Off the topic but maybe some help?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

I need some help from Microsoft but for some reason their technical support is saying that there’s a problem with my license number. I’m not quite sure why that is and I’ve emailed their head office but I’ll probably have to wait a while for their reply.

I’m sure some must have windows 7 (which I’ve been running since inception but find inferior to every other Windows program I’ve had).

There is neither an email program (like Outlook Express) or any form of photo editing with the software. There are other features that aren’t on it either, and I don’t like the Windows Media center. There’s also something called ‘one note’ or something.

Unhappily, the only way I can find out what these things are is to sign up for them and I don’t want to sign up for them because then it changes the registry and I can never quite get it out of the registry again.

So, I have some questions.

1.    Did Microsoft eliminate the email program on the computer software and just give one the option of using hotmail on the web?
    2.    Did they eliminate the photo editing from the computer software and just put it all on the web – just like flikr and photobin and all the other photo editing/storage sites?’
    3.    What exactly is one note?
    4.    Have I made a mistake and these programs can all be downloaded onto my computer and I can use an email facility on my laptop with my provider’s email address?

I have to tell you if that is all true, I’m downloading Ubuntu and over a period of time am completely eliminating Windows from my life.  I’m also just sticking with Vista because I truly cannot see where exactly Windows 7 have made any improvements.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

The applications you are talking about are no longer bundled with Windows. They can be downloaded and installed from the Windows Live website free of charge. You can also download the Windows XP virtual machine, which allows you to run XP within Windows 7, giving you two operating systems in one.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I tried to download these things but it didn't work. However, I was loathe, and still am, to sign up for any sort of Windows account. What actually is Windows Live. I have an absolute horror of being on sites like that.

What worries me is the 'share' word. Generally when something says share it means that one has to be signed in somewhere in order to use them. I don' want to be signed in.

3. profile image0

Windows Live is Microsoft's portal for free software, email (previously hotmail) and various collaboration tools.

1. profile image0

Okay, thank you. I think the issue was with my motherboard. It's just been replaced after 16 months of phoning Dell. I'll try it again and see if it works this time. Thanks for your time. Appreciated. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Email:

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/

There are dozens of free photo management systems, but I like photoshop elements. For less than $100 - a good deal I think.

1. profile image0

Yes, I'm aware of that. smile

I think I've tried every single one of them over the past year. I even bought CS4  and not a single one of them worked. Not on an Apple Mac or on Window 7. I called Adobe after about 2 months for the Mac. They did some tests and told me the operating system wasn't reading Jpg. I took it back to Apple for the umpteenth time. They changed the hard drive because they said it was failing. They left the operating system. I got my money back, bought a Dell. Nothing from Gimp to Photoshop worked. Moaned my guts out for 16 months. Finally got someone to change the mother board after they had changed everything else. It works. Adobe, incidentally, after 3 months could not figure out what the issue was and gave me my money back.

No I'm a little nervous... I've bought two machines in the space of 5 months and both of them had operating systems. What are the odds?

1. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a user problem to me. Did you try some self-education? The right place to start may be a definition of "operating system". smile

Happy New Year! smile

2. Aficionada profile image78
            Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't this rather like saying "I've bought two automobiles in the space of 5 months and both of them had engines.  What are the odds?"

IzzyM very kindly attempted to point out that you had omitted something and you brushed her off.  What exactly did you mean by the statement I have quoted?

1. profile image0

@Afcionada, yes, you have understood exactly the spirit of what I have been trying to say!!!

4. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

Why do Russians always act like the backside of a mule?

1. Misha profile image62

Is it supposed to be an insult? Happy New Year! smile

1. KeithTax profile image72
        KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would you think I'm talking about you? You certainly raised your hand fast enough.

1. Misha profile image62

Obviously I was the only Russian on this thread. Or where you trying to bring the thread completely off-topic? smile

2. profile image0

I don't know but I'm learning to ignore them. There's no accounting for deviance.

1. Misha profile image62

You can ignore me to your heart content. It does not change the fact that your computer experience will greatly improve if you take your time to learn at least a few basic things about computers, like what is operating system. It is obvious from your posts you have no idea what you are talking about. smile

Oh, and you don't have to go to college for this, it is easily learnt on your own. big_smile

Happy New Year! smile

1. profile image0

Misha, the bit about the operating system had nothing to do with what I initially wrote. I was merely explaining to Mark that why I was so familiar with all the photographic software.

It was because a year earlier, I had been downloading every single bit of photographic software but none of them would work because my macbook wasn't reading jpgs. I didn't assume that. My macbook was diagnosed by ADOBE, who I think know a little bit as well.

Also, now that I have a new motherboard, new harddrive with new software, the photographic software is working on my computer.

Best Buy Geek Squad examined my computer and told me it was the operating system. So, if you have a beef with anyone, please call the Geek Squad and tell them that they don't know what they're talking about.

I then called Dell and told them I had been to Best Buy. For some reason, the supervisor was called in and asked me not to deal with Best Buy. We then discussed everything and he understood that it wasn't operator error and he could see the paperwork for the full 16 months I had been phoning in about the same problem. He sent a technician - at Dell's expense - to replace everything.

My computer now works with photo editing equipment.

My apologies for going from one topic to another topic without clarifying that. You see, that is why it's important to write English well - because people misunderstand what is being said.

I don't have any issues with confessing to what I'm not good at.

I will confess right now that I'm incredibly bad at:

conversing with people because I'm task orientated not people orientated

wink

1. Aficionada profile image78

The Geek Squad guy was telling you, "It's the operating system that's at fault."  He was not saying that your computer had a problem because it has an operating system.  Every computer has an operating system.  On my current one, it is Windows.  The old ones I had many years ago had DOS as their operating system.  The Geek Squad guy knew what he was talking about and he assumed that you would understand.

No, Sophia Angelique; I'm genuinely sorry, but I don't understand at all what you were trying to say.  That is why I asked.

This:

There may have been some instances in your posts when you intended some irony or self-deprecation that did not come through in the way you intended.

A gracious admission of a mistake goes a long way towards generating respect.

BTW, Website Examiner is a trusted and respected Hubber and would be an excellent third party certifier.

1. profile image0

Aficionada, you are quite right in everything you say.

Sometimes my thoughts are way ahead of what I'm typing and I don't go back to see what I've said. I mostly do, but sometimes I don't. It's complicated by the fact that if I'm interrupted (the phone rings or something), because I have working memory impairment, I completely lose the thread.

Yes, I worded myself incorrectly about the operating system. I suppose I took it for granted that it was understood what I meant. I should know better! smile

Essentially, the guy at Geek Squad explained to me how the operating systemsoftware  were installed and he said that they were installed mechanically by machinery and if something went wrong on one the installing machinery, then a group of computers would have the same error. It was an awfully long explanation but essentially the operating system on the computer that I bough was corrupt. I was always talking about the operating systems on the laptops that I bought, not generalizing for everybody else's computers! I'm sorry if that is what came across.

Yes, I realize that I am often misunderstood. Ever read the  Myers Brigg profile of an INTJ? That's our sore point. When I was first tested with that profile I cried for weeks because I had been misunderstood so many times in my life! Then I went through a period of trying to change the profile and be someone I wasn't. Eventually accepted it was me, and learnt to go back, get more information, apologize where necessary, etc.

Ye, I know that Website Examiner is good at what he does. We emailed privately and he explained some things to me. smile

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I am INT also. Borderline between J and P, last time I checked. big_smile

1. profile image0

Oh, boy, that does explain rather why you and I clash!!!!

Okay, I'm going to make special allowances for you. I know how much I struggle with the people thing - especially when I know I'm right! smile

That last bit was meant to be funny by the way. Of course, I'm not right all the time! smile

2. Misha profile image62

Umm, I went back and re-read all what you said again. I have to admit that other than a strange use of the term "operating system" all the rest sounds more or less adequate. I guess our heated debate on another thread this day or a day before made me to jump to conclusions.

So, I apologize smile

Still, you certainly do not come across as a person holding MCSE, and I won't believe it until I see a confirmation. smile

1. Pcunix profile image91
              Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The tests must have changed since I took them, as I would have believed that almost anybody could pass them with a bit of studying..

No, I'm kidding. Microsoft tests were fairly tough, though the Sun exams I took were many times more difficult (and I'm saying that as someone who came to the exams with a strong Unix background).

1. profile image0

Pcunix, I'm good at book learning so I was able to do it. However, I'm not a techie. I once tried doing an A++ course and realized early on that I get very frustrated working with hardward. I'm now older and a lot wise. I know that it's one thing to understand something in theory. It's quite another to have a knack for it!

smile

So true.  I had a A++ certified person work for me once. Worst hire I ever made; he knew nothing of value.

But the Microsoft tests did try to get around "book learning" by the "scenario" testing where they would propose a design situation and ask you to choose from alternatives. That required more than just reading and memorizing.

1. profile image0

Yes, that is true. I remember that.

You're right, Pcunix. When we had our first test on IP addresses, I passed with 100% (very good at math).

Then we were given something to repair in class and the techies left me stranded! It took me a long time to understand things. I seem to remember there was something called virtual memory at the time. One could increase it if the RAM was too small. In those days a harddrive was a mere 250mb. I can't remember what RAM was.

I think what the experience has left me with was an ability to figure out whether something is hardware, software, or 'firmware'. I started working for Olivetti in 1975 when they were implementing word processing. When clients called, I had to figure out whether it was operator error or the software or the machine itself.

I also recall a lecturer from Italy saying that one day word processors would 'talk' to each other. I thought, 'not in my life time."

smile

So, yes, I will never be a techie. I don't like engineering but I like problem solving on paper. :smile And I think those people who do those things with ease have a particular talent in spatial ability and logic combined.

2. profile image0

Thank you, Misha. Apology accepted. I don't always think about how I come over when I write - except when I'm writing an article! smile

You're entitled to believe as you wish. It was a long time ago. 1994/5. Systems have changed a lot since then. We dealt with coax cable, IP Addreses, sequel server, and stuff I can't even remember. If I remember correctly, at the time, there were six different modules.I'm sure that there are 10 million things that are very different today than was at that time.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Sophia said

"No I'm a little nervous... I've bought two machines in the space of 5 months and both of them had operating systems. What are the odds?"

Misha said

"The right place to start may be a definition of "operating system"."

Sophia, I think what you maybe you missed out the word "problems" at the end of operating system?

I also use Windows 7 and I find that Irfanview 4.25 (free picture program) works great with it.

Can't help you on the Mac as I have never used one.

One Note is packaged with Office 2007, and I've never used it. Don't think you will need it. It seems to want to remind you of meeting and appointments and things like that.

1. Misha profile image62

Nah Izzy, the rest of her posts prove she does not have a remotest idea what operating system means. Based on what she said, I would venture to guess she meant the actual physical box with its content. smile

There is absolutely no shame in being computer illiterate, especially at our age, though it is quite funny when such an illiterate person blames her computer problems on anything but herself smile

1. profile image0

Izzy, I have an MCSE so I know what an operating system is. I probably had it before you knew what a keyboard was.

I am also an ex computer programmar in 1975/6, have been on the web since it had 3048 pages, am qualified as a web designer (in London), etc. I have been on computers since 1975 and on the web since late 1994.

I'm sorry you misunderstand what I say. I'm sorry you feel that you keep having to put me down.

If I was computer illiterate, I would admit it. However, since I've even run a computer training school (in the days of Cobol), I don't have to. That's because I'm very computer savvy.

1. Misha profile image62

Here is my MCP Transcript:

www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/transcripts
          transcript id: 891458
          access code: seemyMCSE

Can I see yours?

1. profile image0

Oh, puh-lease. If you honestly think I'm going to publish anything with my real name and details on it, you're quite mistaken.

1. Misha profile image62

You can send the link with login data to me or somebody we both trust, through their profile or by email, so they can confirm it here. smile

Do we really care?

I mean really, why would someone lie about something like that in this context? She isn't applying for a job, right?

1. Misha profile image62

Really, it is just the letters on my computer screen. Yet I would like to know if I was just misinterpreting Sophia's use of terminology in the first posts of this thread, and therefore I was a mule's ass for calling it a user problem - or she is lying, and then she is that thing, together with Keithtax. In the former case I would have to apologize, in the later I can laugh and move on smile

You remember the original post of the thread? 

I suppose it's helpful to do that smile

2. Pcunix profile image91

My gosh, you are almost a newbie :-)

Mine is so old that it included

Exam 042 NT Workstation
            Exam 043 NT Server
            Exam 058 Networking Essentials
            Exam 063 Windows 95
            Exam 075 Exchange Server
            Exam 077 Internet Information Server

smile

Anybody who needs to know how Win 95 can access NT server shouldn't bother to call me -  I have long forgotten :-)

2. profile image0

Ooops, that was supposed to read Misha, not Izzy! You see my fingers go to different places my  mind does!!!

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No worries I knew what you meant smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, Izzy. smile

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Sorry I can't help - I've only ever used Windows 7 once (on someone else's computer) and was totally underwhelmed.

The lady whose computer it was wanted me to move folders around so that they were grouped more appropriately.  I found that I was unable to do this - perhaps I missed something really basic, but it's annoying when what was previously a straightforward job in older versions of Windows suddenly becomes something that you need to learn all over again.

7. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Or, if you want a GOOD operating system, ditch that junk and buy a Mac.

1. profile image0

I bought a mac, Pcunix. It was the worst operating system I ever had in my life. I returned it.

Should I give you some insider knowledge?

When the Mac didn't work because it had a dud operating system, (diagnosed by a third party company, i.e. Adobe), I took it back. Apple then did another diagnoses and told me the hard drive was failing. Um. yes. It might have been, but the computer still didn't work. And it still had the same issues. It turned out that it was the operating system, and at that point, i never wanted to deal with the company again. I wanted my money back and they gave it to me.

I told this to my friend who worked for military intelligence as a computer expert. He burst out laughing for 5 long minutes. He said that Apple's operating system was no better than anyone else.

I believe that. You have to make an appointment days in advance to go and see their 'geniuses' and their 'geniuses' aren't that bright. At Geek Squad, at Best Buy, one is seen immediately. This is despite the fact that they sell a lot of computers. I spoke to a Geek Squad Techie and he said that Apple were the most terrible people to deal with and that their service was horrific. After I dealt with them, I believe that.

The irony is that as I've been working on computers since 1975, I pretty much know that an occasional system can be a dud. If they had just accepted that, and done the exchange immediately, no problems. It's their absolutely insistence that, "Oh, but you don't have to do it that way. We can find another way to do it." that got to me.

When I asked them why I had to find another way to do the task, they would tell me that they train all their apple staff to find other ways of doing things. So, now I had to take 10 steps to do something which took 2 steps on a PC? I bought the Apple because it was supposed to be easier, not more difficult.

A lot of people have issues with their macs. More so than with PCs. Only their publicity machine is so effective that people who buy these machines don't realize it.

In any event, the issue is fixed. Dell finally sent a technician and I got everything new. I now have a working system. Everything has been replaced. Harddrive, software, mother board, fan, keyboard - everything but the shell. I'm happy.

If I do change operating systems, I will go to Ubuntu. However, the thing that stops me is a lot of softare I'm running would have to be repurchased, and some isn't written for ubuntu. That includes screenwriting software, graffic design software, etc.

Thanks for your input. smile

I think you have been sadly mislead :-)

However, Ubuntu is an excellent choice also.

1. profile image0

Pcunix, if Apple had been willing to stop with the bs when I first told them the system wasn't reading jpgs, and just fixed the issue there and then, then I might possibly be completely attached to my macbook. Like I said, I realize that, occasionally, a dud falls into the system. It happens. I'm pretty sure that is what happened.

What got my goat was the level of service, the complete denial that anything might be wrong with the system.

Because I'm very careful with things, I tend to go for 3rd and 4th opinions. My Macbook should not have been doing the things it was (and, no, it didn't have a virus), and it should have been doing the things it was.

Bear in mind that at the time I was using Mac computers every day for a year long graphic design course at college. So I was more than a little familiar with them. smile

My daughter uses Ubuntu and it's a great system. If I wasn't because I would have to use different software, I would probably have switched to it ages ago. smile

Sophia, I don't want to get into who knows more or has done more. I did the Microsoft MCSE certification also, as well as multiple Unix certs.  I support networks, mail systems, do programming and have worked on many thousands of systems - starting with some very ancient stuff in the late 60's and continuing to this day.

I assert that Macs are a good choice.  You can feel free to disagree, but I have the credentials to back my opinion.

I agree that Ubuntu is wonderful.  For most Windows users, I would not recommend it for the reasons you mentioned and more. I might not even recommend Macs for some, but in general, Macs are a very good option, are as trouble free as any other system, often have a longer useful life, far less trouble with malware, and retain a higher resale value.

Windows 7 is also a decent choice, though I think Microsoft may be singing its swan song fairly soon.

1. profile image0

I agree that Microsoft will be saying goodbye soon!!! smile Their star is dying.

Pcunix, I don't know Macs as well as I know PC.

As I said previously, if it wasn't for the fact that Apple wouldn't concede that I had a dud computer until 4 months in, I would probably still be using an apple, as that is what I was using CS4 on.

I, personally, don't find any major differences between the two. And until last year, I've never had any major problems with any computer I owned (except viruses, which, thankfully, I now haven't had for about 4 years).

The person who laughed and told me that Apple had as many problems as PC also knows computers pretty well. It's what he does for a living. I was inclined to believe him but I don't have any evidence and will slide your way as you obviously know more about this than I do. smile

It's also perfectly possible that I don't use computers for anything other than watching the occasional movie, writing, and minor bits of graphic design. So, I use very basic tools and it really wouldn't matter what I used... I don't think. smile

(I left the computer field end 1985 for a while, went back and studied the McSE bit in 1993/4 or thereabouts), and then decided it wasn't for me. I'm more into science than technology.

8. profile image0

I am available as a third party certifier.

1. profile image0

wink You're sweet. smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, you may have noticed that I pointedly omitted the word "trusted."

1. profile image0

smile You're also funny! smile

9. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

"
    Best Buy Geek Squad examined my computer and told me it was the operating system. So, if you have a beef with anyone, please call the Geek Squad and tell them that they don't know what they're talking about."

totally unrelated but in my experience Geek Squad usually doesnt know what they are talking about. By in my experience, I mean fixing simple issues after GS has diagnosed the system w/ a blanket recommendation of MB failure and suggested a replacement system.

They are just a wing of the BB sales team. You might as well give your PC to McDonalds to diagnose while you eat your "meal"

your jpeg issue sounds interesting... i hope it wasnt as simple as a .jpg/.jpeg   (mac uses the 4 letter extension, or did in the past )

It could have been that and I would not be surprised if Geek Squad missed that. I quite agree with your assessment of their expertise, and especially so outside of Windows.

It is no longer an issue; the default associations include both.

Of course it never really was an issue - a simple Google search would have found that much.

10. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Thanks for your reply, SA.  Every one of us on here has some problem that may be identified by interesting letters - or not.  Some of us know about our own problems, but some of us don't.

I tend to take forever in writing, posting and replying, because I read, reread, rewrite, reread, rewrite, reread to be sure I am saying things the way I mean them.  And that's just one of my problems.

If we started identifying everyone's struggles, this forum thread would truly be "Off the topic but maybe some help"lol  lol  lol

1. profile image0

Thank you Aficionada. I'm not a dragon. I just come across like one at times! smile

1. Aficionada profile image78

Don't we all! smile

RAM = random access memory.

I am actually married to my very own personal computer repairman. While he was in seminary, he supported his growing family by repairing computers (mostly Kaypro back then) at a local business, and he developed a great reputation around town.  Even now, he continues to enjoy working on computers on the side, and I've gotten spoiled by never having to take mine to a shop.  We have the hard drive for at least 10 computers floating around the house at any given time.  I should probably count, because it is likely far more than 10! LOL

ETA: I should probably amend that to indicate that I meant "very-own-personal" computer repairman, rather than "very own PC" repairman.  [Speaking of reading and rewriting lol !]

1. profile image0

@ Aficionada, It's lovely to know someone like that. I'm always nervous when I don't know someone's ability. You're very lucky to have someone like that around. smile

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps more Angel-like...

1. profile image0

@Website Examiner! Now you've really make me laugh! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)