Christians Attacked in Egypt

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Coptic Christians were attacked and killed in Egypt by extremist Muslims and Christians are persecuted in other places as well: Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon among other places.  What can we Christians and our churches do to find a solution or should we just take the Christians out of the Middle East and bring them over here to the West as refugees?  Perhaps the better course is to empty the Middle East of Christians and let extremist Muslims take over that region and let them establish the caliphate and see it slide back to the the 7th Century the way they want it.  What do you think?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just another example of the peaceful spread of Islam

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A shame about the murdered atheists though.

Still - yjem is no wot god sed innit? sad

And the persecution of atheists continues......

Like wot god sed innit? As it is ans soz it - kill them wot int beleebin'.......

Just another example of the peaceful (lol) spread of Kristianity. Disgusting. sad

Anyone attacking another person wishing to express their right to believe or to not believe in any religion is a criminal... no if ands or buts.

Doesn't matter if the persecution happened in the Colosseum in Rome.. during the crusades in Jerusalem.. in the WW2 ghettos of Europe....or in the Coptic Churches in Egypt

In fact, the only people who should be subjected to such torment are those who refuse to impart their SEO knowledge to lovable and eager-to-learn Canadians  smile

Yay! So u agree - I Can spred my beleebs innit - no matter how annoying it is - I can wake u up 12 time sin the night and there is nothin wot jeebus sed agiun it innit Yay!

I will b callin u 12 times in the night. Thanx

I can do wot I want and if u sez I am not alloewd this b persukushun like wot goid sed would b happenin.

I lub u and I will call u every night like wot u sed!!

Yay Innit!!!

the right to wave your fist ends where my face begins

but you are welcome to call.. i will gather whatever web marketing insights I can by reading through the lines of our conversation smile

O - I will stop just b4 yiur face beigind - like wot god sed as u sed. Nuffink annoyiong or nufink.

We beleeb u burn and we sez so - innit

But - I see you are a genuine Christian and do not go with the whole "turn the other cheek" nonsense like wot jeebus sed.

In my youth, I listened to countless women ramble on about stuff just to get laid.. so take your best shot lol

Oh? Really? Twice?

2. aka-dj profile image65
          aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My, My??

What a display of intelligence, reason and rationale?

The levels some will stoop to, just to make some ridiculous point.
          For a professional writer, - well - , what can I say.....???? Words fail me. sad

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wink Of course!

When the region empties of Christians and Jews, it will be the moderate Muslims who will be worse off because the extremists will take over.  Moderate Muslims seem to have no support and are killed, like that Pakistani governor, and even worse the murder seems to have broad support.  We will probably have to deal with the extremists on an even broader scale or that society will implode.  It's hard to know right know which way it will go.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why were the Christians there do you know?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66

I don't understand the question, penny.  There have been Christian communities there since the time of Christ.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
          pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh it was a genuine question. I did no know that. Because I didn't connect the dots duh! Thanks!

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pray for them that they remain faithful to the will of God in the face of persecution.

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

The early church was built during persecution. It thrived.

Let God do what He wants to do. He can remove them if He wants.
    But, He always has a remnant to all nations as a witness to them.

Yes, it's tough for us to see what they are going through, but that's all the more reason for us to pray for, and encourage them.

Lets not, for a moment, think that persecution is only a problem "over there". It can come to any of us, any time. (and I'm not taking just about ridicule and the like). Our lives may be at stake tomorrow, for all we know.

1. profile image51
      lyfbondposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i couldn't agree more... Christians are meant to be persecuted by the world for our citizenship is in heaven so while here on this earth, need to press on and stand on our faith. . . and do not be complacent for their are still great things to do... pray and support missionaries.

2. Flightkeeper profile image66

Of course it can come to us at any time, but it's hard for that to happen in Christian majority countries which is most the Western Hemisphere.  Christians have become a minority in the Middle East and one of the things I wondered is what are our responsibilities as Christians when we see that Christians are being slaughtered and persecuted there.  Do we just leave it alone and turn a blind eye which it seems what you are saying.  We can pray on it of course but I've always been one of those who thinks God helps those who help themselves.  I'm really wondering what kind of influence we have over the situation in Turkey, Pakistan, the Middle East, Nigeria, etc and what we can do with that influence.

3. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Some better news - it appears that the Egyptian Muslims and Copts are beginning to unite against the extremists. I read it in the Greek news, but here is an Egyptian source.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/3365.aspx

Hope that this 'Egypt for All' movement continues smile

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

At this stage in life I Do not believe people kill for any lofty goals but probably from some mundane idea or they have some twisted point of view of life especial when they're kill over dirt.

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Ever scan the thread titles and mis-read a title?  I thought this was:

"Chickens Attacked in Egypt" and my daughter thought it was
    "Christmas Attacked in Egypt"....

LOL  big_smile

1. aka-dj profile image65

They will be next!
      lol lol lol

6. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Christians are not unsafe in the countries you mentioned. The only way a Christian might make themselves unsafe in those areas is if they attempt to preach in areas where it is not allowed. If they go about their day, and don't make it a point to whip out a bible to every person they see, or hand out literature, nobody is going to bother them.

The church groups go to these countries go for the sole purpose of preaching the word of god to people who they assume they are trying to "Save" without worry of their own safety. Mainly because they do not fully know the laws of those countries, and they assume because they are foreigners that they don't have to obey the law. They don't realize that those countries do not care about the freedom we have to express ourselves here in the U.S. Especially when it comes to women and going around attempting to spread Christianity.

I have heard that you can be shot or stoned for that. My sister found that out the hard way, when her church group went to
    Isreal. They crossed the border into Lebabnon, and they were almost arrested just for having bibles in their backpacks. And, it turns out, the only reason they were stopped is because the area they were walking in was a possible mine field.

This was back when Beruit was getting bombed on a daily basis.
    But, I would think that If today's christians wouldn't make it a point to travel to the middle east, there wouldn't be a problem.
    The funny thing is, my sister thought that Isreal as a christian nation, imagine her surprise when half of the middle east does not worship Jesus. It's nothing but a big tourist trap.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In Egypt most of the Christians are Copts and have lived in Egypt for centuries. The Coptic religion is one of the oldest of the Christian religions and existed in Egypt long before the Muslim Conquest of Egypt in the 7th century, and it is the Copts that are regarded as the descendants of the ancient Egyptians.

So in Egypt it is not a case of evangelical Christians arriving in the country and pushing their religion on an unwilling populace.

7. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

I must say that the murder is wrong no matter who is doing the killing or is being killed...If they were truly christians then they are in a better place and we should be happy for the fact that they are clear of the trials and tribulations of our mortal lives...I also think (my opinion only) that "us" getting involved (I.E. western christians attempting to help) is only going to create more problems...Small groups of christians have lived in those parts of the world for centuries...if they felt the need to leave they would have...Having been to the middle east on more than one occasion as part of my job...I can tell you that as a "westerner" you must be very cautious of how you present yourself when visting those parts of the world. Sticking our noses in places it doesn't belong normally leads to it being cut off...as was mentioned earlier by someone...if you wish to help or support...do it through your prayers and prayers only...Don't forget our country is very hell bend on preventing terrorism... you wouldn't want your attempt at good deeds to be misunderstood for something else...Let the folks with the political positions, do thier jobs at trying to stop this sort of tragic events from occuring. Support them in thier efforts if you want to help those others around the world.

8. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Christians Attacked in Egypt

It is very sad it happened.
    The extremists do it on their own; there is no such teaching in Quran/Islam/Muhammad.

1. profile image54
      ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't be serious. Are you saying that all of the terror attacks in the name of Allah are completely alien to the muslim faith? Somebody needs to share that with the imams.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no teaching in Quran/Islam/Muhammad to make a terrorist attack; it is a wrong perception of the hardened and illiterate clergy.

1. aka-dj profile image65

"hardened and illiterate clergy"?

Are you kidding me (us)? What an indictment on your own people?

lol lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)