Australian Prime Minister draws the ire of immigrants.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Without hate or malice, these should be our sentiments.  As parents chastizing malcontent children...............

'IMMIGRANTS,  NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I  am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are  offending some individual or their culture. Since the  terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge  in patriotism by the majority of Australians. ' 

'This culture has been developed over two  centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions  of men and women who have sought freedom' 

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish,  Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any  other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of  our society . Learn the language!'

'Most  Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian,  right wing, political push, but a fact, because  Christian men and women, on Christian principles,  founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It  is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of  our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you  consider another part of the world as your new home,  because God is part of our culture.'

'We  will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All  we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and  peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR  COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow  you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you  are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our  Way of Life, I highly encourage you take  advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE  RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you  aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to  come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country  YOU accepted.'

Simple and to the point.  We will accept you, we welcome you.  On our terms.  It's our country, you choose to come here.  If you disagree with everything we stand for, leave or better yet, don't come in the first place.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

As usual he is forgetting that the country was 'founded' 64 million years ago by the non-Christian, non English-speaking Aboriginal peoples.

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I highly doubt that the aborigines would come up with a country like Australia that looks anything like it does now.  It would be called something else and would be very different and more reflective of aborigine culture.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.  And the same can be said of each new wave of immigration which adds value and diversity to the nation rather than just blending into the background apologetically.

2. Mercredi profile image63
      Mercrediposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Japan was founded by the Ainu but the Japanese killed them all.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the underlying message of the PM is not 'do what we do because we got here first', it is 'do what we do because we have the power'.

No, that's your interpretation.

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

does that mean all newcomers need to be convicts serving their time away from England?

1. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is honor in that - you get to be chosen by the most qualified of magistrates and judges.

4. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

The problem could be in the Immigration process itself hmm maybe more emphasis is needed so comprehension is acquired by the immigrant that our lands and people 'share'. Immigrants that complain should realize they have the freedoms to bring change too. tongue I love the diversity of Canada's peoples smile but not the treatment of the Indigenous peoples. hmm

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

the preservation of Australian culture is key not only for Australia, but for the advancement of Western Civilization

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg

Where would we be without the glorious visionaries from down under?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OgMt12dj1aI/SalJ6ihMvyI/AAAAAAAAAfU/a8m0y97vMek/s400/bee+gees+GD5791397.jpg

Thank God that someone is willing to stand up to those who would mutilate or overthrow a cultural that has epitomized the ultimate in human evolution

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2007/May/Week1/1530154.jpg

I'm so glad you didn't mention Air Supply.  When I was a kid, if I heard one of their songs I would run away.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't you EVER make fun of Air Supply!!!

I know just how to whisper
        and I know just how to cry
        I know just where to find the answers
        and I know just how to lie

I know just how to fake it
        and I know just how to scheme
        I know just when to face the truth
        and then I know just when to dream

And I know just where to touch you
        and I know just what to prove
        I know when to pull you closer
        and I know when to let you loose

And I know the night is fading
        and I know that time's gonna fly
        And I'm never gonna tell you
        ev'rything I've got to tell you
        But I know I've got to give it a try

And I know the roads to riches
        and I know the ways to fame
        I know all the rules and then
        I know how to break them
        and I always know the name of the game

But I don't know how to leave you
        and I'll never let you fall
        And I don't know how you do it
        Making love out of nothing at all
        (Making love) out of nothing at all

Ev'ry time I see you all the rays of the sun
        Are streaming through the waves in your hair
        And ev'ry star in the sky is
        taking aim at your eyes like a spotlight

The beating of my heart is a drum
        and it's lost and it's looking for a rhythm like you
        You can take the darkness from the pit of the night
        and turn into a beacon burning endlessly bright
        I've got to follow it
        'cause ev'rything I know
        Well it's nothing till I give it to you

I can make the run or stumble
        I can make the final block
        And I can make every tackle
        at the sound of the whistle
        I can make all the stadiums rock

I can make tonight forever
        Or I can make it disappear by the dawn
        And I can make you every promise
        That has ever been made
        and I can make all your demons be gone

But I'm never gonna make it without you
        Do you really want to see me crawl?
        And I never gonna make it like you do
        Making love out of nothing at all
        (Making love) out of nothing at all....

Aaaaaggggghhhh! Nails across the chalkboard!!! Aaaaaagggghhhhh!

2. ediggity profile image62
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?  They do their music
        All Out of Love  lol

What a dirty deed.  If you were right here, I'd choke you.

wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)