Jan. Amazon earnings,,,, -1.65

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Wow, I've never had an affiliate where I'm actually minus $1.65!! lol

That's what I'm at right now with Amazon for this month. No sales yet and -$1.65. Must be returns from the holidays.

I'm not worried, it will pick up. Just showing you all that you can be good at some things and still have a bad start to a month.

Anyone want to share my earnings for this month? big_smile

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You getting the drinks in then Bill?

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, I'll supply the glasses but you gotta bring the booze! lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I'll add 4.32.
        let's run a tab!

1. CMHypno profile image82
          CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With all our joint earnings so far we could run a kitty for the drinks! So kitty up people and have a New Year drink as earnings will improve!

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll share with you. My first transaction was the return of a $600 camera. Guess he didn't want a Canon..... sad

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

arrrghhhhh f***ing ouch !

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

$0.82 from items bought last month and shipped in this.

Plus $0.36 to come, when the single $8.99 sale I've made so far in January ships lol

3. Laura Marie profile image61
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

I have $11 so far this month on Amazon affiliates. Made it into the 6% commission tier too!! Hopefully things will improve towards the end of the month.

4. ThomasE profile image68
    ThomasEposted 13 years ago

Hm... this thread at least makes me a little happier about my dismal amazon $5.68 performance from hubpages so far this month.

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

sales total is depressing - first entry this month was return of a $50 item

somehow managed to sell $1k in books in one go though - which makes one day worthwhile - still to see how the rest of the month performs.

I started the month expecting to do no better than Sept - anything better will be a welcome bonus.

6. cre8tive profile image82
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

I feel positively rolling it in with $8.40 so far ...

7. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Yeah I sold a bunch of books too -textbooks mostly. Which are nice (much more expensive than kindle books). Also a bunch of other school and office supplies. This is all good, cause it helps pay for my own kid's spring semester books!

No returns yet this month, but I know they'll be coming. Had two the week after Christmas.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

18.62 -- babies stuff - low comparing to the past three months. I hope I don't have returns..

Happy Birthday! I saw the announcement at facebook!

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks prettydarkhorse. Yeah those birthdays just keep coming every year! hmm

9. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I'm looking at a fabulous buck and 80 cents big_smile
    But I'm happy with my adsense.

10. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

My adsense had a few bad first days but it's back to where I want it now. January is often the worst month of the year for sales.

Everyone has bought lots of gifts, so they are broke. They got everything they wanted. Plus they are doing new years resolutions, which often involves cutting back on spending.

At least you can look forward to the rest of the year being better than January, normally. smile

11. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Haha, that hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm bracing myself.

12. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Returns are not fun, but big returns always are disappointing.  My Jan Amazon sales are positive so far, $14.70.  smile

13. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Boy, I have got you SO beat.  I'm at a whopping 99 cents for Amazon in just the first 4 days!

The wife is planning a February vacation if it keeps up at this pace.. well, if it keeps up at that pace AND we win the lottery.

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I've made $3.93 on Amazon so far this month. Woo-hoo!! Not.

15. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

$41.78 here sad jsut over ten dollars a day - Disappointing.

1. ajetayo profile image60
      ajetayoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@thisisoli, I think you should throw a party for everyone here...lol. I've just made $1.82 from three sales, I'm waiting for the shipment on the fourth.

I've made over 17 Euros on Adsense.

16. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

$6.60 so far... but that's from shipping items sold last month. Adsense is being very dismal - about half last month's daily average. sad

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Adsense is only slightly down for me -  $99.73 through yesterday.   I was expecting more of a downturn.

Other affiliate sales and my own book sales are clicking along at normal rates.

Other business - my bread and butter consulting work - is almost always somewhat slow until May.  I usually don't expect any business at all until mid January, which is fine with me because it gives me tine to get started with taxes.

17. PurpleOne profile image78
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I had a $160 watch returned so far this month. It looks like it was returned at a lower commission rate though than what I sold it at so even after the return, I still made about $3?? Doesn't seem right but it's what it looks like to me.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ive noticed that too.

I guess, its nice to keep a few cents since they dont credit us for any replacement purchase that buyer may make

1. PurpleOne profile image78
        PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely! smile

2. Spacey Gracey profile image40
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's happened to me too - the commission came off at 4% but I know that I got paid more than that.

1. PurpleOne profile image78
        PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's better than the other way around which can probably happen too.

18. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

hmmmm,I'm at 3.28 so far this month..hmm

19. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Well I've just checked and I've made less than in the first 4 days of December but more than the first 4 days of November.

In 9 months I only ever had 12 returns and today I got 3 in one day!

20. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

jUST KEEP UP THE GOOD ATTITUDE AND IT WILL ROLL IN...

That is so crazy it's funny, better to laugh than cry and like I said it'll come rolling in, if I can make money on Amazon anybody can...

Thanks for sharing that smile

21. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

By end of day should be getting about 5.28 in sales, someone decided to go crazy with collectible card game purchases.

22. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

$50 so far, woot! You guys will catch up to  me in no time. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats everyone,

Yesterday somebody bought a stroller worth 700 plus, if I convert that to peso in the Phils. it is worth 29,000 pesos, geez that's a four months salary of a minimum wage earner there. Even if you have some money to spare, would you buy baby stuff like that?

1. webtoys profile image61
        webtoysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what kind of stroller did he buy ?

23. Spacey Gracey profile image40
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Another 3 items returned!

24. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Two persons return kindle in this months alone sad.

25. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just had someone buy a Christmas tree that was reduced in the sales smile

It was down to a mere $600!

1. Spacey Gracey profile image40
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I spent that much on a Christmas tree I would want it to be able to cook the blooming Christmas dinner not just sit there looking pretty. Nice fat commission on that should buy you your Christmas tree next year smile

26. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I'm up to $22.16 (wooooooo hmm)

Three returns @ -$6.54, and 10 items to ship so far. More woooooo hmm

Goooooo buyers ... you're really rocking tongue

27. lender3212000 profile image61
    lender3212000posted 13 years ago

Yeah, my January activity on Amazon has me living in the single digits as well so far. Hopefully things pick up later in the month.

28. webtoys profile image61
    webtoysposted 13 years ago

I got 0$ affiliating fee....
    OMG, what have I done ?
    please help!

29. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

You have a fun attitude.  I have not(knocking on wood here) gotten any returns yet.  I just reached $8+ on Amazon and I am keeping it! lol

30. lou16 profile image72
    lou16posted 13 years ago

My January Amazon earnings started with a -$2.34 which was a little depressing, but luckily it's back in the positive at just over $27 now so it's heading the right way.

31. Christene profile image61
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

A whole $0.09  LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)