How do you Index your individual HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Audarah profile image69
    Audarahposted 13 years ago

I am quite new to Hubpages, but not website building in general. I have used Analytics and Google Webtools for quite some time now. It's pretty common sense that I can't verify Hubpages since I don't own the site, but does that hold true for my individual pages on Hubpages as well? For example,

if I try to add one of my url's to get it verified, I obviously cannot pick any of the choices on how to do that, ie., I cannot edit html or metatag in hubpages, etc.

I hope you can bare with me as even I am confusing myself!

After using my webmaster tools for quite a while and figuring out that I pretty much cannot index manually with webpages, I started researching on here and looking up everything I could.

When I noticed that other people are saying: my page was indexed within 24 hours, for example... I then began to say "ok, how do they know this?" since I can't index my individual hubs! I'd sort of like to let google know that I wrote something and watch the crawler crawl my page, but I guess I don't have that option here?

Can anyone help? In the meantime, I'm heading back to the learning center to see what else I can find.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

When people talk about their hubs getting "indexed," this means that Google (or other search engines) have recorded their existence and the hub now shows up in the search results. This happens quite automatically, often shortly after the hub is published.

You can "ping" hubs in the hope of getting them indexed faster, but most people do not bother with that.

That's about it...

Audarahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your time and help, website.
      I guess my confusion is mainly because in the past (outside of hubpages), when I have created a site, I had to manually let google know that I did so. I would submit my site, verify that it was mine, and then do a small dance when I seen it had been crawled. ( all through using webmaster tools).

However, with hubpages, I cannot submit my individual hubs as it will not let me verify them as mine using my webmaster tools. However, I have added them to the general "submit your url" page.  By doing my own url searches using site: (and my website here), I can see that two of of my three hubs ARE indexed, and have been cached- which is great.

I guess what I am saying is that with webmaster tools, I was able to see this in one little neat place ( and even create a sitemap). I am seemingly not able to do this with hubpages; which generally is not an issue like you said- as once you write something, it gets crawled.

I guess my bottom line is how are you all finding out when you are indexed and what your page ranking is? Other than my actually searching for my own hubpage article, I have no idea if I am out there or not. Is this how you are all doing it?

Sorry if I sound so redundant, but this whole indexing ( manually indexing) is driving me nuts. I should focus more on SEO and just writing more and more at the moment.

2. Mike Dale profile image60
      Mike Daleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly as Examiner said. There are tools (plugins) for firefox that can help you get that info. I think SEOQuake was pretty good if I recall.

As far as getting "found" or indexed, a little social bookmarking goes a long way. If you send it to your facebook, twitter, friendfeed, stumbleupon or something similar, you'll get indexed within a few hours. Use a combo of social bookmarks for max effect. Some show up as backlinks too. Not many, but a few do, that's a god thing.

SEOQuake- I will be getting this, thank you so much.

3. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Yep, i don't bother with pinging so much, bar the fact that my personal blogs are set up to automatically ping the search engines.  It has nothing to do with GWT.

4. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I have found hubs are usually indexed rather quickly, some faster than others. The only way I know is to do a search to see if it's there yet.

Thank you rebekah, you answered my question!

5. onlinelawyer profile image59
    onlinelawyerposted 13 years ago

Thanks for this information.  It was helpful to me to understand how google indexs hubpages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)