Rumor: Nancy Pelosi is human

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (34 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I watched part of the swearing-in ceremony on CNN, and I thought Nancy was pretty magnanimous. Shots of her sitting with two small kids on her lap were also shown. I assume they were her grandchilden. She actually appreared sweet and affectionate.

I don't care for Nancy, but you gotta admit, she's a hell of a leader!

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, a hell of a leader, led the democrats straight to defeat and presided over the worst congress in history.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/145238/congr … story.aspx

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
        I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, the struggling economy led them to defeat and calling the congress she presided over the worst in history is just one man's opinion.

Thanks.

But they didn't just poll me.

2. starme77 profile image78
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly smile

2. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if she's a leader. I do know this. She represents the MOST LIBERAL section of America. She does so with vigor and a straight face! You have to admit, she represents her base. It's what she was elected to do. She does it well.

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, magnanimity in front of a camera is going to give her a lot of brownie points with most people. I saw her pecking John's cheek and a big smile. But really, now that that's all done, makes you wonder what she's swearing about that John's doing since she had her grandkids ushered into the next room. At least it does to me. 

wink

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

She is a cyborg implant put in place by the USSR before it went under. I heard the Chinese have figured out the code and send her the agenda now.  big_smile

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

and let's not forget what the Palestinians and Afghanis and Arabs have to do with her!  Plus, she is so fabulous, she has memorized all their codes and decodes all their messages instantly!  Then, she personally goes to every Republican household in America (and some around the world) and speaks for them!!!  I'm in awe of her, as I have even since before I was born!  no lie!

oops, forgot to mention how close she is to the North Koreans!  in bed with just EVERYBODY!  woo! could you follow that act?  Perhaps Boehner will, I am keeping an open mind.

smile

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

But Jim, she sure whipped the dems in line and kept pushing them when they wanted to throw in the towel. I agree with few of her views, but I can still recognize leadership skills when I see them.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And accoutrement?

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

Whipped the dems in line?

Those guys are used to being whipped.

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

She was using those two kids as a shield to protect her from all the dummycrats who lost their House seats and positions. lol

1. Jed Fisher profile image67
      Jed Fisherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked the way she kissed John Boener on the mouth.

1. profile image57
        C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not like she can feel it or even smell his breath. All that botox has left her face and sense of smell null and void! Same for Boehner with all the cigs and tanning!LOL It was like a taxidermied man being kissed by a wax lady!LMAO

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was the kiss of death.  Boehner better get some antibiotics.

Penicillin ain't curing what shes spreading.

How's it working for you?

You have a little crush on the crypt-keeper don't you?

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
                Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he saw Nancy try to slip Boehner the tongue, guys like that.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Jealous?

3. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think she wanted for it to linger...he's hot!

...for a whimpering carrot.

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like my veggies to be sensitive. lol

1. lovemychris profile image77
              lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know something, I do too.
              When he was choking up before taking the gavel, that touched my heart. That was very sweet.
              Plus, I love what he said when he was asked about his smoking...."It is what it is." Exactly! Yay! You smoke...BIG DEAL.

So, while I hate his politics, think they ruin America.....I won't attack him as a person any more. No more calling him Boner. (sigh...that was fun!)

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would be great if all of us could remember that the people we disagree with politically are human beings.

5. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

In all honesty, San Fran Nan looks pretty good for a woman of 71.

Unfortunately, everything that makes her who she is is completely and utterly revolting.

But to be fair, she does an admirable job of representing her constituents, the far left whack jobs...so I guess you have to give her credit.....kinda....

6. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

she reminds me of a movie I saw about a robot grandma in the 80's. You guessed it shes the grandma and talks on and on forever!

7. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

I met Nancy Pelosi in the lobby of her apartment house in Washington, D.C. in 1994 or 1995. She was beautiful then and remains so now. Unfortunately she didn't invite me up to her apartment although I sensed at the time that the thought crossed her mind. :-) "Nancy Pelosi Fully Clothed" is one of my most popular Hubs!
    She was one of the most effective Speakers of the House since Sam Rayburn. She's a tough cookie with a heart of gold.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IMO, she had more to do individually with the passage of 'Obamacare' than President Obama and Harry Reid combined.

While I can understand why conservatives disagree with her, the concerted effort to dehumanize her is unworthy. Politics is rough and she proved she can play well without crying when she looses a point.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She is a class act.  She plays tough and she doesn't revert to whining and playing the victim when she gets slammed, unlike poor poor Sarah, Michelle, Sharron, Christine.... shall I go on?

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with that.Tough cookie-heart of gold.
      And Grayson gave her an A+.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Grayson?  Alan Grayson?  The Barking Moonbat from Florida?

Yeah, there's an endorsement....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)