "No.  I was not making any implications.  As for fact, DID I SAY that I was stating facts???? 
      I did ask an open ended question at the end- did I miss where you answered it?
      Sparkle; follow the words I've written.  Please refrain yourself from further posting errors about me.  Thank you.  Here, I'll repost what I said, so you can quote me correctly. 

"Does anybody watch Bill Maher on HBO?  Well I watch the guy and last night he and his panel were talking about these "suppose" camps, they are being called the "FEMA concentration camps".  Last night his panel consisted of a Republican NY Times Political Columnist, a Vermont Senator who is an Independent and Actress and Keith Oberman from MSNBC.  They were all in agreement that this was false and hoax reporting.  The bottomline the story is an invention made by the CEO of Fox News and the Producer of Glen Beck's show. Now I ask, what good comes out of hoax reporting?  There is no truth behind crap.  Doesn't FOX News have an obligation to report the truth?</blockquote>

9. SparklingJewel profile image65

Soooooo, whose to say "what is truth?"

You are. And I am. And history will bear one of us out. Depending who writes it. smile

Use your judgment - do you trust your government. Apparently you do judging from your "god bless our troops" and other comments you have made. Yet you felt the need to post this link, so I suspect you are beginning to doubt.

Myself - I prefer to look back through the history books and make my own judgments based on what has happened on the past - and plan accordingly - rather than pray. It is not so long ago your soldiers were shooting student demonstrators. It is not so long ago soldiers in my country were shooting striking miners.

I ask you again - which of your founding fathers was it that warned against standing armies? These were very clever men, intent on avoiding the mistakes of the past and attempting to learn from history. Separation of church and state. No income taxes. No standing armies. Less government. I suspect they are turning in their graves about now. sad

And if by "a portion of the mass consciousness" you mean a small band of politicians, bankers and industrialists - I am not going to argue with you.

SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The way I look at the government is that they have the potential to do what is best, but usually don't. But I don't give up on people because they don't get it right big_smile
        I am forever the optimist, but always in prayer for people to "get it", knowing that people don't often connect with their "highest aspect of consciousness" to make the best decisions. I pray for that connection for myself and for others...the Christ/Buddha/God mind.
        Blessing people, in prayer and such, is my way of putting my power of consciousness into play in a situation...taking my responsibility.
        And because I qualify that power "according to the Universal/God will, I don't have to know all the answers, just pray for others to act and make the best choices in their actions (by connecting with that highest aspect of consciousness) big_smile

Your "right" is not necessarily their "right."

What was "right" for Bill Clinton earned him millions in fees after he left office. Most politicians can be counted on to do what is "right" for them. sad

And that is their "best" decision.

Not really sure I can count praying as "taking your responsibility" either. Don't see your prayer doing much good. Do you?

Not that I can say I have managed to make much difference by actions or words either. Banging my head against the wall maybe lol Still - that is what I feel is taking my responsibility......

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
            Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So far the constitution has protected the Greeks from the insidious surveillance culture, but the government still keeps trying to bring them in for 'public safety.' The recent riots show that the Greek nation will not lie down and give up, but will that be enough? I hope so. sad

Direct action seems to be the only way - if everybody destroyed one CCTV camera per day, the problem would soon be over. smile

Well, I have to admit, in my belief system actions speak louder than words (actions versus prayer); but physical actions are also more karmic incurring.  But I do try to act consciously considering that potential. But one can't stay completely karma free...it just can't be done...unless one is a high Master in a cave. big_smile Prayer is the next best thing.

As far as the "camps" go. Like I said earlier, if they are used to help keep us safe and free to create, great. If they are going to hinder our freedoms, not good. It is all up to those in charge and the population to stand up and say, yea or nay to what is happening...hopefully before it gets too far along.
              Many conservatives think it has gone too far, they are not seeing Obama taking the middle ground to be everyone's president that he said he would be. Even many liberals are questioning his actions and motives...as we all should.
              The way I am seeing it, in some things anyway, Obama looks like he is doing the worst of both sides !? hmm

1. countrywomen profile image60
                countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

SJ- Karma by itself isn't a bad thing and one can indulge in positive karma too. Well my friend can you please clearly spell out all the issues where you feel let down by Obama? I personally find two things positive one is the handling of prisoners (where America was getting enormous bad rap for abu ghraib/guatanamo) and the beneficial legislation for women. Finally please do give the man a chance it has just been 2 months and far too early my friend to thoroughly judge him either way. smile

P.S: I respect your views and I wasn't trying to be critical of you in anyway. I was just trying to state my point of view.

2. RKHenry profile image63
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Save that for the religious forum.  Next question please.

You are the one that brought it up! big_smile

10. SparklingJewel profile image65

here is the link to the bill in the House of Representatives about these "camps"

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex … l=h111-645

11. SparklingJewel profile image65

I know what you mean about it looking like prayer may not be doing anything. Especially when we look at the grand scale of things going on in the world. It's a friggin' mess !

But I have witnessed it enough in my personal life, and with friends and family, and there have been situations in the news that I have seen. But it is a matter of how one "sees" things, based on understanding of certain matters.

For instance, when praying for the "wrong doers in the economy or government" to be brought to "justice", we have seen many people who have been "caught" in their "misdeeds" big_smile

But "no man is an island"...there are so many variables and people caught up in any particular situation, that some may be doing some good things that could bring about a better situation, so their bad karma isn't "due". And then there are others, whose bad karma was so big that it couldn't be stopped from coming due. Like Madoff...even his name implies his motives in life...he made off with other people's money! hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)